Hi everyone,

I just registered on this site, because I felt the need to share my experience with you all. I'm 28 years old and have always battled on and off with depression. About 7 months ago something very upsetting happened to me, and it was very hard to deal with the pain, so with the help of my family I decided to go on antidepressants. I had taken Paxil in the past and had a bad experience with it, so the doctor put me on 10mg of Lexapro for about a month, then 20 , and finally switched me to 60 mg of Cymbalta which I thought was a big jump in mg. Anyhow, I seemed to feel better on the Lexapro, no side effects. When I switched to Cymbalta I started noticing that I was jolting just as I was about to fall asleep. Almost like a seizure. I told the doctor about this, and he insisted it was just "anxiety" and to just take a few tylenol pms at night to help me sleep. I was tired, but the second I nodded off my whole body would jerk up. I let a couple weeks go by and it was getting worse. I told him, and he told me not to worry about it. After I couldn't sleep anymore, and started feeling dizzy, I decided to just stop the pills although I know that is not recommended. (It also did not help he was unreliable and did not return my calls after leaving messages that I was having side effects.) The withdrawal was hell, although I do believe I was experiencing side effects from the Cymbalta also. I am just feeling better now. It's been a little over a month. The worse of it was over in two weeks. I had severe vertigo, light-headedness, dizziness, insanely vivid nightmares/dreams, chills, sweating, some brain zaps, depersonalization(feeling of loss of reality), and blurred vision. The worst was jerking up every night as I was just about to doze off. I was so tired and could not sleep because of that. My advice to anyone here, is too really think about antidepressants before you take them. I also learned that you can have withdrawal from one antidepressant even if you switch right to another. I did some research on it, and I found that Benadryl , yep just the regular allergy pill Benadryl was used in helping withdrawal. It was a miracle for me. I took 2 at night, and slowly the symptoms started subsiding. I also started to take Vitamin B-12 and Omega- 3 to help the brain zaps. I'm still taking the Vitamin B, the Omega-3 and something called Butchers Broom, and Gingko Biloba. Also, Brewers Yeast has been recommended for helping withdrawal. I have been feeling so much better after this ordeal was over, and the supplements really do make a difference. I am writing this for anyone who is going through severe withdrawal. I know it's hard and it will get better. I myself know I will never go back on antidepressants again, but it's different for everyone. I hope this was helpful if anyone is having a hard time with withdrawal.