is ativan stronger than xanax?
    drugfreeme3 is offline Junior Member

Default is ativan stronger than xanax?

I have been taking xanax for years now for my anxiety disorder/panic attacks. I went to the doctor today and he wrote my prescriptions. I filled them and came home and noticed that it was ativan not xanax. I took one and it didnt make me sleepy. I like that. So the question is, is the ativan stronger than the zanax? will ativan work better than xanax? I know nothing about ativan eccet that it is used for anxiety.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ativan has a longer half life than xanax. It doesn't affect you quite as hard or as quickly. So ativan may be a better medication for you than xanax. That's the case with lots of people. It's still a benzo and very addictive so be careful. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Ativan has a longer half life than xanax. It doesn't affect you quite as hard or as quickly. So ativan may be a better medication for you than xanax. That's the case with lots of people. It's still a benzo and very addictive so be careful. God bless.
    Thank you robert. Im just glad not to be tired bc the xanax made me so tired. So atiivan is better than the xanax?
    Also I wanted to let you know I am down to half of the 2/.5 suboxone pill. and am doing well. I have yet to find the suboxone forum so I can post what I have been doing. I havent had the time to do so untill now.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Ativan isn't necessarily better than xanax. They are for different purposes. Xanax is better for panic attacks as it works quickly and its effects are strong. Ativan works more slowly and is better for general anxiety disorder.

I'm glad to hear you've lowered the suboxone dose. So you're taking 1mg per day is that correct .. half a 2mg pill? Let me know how I can help you with the suboxone and I'll be happy to. You can start a suboxone thread of your own if you like. Let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

i started a thread called suboxone tapper in need to talk and it explains more there.