What non opiod painkillers are available?
    Stangfriik is offline Junior Member

Default What non opiod painkillers are available?

I've cracked a tooth which requires a root canal and of course my insurance won't take effect until November and I'm going crazy. This started 3 weeks ago and I gave in and had to eat a 30mg roxi which I suffered no ill effects from. We then decided to take a couple more a few days later and that made me go into withdrawals for the last couple weeks. Nothing major by any means just stuff like rapid heart beat and high BP.

But as of now, I have barely slept in the passed 2 days and I'm missing the gym which is what's pissing me off the most. The gym is like my NA coach to some of you. I NEED to go to the gym and I can't.

So I'm looking for any options to kill this pain so I can sleep without going down that evil path again

hadenough2009 is offline Junior Member

Can you go to the gym, but just sit in the sauna and/or ride the bike or elliptical? Maybe just being in that environment will help you. I'm not sure of any non-opioid pain killers other than the obvious Motrin, Tylenol, etc. Are you buying the roxis? Instead of spending your money on those, go to the ER and tell them your situation. You'll end up spending less money than if you get hooked on the pills again. You don't have to have insurance to go to the ER. Maybe they'll give you some oral lidocaine or something. Just tell them you don't want to become dependent on opioids again and you need something non-habit forming. Good luck!

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stangfriik View Post
    I've cracked a tooth which requires a root canal and of course my insurance won't take effect until November and I'm going crazy. This started 3 weeks ago and I gave in and had to eat a 30mg roxi which I suffered no ill effects from. We then decided to take a couple more a few days later and that made me go into withdrawals for the last couple weeks. Nothing major by any means just stuff like rapid heart beat and high BP.

But as of now, I have barely slept in the passed 2 days and I'm missing the gym which is what's pissing me off the most. The gym is like my NA coach to some of you. I NEED to go to the gym and I can't.

So I'm looking for any options to kill this pain so I can sleep without going down that evil path again

Your insurance takes effect in November? You can't wait that long to deal with a cracked tooth. You'll get an infection and feel 100 times worse than you feel now. You have to find a way to get the tooth dealt with. I think hadenough is right: start at the ER and see what they say. Good luck!

klopper22 is offline Member

Search on Google. That will bring all the info you need and more.

RedheadinAz is offline New Member

Default Non-opiate pain killers

Find a Dr that can prescribe suboxone! It is an opitate-antagonistic. In other words.....kills the pain without the opiate HIGH. The dr needs a "special" license to give this to you for pain. This is not widely know. I believe it was started in Sweden. but, now used in the US for controlling pain. What state are you in? IT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RED

want2getstr8 is offline New Member

Default non-narcotic suggestion

I have had kidney stones four times and the last time the doctor at the ER gave me a medicine called toradol or torodol or toradal. Who knows. I just know it killed the pain with no high at all. My pcp told me that next time if I could tough it out till office hours she could give me a shot at the office. With regard to kidney stones, I usually feel into the pattern of staying high of meds and the IV from the ER for two or three days and then drinking a ton of water and taking Advil. Advil really worked better for the pain than the pain meds and allowed me to drink more water.