Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Unexpected Suboxone Withdrawal
    JS505 is offline New Member

Unhappy Unexpected Suboxone Withdrawal

Hi Everyone,

I have been taking 16Mg. of Suboxone for about 2 1/2 years.

(>>>>>> / Oxycontin in varying amounts before that. I actually kicked for 2 years white knuckling it, but relapsed at the end of 2008 and was put on Suboxone in Feb. of 2009).

I went to refill my prescription 2 nights ago and the Pharmacy told me my doctor's license has been suspended and all of his prescriptions are not valid. Sure enough, it's all true.

This was Wednesday night and I I had 12 Mg. of Suboxone left and nowhere to turn. I went to the one and only clinic I know of yesterday but they told me to show up at 3PM to get a voucher and when I showed up, they had already given the 5 for the day to people that showed up at 1PM. I told them I would've showed up at 1PM if they were giving them out then and all they could say was, "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do".

Thursday morning - 4 Mg.
    Friday (today) morning - 4 Mg.

I have 4 Mg. left and am not looking forward to the weekend. To make matters worse, my birthday is tomorrow and my girlfriend has a big party planned for me. She also does not know I take Suboxone.

I am going to try and bite the bullet and just stay off of the Sub and hope that I make it to the other side. I have already been hinting at my girl that I think I am coming down with the flu so hopefully that works out.

Anyways, I had to get this out because I have absolutely no one that I can talk to about this situation. I didn't know where to turn and after Googling "Suboxone Withdrawals", I found this site.

I started having a panic attack in my car after the clinic refused to give me a voucher, but they give em out again on Tuesday of next week.

They told me that withdrawing from Suboxone is nothing like coming off of the junk and I might only have a few days where I feel irritable. I wonder if they even know what it's like.

If things are too much to bear after this weekend I might return to the clinic next Tuesday where I know they will give me a prescription. I'm so sick of this though. I just want to get off so I don't have to lie about my life. Maybe if it's as bad as it has been for some of the folks who have posted here, I will get a script and start trying to taper or something.

Let me know if anyone cares to know what happens by next Tuesday.
    GiGiLee58 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JS505 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been taking 16Mg. of Suboxone for about 2 1/2 years.

(>>>>>> / Oxycontin in varying amounts before that. I actually kicked for 2 years white knuckling it, but relapsed at the end of 2008 and was put on Suboxone in Feb. of 2009).

I went to refill my prescription 2 nights ago and the Pharmacy told me my doctor's license has been suspended and all of his prescriptions are not valid. Sure enough, it's all true.

This was Wednesday night and I I had 12 Mg. of Suboxone left and nowhere to turn. I went to the one and only clinic I know of yesterday but they told me to show up at 3PM to get a voucher and when I showed up, they had already given the 5 for the day to people that showed up at 1PM. I told them I would've showed up at 1PM if they were giving them out then and all they could say was, "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do".

Thursday morning - 4 Mg.
    Friday (today) morning - 4 Mg.

I have 4 Mg. left and am not looking forward to the weekend. To make matters worse, my birthday is tomorrow and my girlfriend has a big party planned for me. She also does not know I take Suboxone.

I am going to try and bite the bullet and just stay off of the Sub and hope that I make it to the other side. I have already been hinting at my girl that I think I am coming down with the flu so hopefully that works out.

Anyways, I had to get this out because I have absolutely no one that I can talk to about this situation. I didn't know where to turn and after Googling "Suboxone Withdrawals", I found this site.

I started having a panic attack in my car after the clinic refused to give me a voucher, but they give em out again on Tuesday of next week.

They told me that withdrawing from Suboxone is nothing like coming off of the junk and I might only have a few days where I feel irritable. I wonder if they even know what it's like.

If things are too much to bear after this weekend I might return to the clinic next Tuesday where I know they will give me a prescription. I'm so sick of this though. I just want to get off so I don't have to lie about my life. Maybe if it's as bad as it has been for some of the folks who have posted here, I will get a script and start trying to taper or something.

Let me know if anyone cares to know what happens by next Tuesday.

I personally think all drs who prescribe 16mg of suboxone for 2 1/2 years to a patient SHOULD lose their license. That is totally ignorant of the dr as NO ONE needs that much. Now you have yourself in a real freakin mess my friend!

I can help you taper down, I've been doing it for years. I induct people on >>>>>> at less than 6mg all the time. You are taking probably at least three times what you need and if you stop cold from 16mg you are going to be one sick puppydog! That is putting lightly.

You best get some subs ASAP. If you want my help then tapering down let me know. If you don't taper down and try to jump cold you will be lucky if you don't end up in the hospital. Maybe in a psych ward. I am not exaggerating! Let me know. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-27-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the offer. I accept. I'll be honest though - with the holiday weekend, I am left cold until at the earliest, Wednesday morning.

I can get a voucher from this clinic I can go to Tuesday, but then I bring it back Wed. morning and they will give me 2 weeks worth.

Should I just circle back with you after the weekend?

I'm not looking forward to it, but I've been through the hell before...many many times. I hate it.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the offer. I accept. I'll be honest though - with the holiday weekend, I am left cold until at the earliest, Wednesday morning.

I can get a voucher from this clinic I can go to Tuesday, but then I bring it back Wed. morning and they will give me 2 weeks worth.

Should I just circle back with you after the weekend?

I'm not looking forward to it, but I've been through the hell before...many many times. I hate it.

Subs have up to a 72 hour half life so it shouldn't be terribly bad for a couple days. Get them as soon as you can and get back with me. Let me know if it gets really bad. Talk soon. God bless.
    GiGiLee58 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks, Robert.

I forgot about the life cycle of subbys. I'm gonna try and wait as long as I can for that last 4Mg.

I also appreciate your willingness to help give me advice on tapering. I want to get off so bad and feel like I am ready.

I'll check back after the weekend and after I have got some subs. Thanks again man! I don't feel so anxious about going into this without a plan or any support.

Take care and have a great weekend.
    shybaybe2003 likes this.

DrizzyDrake is offline Member

Ribert325 is a suboxone taper genius, you should feel money for 3 days.

It hit me like a ton of bricks this afternoon. The old familiar feeling that I hoped I would never feel again.

I'm taking my last 4 Mg. first thing in the morning and then I am going to the clinic Tuesday to get a voucher so I can get some Wed. morning.

I had to "suffer" through my family throwing me a birthday dinner tonight. This sux so bad.

It hit me like a ton of bricks this afternoon. The old familiar feeling that I hoped I would never feel again.

I'm taking my last 4 Mg. first thing in the morning and then I am going to the clinic Tuesday to get a voucher so I can get some Wed. morning.

I had to "suffer" through my family throwing me a birthday dinner tonight. This sux so bad.

It was pretty much inevitable with the dose you had been taking and for the amount of time you were doing it. Get your new prescription and just PLEASE don't take ANYTHING until we can do the induction together. If you jump out there and gobble up a bunch of subs before I induct you then I won't be able to help you. If you do as I'm asking I'll get you off this mess once and for all the right way. I pray that you'll do what I'm asking and let me guide you through this. I know how to do it if you'll do as I say! God bless.
    Kat53graves likes this.

Still here. Still clean.

Robert - Deal.

I'm at work right now even though I can barely concentrate.

I'm going to get a voucher later this morning and I'll probably be there most of the day because of the way their program is set up.

By tomorrow morning at around 10 A.M. I will have a 2 week script.

When I go in there, they will probably go to put me back on 16Mg./Day since that was what I was taking in the past.

What do you recommend? Do I jump back up on 16Mg.? Do I get at least that much and then we can figure out the dose with the induction?

Still here. Still clean.

Robert - Deal.

I'm at work right now even though I can barely concentrate.

I'm going to get a voucher later this morning and I'll probably be there most of the day because of the way their program is set up.

By tomorrow morning at around 10 A.M. I will have a 2 week script.

When I go in there, they will probably go to put me back on 16Mg./Day since that was what I was taking in the past.

What do you recommend? Do I jump back up on 16Mg.? Do I get at least that much and then we can figure out the dose with the induction?

Get all the meds they'll give you so you don't have to keep going back. Then I can induct you right here. I have a dr appt in the morning and will be home by noon, it can't be helped. I'm in TX ..... CST. What time zone are you in so we can coordinate this?

The induction is the most important part of this whole process. If you'll wait for me I'll have you inducted on no more than 6mg I guarantee, probably less. I know how to do this. I pray that you don't get the script and pop an 8mg sub. That would be the worst possible thing you could do.

A couple more hours won't change your life but getting back on too high of a dose will. Doing an induction properly is an art! It's what I do best and I hope you'll let me help you get off on the right foot. You don't know me but I have nothing to gain by not telling you the truth. Please wait for me BEFORE you begin! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-31-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    GiGiLee58 likes this.

I will wait, Robert.

I'm going over to the place now. They only have 3 more slots open and I'll be damned if I don't get one of them.

Should I just check back with you on this thread or do you want to email me?

Tomorrow will be fine. I'm MST and don't have anything until the mid-afternoon.

Actually, I'm leaving for San Antonio tomorrow night and I'll be there till Friday afternoon (work related).

Thanks again...

I will wait, Robert.

I'm going over to the place now. They only have 3 more slots open and I'll be damned if I don't get one of them.

Should I just check back with you on this thread or do you want to email me?

Tomorrow will be fine. I'm MST and don't have anything until the mid-afternoon.

Actually, I'm leaving for San Antonio tomorrow night and I'll be there till Friday afternoon (work related).

Thanks again...

Let's just do it right here. If it's afternoon in MST for you I'll be home before then. Whoever comes in first post here, it wiil most likely be me, then when we hook up we can start the induction.

You have no idea at this point what a smart decision you have made to wait and let me do this induction with you. This will be such a different experience than you have ever had on subs. That is a promise! And we will have you totally stable tomorrow so you'll be in good shape for your trip to San Antonio. You'll feel like a high school kid again by then.

Don't know if you have spent much time there but San Antonio has some great spots to go to. Let me know if you need some suggestions. Talk tomorrow. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-31-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks man.

I'm heading over to get my script now. My hands are shaking and my mouth is watering just thinking about the orange strip burning nicely under my tongue.

However, I will use every ounce of strength and wait. A couple more hours won't mean much.

Please post asap how the induction should go - what I should take...how much...etc.

I really want to get something inside my system, but I will wait and listen.

I am nervous that I am so used to munching 2 8Mg. tabs a day, my body won't react to anything less.

I'll be back in about 2 - 3 hours with some subs...finally.

Thanks man.

I'm heading over to get my script now. My hands are shaking and my mouth is watering just thinking about the orange strip burning nicely under my tongue.

However, I will use every ounce of strength and wait. A couple more hours won't mean much.

Please post asap how the induction should go - what I should take...how much...etc.

I really want to get something inside my system, but I will wait and listen.

I am nervous that I am so used to munching 2 8Mg. tabs a day, my body won't react to anything less.

I'll be back in about 2 - 3 hours with some subs...finally.

You'll have to trust what I'm saying if this is going to work. You've been without several days and I know that we can stabilize you on much less than you've been taking.

Let me know when you get your meds. We will start out with you taking ONLY a 2mg dose. Then we will wait a good hour to give it time to work to its full capacity. We will add more as you need it but we have to do the process correctly for it to work. If you pop 8mg at once it's a waste of drugs, that is a fact, I promise you that I'm right. I have inducted two different people at less than 1mg this week! One of them was only .5mg!

You can go ahead and take 2mg when you get the meds. Then post to me a good hour later and let me know how you feel. This process may take a few hours but I guarantee you will be shocked at the dose I will have you stable on when we are done. And that will make it so much easier on you with the taper to come. I'll look for your reply in a few hours. God bless.

I'm on my phone still here waiting for my script.

This is so frustrating. I feel like my skin is crawling and I'm going to lose it if I spend any more time in this waiting room. I've had to sit next to 2 people that brought bags of needles in to exchange and I think one person in the Suboxone program broke down from the wait and left to score. - I heard him on his phone while I was smoking outside. Ugh.

Regardless, I am persevering. I'll let u know when I have my script, Robert.

I just came in from the pool to check on you. When you get your meds go ahead and take 2mg like I said before. Then give it a good hour at least and then post back to me how you feel. The sun is too gorgeous outside today. I've got to go back outside and hit the pool. We will have you feeling good soon trust me! Will talk with you in a little while. God bless.

Robert,

I just boarded my flight to San Antonio. When I land and get to my hotel, I'll tell you about my afternoon. I had no way of posting because of how busy I was and had no Internet.

Bottom-line - I'm on a total of only 6 mg. taken 1 3/4 apart. I feel better. I think I can make it through the night without taking more (which I'm really surprised to be honest b/c it's smaller than half of what I was taking).

More details when I land. I feel like the stuardess is going to bite my head off if I don't turn my phone off.

Just to clarify - I'm only on a TOTAL of 6mg. - NOT two 6mg. doses!!!

I'll explain when I get there. Gotta go!

its happening is offline New Member

i am going through withdrawl from methadone. can anyone hellp me

Quote Originally Posted by its happening View Post
    i am going through withdrawl from methadone. can anyone hellp me

We need some history. What dose were you on, for how long, how long have you been without, etc. Give us all the info you have and we can help. God bless.

Just to clarify - I'm only on a TOTAL of 6mg. - NOT two 6mg. doses!!!

I'll explain when I get there. Gotta go!

Talk to me! Tell me how you're doing. 6mg is okay compared to the 16mg you were on for so long. I told you we could do this at a much lower dose. Let me know what's up when you are able. God bless.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Talk to me! Tell me how you're doing. 6mg is okay compared to the 16mg you were on for so long. I told you we could do this at a much lower dose. Let me know what's up when you are able. God bless.
    Just so you know Robert I have so much respect for you even after our little tiff. No way would I have the patience for this!

Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    Just so you know Robert I have so much respect for you even after our little tiff. No way would I have the patience for this!

Sometimes it gets a little trying on me too, but then I remember threatening to whip all the drug counselors in my rehab when I was getting clean nine years ago. They threatened to run me off if I didn't stop. So I understand how volatile an addict is in detox. Then a few years later I became a Christian and as I've accumulated more clean time, a stronger faith and get a little older I am not as bad as I used to be. I can still be harsh at times, but I am a pushover compared to ten years ago. I would fight at the drop of a hat for fun. Now I really am okay with just trying to help as long as people will listen. Thanks for the post. God bless.

sweet60024 is offline Junior Member

Default In need of help!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Get all the meds they'll give you so you don't have to keep going back. Then I can induct you right here. I have a dr appt in the morning and will be home by noon, it can't be helped. I'm in TX ..... CST. What time zone are you in so we can coordinate this?

The induction is the most important part of this whole process. If you'll wait for me I'll have you inducted on no more than 6mg I guarantee, probably less. I know how to do this. I pray that you don't get the script and pop an 8mg sub. That would be the worst possible thing you could do.

A couple more hours won't change your life but getting back on too high of a dose will. Doing an induction properly is an art! It's what I do best and I hope you'll let me help you get off on the right foot. You don't know me but I have nothing to gain by not telling you the truth. Please wait for me BEFORE you begin! God bless.

I am also needing to rid my body of suboxone and am scared s***Tless I only have 1 1/2 srtips left.......any advice? The last dose I took was yesterday at 5pm (8mg) In need of major help asap

I've been taking 20mg a day for about a year but have only been taking 12mg the last 3 days. Like I said I only have 1 1/2 strips left. Do I need to get more? I'd like to just ween off with what I got but whatever makes me the most comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by sweet60024 View Post
    I've been taking 20mg a day for about a year but have only been taking 12mg the last 3 days. Like I said I only have 1 1/2 strips left. Do I need to get more? I'd like to just ween off with what I got but whatever makes me the most comfortable

I would be happy to help you but you've been doing 20mg for over a year and you only have 1 1/2 strips left? I'm sorry but that is not feasible. You need to have about thirty strips and I can walk you through this whole taper relatively comfortably. With such a small amount of subs I can't perform a miracle. You took 8mg yesterday. How long do you think what you have left will last?

Tell me when you have more subs so we can do this right. There is absolutely no sense in starting this when you are doomed to certain failure by not having an adequate amount of medication. I'll be here to help you when you are ready. Let me know when you are ready and I can induct you right here on a very small dose and you will be successful. But I want you to be set up to win from the beginning and not doomed to certain failure like you are now. God bless.

I have no idea what I am doing or what is about to come I do have 23 left out of my script I have to just go get them from the pharm. Will that be enough? And how many should I take today than?

I have no idea what I am doing or what is about to come I do have 23 left out of my script I have to just go get them from the pharm. Will that be enough? And how many should I take today than?

That should be plenty but you are on way too high of a dose at 8-12mg. I wish you would stop them entirely and allow me to re-induct you. I could have you down to 3mg or less immediately. You would just need to go 2-3 days without any subs until you reach a 26 on the COWS worksheet that can be found in the link I just gave you in the INDUCTION section. That would be the best for you and the fastest way to do this.

Let me know what you think. You should be taking tiny doses, not anything like what you're doing. If you are ready to do this properly let me know. I can taper you down from where you are but doing what I suggested is what is really best for you and I'll have you done in half the time. Let me know remembering I won't be back home until late today. God bless.
    Gracie2012 likes this.

I'm ready when you are! Let's go!

I'm ready when you are! Let's go!

I'm happy you are listening to me. Go get the rest of your subs but don't take ANYTHIING, not even an advil until we agree it's time to start the re-induction.

Henry that you see all over the forum was on 32mg, I re-inducted him at 1.25mg. Had him clean in six weeks! That proves what sub drs do to people. These drs don't know anything about subs. You listen to me and I'll have you feeling great in a few days and you'll be done in no time.

I'm about to leave for the dr. Then have to meet with my surgeon so I'll check on you late in the day. Remember don't take anything, no aspirin, advil, xanax, not anything. I'll have you feeling like you just got out of high school in a few days. God bless.
    Gracie2012 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast