Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miles
Alternatives to Adderall?
    Eternal_Capture is offline New Member

Default Alternatives to Adderall?

Hello.
    I've been taking Adderall XR 15mg for the last few months, upped from 5 mg twice a day. It's made an amazing improvement in my work life...focused, less mistakes, on the ball. Here it is...a short time later the effects of it aren't working like they used too. I can hardly focus on this screen as I type currently. It only goes to so high of a dosage and I'm afraid of the day that it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not a fan of taking pills in general and screwing with my brain chemistry, and now that I'm loosing my health insurance I'm even less of a fan.

I was wondering if anyone has found anything natural to replace it. Accupunture? Vitamins?

If not, then I guess what the best method of making it affordable has been decided would be my next question.

I was referred to Medco.com by my dad. I've found that the canadian websites don't even offer it. The forum seems back and fourth on generics - existing - working. Of course I'm too ADHD to focus and read through all of them....can you relate (ha!)? I was prescribed Straterra (sp) for a while 2 years ago, found it just made me feel horrible and care not to try it again.

Any suggestions?

Miles is offline Member

Eternal Capture:

Stay away from Adderall at all costs. It's simply legal speed and its side effects are even more horrendous.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    bloggermom likes this.

texassweetpea is offline New Member

I took adderall for years with fantastic results until suddenly after years of taking it, I began to get mouth sores. I'm talking debilitating pain. next we tried ritalin....turned me into a witch on wheels literally. Last week I called my doc and asked him if we could try the only other med my insurance would pay for...dexedrine. I really like the dex.

Trust me....I have been dealing with ADD and ADHD for years....my 21 yo son was dx at age 6. We never found anything that worked at all except ritalin and adderall. I was diagnosed at age 28....took cylert, then ritalin, then adderall and now dexedrine.

If you're afraid of taking stimulants I guess you better try harder to concentrate without them.

Dana in Texas

melohh is offline New Member

Adderllin is a legal alternative to adderall.
    It is formulated for energy, focus, and fat-loss.

I have been using this product for a couple of months and it really changed my life. I am a student and use it a lot during school to focus on my studies. I also take it when i'm tired and it gives me that boost i need to get through the day.

It contains natural ingredients such as vitamin B3, B12, guarana, guperzine, and caffeine.

it is definitely worth a shot.

sashaKramer is offline New Member

I like that one too but I found a new product for add/ahad called ADDieUP
    It has 7 ingredients and works for about 7 hours, other than that exercise helps me with energy and focus.

Kris0809 is offline New Member

Did you supplement your prescribed meds with the otc supplement?

aware55 is offline New Member

For the above commentators, I'd just say, be very careful. Whenever a company uses a popular Pharmaceutical drug's name in the supplement name of what they're selling. Its a blatant attempt by the company to try and capitalize on the success of another product. And if you really thought about it, if the company was legitimate and wanted you to truly lead a healthier life, isn't it counter productive to associate themselves with Adderall at all? I mean, they're supplements, they could use any product name. Unless they're trying to tell you that they use synthetic designer amphetamine, which would actually be worse for you than Adderall.

So I believe the natural suspicions are accurate and you should avoid >>>> drugs that start with "Add" or end with "-derall" without actually being Adderall. There's so many of those it's actually really sad.

For people that are looking for an all-natural or herbal Adderall alternative, I would personally recommend Limidax. My classmates and I started using Limidax just because we wanted a healthier, more natural increase in concentration to just help with our grades. Anyone whose tried Adderall can tell you that the side-effects take a toll. And with the new research that shows Adderall impairs high-function (non ADHD) individuals, it's not even worth it for people like us. So, anyway, Limidax is well-known, they're very truthful about what the product is for, and they take an all-science route from the very beginning, which is what convinced us to try it originally. They literally just show you the ingredients on their website; you click on an ingredient, and up pops National Institute of Health clinical studies that were done with direct links to the studies. I mean I really wish all supplements were like that. Just show me the research and I will make up my mind.

Again, this is just my two-cents for the people who are looking for natural, herbal alternatives. Just be very careful that you do take a healthier, better alternative to Adderall!

readytoquit28 is offline Junior Member

I've taken both Ritalin and Adderall and they both cause me diarrhea and upset stomach cramps