20MG dose of celexa mixed with MDMA
    stonedmental is offline New Member

Default 20MG dose of celexa mixed with MDMA

Ok I'm on a 20MG dosage of celexa(citalopram) and I want to take MDMA this weekend.. It's not going to be my first time doing it.. so I'm well aware of the effects of the drug, as well as the dangers of taking it.. However I'm not sure if there are any other dangers of taking the two together.. I remember my one friend was put on effexor I think and the doctor told him not to take MDMA with it..I'm not saying to recommend taking it.. I'm just asking if I'mg oing to die or something if I take the two together.

nixxixo is offline New Member

i've been looking this up a lot because i a) take celexa and b) used to loove taking MDMA (or E) on occasion and wanted to do it again.
    apparently when you take celexa, and mdma, you don't feel the effects of the MDMA because the celexa is blocking how much serotonine your body releases. your doctor might have said not to take it incase you didn't feel anything and kept taking more. also; i hear the sketch is a lot worse when your on SSRI's as well.
    so nothing BAD will happen (no overdosing due to the mixture) just no high

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nixxixo View Post
    i've been looking this up a lot because i a) take celexa and b) used to loove taking MDMA (or E) on occasion and wanted to do it again.
    apparently when you take celexa, and mdma, you don't feel the effects of the MDMA because the celexa is blocking how much serotonine your body releases. your doctor might have said not to take it incase you didn't feel anything and kept taking more. also; i hear the sketch is a lot worse when your on SSRI's as well.
    so nothing BAD will happen (no overdosing due to the mixture) just no high

You're posting to someone who posted once in 2005 about doing ecstacy. Perhaps they did not make it but I doubt you'll get a reply. You have too much time on your hands.

For sure telling people that mixing ecstacy and celexa is fine is a really smart move. Hope we get lots of advice from you. Go play somewhere else.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.