Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Unexpected Suboxone Withdrawal
    sweet60024 is offline Junior Member

I have nothing to lose, right? I want off these things and I'm scared to death of getting sick. I have a 4yr and 1 1/2 yr daughters that I have to care for with no help during this. I cannot thank you enough for helping me through this. I had NO IDEA what they were giving me until 6wks after I left rehab. I had no idea what suboxone was and they just told me it'll help with the wd's from percocets! Now a year later I'm just so scared of getting sck that I just kept taking them. Thank you and god bless!!! Tlak to you later

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Hello Sweet!

Welcome to the forum.
    Yep Robert is right and he is NOT kidding! My own sub doctor wanted me to start on 8 mg tablets 4 times a day for an astronomical amount of 32 mgs per day!!! How insane is that? He also said it will take a minimum of over 2 years to taper and at that I had to stay at that dose for the 2 years before we start tapering!!! Even though I knew nothing of subs way back then even I thought that was too much so I started myself, yes I did initially take the 32 mgs but I sure don't remember that first couple days, so I actually started myself on 16 mgs which still was WAY TOO MUCH!!! I was the aftermath of a crash site when I got here and Robert saw immediately what was wrong with me. You know I repeat this quote that he said to me because it hit me so hard and was so rational and logical that even though I was a mess it went straight through to my brain and he told me "we will get you stabilized at the absolute minimum amount of sub necessary to get you stabilized" and I am living proof that the worse one gets into withdrawal and the higher the score on the COWS, minimum of 26 necessary and no cheating as it is for ones own good, the less sub necessary and the better they stabilize. I mean I couldn't believe it when I inducted on only 1.25 mgs total per day! As unhappy as I was just inducting on only 1.25 mgs per day and stabilizing after feeling like horse poop run over for so long I was super happy and feeling great! Anything that came at me after that was nothing compared to what I felt before I got here. I promise you that if you follow Robert's recommendations you WILL NOT BE SORRY one bit and you do this right you only need do it once.
    Go get em!!!

Henry
    sweet60024 and misguided like this.

Morning, I'm feelling really ?????? at the moment but still around a 20 on the cows scale. I have a horrible migraine that will not go away! All the other symptoms are toreable at the moment but the head! So ..... wanna fill me in on wheat to do when I get to 26?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sweet60024 View Post
    Morning, I'm feelling really ?????? at the moment but still around a 20 on the cows scale. I have a horrible migraine that will not go away! All the other symptoms are toreable at the moment but the head! So ..... wanna fill me in on wheat to do when I get to 26?

I was hung up last night and didn't get to post to you. Sorry! Thanks to Henry for filling in for me as we help each other out a lot. If you're at a 20 it will still be a few hours before you're ready. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL WE TALK AGAIN PLEASE!!!!! i will check back on you in a couple hours. We are going to start you on a VERY small dose. You'll think I'm crazy but if you listen to me you'll sail right through this. Sit tight and wait until I get back on here. We will be starting you at a .25mg, but I don't want you to start before we speak about this first. You can make it a little longer so this will work to its full potential. Trust me! I know how to do this. God bless
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-28-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

That's alright, I was feeling alright until about 3am EST I went and rested on the couch and finally got rid of the migraine thank god!! But the other things are getting less and less torlerable. I've been praying all day that this is gonna be alright, that I'm gonna be alright and That I have faith in you that you know what your doing. Well gonna go lay down for a lil bit. Will post when I can't take it anymore

Let me know when you're getting up around 26 on the COWS worksheet.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

24! And it is so tempting to just slide that little strip right on under there and know I will feel better almost instantly, but I'm hanging in there minute by minute sometimes. Am staying positive considering I feel as if I'm about to crawl out of my skin and my bones feel llike they are growing inches. My stomach is not happy can't eat cause I cant hold it down How much longer???

24! And it is so tempting to just slide that little strip right on under there and know I will feel better almost instantly, but I'm hanging in there minute by minute sometimes. Am staying positive considering I feel as if I'm about to crawl out of my skin and my bones feel llike they are growing inches. My stomach is not happy can't eat cause I cant hold it down How much longer???

You are so close right now. I will be watching you closely now as it shouldn't be too much longer. You're going to feel like a new person this evening I promise. You won't believe how you can go from feeling as you do now to how you will feel in a few hours of induction. Hang in there, this is where it makes the difference holding out to that magic number 26. And most important you will be shocked how low of a dose we will do this at! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Hi Sweet!

Robert is NOT kidding!!! When he inducted me back in 2009 I was a train wreck when I got here. I had already stopped taking all subs because I had felt so bad on them, doctor wanted me on 32 mgs per day go figure and even I thought that was too much so started on 16 mgs which was STILL WAY TOO MUCH, so I waited thinking I could out wait the withdrawal. Well I was wrong and get this now here comes the cool part. I inducted at only 1.25 mgs total!!! How cool is that? Only 1.25 mgs!!! That proves that the longer you hold out till you hit a minimum of 26 on the COWS the less you need to induct properly. Subs as I mentioned being so powerful it only takes a little bit to go a long ways but IT MUST BE USED PROPERLY!!! Done right and you will be pleasantly shocked how much better you feel and how small a dose you need. I'm not kidding! This isn't about macho or ego or what ever. This is about efficiency and the person that benefits is you! Nice eh? So in view of this what is a bit of suffering when you know that after Robert gets you stabilized you will feel better than you felt in years. I sure did. You won't be sorry I promise!

Henry

Thanks for all of your uplifting words I'm holding out as long as I can take it I'm at 27 now but thinking what is a few more hours of this to make sure it works, right?

Okay Robert I'm at 29 and about to lose my marbles.........What to do???

Okay Robert I'm at 29 and about to lose my marbles.........What to do???

If you're a 29 it's time to get with the program. Please understand that we will be doing this in VERY small dosing increments. This is how we get the most benefit from each dose and re-induct you on the smallest dose possible yet effective. Each dosing increment needs ample time to work to its full potential and keep you on a very small dose.

I want you to start out taking only .5mg right now. Then wait for 90 minutes and post back to me. Let me know how you feel at that time. Then we'll decide what you need to do next.

Trust me I promise you that this will go as I told you it would. I've done inductions countless times. It's something the sub drs have NO IDEA how to do properly. Just go along with exactly what I tell you and I'll have you feeling like a new person before the evening is past.

I'm in TX on Central time so I've got 7:20 right now. I don't know where you are located. But I will look to hear from you by 8:45 my time. Have faith, this is going to go well! God bless.

Okay here goes .5mg! Will post my condtions in 90 min..... I'm im Michigan so it's 8:24pm here

Okay here goes .5mg! Will post my condtions in 90 min..... I'm im Michigan so it's 8:24pm here

Hey sweet! How goes it? Checkin' up on you!

Still feeling pretty s*ity skin is still crawling and body aches still stomach a little better not much. Oh and my name is Natalie just so a know. What should we do next?

Still feeling pretty s*ity skin is still crawling and body aches still stomach a little better not much. Oh and my name is Natalie just so a know. What should we do next?

Thanks Natalie, I like names better! Okay let's do another .5mg and this time give it one hour. Then post back to me. You should feel a little more difference with this dose.

Not saying we are done yet but going in the right direction. I will sit here and ride this out with you tonight until you feel right. Not going anywhere, we are going to make you well before we stop. Don't want you high but want you feeling normal like an "earth person." That is going to happen tonight.

Okay I'm taking it now, I haven't slept at all in the last 2 nights so if you don't hear from me I probably fell asleep. Than what do I do if I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like ???? and I can't get ahold of you? Well now I'm scared to fall asleep now! What are my options?

Toast 316 is offline Member

Natalie,

Robert inducted me at .5 mg just about 3-4 weeks ago. I am now at .09 mgs going down, the wds have been minimal for me and thats due to following the program Robert lays out. I was originally on 16 mgs-worked myself down to 1 mg and then got stuck-relapsed on Hydros for a few weeks and the was reinducted at .5 mg. I decided after prayer and careful consideration to taper all the way down instead of skipping days at the end. It is my busy time of year and I have to be as close to 100% as possible or my work gets out of hand quickly. Sounds like you should be feeling better by now...thats what it took me .5 mgs. Congradulations, you're on your way to freedom. Keep up the faith and the prayers as the Lord will see you through if you put your trust in him. Robert and Henry are awesome people and will leed you in the right direction as well as encourage you till the end. I will be following your thread and praying for you.

Toast...aka...Matt
    Robert_325 likes this.

Okay I'm taking it now, I haven't slept at all in the last 2 nights so if you don't hear from me I probably fell asleep. Than what do I do if I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like ???? and I can't get ahold of you? Well now I'm scared to fall asleep now! What are my options?

Natalie .... give me another hour. You can make it that long. If you start to think you're falling asleep get on the computer and post to me. We need to do this right. I really need to see how you do after this dose.

If after an hour goes by we decide to give you a little more and you fall asleep we'll pick it up again in the morning. I hate to see you in the middle of the night alone and messing the induction up. This is the most important part of entire process. God bless.

Okay feeling a little better not 100% but gonna try and sleep. What should I do if I wake up and feel Sh*ty?

I didn't sEe your message till after I posted my last post I will try and stay awake for as long as possible. I don't want to start all over. But I'm scared I'm gonna wake up alone and feeling ????ty

Okay feeling a little better not 100% but gonna try and sleep. What should I do if I wake up and feel Sh*ty?

Natalie ..... I will sit up with you for as long as you're awake. When you have had all you can handle take another .5mg and go to bed. That should hold you over until morning if you haven't slept in a couple days.

In the morning when you get up post to me and make sure I'm not up. I wake up pretty early, I have sleep disorders myself. I sleep very little. If I am not up yet take 1mg and wait until we talk before doing anything else. But don't do it in the middle of the night. That 1.5mg total should allow you to get enough sleep to hold you over until morning.

The induction is actually a four day process. We will be making adjustments for you as needed over the next couple days. Get some sleep tonight but hang on as long as you can and let that last dose do its thing and then I'll talk with you in the morning. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-28-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    sweet1.9907 likes this.

Okay wish me luck on a least a few hours of sleep

I didn't sEe your message till after I posted my last post I will try and stay awake for as long as possible. I don't want to start all over. But I'm scared I'm gonna wake up alone and feeling ????ty

Natalie ........ Don't be scared, it's going to be okay. The drs have you afraid because they messed you around. I see it every day. All I can do is ask you to trust me.

I won't hurt you I promise and I'll help you get clean without a lot of pain. That is a guarantee. I've done this a long time and I know how to do this.

You've got to trust someone at some point and I give you my word I won't abandon you or let you down. God bless.
    PinkToni likes this.

Default Z

Okay wish me luck on a least a few hours of sleep

If you wake up in the middle of the night and start freaking out take .25mg, but no more. We want to have you on the very minimal dose that will work. I don't think you'll need it but just in case I don't want you to be scared. Sleep tight! We will talk in the morning and RELAX!!! Everything will work out for you. God bless.

Well made it throught the night without waking up and feel pretty decent right now Stomach is still tore up but thats probably cause I really havent ate anything. Gonna try and eat this morning. So whats next?

I havent taken anymore, should I have? I am waiting for a little longer to hear from you if not I will take 1mg as you have stated in a earlier post

I havent taken anymore, should I have? I am waiting for a little longer to hear from you if not I will take 1mg as you have stated in a earlier post

Take the 1mg NOW if you haven't yet and then plan on taking another 1mg about 5:00 this afternoon. Let's see how we do during the day and if you can hold off and stabiilize on the 2mg for the day. That is my goal.

Have a dr appt and and will be gone for a couple hours late morning but will be around other than that. If you've already taken the 1mg this morning tell me how you're doing. God bless.

Okay taking 1mg now. And I will keep you updated on how I feel throughout the day.

Okay taking 1mg now. And I will keep you updated on how I feel throughout the day.
    Okay I need to make a confession I just starting going through withdrawl at about a 17 on cows...its been 42 hours since my last 4mg! My husband is a control freak and if he knew I was talking to a guy on the internet no matter the reason would cause MAJOR problems and he has been out of town.....he knows i'm doing the "program" So I was trying to soak up as much information as possible for when I can't stand the withdrawl and he is home......but I'm terrified so therefore I really dont care if he knows or what he thinks I need to do this the right way or it's not gonna turn out like I NEED it to. I am very sorry for not being totally honest I hope you understand. I just hate having to walk on egg shells but thats a whole nother problem that needs to be taken care of after I can get a grip on this ????! Please stick by me and I promise to be completly honest with you from now on. When should I expect to get worse...I mean it's been almost 2 days and I thought for sure I'd go through withdrawl by now, now I'm really worried about what is going to happen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast