Accurate Suboxone Half-life information
    un0rth0d0x is offline New Member

Cool Accurate Suboxone Half-life information

I have been looking online for over 3 days now on an accurate answer about the half life of suboxone.. I have read 24 hours, 24-48 hours, 37 hours, and 24-72 hours.. I have also seen things stating people could not get high for nearly half a month after being on a regular dose of suboxone for some time. I have been taking the suboxone for 10 days now.. I started at 6mgs a day, then the next day did 8mgs a day and continued that regiment for 4 more days.. then coming back down to 6mgs for 2 days, then 4mgs for 2 days, and finally 2mgs the last day. Now my question is the half life of Suboxone the length of time you cannot abuse any other opiate and have an effect.. or is that just how long it is in your body (not your opiate receptors) and it is possible you will not be able to abuse the opiates for even longer? I do not need a bunch of posts with people telling me not to relapse and not to take the chance please, I need accurate information only. Does anyone know an accurate time on how long one should wait to begin taking opiates and be able to feel them after taking this regiment of Suboxone? Please fill me in on your own experiences or accurate medical information. Thank you.

starryeyed is offline New Member

Default opiate do work

Hey i have been on suboxone for about 4 months now and have relapsed about 4 times or so. You can use on suboxone it just takes a lot more to get high. if you miss a day of suboxone then use you can feel the high more and after not using suboxone for about 3 days straight its like taking >>>>>> before you started the treatment.
    No one can tell you what to do you can only learn from your mistakes. Im having trouble with that one so switching to methodone.
    Anyhow all this is my personal experience.

starryeyed is offline New Member

Default mg

Sorry also i am on 14mgs.
    On 2mgs it didnt block much at all. Over here if you dont take your suboxone for more than 3 days they kick you of the program but i have missed a day or two and used. you can almost feel the blocking feel but like i say it depends how much you use. they say if you swallow it straight away and dont let it dissolve under the tongue then it does nothing anyway.
    only works when you let it disolve.

gapman0316 is offline New Member

Exclamation Re: soboxone half life etc..

I can tell you from recent personal expriance, that 15 hours after taking a 8 mlg dose for 6 days, i sampled a try at my usual of opiate of choce and did my usual dosage, i felt no blocking from the subxone and might add that it felt the same as before i was taking the suboxone. BUT ALSO REMEMBER that i have only been using suboxone for 6 days, and have only been taking 8 mlg's a day and a couple of the days days only took 4 mlg.
    I do not advocate the taking of any drugs for other than personal Health related issues. But have done my share of abussing them in my life. NO FUN..
    Good luck and please be CAREFULL.. Im new to the site, and see alot of differnt views, opinnions and such. It would be horrible for some one to go back to the amount they were ussing before after reading that some one needed twice as much as before suboxone, and try it and OD after tollerance was not as high any more. I had the same question as you until today. I can only give what happed to as being MY OWN expriance. REMEMBER, everone is differnt to how they react to any thing. Caution and prudence always..

scbfhs11 is offline New Member

This may be a dumb but I took a quarter of a suboxone earlier and about 8 hrs later, I took a 15mg oxycodone. Should I be worried about anything? Thanks

Methastoner is offline New Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by un0rth0d0x View Post
    I have been looking online for over 3 days now on an accurate answer about the half life of suboxone.. I have read 24 hours, 24-48 hours, 37 hours, and 24-72 hours.. I have also seen things stating people could not get high for nearly half a month after being on a regular dose of suboxone for some time. I have been taking the suboxone for 10 days now.. I started at 6mgs a day, then the next day did 8mgs a day and continued that regiment for 4 more days.. then coming back down to 6mgs for 2 days, then 4mgs for 2 days, and finally 2mgs the last day. Now my question is the half life of Suboxone the length of time you cannot abuse any other opiate and have an effect.. or is that just how long it is in your body (not your opiate receptors) and it is possible you will not be able to abuse the opiates for even longer? I do not need a bunch of posts with people telling me not to relapse and not to take the chance please, I need accurate information only. Does anyone know an accurate time on how long one should wait to begin taking opiates and be able to feel them after taking this regiment of Suboxone? Please fill me in on your own experiences or accurate medical information. Thank you.
    Go to bluelight.com if you want to ask questions on how to ruin your life. Were here to help people fullfil there dreams of being drug free and being able to travel and go camping, spend time with family, make good money, live a normal life. I could care less if you want to relapse but just don't ask it here. Were trying to keep a sanctuary for people having rough times and need help because they have no one else to turn to.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by scbfhs11 View Post
    This may be a dumb but I took a quarter of a suboxone earlier and about 8 hrs later, I took a 15mg oxycodone. Should I be worried about anything? Thanks
    Yes, you should be worried about your drug problems.Good luck !MM

drsamyabby is offline New Member

Angry Back off

Quote Originally Posted by Methastoner View Post
    Go to bluelight.com if you want to ask questions on how to ruin your life. Were here to help people fullfil there dreams of being drug free and being able to travel and go camping, spend time with family, make good money, live a normal life. I could care less if you want to relapse but just don't ask it here. Were trying to keep a sanctuary for people having rough times and need help because they have no one else to turn to.
    Where in the world does it say that this forum is a 'sanctuary' for people having rough times? This poster OBVIOSLY IS having a rough time. This message board is for people who have questions about drugs. If YOU are looking for a sanctuary try Narcotics Anonymous. Don't berrate and humilite others.....Just go camping.

jirish35 is offline New Member

Default Amen

Where in the world does it say that this forum is a 'sanctuary' for people having rough times? This poster OBVIOSLY IS having a rough time. This message board is for people who have questions about drugs. If YOU are looking for a sanctuary try Narcotics Anonymous. Don't berrate and humilite others.....Just go camping.

AMEN.....so sick of these people who judge others. what this person does is none of your business. he has the right to ask a question, and deserves a sufficient answer in ones capability. not to be ridiculed, hassled, made fun of, or lectured. i guess you have as much the right to speak your mind as the person does who asks the question; however in doing so, your just making an ass out of yourself for being judgemental and ignorant!!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It may be ignorant of people to be sarcastic to drug abusers but do you realize you're complaining about the original poster who hasn't been on the forum in 1 1/2 years? People can ask any questions they want to here but no one has to reply. Not being argumentative. Just stating a fact. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.