Ambien - Does it make you do this
    wishkah353 is offline New Member

Default Ambien - Does it make you do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVuwtnn-NU

does ambien really make you do stuff like this? I want to get a prescription for this to help with my insomnia, but after seeing all these videos of people doing weird stuff and doing things like this, im scared.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You're not serious? Being educated a doofus makes you act this way, they're not very smart are they? But maybe if you had to ask...it will?

just_a_mom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by wishkah353 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVuwtnn-NU

does ambien really make you do stuff like this? I want to get a prescription for this to help with my insomnia, but after seeing all these videos of people doing weird stuff and doing things like this, im scared.
    Wish,

I didn't bother to watch the video - but I can tell you that Ambien can give you amnesia while you are on it. I have taken it while in the hospital and have NO memory of what happened during the 8 hours it was in my system (even though I have been told I had blood drawn, conversations with nurses, etc.). So if you are someone who might do something stupid or embarrassing while sort of out of it, then I would stay away.

just a mom

Anonymous Guest

Hi Wish
    I'm with mom, I do take ambien sometimes but if I don't go right to bed I will forget what I was talking about ...My daughter will look at me like you dummy ....I told you that last night...I guess it all depends how bad you need it to justify it...I don't sleep much, so I need to take something if you can possibly get by with out it you would be much better off...
    let us know how it goes...
    Melinda

tired2 is offline Advanced Member

I didn't watch the video but, I have taken Ambien and I have actually gotten up during the night and ate a piece of cheese cake without knowing until I saw the remainder in the garbage and I'm not a sleep eater either!!I even drove to McDonald's for an ice cream cone and didn't remember driving home!!I do not take Ambien anymore but yes it can cause some people to do things they may not remember!!
    Just to live life free as a bird

wow thats so weird. i never thought a sleeping pill could make you forget what you did like if you're super drunk.. crazy.

ty for the responses. maybe ill just try it to see if it gives me the same effect and if it does just go right to sleep.

besides all the side effects, this is like the best sleeping aid you can get today tho right?

barbles2413 is offline New Member

Default ambiens episodes

Quote Originally Posted by tired2 View Post
    I didn't watch the video but, I have taken Ambien and I have actually gotten up during the night and ate a piece of cheese cake without knowing until I saw the remainder in the garbage and I'm not a sleep eater either!!I even drove to McDonald's for an ice cream cone and didn't remember driving home!!I do not take Ambien anymore but yes it can cause some people to do things they may not remember!!
    You want to hear Ambiens nightmares. I have moved furniture, went for walks in the middle of the night and picked trash cans, woke up with marshamellows melted all over my body from my body heat, mouth full of cookies And various other snack foods I called friends and family in the middle of the night not once but 2 3 times a night found open bottles of wine on my kitchen counter and I do not even drink wine. I asked my psychiatrist about it and his advice was go see a priest. Well needless to say that was the last time I saw him. It wasn't too long after that when it was all over the news about ambien and sleep amnesia. It sounds funny now but think about it someone including us could have got hurt.

ialwaysdo is offline Junior Member

Default .

ambien will make u trip if u take too much and try to stay awake...

u will forget most of the night , but if u take the regular dose and go to bed it works like a "sleeping pill ".

then u can get up go to work and not be tired...its a drug with a purpose.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I got some distressing news from my 18 year old grandson regarding ambien which the last poster seems to have confirmed. He is in HS. He said kids take ambien to get high. I have taken ambien to sleep but i go right to sleep so I didn't get what he was saying. He said some kids take it but of course, force themselves to stay away, and he said, they "trip" on it.... Oh, kids are crazy. They have no idea. They say the frontal lobe is not fully formed til you're in your mid 20's which is the reason youngsters make such bad decisions and are risk takers. I pray for the day all my young loved ones have fully freaking formed frontal lobes .

On another scary note regarding kids, on the late news last night there was a story about kids in Long Island (same as everywhere) and the very sharp increase in the use of pain pills such as vicodin and oxy and the EVEN SHARPER increase in the use of >>>>>> sold in the High Schools because its purer than it used to be and cheaper than the pills. We have to be so vigilent with teenagers. I would hate to think someone I love could be on a forum like this in 20 years...

ialwaysdo is offline Junior Member

I believe in the last decade or so pain killer abuse has really , really reached an all time high ( and all rx drugs ).

I went through my troubles as an adult , so for a young kid to be involved in this world would be a very tough situation.

Parents need to keep the pill bottles out of reach , and be educated of these dangers...

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Even if you are so careful with your own pill bottles, my granddaughter told me they were selling xanax and vicodin in her HS but also in her MIDDLE SCHOOL last year (6-8 grade!). Her g/f took 1/2 a xanax "to relax" and another friend said within my hearing she would like to get a doctor's script for vicodin and take twice as much as the doctor says to take just to see what it feels like because she has a back ache (at 15!). Marijuana use is rampant. While I'm not personally against pot and think there is a place for it and it should be legal, that would be for adults, not 13 year olds as it can be (not always) a gateway drug. When I was young, you had to go out of your way, to drug dealers and bad areas and risk getting arrested to get drugs but now its so easy, things are going to get worse than they were back then which was the '60s and '70s and even early '80s. I worry to death for the young people I love and all young people. So many on this forum are in their early 20s and 30s. The drugs had to be much easier to come by than they used to be but the end result is sadly, horribly the same.

the only reason why drugs like that are such a big deal is because the law says they're so bad. I know some are addicting, and can kill you if you take too much. but honestly the laws do nothing except ruin peoples lives if you get caught with them and make them out to be something they're not.

let me explain.. one of the big topics why drugs are so bad is because stupid kids OD on them. ok, so they do, its not a huge % that do. its usually the dumb ones who do that. well you can OD on anything. you can eat too much and your stomach will explode. you can drink to much and die. you can take too much cough syrup and kill yourself as well as aspirin. just because some of these drugs make you do silly stuff and make you feel good they're off limits unless you have someone in a white coat to tell you you're good enough to use them.

i could go all day on this and im sure some could go all day in the opposite direction as well. what it comes down to is people should be able to choose for themselves. survival of the fittest it should be. if you're dumb enough to OD on something then thats it. it shouldnt be no one can use these things cause some idiots ruin it for everyone. amirite?!?1

kidmonster is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    Even if you are so careful with your own pill bottles, my granddaughter told me they were selling xanax and vicodin in her HS but also in her MIDDLE SCHOOL last year (6-8 grade!). Her g/f took 1/2 a xanax "to relax" and another friend said within my hearing she would like to get a doctor's script for vicodin and take twice as much as the doctor says to take just to see what it feels like because she has a back ache (at 15!). Marijuana use is rampant. While I'm not personally against pot and think there is a place for it and it should be legal, that would be for adults, not 13 year olds as it can be (not always) a gateway drug. When I was young, you had to go out of your way, to drug dealers and bad areas and risk getting arrested to get drugs but now its so easy, things are going to get worse than they were back then which was the '60s and '70s and even early '80s. I worry to death for the young people I love and all young people. So many on this forum are in their early 20s and 30s. The drugs had to be much easier to come by than they used to be but the end result is sadly, horribly the same.
    It's funny, I think in the sixties, drugs were all around, in the seventies and eighties, cocaine and other powders became common, and now it's pills, it's always going to be something, try to take it in stride and remember, dont get sucked into what you overhear teens say. You'll go nuts , you have to let them figure this stuff out and guide them.