Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
Will Suboxone show up on a drug test?
    mr_c7 is offline New Member

Default will suboxone show up on a drug test?

i just took two drug test this morning. i am taking suboxone daily 8mg. the first drug test was for family services. it was a very detailed test. and right away it showed up as oxycodone. i am waiting to hear back about my other test wich was done at the hospital and was for a job with DIY. they are the new hardware stores and also have the show on cable network. i will let everyone know as soon as i get those results back. i'm not surprised bye the first text and it has me worried about the second cause it was taken at the hospital. so as far i can tell you suboxone will come up as oxycotine (sp.?) if they are testing for it.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mr_c7 View Post
    i just took two drug test this morning. i am taking suboxone daily 8mg. the first drug test was for family services. it was a very detailed test. and right away it showed up as oxycodone. i am waiting to hear back about my other test wich was done at the hospital and was for a job with DIY. they are the new hardware stores and also have the show on cable network. i will let everyone know as soon as i get those results back. i'm not surprised bye the first text and it has me worried about the second cause it was taken at the hospital. so as far i can tell you suboxone will come up as oxycotine (sp.?) if they are testing for it.

If you really had no oxy in your system that was a false positive. Those initial test results are sent to a lab for more testing where a more detailed test is done. It isn't that uncommon for a false result to show initially, when more testing is done the true and accurate results come to light. Don't worry about it if your innocent. But subs DON'T normally show up as oxy. That is not true that sub shows as oxy. I promise you that I'm right. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessNJ View Post
    Suboxone is a synthetic opiate it will not show up as an opiate or on a standard drug test. It can be detected in the urine but not for a job it has to be specically tested for. You should be alright!

Not so clueless,

CLEAN DATE 1/23/06

Synthetic or not, a opioid is a opiod, Being in the pharmacy industry i know this would show up. I'm not sure if just a standard test would show it, but any other test should.

Marinol, and Dronabinol is a synthetic THC medication.
    It still shows up.

It just depends on what the test, actually tests for

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post
    Synthetic or not, a opioid is a opiod, Being in the pharmacy industry i know this would show up. I'm not sure if just a standard test would show it, but any other test should.

It still shows up.

You are correct. Buprenorphine is tested for specifically on a ten panel test. Subs are being abused more than ever and most big companies test for them. All pain drs check for them. That is a fact that it will show up as a positive for buprenorphine when tested unless a little five panel test is used. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

peyton1978 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melysssa View Post
    Okay, i started subs on the 9th of this month, and i have been reading all these posts. It's kind of freaking me out! Some people are saying it's a miracle drug, which i believe.Then, others are saying that it will cause withdrawl symptoms too! So I'm on day 3 now, and I 've been taking about one whole 8mg tablet throughout the day. My doctor put me on 2 8mgs a day and that's a whole lot of sub for me! It helps tremendously though, i must say. Ive been on opiates (a sufficient amount of them) for about 5 years now, and it was taking over my life. Everything is all about where i was gonna find the next pill from...then what am i gonna have for tomorrow? I just got really tired of that quick! also, i am worried that it will show up in my drug test for outpatient treatment. They told me that i couldn't come there if i took that because its a drug replacing another drug! So i am just worrying about this whole situation. How long will it take before i don't need anything at all? Because i know there's a light at the end of the tunnel! any INFO will help! THANKS

MELISSA

I have been on suboxone for the last two years and I don't think that it is some horrible thing. My life was reduced to nothing but couting pills before. Worrying about pills. Worrying about how I was going to get the money to get pills and when and how bad my withdrawals were going to be. The suboxone has been successful for at least five people that I know. Not one of them had a problem coming off of it. Like now, I forget to take it some days completely. I took so many pills....I had the biggest tolerance ever. I was taking 500mg of oxy's a day, 15 lortabs, a few 30 mg morphine, and whatever else I could get my hands on. I started out on 3 suboxone a day. When I quit cold turkey and had even 6 months sober I didn't have one single day that I was happy or felt well. I am going off of them because they do tend to put weight on you, and with the fact that I forget to take them half of them time let's me know that they have done their job. They bind with the NEW receptors that opiates make in your brain. The only other chemical that does that is nicotine. The opiate binds with the new receptors more tightly than the opiates did and eventaully killing them off. My aunt took two 8mg suboxone a day and a year later just decided she was done and put them down. I have had no problems going from three a day to one now or sometimes none at all. From all the research I have done and what my doctor has said, if you quit suboxone even cold turkey, and you were taking it to come off of pain pills, you won't have a withdrawal. In like 1% of the people they have a withdrawal and it is 10% or less than you would have had in coming off of opiates, and it shouldn't have any withdrawal at all as long as you are taking it in order to come off of painkillers.

peyton1978 is offline New Member

It does help. It has been amazing for me and a whole group of my friends most of which started taking it before me so they have gone off of it now. Not one of them had a problem. It has worked wonders for me. It is a tool that helps you to get some clean time in without feeling so miserable you want to die. It takes the withdrawals completely away. I don't think you should be scared. Just do what your doctor says and you will be fine.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peyton1978 View Post
    I have been on suboxone for the last two years and I don't think that it is some horrible thing. My life was reduced to nothing but couting pills before. Worrying about pills. Worrying about how I was going to get the money to get pills and when and how bad my withdrawals were going to be. The suboxone has been successful for at least five people that I know. Not one of them had a problem coming off of it. Like now, I forget to take it some days completely. I took so many pills....I had the biggest tolerance ever. I was taking 500mg of oxy's a day, 15 lortabs, a few 30 mg morphine, and whatever else I could get my hands on. I started out on 3 suboxone a day. When I quit cold turkey and had even 6 months sober I didn't have one single day that I was happy or felt well. I am going off of them because they do tend to put weight on you, and with the fact that I forget to take them half of them time let's me know that they have done their job. They bind with the NEW receptors that opiates make in your brain. The only other chemical that does that is nicotine. The opiate binds with the new receptors more tightly than the opiates did and eventaully killing them off. My aunt took two 8mg suboxone a day and a year later just decided she was done and put them down. I have had no problems going from three a day to one now or sometimes none at all. From all the research I have done and what my doctor has said, if you quit suboxone even cold turkey, and you were taking it to come off of pain pills, you won't have a withdrawal. In like 1% of the people they have a withdrawal and it is 10% or less than you would have had in coming off of opiates, and it shouldn't have any withdrawal at all as long as you are taking it in order to come off of painkillers.
    wrong wrong wrong. if you stop at that dose, sure you wont feel it on day one, coz of the long half life of subs. bet you have never gone more than 2 days without it... you will feel withdrawls unless you taper your dose down slowly. you have no business advising people its ok, coz it isnt... and saying it shouldn't have any withdrawl at all as long as you are taking it in order to come off off painkillers, is completely false.

it is still a very powerful opiate, and if you stop at that high a dose, by day 4 you will be crawling the walls. just give it a go and then come back and post how great it is.

i used subs correctly to get off methadone, another long lasting opiate.

you do not know what you are talking about and shouldn't be posting what you know nothing about...

subs are a tool used to get off opiates, but you still run the risk of being heavily addicted if you stay on a high dose for a long time

i dare you. give up for 4 days and come back and tell us how harmless and easy it it... why do you think there are so many people here trying to taper off this drug.

good luck when you do decide to come off. i advise you read around here and dont do it your way. you are gonna suffer...
    sdonna68 likes this.

chelsey00 is offline New Member

I have a question about this as well. My boyfriend has been battling his addiction to >>>>>> and opiates for almost 7 years, I started dating him about a year 1/2 ago and he was clean. He got back into it around 4 months after we met (I didn't know it was a big problem) Until about 5 or 6 months ago he started working at an auto mechanic shop and I recently found out he and a coworker were smoking >>>>>> everyday at work. His family and friends did an intervention, he went to detox for 2 days and used right when he got out. I broke up with him and after a couple days took him back because I wanted to give him one more chance after giving him a chance to see that I am serious about it. He has been clean for four weeks but yesterday I came home from being out of town for the night and he wasnt at home, came home and looked high. He said he took two of his suboxones (which he is prescribed by his doctor) and he usually only takes 1/2 pill a day, so he said it got him messed up and thats why he looked high. I drug tested him today and it came up positive for opiates and THC (which I know he smokes pot) he says its wrong and he wants to do a hair follicle test to prove to me he didnt use.

My question is, with home drug tests (the one I had tested for meth, amp, cocain, opiates and THC) would suboxones by ANY chance make the test show positive for opiates? Or is he lying straight to my face saying he didn't use? I am thinking the latter, but I don't want to break up with him with any doubt that he used. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by chelsey00 View Post
    I have a question about this as well. My boyfriend has been battling his addiction to >>>>>> and opiates for almost 7 years, I started dating him about a year 1/2 ago and he was clean. He got back into it around 4 months after we met (I didn't know it was a big problem) Until about 5 or 6 months ago he started working at an auto mechanic shop and I recently found out he and a coworker were smoking >>>>>> everyday at work. His family and friends did an intervention, he went to detox for 2 days and used right when he got out. I broke up with him and after a couple days took him back because I wanted to give him one more chance after giving him a chance to see that I am serious about it. He has been clean for four weeks but yesterday I came home from being out of town for the night and he wasnt at home, came home and looked high. He said he took two of his suboxones (which he is prescribed by his doctor) and he usually only takes 1/2 pill a day, so he said it got him messed up and thats why he looked high. I drug tested him today and it came up positive for opiates and THC (which I know he smokes pot) he says its wrong and he wants to do a hair follicle test to prove to me he didnt use.

My question is, with home drug tests (the one I had tested for meth, amp, cocain, opiates and THC) would suboxones by ANY chance make the test show positive for opiates? Or is he lying straight to my face saying he didn't use? I am thinking the latter, but I don't want to break up with him with any doubt that he used. HELP!

Buprenorphine, the active opiate in subs, won't show up on a simple five panel test like you mentioned. You'll need a ten panel test which includes a test for buprenorphine. They are a little more expensive but very accurate. Most companies and court departments use the more accurate ten panel test now as those little five panels don't show lots of things. They are cheap and you get cheap results. The five panels are also easy to beat with kits you can buy at lots of head shops and even online. Hope that helps. God bless.

mirstarlyte is offline New Member

Default no...

Quote Originally Posted by dm503 View Post
    I went to my parents house the other day and after I left, my mom found something on the floor in the bathroom, didn't know what it was, threw it in the toilet and flushed it. Now, two days later she's convinced herself it was marijuana, even though she's never smoked pot, has never seen it in person and her only reference point was a picture weed she found on the Internet yesterday. Of course, she probably found a picture that closest resembled the thing she found and continued to convince herself that she found weed. I come by my parents place for father's day and my mom instantly begins freaking out for apparently smoking pot. (By the ways, I haven't smoked put for a very long time, so unless my dad has a big secret, I know for a fact she didn't find pot.) So I'm getting pretty pissed off and told them I was going to take one of those home drug tests to show her that she's wrong. (My mom is crazy and now doesn't want me to take the test and keeps accusing me. She wants to be right and she knows this will prove her wrong. She's the type that sits and watches TV news all day and pops pills, so yeah...).

ANYWAYS, as to my question: I am on Suboxone and want to know if that will show up as an opiate on my test. Please, if anyone knows the answer or has taken a drug test (ideally a home drug test) while on Suboxone, please let me know and fast!
    I have been taking uas for my probation for years. I was abusing suboxone for a long long time, and passing my uas. The only way I got caught was a special test made just for Subs. So my answer is no. But I am not a Dr. Goodluck.

libertair is offline New Member

Cool Suboxone probably will NOT show up on urinalysis

I have not seen an at home or quick test for buprenophine, and because it's quite different chemically, it is unlikely to cause a positive result when testing for opiates.
    The naloxone in Suboxone is chemically similar to an opiate (it binds strongly to opioid receptors) and is just as likely to cause a false positive. For that matter, if someone is tested after eating poppy seeds a false positive may occur.

Buprenorphine is a very good drug for lessening withdrawal effects when a person stops taking an opiate that is a full opiod agonist, but one must taper from it if desiring to become totally drug free. Otherwise, you'll have very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
    It's a partial agonist, and, as a result, causes much less euphoria and craving than a full agonist, which is what almost all other opiates are. Because it is active at mu receptors, it can be used for treatment of pain. There is also a 'ceiling effect', meaning a large dose can be given without causing respiratory depression or feeling high. Combining it with naloxone makes it even more unlikely that an overdose could be achieved.

I'm hoping that routine tests will never include Suboxone in them. The vast majority of those taking it are trying to rid themselves of a destructive addiction, and ought to be left alone. Also, if an opiate addict takes it, they likely will suffer a fast onset severe withdrawal, especially if they've taken methadone within the last 36-48 hours.

plata is offline New Member

Default 6 panel drug test 4 Suboxone

Hi,I have been on 2-3, 8 mg Suboxone for just over 2 yrs.
    I bought a few 6 panel drug dip tests from Uritox Medical.(BTW, is a highly qualified Drug testing company that places of employment use)I was`worried & wanted to see if my urine would test positive,since I am going for a job that will test if I get hired.It was NEGATIVE!!
    So,being in the pharmacy business Mr.Johnson,I hate to tell you this,,but you are wrong!It does NOT come up positive.

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post

It still shows up.

wowwwww is offline New Member

Default wowwwww

After reading the original post and a lot of other posts I just need to say a lot of you people are drug addicts in denial and need serious help! Get there before its to late

Erinkr83 is offline New Member

Default suboxone amount in urine

Can my doctor tell how much suboxone Im taking? If someone is prescribed 2 or three strips a day, can a urine test show that the person is only taking 1 suboxone?

Quote Originally Posted by Erinkr83 View Post
    Can my doctor tell how much suboxone Im taking? If someone is prescribed 2 or three strips a day, can a urine test show that the person is only taking 1 suboxone?

Yes, if a toxicity test is done.

Yakuzaishi is offline New Member

Nope. The term "opioid" has a different meaning, albeit subtle, from "opiate". I'm sorry, but unless you are a physician, pharmacist, neuro-pharmacologist, or something similar, please dont respond. You are simply not qualified. And "personal experience" doesnt make you an expert. I'm too tired to lecture, I just hate it when I read post after post of "experts" spouting incorrect (or partially correct) information. Here's my advice (and yes. I'm professionally qualified to give it). Start with some basic organic chemistry. Understand what it is both chemically and structurally in the molecule that makes it do what it does. How and why is buprenorphine different from morphine or related molecules (like diacetyl morphine, better known as >>>>>>). What is a mixed agonist-antagonist? You get the idea. Goodnight.

michaelatmazda is offline New Member

Great question, just last week I wondered the same question when I got a new job as a salesman and had to do a drug test. I have taken suboxone for many years and was and still are worriee it will pop up on the results from the test. Most employers do what is called a five panel drug screen. Suboxone will not show up unless they are specifically looking for it. You should have no problems.

Michael

BrianHoffman88 is offline New Member

You do understand both the agonist-antagonist is in the bupe. itself. For example Subutex does not contain naloxone aka (NARCAN) but its still a agonist-antagonist blocking opiate receptors while release a small amount of your pleasure center receptor. Naloxone kills opiates. Suboxone is some man made ????ed up synthetic ipiod chemical that is not the same as regular opiates. its synthetic, drug test test for street opiates and and pure opiate like oxy. Subs have to be specifically tested with like a blood test. Cause im on probation and the kid i got on probation with takes it everyday and pees opi-ATE free everytime. opiate diff than synthetic opioid,

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzaishi View Post
    Nope. The term "opioid" has a different meaning, albeit subtle, from "opiate". I'm sorry, but unless you are a physician, pharmacist, neuro-pharmacologist, or something similar, please dont respond. You are simply not qualified. And "personal experience" doesnt make you an expert. I'm too tired to lecture, I just hate it when I read post after post of "experts" spouting incorrect (or partially correct) information. Here's my advice (and yes. I'm professionally qualified to give it). Start with some basic organic chemistry. Understand what it is both chemically and structurally in the molecule that makes it do what it does. How and why is buprenorphine different from morphine or related molecules (like diacetyl morphine, better known as >>>>>>). What is a mixed agonist-antagonist? You get the idea. Goodnight.

BrianHoffman88 is offline New Member

Also its impossible to overdose on suboxone cause the more suboxone you take the more NARCAN you take, theirs no point in taking more then 1 at once. It also doesn't effect your breathing receptors like most opiates.

liukang is offline New Member

Wink Serious help.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-23-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Realaddict is offline New Member

[QUOTE=tylerr;243851]You should be good, marijuana is the only drug that last a long time in your system.

other drugs leave blood within a day to days.
    and weed also stays in your urine for up to a month.
    while others stay in urine for 2-4 days except pcp and benz they last as long as marijuana.

and all drugs stay in your hair for 90+ days.

good luck.

Hey mAn you forgot about benzodiazepine one time use is 7-10 days prolonged use can be up to months in your system and that is just depending on the type!! You can't mislead people that way brotha
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-22-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Usernameistaken is offline New Member

Took a test for a job a week ago and did not test positive for opi. I've have never had a drug test come up positive for opi when on subutex. I've been tested by the court and for pre employment ( it was a lab test not a cheap home drug test) so you should be good.

jaeare711 is offline New Member

Default Inability?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
    suboxone will not show up on a drug screen unless it is a drug screen for suboxone Not only do i know this from research but from experience when I first started suboxone treatment my doctor told me this fact the americans with disabilities act (ADA) makes it unethical for a workplace to test for it and methadone considering that drug addiction is a disability
    Interesting that box and methadone are protected but the others aren't, "considering that drug addiction is a disability."

mscap20yrsclean is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by veritasaequita View Post
    wow, is my only reply. You are so full of knowledge and have such a guiding like way with your words. If everyone could just contain 3% of what you know the world would be a better more peaceful place. Fight the good fight woody.
    Please!!!!! Woody...........any addiction specialist would know that information, all those test can be faulty, and any substance can stay in ur hair follicle can show up to 6 months after use...

mscap20yrsclean is offline New Member

Thumbs up to all advise givers

mscap20yrsclean
    Why do people with no education give advise on the subject of addiction or any thing regarding mental health or drugs.The only thing they can comment is their own personal experience, even a MD can not give advise on addiction , beside the human body, They are only required to take a few hrs. of addiction education for their CEU's quota's.

EMSFF508 is offline New Member

Default Oh boy.....

Quote Originally Posted by mscap20yrsclean View Post
    mscap20yrsclean
    Why do people with no education give advise on the subject of addiction or any thing regarding mental health or drugs.The only thing they can comment is their own personal experience, even a MD can not give advise on addiction , beside the human body, They are only required to take a few hrs. of addiction education for their CEU's quota's.
    I have read this entire forum, doing my own research due to the nature of us now mandating the drug Narcan to be carried at all times on our rigs in MA now, and I do agree that a lot of people on here seem to play the "preacher" role. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have plenty of friends that are addicts and have witnessed it's icy grip take lives, in more ways than just death, so I know all the rhetoric about "preaching then sneakin' " and the "know it alls". Forums are a terrible place to get actual scientific research, and my own research is showing that everyone's individual experience is different when it come to anything opi-oid/ate related. I agree with your general point of view on this topic. One problem, the word is adviCe. In your short rant, you made yourself look no better than the story tellers you were bashing in the rant. Be mindful of that when you decide to openly scold and bash people that already have a tough time telling the truth because lying is all they know, & to them, a lot of the time, it is the truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12