antidepressants combined with pain killers
    natefvz3 is offline New Member

Default antidepressants combined with pain killers

I was wondering what the (if any) dangers were of combining an antidepressant such as paroxetine with a drug like vicodin or somas. Could the combination result in any physical problems, and could it possibly result in increased anxiety/panic attacks? Thanks a lot.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

It could result in some physical problems, because they can both cause respiratory depression, so if you take too much, you could conceviably go into respiratory arrest. However, if you doc prescribed both, and you don't take more than the prescribed amount, you will be fine.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Remerron is offline New Member

I take Lexapro and was prescribed Vicodin for a while, I personally had no problems with it, and wouldnt see why any would occur. Im not exactly sure about mixing them with Somas, might have a little trouble operating machinery. [:I]

chiasson is offline New Member

I am taking Paxil for panic attacks and Vicodin for nerve pain in both arms and I take Somas evry once in awhile because I have Scoliosis of the spine and have never had a problem.

Lori Massey