Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56
Like Tree10Likes
Will Suboxone show up on a drug test?
  1. #1
    dm503 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    14

    Default Will Suboxone show up on a drug test?

    I went to my parents house the other day and after I left, my mom found something on the floor in the bathroom, didn't know what it was, threw it in the toilet and flushed it. Now, two days later she's convinced herself it was marijuana, even though she's never smoked pot, has never seen it in person and her only reference point was a picture weed she found on the Internet yesterday. Of course, she probably found a picture that closest resembled the thing she found and continued to convince herself that she found weed. I come by my parents place for father's day and my mom instantly begins freaking out for apparently smoking pot. (By the ways, I haven't smoked put for a very long time, so unless my dad has a big secret, I know for a fact she didn't find pot.) So I'm getting pretty pissed off and told them I was going to take one of those home drug tests to show her that she's wrong. (My mom is crazy and now doesn't want me to take the test and keeps accusing me. She wants to be right and she knows this will prove her wrong. She's the type that sits and watches TV news all day and pops pills, so yeah...).

    ANYWAYS, as to my question: I am on Suboxone and want to know if that will show up as an opiate on my test. Please, if anyone knows the answer or has taken a drug test (ideally a home drug test) while on Suboxone, please let me know and fast!

  2. #2
    cluelessNJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Suboxone is a synthetic opiate it will not show up as an opiate or on a standard drug test. It can be detected in the urine but not for a job it has to be specically tested for. You should be alright!



    Not so clueless,

    CLEAN DATE 1/23/06
    BunnyCats likes this.

  3. #3
    zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Wow, sounds like your mom is the one with the real problem here that needs help. Prove your point, so you vindicate yourself, as I know that is very important to you, but then you need to talk to your dad or someone about the matter and get her help, she really needs it.

    I have a sister like that, she reads the tabloids and thinks it is all gospel, makes for a very interesting conversation with her every time, so now I stick with email communications, much safer that way. LOL!



    My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

  4. #4
    detoxguy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20

    Cool

    Sub will show up in urine tests,it is a partial opiate agonist!

  5. #5
    Hooky13 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detoxguy View Post
    Sub will show up in urine tests,it is a partial opiate agonist!
    I just took a MP Rapid Diagnositics urine test because I've been using Suboxone to help with the withdrawal from Vicodin--haven't taken a Vic in about a week--the urine test showed a positive for (OPI) opiate, and (OXY) Oxycodone. I can't figure out why the OXY--I've not taken a Perc or an Oxycontin in more than 6 months!
    surfrico likes this.

  6. #6
    average86 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up

    according to the www.naabt.com website it will not show up as a regular opiate, unless they are doing a separate test for it, it will not show up, check out the site for more info...
    mscap20yrsclean likes this.

  7. #7
    movado2008 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6

    Default

    suboxone will not show up on any tests unless that test is set up for detection of suboxone. I was tested specifically for suboxone once and it did nt show up at all. Go figure
    mscap20yrsclean likes this.

  8. #8
    johnnyblazer is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default suboxone drug test

    I have talked to and listened to many chemical dependency professionals and doctors regarding the medication, suboxone. All of them have said that Suboxone will NOT show up on a standard drug test as an opiate. They further acknowledged that a special test had to be given in order to detect Suboxone in one's urine.

    However, I have been on Suboxone for approximately 6 months. During that time I have taken 6 drug screens using a urine test. I have tested positive for opiates once, benzos 3 times, and oxycodone once!! I have NOT used ANY of these substances at all during the last 6 months! After review with the counselor and/or medical addiction professional, we concluded that the test was somewhat "cheap" in that the results were not 100% readable or conclusive. So, the benzodiazopine positives were all dismissed. (If you use benzodiazopines while on Suboxone it will cause SEVERE NEGATIVE problems, some which could lead to death!!) The opiate and oxycodone positive results were tested a second time a day later and were proven to be negative. The medical professional concluded that the Suboxone had somehow created a false positive for the opiate result, but contested that I had, in fact, used some sort of oxycodone substance while on Suboxone. Which, as far as I know, is not true and even if it was, the Suboxone blocks its effects.

    To answer your question, you should be just fine. I would not worry about it because you know that you are doing the right thing. When I came up positive I became very defensive, which created a cause for suspicious concern by my psycotherapeutic group counselor. She said, "if you didn't use anything then you have nothing to worry about. We will figure it out tomorrow." Which we did when I tested negative the very next day!

    Clean date: 6/8/2008-172 days clean
    Sobriety date: 1/1/2008-329 days sober

  9. #9
    Katwantshelp is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky13 View Post
    I just took a MP Rapid Diagnositics urine test because I've been using Suboxone to help with the withdrawal from Vicodin--haven't taken a Vic in about a week--the urine test showed a positive for (OPI) opiate, and (OXY) Oxycodone. I can't figure out why the OXY--I've not taken a Perc or an Oxycontin in more than 6 months!
    Vicodin shows up in the urine as a metabolite of Oyx. Same thing happened to me. I have never taken Oxy, just lots of Lortab and Norcos.

    Kat

  10. #10
    zappenfusen is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default suboxone test

    I'm on Suboxone also & know my obnoxious dr. tests for Opiates and Suboxen. He wants to know if I'm taking Opiates, a no no, and that I'm taking the suboxone and not selling it. It's just a different test. The man is an untusting ass. Hope that helps.

  11. #11
    willieboy35 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default NO

    NO-period..................................

  12. #12
    tylerr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default

    You should be good, marijuana is the only drug that last a long time in your system.

    other drugs leave blood within a day to days.
    and weed also stays in your urine for up to a month.
    while others stay in urine for 2-4 days except pcp and benz they last as long as marijuana.

    and all drugs stay in your hair for 90+ days.

    good luck.

    source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_d...in_your_system
    Last edited by tylerr; 07-05-2009 at 08:54 AM.
    Things made easy using the internet.

  13. #13
    suboxhelp is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I can tell you that Suboxone can be tested for and often is. I had to take one because I went through my pain meds a little faster than I should have this past time and I was just tested by my PM doctor and failed. Looks like I am going to be in a tough spot with my pain, but oh well...I feel like i should just learn to deal with it anyway, these meds have messed me all up.
    MommyOfOne31 likes this.

  14. #14
    Becky21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    hey. I just took a $35 home drug test and i take suboxone. No, it will not show up on any home drug test. you need a special test to test for bupenorphine. I thought i would show up dirty for sure but i was totally clean. Suboxone is not exactly an opiate. Its an opioid, and therefore will not be detected. I thought that was pretty cool. I promise unless they get a special test, you'll be fine.

  15. #15
    WoodyMan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Becky21 View Post
    Suboxone is not exactly an opiate. Its an opioid, and therefore will not be detected.
    Where do you come up with this stuff? An opioid IS an opiate. Suboxone is a partial opioid agonist, the word partial is describing agonist, not opioid (lamens terms: it's a partial agonist, not a partial opiate.)

    Why do you not withdrawal from other opiates when you take Suboxone? Because you're still feeding your opiate receptors with (you guessed it) an OPIATE! You're (we're) still addicted to opiates, we still need to take them to avoid withdrawal symptoms, etc.

    Also, like the few posters above, not only can Suboxone be tested for, but sometimes CAN show up as Oxycodone. I've had it happen before. I cannot explain why (maybe beside the fact that it's an opiate), but it can and has come up with "false" positive results. So on broad drug screens that only test for opiates in general, there is a likely chance that it will come indicative.

    Godspeed.
    Last edited by WoodyMan; 06-23-2010 at 04:32 AM.

  16. #16
    GenRx is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyMan View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff? An opioid IS an opiate. Suboxone is a partial opioid agonist, the word partial is describing agonist, not opioid (lamens terms: it's a partial agonist, not a partial opiate.)
    Actually an opioid is any drug that binds to the opioid receptors in your brain and gastro-intestinal tract.

    An opiate is any of the naturally occurring alkaloids found in the opium poppy. Like morphine, codeine, thebaine, and papaverine.

    Opiates are opioids but opioids are not opiates. Being that buprenorphine is fully synthetic it is not an opiate. So technically you are incorrect in stating that it is.

    -----
    To the OP: Suboxone will not show up in a regular five-panel drug test like you'd buy at your local pharmacy. I believe they have to use gas chromatography to find it in your urine. Don't quote me on that last part, but rest assured it will not show on a home drug test.

  17. #17
    scooby doo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up to answer your question

    suboxone will not show up on a drug screen unless it is a drug screen for suboxone Not only do i know this from research but from experience when I first started suboxone treatment my doctor told me this fact the americans with disabilities act (ADA) makes it unethical for a workplace to test for it and methadone considering that drug addiction is a disability
    MommyOfOne31 likes this.

  18. #18
    veritasaequita is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyMan View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff? An opioid IS an opiate. Suboxone is a partial opioid agonist, the word partial is describing agonist, not opioid (lamens terms: it's a partial agonist, not a partial opiate.)

    Why do you not withdrawal from other opiates when you take Suboxone? Because you're still feeding your opiate receptors with (you guessed it) an OPIATE! You're (we're) still addicted to opiates, we still need to take them to avoid withdrawal symptoms, etc.

    Also, like the few posters above, not only can Suboxone be tested for, but sometimes CAN show up as Oxycodone. I've had it happen before. I cannot explain why (maybe beside the fact that it's an opiate), but it can and has come up with "false" positive results. So on broad drug screens that only test for opiates in general, there is a likely chance that it will come indicative.

    Godspeed.
    wow, is my only reply. You are so full of knowledge and have such a guiding like way with your words. If everyone could just contain 3% of what you know the world would be a better more peaceful place. Fight the good fight woody.
    MommyOfOne31 likes this.

  19. #19
    butterbeans is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I was on probation, taking illegal suboxone and thank God was never drug tested. But yes, from what I was told, many people were "violated" and sent back to jail because suboxone showed up in their drug test. Suboxone Dr.s also drug test, and they test to make sure the suboxone's in your system and you're not selling it, whatever. Depending on the panel test, 9 panel for specific drugs, 10 panel for different drugs. Depending on the drug test, it will show up. It's a narcotic, so of course, it will show up. Hope you're ok. I know i was in fear but unable to stoop taking them as I was unsuccessful at tapering on my own.

  20. #20
    spcorbitt is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Suboxone on 5 Panel Drug test

    Just talked to the people at Quest and they said they do not test for Suboxone, just the 5 basic street drugs, Cocaine, THC, PCP,>>>>>>, Amphetamines.

  21. #21
    melysssa is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Convent, LA
    Posts
    1

    Default suboxone

    Okay, i started subs on the 9th of this month, and i have been reading all these posts. It's kind of freaking me out! Some people are saying it's a miracle drug, which i believe.Then, others are saying that it will cause withdrawl symptoms too! So I'm on day 3 now, and I 've been taking about one whole 8mg tablet throughout the day. My doctor put me on 2 8mgs a day and that's a whole lot of sub for me! It helps tremendously though, i must say. Ive been on opiates (a sufficient amount of them) for about 5 years now, and it was taking over my life. Everything is all about where i was gonna find the next pill from...then what am i gonna have for tomorrow? I just got really tired of that quick! also, i am worried that it will show up in my drug test for outpatient treatment. They told me that i couldn't come there if i took that because its a drug replacing another drug! So i am just worrying about this whole situation. How long will it take before i don't need anything at all? Because i know there's a light at the end of the tunnel! any INFO will help! THANKS

    MELISSA

  22. #22
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melessa View Post
    Okay, i started subs on the 9th of this month, and i have been reading all these posts. It's kind of freaking me out! Some people are saying it's a miracle drug, which i believe.Then, others are saying that it will cause withdrawl symptoms too! So I'm on day 3 now, and I 've been taking about one whole 8mg tablet throughout the day. My doctor put me on 2 8mgs a day and that's a whole lot of sub for me! It helps tremendously though, i must say. Ive been on opiates (a sufficient amount of them) for about 5 years now, and it was taking over my life. Everything is all about where i was gonna find the next pill from...then what am i gonna have for tomorrow? I just got really tired of that quick! also, i am worried that it will show up in my drug test for outpatient treatment. They told me that i couldn't come there if i took that because its a drug replacing another drug! So i am just worrying about this whole situation. How long will it take before i don't need anything at all? Because i know there's a light at the end of the tunnel! any INFO will help! THANKS

    MELISSA
    Hi Melissa
    Subs are a good tool to help you get off opiates, but yes then give you w/d also that is why we have people taper off of them.
    do you know if they are going to do a 5 panel test or a 10 panel test if they are looking for subs yes it will show up...
    If it was me I would take my subs twice a day once in the morning and once in the afternoon.. not little pieces thru out the day...and then taper off of them 25%every four days or so ...subs are very addicting let us know if we can help...
    talk soon, Melinda

  23. #23
    ItisI is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky13 View Post
    I just took a MP Rapid Diagnositics urine test because I've been using Suboxone to help with the withdrawal from Vicodin--haven't taken a Vic in about a week--the urine test showed a positive for (OPI) opiate, and (OXY) Oxycodone. I can't figure out why the OXY--I've not taken a Perc or an Oxycontin in more than 6 months!
    dont really have an answer for the fact that OXY showed up except for the fact that I know some drugs mimic others.My ulcer medicine came with a warning that it will show up as marijuana on drug tests.

  24. #24
    ItisI is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    about the OXY showing up..I know some drugs mimic others because my ulcer medicine came with a warning that it will show up as marijuana

  25. #25
    DADNEEDSHELP is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hello, new guy here looking for some help.
    Long story, but in a nutshell I believe that my ex gave a Suboxone to my 8 year old daughter, then had her pee in a cup so she could sneak it into rehab the next day and pass her drug screen. The test at rehab needs to show Suboxone and nothing else.
    We took her to the childrens express hospital as soon as I became aware and she told me what had happened. She said mommy put a "vitamin" under her tongue, then an hour later had her pee into a cup with a blue lid. She then fell asleep and slept until about 11 the next morning.
    The ER docs said she showed all the symptoms and side effects of the drug, but being a childrens hospital had no idea how to test for Suboxone. The first ran a standard drug test and it came back negative. i then found some great information on this web site and told them it was a very specific test that had to be run. They did not have the proper test, so they sent it to their lab. I called them today and they do not expect test results until next week maybe Tuesday.
    My main question is this. She was tested about 20 hours after taking the pill. What are the chances that it might have been too late to show? We took her to her mothers drug rehab the next day and they did the instant test there, but then it had been about 36 hours and it came back negative. The urine that was sent away for testing was only about 20 hours, maybe 21. Should that be positive when it comes back? Would it also depend on the dose size, if she only gave her part of the pill?
    thanks!

    (yes it has been reported to child services, their lack of action has been shocking to me)
    Last edited by DADNEEDSHELP; 01-21-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  26. #26
    SeekinSober is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Woe Dan that's a horrible deal.

    But Suboxone has a looooooong half-lfe, and that means that will show up 20 hours after a dose on a correct drug screen.

    It does indeed sound like you know what happened. Addcts in active addction are very sick people. I was one myself.

    Anyway I think Suboxone will show up if the correct test was used.

    Please keep us informed.

    God Bless!!

  27. #27
    hd458 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Wow. I am a children's therapist and I am FLOORED at what your ex did to her own child. Please, if you can -- update us! The fact that children's services barely responded (at the time) makes me so angry! Hopefully for your child's sake, you are obtaining full custody? I am continually astounded at what people will do to children -- even their own -- in order to satisfy their own selfish needs.

    I am not just saying this b/c of my profession, but have you considered taking your daughter in to talk to a therapist? I'm just thinking that if your ex could so easily just give your young child a controlled substance to take (without having any care/forethought as what it might do to her), what else has this little girl gone through or seen?

    I truly wish you and your daughter the best in whatever happens. And I also hope your ex gets the serious help that she needs!!!
    Last edited by hd458; 03-15-2011 at 04:38 PM.

  28. #28
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Yes, please update us. I hope that you have full custody after that. As addicts we are all capable of doing some downright bad things, but that is one of the sickest stories I have ever heard. I hope she is doing o.k
    Intruder likes this.

  29. #29
    jryan23 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default for your information

    For everybody thinks that suboxone will show up on a drug test is an idiot.It has to be specially tested for.If It didn't then you get high while being on suboxone because if you are on the program you get tested weekly.There is a regular drug test for everything,and there is a suboxone test.Dont let anybody tell you different.
    Intruder likes this.

  30. #30
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jryan23 View Post
    For everybody thinks that suboxone will show up on a drug test is an idiot.It has to be specially tested for.If It didn't then you get high while being on suboxone because if you are on the program you get tested weekly.There is a regular drug test for everything,and there is a suboxone test.Dont let anybody tell you different.




    While the old five panel tests of year's past don't show up positive for buprenorphine, more and more people are abusing buprenorphine these days. Five panel tests are seldom used anymore.

    More company employment tests today are ten panel tests, most all pain drs use a ten panel test due to DEA regulations, court ordered drug tests are ten panels due to DEA regulations and buprenorphine will show up positive on ten panel tests consistently Why would anyone risk their future over a drug test?

    Plus the half life of buprenorphine runs from 36-72 hours so if the testing agency uses a ten panel test it will definitely show up positive on that test which more and more people are using now for some time after using subsl Your only prayer is that it's been a LONG time since using as most people use the ten panel test which will detect and identify buprenorphine. If your tester is not checking currently for buprenorphine expect that to change very soon.

    It's a very accurate test and I would not push my luck assuming the tester won't be using a ten panel test as most people use these today. If you're facing a drug test it would be prudent to NOT use buprenorhine without a legal prescripion. Even then companies don't have to hire you if you show positive. Not doing any judging here, it's just fact and the way it has become a standard in the drug testing industry Don't risk it. God bless. .
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22