Young & Addicted - need help
    Anonymous Guest

Default Young & Addicted - need help

Hello, and Happy New Year!
    My addiction began when I was 14, i was stealing vicodin, and percs from my dad, and buying them on the streets, i got hooked on them for a few years.
    I eventually got off of them, and moved to Florida where i began a new life, was clean of everything but i was young and was around stuff i shouldnt have been. When i was 19 i seen my first doctor, and began my "selling" addiction until i got setup and busted a few months later. When i was selling i did start taking them sometimes, for sex, to relax after work, and for the high ofcourse, at this time i wasn't addicted to them yet. I then went to jail, and got out clean but on felony probation for this, I then started seeing my doctor again (stupid move) my intent was not to sell them, but to cope with my back pain. In the beginning i would only take them when i got home from work, then it lead to taking them at work (they gave me ALOT of energy), then more and more at work, now i cant go through my day at work without them. I cant even concentrate without them. I went from getting alot of energy at work to falling asleep at my desk, it's not nodding out though it's different, i just straight fall asleep, it's not just at work though either. I fall asleep everywhere, if im up walking around standing im fine as soon as i sit down i'm out - sleeping. then ill stand up and be fine its so weird, but it's risking my job at work being my boss has almost caught me sleeping at my desk on more than one occasion. I take anywhere from 5-8 a day and sometimes more. It's been 2 years since i started (on these) and i HATE this. I dont get high anymore or anything, i dont feel ANYTHING from them, they just keep me from getting sick (withdrawals).
    I cant take off of work to quit either, so i'm not sure what route i should go.
    I think i'm going to try this week going as long as i can without one to see how i do.
    I'm going to be 23 in 4 days, and i hate how i look now, how much weight i lost, i hate everything about this lifestyle, and I hate being dependent on anything.
    Any information, help for which route i should go is appreciated.
    Thanks Alot!

P.S. I brought up suboxen to my doctor aswell, as he prescribes these too and he said he would put me on them if i want, i'm just nervous to get started.
    Figured i would put that out there aswell.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Nuttin, glad you got your thread up. There are many people on this forum whose doc is or was the same as yours. They will come by to encourage and offer you advice. There is major experience here. You know your desire to quit is right and good. Great first step! Now to move forward with a plan to succeed. Be patient and be kind to yourself. Help is on the way. I believe making a sincere effort in stretching out your dose is wise. It will make you stronger for whatever detox path you choose. I'm thinking of you today and will check back later. Marta

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hello, and Happy New Year!
    My addiction began when I was 14, i was stealing vicodin, and percs from my dad, and buying them on the streets, i got hooked on them for a few years.
    I eventually got off of them, and moved to Florida where i began a new life, was clean of everything but i was young and was around stuff i shouldnt have been. When i was 19 i seen my first doctor, and began my "selling" addiction until i got setup and busted a few months later. When i was selling i did start taking them sometimes, for sex, to relax after work, and for the high ofcourse, at this time i wasn't addicted to them yet. I then went to jail, and got out clean but on felony probation for this, I then started seeing my doctor again (stupid move) my intent was not to sell them, but to cope with my back pain. In the beginning i would only take them when i got home from work, then it lead to taking them at work (they gave me ALOT of energy), then more and more at work, now i cant go through my day at work without them. I cant even concentrate without them. I went from getting alot of energy at work to falling asleep at my desk, it's not nodding out though it's different, i just straight fall asleep, it's not just at work though either. I fall asleep everywhere, if im up walking around standing im fine as soon as i sit down i'm out - sleeping. then ill stand up and be fine its so weird, but it's risking my job at work being my boss has almost caught me sleeping at my desk on more than one occasion. I take anywhere from 5-8 a day and sometimes more. It's been 2 years since i started (on these) and i HATE this. I dont get high anymore or anything, i dont feel ANYTHING from them, they just keep me from getting sick (withdrawals).
    I cant take off of work to quit either, so i'm not sure what route i should go.
    I think i'm going to try this week going as long as i can without one to see how i do.
    I'm going to be 23 in 4 days, and i hate how i look now, how much weight i lost, i hate everything about this lifestyle, and I hate being dependent on anything.
    Any information, help for which route i should go is appreciated.
    Thanks Alot!

P.S. I brought up suboxen to my doctor aswell, as he prescribes these too and he said he would put me on them if i want, i'm just nervous to get started.
    Figured i would put that out there aswell.
    Hi!
    I would have gone the sub route, Robert's way ONLY, if i could have got them. It could be the start of a REAL life for you.
    Good luck, contact Robert325 if you are really really ready. If you look on some of his posts you'll see a link that will tell you about it. He did the math, I followed it and he's so dead on. But make sure you're ready, kiddo.
    Vaya con Dios, Marian

Anonymous Guest

Anonymous,
    Here's the link Robert posted me for subs. I swear, I don't know why anyone would even hesitate to do it his way. Take a look at itl It makes so much sense, right down to the half life that tells you when to jump. I know he's really busy, but the start you can do yourself. Look up the COWS work sheet. It didn't take me anytime to get to 26 and it wasn't anything i wasn't alreaady suffering mostly anyway.
    Then start a thread to Robert, and I know he's busy, but if you're serious, he'll be there, I just know this.
    Vaya con Dios, kiddo..and here's the link: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Marian

mamuhit2010 is offline Member

Thanks for your good describing of story. Now you are 23.
    You should know which is right or wrong. Many people are suffering from same problem.
    If doctor prescribe to suboxone then you can start according to tapering plan.
    God blase you.

Anonymous Guest

Young and Addicted,
    Are you around anywhere? Did you decide on subs? Let us know, wondering if you're ok.
    Marian

atifimtiaz is offline Banned

Smile

When i was 19 i seen my first doctor, and began my "selling" addiction until i got setup and busted a few months later. When i was selling i did start taking them sometimes, for sex, to relax after work, and for the high ofcourse, at this time i wasn't addicted to them yet. I then went to jail, and got out clean but on felony probation for this, I then started seeing my doctor again (stupid move) my intent was not to sell them, but to cope with my back pain. In the beginning i would only take them when i got home from work, then it lead to taking them at work (they gave me ALOT of energy), then more and more at work, now i cant go through my day at work without them. I cant even concentrate without them. I went from getting alot of energy at work to falling asleep at my desk, it's not nodding out though it's different, i just straight fall asleep, it's not just at work though either. I fall asleep everywhere, if im up walking around standing im fine as soon as i sit down i'm out - sleeping. then ill stand up and be fine its so weird, but it's risking my job at work being my boss has almost caught me sleeping at my desk on more than one occasion. I take anywhere from 5-8 a day and sometimes more. It's been 2 years since i started (on these) and i HATE this. I dont get high anymore or anything, i dont feel ANYTHING from them, they just keep me from getting sick (withdrawals).