zoloft and sex
    tibmag is offline New Member

Default zoloft and sex

my doctor has me on zoloft and ativan.....i can have sex all day, but i cant finish(ejaculate) its been a week or so and i was wondering if this side effect would diminish?

tadalafil is offline New Member

tadalafil for impotence and ED

Rheia is offline New Member

Well as you probably know already, most antidepressant medications inclding SSRIs such as Zoloft have the potential to cause sexual dysfunction as an adverse effect. This means that you will not get used to it and/or that this will diminish. Generally, this adverse effect will affect compliance in patients. It is best that you speak to your doctor about this and it may simply be a matter of changing medication or perhaps trying another technique to combat depression.
    Good luck

ta

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Yes, speak with your doc. Most docs will switch you to a lower dosage or try something else for depression such as Wellbutrin, which has a lower risk of sexual side effects.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

babyme is offline New Member

personally, i think that wellbutrin has worse sexual side effects... i actually had no desire to have sex when i was on wellbutrin.

User Name is offline Junior Member

I actually like the side effect. I can have an orgasm, but geez do I have to work for it. I'm sure I'll get sick of it after a while, but I'm having fun with it for now. I think I have a better reaction with it because I had somewhat of a "hair trigger" before. I'm so much more confident now. I wish I had found this years ago. The no sleep and no eating thing really bugs me, but I'm working on ways to get over those.

I'm not crazy......