Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Unexpected Suboxone Withdrawal
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Natalie .... so have you been taking the 1mg doses? If you are that high on the COWS worksheet you are not stable. You need to tell me exactly what is happening if I am to help you.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sweet60024 is offline Junior Member

I havent had anything since monday night at 8pm not even a tylenol. Im so beyond sorry that I havent been honest I didnt know what to do so I just came clean about it all

Robert are you still with me here??????

Robert~ I took my last dose of suboxone 4mg at 8pm on Monday havent taken anything since..... I was saying that I was already in wd to see what to do when that time came that I actually felt like ????. I didnt want my husband wondering who I was typing to on the computer, cause he wouldve freaked out he is very controling. I told him you were helping me through this and as of now he is okay with that. I need to do this the right way and not bull???? my way through this. But as of now I'm already starting to feel ????ty and need to be inducted agian most likely tonight..... Are you in this with me??????? I'm at a 20 on the COWS scale........I'm starting to freak out!!!! Where are ya?

Natalie ....... Subs have up to a 72 hour half life so it can be three days easily. I can't help with the husband thing. I will help you but I won't deal with a husband. You will have to handle that one. Perhaps if you showed him all the posts I make he wouldn't take it so personally. My wife is even on here too. She is Melinda. Let me know when you are ready. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

No I showed him and he is fine with it. I could go another 24 hours like this well I amGoing to a meeting keep you updated

What should I do if I wake up and I'm at 26+? should I wait to hear from you? What happenes if its the middle of the night? Or do you think I will be alright until I hit 72 hours in?

Well it is 4:37pm and still feeling at a 20? It's almost like I feel I'm gonna be alright! But i know when my 72 hours are up I'm gonna be in trouble...So i've been almost anticipating the wd's. It's insane that almost 3 full days go by and I've been "handling" it quite well. I just dont want to get my hopes up too high! Well keep you updated throughout the afternoon

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Natalie ....... Subs have up to a 72 hour half life so it can be three days easily. I can't help with the husband thing. I will help you but I won't deal with a husband. You will have to handle that one. Perhaps if you showed him all the posts I make he wouldn't take it so personally. My wife is even on here too. She is Melinda. Let me know when you are ready. God bless.
    Well 72 hours have come and gone and I'm still feeling alright. Is that a good thing? do you think that I won't go through heavy withdrawl? I'm really confused after taking 20mg a day for almost a year and I suddenly stop and nothing happens but a few aches and pains and stomach problems?????

Quote Originally Posted by sweet60024 View Post
    Well 72 hours have come and gone and I'm still feeling alright. Is that a good thing? do you think that I won't go through heavy withdrawl? I'm really confused after taking 20mg a day for almost a year and I suddenly stop and nothing happens but a few aches and pains and stomach problems?????

You also have a tremendous amount of sub stored in your body. Don't take anything from this point forward, not even an advil, not a single mg of subs, NOTHING! You will start going into w/d soon as your body is ready, but it will happen with your history. God bless.

MustJustBe is offline New Member

Robert,

I wanted to get off a moderate opiate addiction in january. I got clean before going to rehab for 5 or 6 days, my withdrawal was pretty much over. The doctor I would almost say forced subs on me. He told me I was going to start them the next morning, and I said I didn't think it was a good idea, and I didn't want to take them. He said if I really want to get better I should take them, and I caved. I think I put up a pretty good fight actually.

I started at 16mg for a month, and then dropped to 8mg without a problem. It's now 6 months since I've started taking suboxone. My family stole a bunch of my subs, and I can't get my next script for 8 days. I have one 8mg strip left and my last strip was 50 or so hours ago. Maybe just starting to see the signs of withdrawal. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by MustJustBe View Post
    Robert,

I wanted to get off a moderate opiate addiction in january. I got clean before going to rehab for 5 or 6 days, my withdrawal was pretty much over. The doctor I would almost say forced subs on me. He told me I was going to start them the next morning, and I said I didn't think it was a good idea, and I didn't want to take them. He said if I really want to get better I should take them, and I caved. I think I put up a pretty good fight actually.

I started at 16mg for a month, and then dropped to 8mg without a problem. It's now 6 months since I've started taking suboxone. My family stole a bunch of my subs, and I can't get my next script for 8 days. I have one 8mg strip left and my last strip was 50 or so hours ago. Maybe just starting to see the signs of withdrawal. Any help?

You need to find a way to get more subs before I can help you. All you can do is stretch the strip as long as you can. If you file a police report your dr will give you more subs. To hell with the thieves who stole them. Get more subs and I will be happy to help you. God bless.

what456 is offline Junior Member

Default Want to be free of suboxone

Robert,

I went through this entire thread and feel you may be able to help me. You will scream when you hear how long I have been on suboxone and my Dr. has no plans of ever taking me off. I have been taking 8mg since 8-2006 for a hydrocodone addiction. I was taking up to 20-25 10mg of 7.6 mgs of that per day.
    Now here I am out of subs again because here's how it goes at my psychiatrist. Walk in pay $100 and walk out with your script. I have had my last tiny piece in tues and feel pretty horrible.Cramps, muscle soreness, can't eat, very tired and the worst is I get restless leg syndrome when I am in withdrawal. So I suspect that tonight. It usually starts the 2nd or 3rd day without any.
    Called my dr this am to see if he would phone some in so I can get off of these for a taper. No return call yet. I suspect it will be no. Any suggestions that may help me not as horrible. And I don't know what a COWS scale is either.

When is your refill actually due to be refilled? Are you really ready to do what it takes to taper off as soon as you get the refill? What will your refill script be .... how many pills, film strips, or whatever and at what mg?

When is your refill actually due to be refilled? Are you really ready to do what it takes to taper off as soon as you get the refill? What will your refill script be .... how many pills, film strips, or whatever and at what mg?
    Robert,
    BTW, my name is Tracey. I have been taking 1 8mg strip cut in half a day. so 4mg when I wake up and 4mg about 2pm for the last 6 years. Its not that my script isn't due. It was due Monday. But I dont have anyway to pay for his office visit this month. I have insurance for the meds but he doesn't accept ins. But I am already praying the Lords Prayer to help me and got to the computer. He gives me 28 strips of 8mg at a time. i just doubt anything until I can get in the office. Why do they only want to help you get on this but never off of it

Quote Originally Posted by what456 View Post
    Robert,
    BTW, my name is Tracey. I have been taking 1 8mg strip cut in half a day. so 4mg when I wake up and 4mg about 2pm for the last 6 years. Its not that my script isn't due. It was due Monday. But I dont have anyway to pay for his office visit this month. I have insurance for the meds but he doesn't accept ins. But I am already praying the Lords Prayer to help me and got to the computer. He gives me 28 strips of 8mg at a time. i just doubt anything until I can get in the office. Why do they only want to help you get on this but never off of it

Tracey ..... the obvious answer is to beg or borrow the $100 and get the script. Surely you can find $100 SOMEWHERE!!! Then I can re-induct you at a smaller dose. You've been off a few days so we can check you out on the COWS worksheet for symptoms ( I'll explain what to do when you get the script) and make sure we can re-induct you properly. It's getting close to the weekend so I would get on it finding that $100. Sub drs have a gravy train off people like you. He doesn't care about you, it's obvious. We can likely get you clean off the subs with one script. Hopefully this will be the last time you ever have to see him again. Keep me posted, but get the $100 somewhere and go get your meds.

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING UNTIL WE TALK TOGETHER. I CAN INDUCT YOU OVER AGAIN AT A MUCH LOWER DOSE AND YOU'LL HAVE AN EASIER TIME STOPPING WITH THE TAPER.

Tracey ..... the obvious answer is to beg or borrow the $100 and get the script. Surely you can find $100 SOMEWHERE!!! Then I can re-induct you at a smaller dose. You've been off a few days so we can check you out on the COWS worksheet for symptoms ( I'll explain what to do when you get the script) and make sure we can re-induct you properly. It's getting close to the weekend so I would get on it finding that $100. Sub drs have a gravy train off people like you. He doesn't care about you, it's obvious. We can likely get you clean off the subs with one script. Hopefully this will be the last time you ever have to see him again. Keep me posted, but get the $100 somewhere and go get your meds.

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING UNTIL WE TALK TOGETHER. I CAN INDUCT YOU OVER AGAIN AT A MUCH LOWER DOSE AND YOU'LL HAVE AN EASIER TIME STOPPING WITH THE TAPER.
    Well, I am going to be in for more days of hell. I don't have any way to get them until Monday. But when and if I do, I will definitely come back Robert. This is NO WAY TO LIVE! I feel honestly, I just switched one addiction to another, is all I did!!!

Well, I am going to be in for more days of hell. I don't have any way to get them until Monday. But when and if I do, I will definitely come back Robert. This is NO WAY TO LIVE! I feel honestly, I just switched one addiction to another, is all I did!!!

I will be here ready to help you. We are only talking the weekend and you'll feel like hell but it will actually make it easier to re-induct you on Monday on a very low dose. So look at the positive side of this as best you can. God bless.

I will be here ready to help you. We are only talking the weekend and you'll feel like hell but it will actually make it easier to re-induct you on Monday on a very low dose. So look at the positive side of this as best you can. God bless.
    I've been at it since Tuesday And I've done it before but went right back to my regular 8mg.

NOT THIS TIME! I WANT OUT! Thanks Robert. I am praying like never before.

I've been at it since Tuesday And I've done it before but went right back to my regular 8mg.

NOT THIS TIME! I WANT OUT! Thanks Robert. I am praying like never before.

I'll be here waiting on you. We will get you fixed up right this time I guarantee. Just have some faith and work with me. Don't take anything until we do the induction though. If you go back to 8mg you are totally blowing it. I can induct you at less than half of that! Then we'll have you clean in a matter of weeks. God bless.

Default You may just save my life!

I'll be here waiting on you. We will get you fixed up right this time I guarantee. Just have some faith and work with me. Don't take anything until we do the induction though. If you go back to 8mg you are totally blowing it. I can induct you at less than half of that! Then we'll have you clean in a matter of weeks. God bless.
    Robert,

I just had to tell you that I truly do believe in you. I KNOW I can be inducted at way less than * because when I have run out and only has a tiny pice it has stopped the withdrawals. I started out on 4mg when I began 6 years ago. I think the problem was, my dr was wanting me to use them for pain and my "dependence". I was NEVER called an addict. And oh, how I have hung on to that to USE as an excuse. However, Robert, I have always KNOWN that is exactly what I am. A recovering addict. I would take more if I was feeling any pain, emotional or physical. And this has ruined my life. I know my head is not clear on suboxone. This is just me. But even after just three days with none, I physically feel horrible, muscle pain, the weakness is the worst along with no sleep. But I anticipate the RLS will be tonight. That is when I will be at my worst. It doesn't let me sleep. I must stand and move constantly, meaning walk around. So, there will be no sleep til Monday night for sure. But my head is clearer already. I already know some things I have been doing wrong in my life that I don't ever feel on sub. So, I know this is the right choice.
    Thank you for all you do. You may just save my life and my kids not having their mom at their best for a long long time. After years of drug fogged brain....Talk to you Monday night.

Default Whats next Robert

Okay Robert, I have my 28 strips of 8mg subs and I couldn't wait to start to get off of this. Will you please help me get off I am SOOO ready!
    Here's what I have been taking and the deal.
    I have been taking 8mg per day for the last at least 5 years. I had not had any subs all week since last tues am. a tiny piece was the last one until I got them this afternoon. I couldn't wait to get to the computer. so I took a partial piece. Hard to tell. But probably 2mg at most and I feel fine. I know I don't need more today. So what should I do next I am going to be a clean slate and will do exactly as you tell me. Please let me know whats next. I know you said don't take anything but I couldn't get to a computer until now and had to take some to be able to function til I could. But as little as I could to do just that function.
    So, 6 days of nothing and maybe 1/4 of a strip today. where do we go from here

Okay Robert, I have my 28 strips of 8mg subs and I couldn't wait to start to get off of this. Will you please help me get off I am SOOO ready!
    Here's what I have been taking and the deal.
    I have been taking 8mg per day for the last at least 5 years. I had not had any subs all week since last tues am. a tiny piece was the last one until I got them this afternoon. I couldn't wait to get to the computer. so I took a partial piece. Hard to tell. But probably 2mg at most and I feel fine. I know I don't need more today. So what should I do next I am going to be a clean slate and will do exactly as you tell me. Please let me know whats next. I know you said don't take anything but I couldn't get to a computer until now and had to take some to be able to function til I could. But as little as I could to do just that function.
    So, 6 days of nothing and maybe 1/4 of a strip today. where do we go from here

Sorry but my computer hard drive crashed on me and I just got back online. Been gone a few days. Where are you at on this? What have you taken? Let's get a plan going as soon as I know where you stand. God bless.

Sorry but my computer hard drive crashed on me and I just got back online. Been gone a few days. Where are you at on this? What have you taken? Let's get a plan going as soon as I know where you stand. God bless.
    Robert,

I'm sorry it has been a while since I've been on. I didn't have my computer. But here's where I'm at and know I am going to need your help to finish this. I got 28 8mg strips on 8/1 and I still have 10 of those 28 left. So, I have been taking less than 4mg a day since I have stretched out my one month supply. With the 10 i have left, I want to finish this taper to ZERO and not get another script. Is this possible with your help. I feel a little depressed without the full amount and I also am a little sore and cranky but all in all not bad at all. What do you think. Is it possible.....

Robert,

I'm sorry it has been a while since I've been on. I didn't have my computer. But here's where I'm at and know I am going to need your help to finish this. I got 28 8mg strips on 8/1 and I still have 10 of those 28 left. So, I have been taking less than 4mg a day since I have stretched out my one month supply. With the 10 i have left, I want to finish this taper to ZERO and not get another script. Is this possible with your help. I feel a little depressed without the full amount and I also am a little sore and cranky but all in all not bad at all. What do you think. Is it possible.....

It's possible to finish with what you have left depending on you. You need to be on the 4mg four days and then drop to 3mg or 25% of your dose. We'll continue with that tapering process and it will be really close getting you through it all with the ten you have left, but very possible. I would drop again immediately and keep me posted how you're doing. After being on subs five years dropping to 4mg already is awesome! I would just suck it up and stick with the taper plan and we'll get you clean. You may have some days that are better than others but you should be able to function normally with whatever you have to do all the way down. Keep me posted over the next four days and we'll know when you're ready to reduce again. God bless.

Ok, I have been on the 4mg for at least 4 days. So, I will cut it again starting today. The hardest part for me is dividing the strips. How do you get an accurate dosage when dividing it up. I started with folding it in half knowing that would be 4mg and then cutting it in half. i would take 2mg in am when I get up and 2mg at around 2pm or 3pm. Some says i would even forget I didn't take it and when I realized, it would be 6 or 7 and wouldn't take it all because subs keep me awake. So, i know a lot of my addiction is mental addiction not physical.
    I have never been more serious and committed to getting off of this suboxone EVER. But seeing 10 left it is making me nervous. Thanks Robert. I am going to definitely stay and read as much here as I can because this is the only place I have support. And I need the support for sure.
    hugs and prayers, Tracey

Ok, I have been on the 4mg for at least 4 days. So, I will cut it again starting today. The hardest part for me is dividing the strips. How do you get an accurate dosage when dividing it up. I started with folding it in half knowing that would be 4mg and then cutting it in half. i would take 2mg in am when I get up and 2mg at around 2pm or 3pm. Some says i would even forget I didn't take it and when I realized, it would be 6 or 7 and wouldn't take it all because subs keep me awake. So, i know a lot of my addiction is mental addiction not physical.
    I have never been more serious and committed to getting off of this suboxone EVER. But seeing 10 left it is making me nervous. Thanks Robert. I am going to definitely stay and read as much here as I can because this is the only place I have support. And I need the support for sure.
    hugs and prayers, Tracey

Tracey ..... An 8mg film strip is 7/16" long. So each mg is basically just under 1/16". I would use 1/16" = 1mg or you'll drive yourself crazy trying to be exact. At least that is close enough for our purposes. I would hold the strip with tweezers and use a single-edged razor to cut 3/16". That will give you 3mg. Obviously you need an accurate small tape or ruler to get the length correct. It starts getting to be a little bit of a pain at very small doses. But don't just cut them all up or you'll make a mess. It's worth it to take the time and do it right. Hope that helps. And going to 3mg right now makes it even more likely that the ten you have left will suffice our needs. God bless.

Tracey ..... An 8mg film strip is 7/16" long. So each mg is basically just under 1/16". I would use 1/16" = 1mg or you'll drive yourself crazy trying to be exact. At least that is close enough for our purposes. I would hold the strip with tweezers and use a single-edged razor to cut 3/16". That will give you 3mg. Obviously you need an accurate small tape or ruler to get the length correct. It starts getting to be a little bit of a pain at very small doses. But don't just cut them all up or you'll make a mess. It's worth it to take the time and do it right. Hope that helps. And going to 3mg right now makes it even more likely that the ten you have left will suffice our needs. God bless.
    Oh Robert, you have no idea how much that helps. You really do know what you're talking about. I was hoping you would know how to divide it correctly. And yes, 3mg is not a problem at all. I will measure starting today and I am going to measure the size I have been cutting to see exactly what mg I've been taking. But I am pretty sure its 4 or even less because one strip was lasting me two days some days 2-1/2.
    Thanks and I will keep you posted. With your help and my reading and posting here with others, I really feel I can do this. As I said, for me, I believe most of this is psychological. But we shall see.
    Again, hugs, prayers and thanks, Tracey

javlife is offline Member

Default Been tapering for months... What do I expect?

Hello. I have read this entire post and like many of you have found that a lot of Suboxone Docs are just as shady, if not worse, than street dealers. I got pretty bad on the roxicet 30mg pills. I would take up to 5 or 6 a day (150-180mg's of oxycodone daily!) It was a real problem and my life has completely fallen apart because of it. I lost my wife, my savings, my home, etc. etc. I am sure no different than many of you. I will say... suboxone probably saved my life. I went from junkie to functioning member of society in a day! Robert_325 seems to know a lot but any input from anybody would be great.

So.... Here's the deal:

I have been off of the oxycodone for 107 days. The doctors wanted me to take 16 to 24 mgs sub's a day. I thought that was CRAZY! I did a lot of research and decided to lie about the dosage I was actually taking and started at 8mgs a day. over the past 107 days I have made it my mission to get of the suboxone and never touch another frigging opoid again in my life. I received 30 8mg pill on july 8th and never went back. By then I was at 4mgs a day. I slowly cut it down into smaller and smaller pieces and skipping days when possible. I made the last pill last me almost 2 weeks. I want to be honest... at those low dosages it is literally a small pile of dust that I had to take so I had been snorting the dosages for the last 3 weeks. I took my last dosage 4 days ago. I can't tell if I am feeling worse or better, but I haven't been out of bed in 2 days. I am experiencing CRUSHING depression/anxiety, muscle pains, lots of sweating (not for the past 12 hours though) and stomach issues. I managed to get a few muscle relaxers and xanax (.5mgs) which I have been taking to help me not feel that bad (kinda works, usually just puts me to sleep which seems better than awake so far) I also was smoking a little pot, which made me paranoid but really helps the sweating and loss of appetite. I also have been trying to drag my butt out of bed to at least get a few minutes of exercise in which also seems to help.

Let me next say that I am already aware that smoking pot and taking more drugs that can be addictive might sound crazy but anybody who had detoxed before knows you'll take anything for some relief. The suboxone detox seems way more mellow than detoxing of the roxicet's themselves which was crippling... the reason I went of subs. But... none the less it still really sucks!

What can I expect... do you think it will be worse in the coming days because I have basically just hit the half life mark? How long could it take me to be back on my feet? Should I just give in and go get another script tomorrow?

Please Help! Thanks!

Wish you hadn't been snorting those at the end. That didn't help but it is what it is. DON'T go back now! If you need a soma or a klonopin to help for a few days do it. Just don't stretch it out forever.

Remember that if all the subs in the world were gone you would make it. Don't give in. The demons are trying to make their last stab at getting you back! Don't give in to it! You can do this.

Keep me posted how you're doing. You're in my prayers. God bless.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast