Trying to get off percocets, help
    miam is offline New Member

Default Trying to get off percocets, help

Hello all Im posting this for some hope that someone can give me advice on trying to stop using my drug of choice percocets/vicodin basically any opiate that i can get my hands on. I am 22 yrs old and was introduce to drugs when i was 16 by my x bf. It started off by smoking pot takin x and doing coke.. there was a point in my life ( around the age of 18 ) that i only did drugs when i was partying. but about a year ago i found the love of my life perks. again it was mostly off and on mostly when i was partying. this past summer i was into oc's big time. i realized how much money i was blowing and how much off my life i was throwing away that i managed to stop doing it. But this past october i started getting my hands on percs again and needless to say ive been doing them everyday since then. when i take them i feel like life is perfect of course thats what drug addicts feel like. i've been thru somethings this past year, like meeting my girlfriend and leaving my bf for her ( which i didnt get alot of support about ) losing most of my friends and lost of interest at work.. My mom kicked me out when i was 16 and ive been living with a friend and her family for 3 years.. this past year has been the worst they treat meet like im the oddball and baiscally ignore me. all of this makes me wanna use more. I am sappose to move out this next month with my girlfriend but seems like all my money goes to the drugs.. also my releationship with her has gone down hill because of this.

2 days ago i couldnt get my hands on anything so i said to myself this is it.. this is the time to stop. yesturday was the first day.. i had a 512 perk that i found and took it in the am.. came out of work and felt like ******************** and couldnt stop crying.. my mind is going crazy.. i work 6am to 2pm m-f and since my legs were already starting to ache and i couldnt sleep i called out..

and now im here trying to find help on how to handle this withdrawl.. my brother gave me a couple of suboxones and i took half of one and i feel alittle better.. but i dont want to depend on drugs anymore.. i want my life back, i want my natural energy and happiness back..

any help on how to cope with the withdrawls.. considering i have to work everyday and i cant go on a clinic.. i want to do it cold turkey but im not sure if im strong enough.. also is there any good blogs or jorunals out there that i can join that people are going through the same thing as me? seems like nobody in my life can understand. ty

michael4878 is offline New Member

wow you seem to be just like me! im also 22 and i was so badly addicted to oxycontins, roxicodone, lortab, percocet..or any ********************ing opiate i could get my hands on. i never got into shooting them, but i snorted them almost every day if not every other day and could not function without them! i ended up losing my apartment, my job or any interest in working or doing anything without pills in my system. it became to the point where i would count down the days every month until my doctors appt. because i had run out of my script early. first of all let me tell you how this started..a year and a half ago i was in a car accident as a passenger. i was not wearing a seatbelt and landed on the hood of the vehicle. my partner survived with no injury. and i as well refused medical attn. because i had no insurance and did not feel in immediate pain or like i had received an injury. three to four months later i started to get sudden sharp pains in my lower back all throughout the day and night. no later than a week i went to the ER and was given vicodin and a recommendation to pain mgt. started going there and got prescribed 120 10/325mg norcos per month (4x/day). i never took that many because they made me so dizzy and screwed up so i started selling them and making a considerable amount of money every month. then i got put on probation and im a pot head so i had to quit smoking it (which marijuana definitely helped relieve my pain and nerves, put some food in my tummy and put me to bed) but anyways i started taking them as prescribed and 2 months later i was taking 8-10 norco tens a day! so i told my doc and he gave me 120 percocet 10/325mg per month...well to put the story short, less than six months after starting the percocet i was jacked all the way up to 4 oxycontin 80mg's per day! and thats pretty much the most powerful narcotic pain medication treatment plan to be on..hell if u know another person that gets 120 oxy 80s per month for back pain please let me know. most people on this kind of medication are cancer patients with no other choice but to be hooked on these. so eventually i overdosed on oxy 80s..i blacked out the entire time but when i woke up out of an induced coma at the hospital two weeks later i was informed i had close to 1500 mg of oxycodone (the main ingriedient in oxycontin and percocet) in my system..which, according to the critical care physician, is enough to put down an elephant! i then and there decided to stop taking them because i was so close to being dead when i overdosed i was scared to death. i took inpatient treatment for two weeks after i was released from the hospital. i started attending AA meetings (probation requirement) and going to outpatient rehab (probation once again) the remainder of the time and as of now i have completed my 18 weeks of outpatient rehab and have stopped attending AA meetings and have now been sober for over six months!! i cant believe it i am so excited. it feels better than when i graduated from college. i dont even think about pills anymore. and if ur fimiliar with NA and AA i didn't even follow those 12 steps or whatever they call it. im living proof of a miracle, no strings attached! it takes LOTS of strength, but anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. now the only thing i have to live with now is nerve damage and numbness in my right arm and upper-right thigh from lying on the ground for six hours when i overdosed. but be strong ok? you can do it and im always here if u need help, but there is hope w/o getting hooked on methadone and suboxone. stay strong and good luck!

Darren201 is offline New Member

Wow this seems exactly like my situation. I would get 120 percocets every month but they wouldnt last more than a week. I also get sharp pains in my lower back where it feels like i have nails being pushed in. It's a shooting pain and I am on an off the pills. its just tuff to just put them down and never pick them up again. Did u have sciatica??? [QUOTE=michael4878;19533wow you seem to be just like me! im also 22 and i was so badly addicted to oxycontins, roxicodone, lortab, percocet..or any ********************ing opiate i could get my hands on. i never got into shooting them, but i snorted them almost every day if not every other day and could not function without them! i ended up losing my apartment, my job or any interest in working or doing anything without pills in my system. it became to the point where i would count down the days every month until my doctors appt. because i had run out of my script early. first of all let me tell you how this started..a year and a half ago i was in a car accident as a passenger. i was not wearing a seatbelt and landed on the hood of the vehicle. my partner survived with no injury. and i as well refused medical attn. because i had no insurance and did not feel in immediate pain or like i had received an injury. three to four months later i started to get sudden sharp pains in my lower back all throughout the day and night. no later than a week i went to the ER and was given vicodin and a recommendation to pain mgt. started going there and got prescribed 120 10/325mg norcos per month (4x/day). i never took that many because they made me so dizzy and screwed up so i started selling them and making a considerable amount of money every month. then i got put on probation and im a pot head so i had to quit smoking it (which marijuana definitely helped relieve my pain and nerves, put some food in my tummy and put me to bed) but anyways i started taking them as prescribed and 2 months later i was taking 8-10 norco tens a day! so i told my doc and he gave me 120 percocet 10/325mg per month...well to put the story short, less than six months after starting the percocet i was jacked all the way up to 4 oxycontin 80mg's per day! and thats pretty much the most powerful narcotic pain medication treatment plan to be on..hell if u know another person that gets 120 oxy 80s per month for back pain please let me know. most people on this kind of medication are cancer patients with no other choice but to be hooked on these. so eventually i overdosed on oxy 80s..i blacked out the entire time but when i woke up out of an induced coma at the hospital two weeks later i was informed i had close to 1500 mg of oxycodone (the main ingriedient in oxycontin and percocet) in my system..which, according to the critical care physician, is enough to put down an elephant! i then and there decided to stop taking them because i was so close to being dead when i overdosed i was scared to death. i took inpatient treatment for two weeks after i was released from the hospital. i started attending AA meetings (probation requirement) and going to outpatient rehab (probation once again) the remainder of the time and as of now i have completed my 18 weeks of outpatient rehab and have stopped attending AA meetings and have now been sober for over six months!! i cant believe it i am so excited. it feels better than when i graduated from college. i dont even think about pills anymore. and if ur fimiliar with NA and AA i didn't even follow those 12 steps or whatever they call it. im living proof of a miracle, no strings attached! it takes LOTS of strength, but anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. now the only thing i have to live with now is nerve damage and numbness in my right arm and upper-right thigh from lying on the ground for six hours when i overdosed. but be strong ok? you can do it and im always here if u need help, but there is hope w/o getting hooked on methadone and suboxone. stay strong and good luck![/QUOTE]

alkisses is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miam View Post
    Hello all Im posting this for some hope that someone can give me advice on trying to stop using my drug of choice percocets/vicodin basically any opiate that i can get my hands on. I am 22 yrs old and was introduce to drugs when i was 16 by my x bf. It started off by smoking pot takin x and doing coke.. there was a point in my life ( around the age of 18 ) that i only did drugs when i was partying. but about a year ago i found the love of my life perks. again it was mostly off and on mostly when i was partying. this past summer i was into oc's big time. i realized how much money i was blowing and how much off my life i was throwing away that i managed to stop doing it. But this past october i started getting my hands on percs again and needless to say ive been doing them everyday since then. when i take them i feel like life is perfect of course thats what drug addicts feel like. i've been thru somethings this past year, like meeting my girlfriend and leaving my bf for her ( which i didnt get alot of support about ) losing most of my friends and lost of interest at work.. My mom kicked me out when i was 16 and ive been living with a friend and her family for 3 years.. this past year has been the worst they treat meet like im the oddball and baiscally ignore me. all of this makes me wanna use more. I am sappose to move out this next month with my girlfriend but seems like all my money goes to the drugs.. also my releationship with her has gone down hill because of this.

2 days ago i couldnt get my hands on anything so i said to myself this is it.. this is the time to stop. yesturday was the first day.. i had a 512 perk that i found and took it in the am.. came out of work and felt like ******************** and couldnt stop crying.. my mind is going crazy.. i work 6am to 2pm m-f and since my legs were already starting to ache and i couldnt sleep i called out..

and now im here trying to find help on how to handle this withdrawl.. my brother gave me a couple of suboxones and i took half of one and i feel alittle better.. but i dont want to depend on drugs anymore.. i want my life back, i want my natural energy and happiness back..

any help on how to cope with the withdrawls.. considering i have to work everyday and i cant go on a clinic.. i want to do it cold turkey but im not sure if im strong enough.. also is there any good blogs or jorunals out there that i can join that people are going through the same thing as me? seems like nobody in my life can understand. ty

hello! i have my own story i could share with you if you'd like! PM me and we can talk.
    ill be here for your support

MasterSe7en is offline New Member

Hi Miam, well, i hate to say this, but im in the same predicament as you are, i work 6 days a week, and its a job that needs me to work outside and climb ladders and run wires and stuff, but anyway heres my story, and i hope maybe we can help each other through this.

This all started when i fell off the ladder at work, i ended up going to the ER

i ended up fracturing my tail bone, so i was in alot of pain, the doctor asked if

i had ever taken any pain medication or any other medication for that matter, i told him i wasnt on anything and no ive never even seen a pain pill before, im 24 years old now, back then i was 22, he had prescribed me watson 933's which are the 5MG/325's i beleive, i know theyre 5MG, anyway when i would take them they would make me feel nautious and i would end up throwing up, so i didnt like them very much, but i was in so much pain, i had no clue so i just kep popping them, eventually i built up a tolerance to them and i went back to the doc, he then gave me 10MG 932's which made me feel better but since i had a crazy gag reflex i still hated taking them because they were so big, so i went back to him and he gave me 10's with no asprin or w/e is in them, they were small, so then after having them for about 9 months, he just cut me off, i was like OK great! i feel awesome, 8 hours later i started to feel like Hell, i called the doc again and told him i have something wrong with me, i feel terrible, he told me to come in, after a few tests he said "Oh! its nothing ur just withdrawing from the pain pills" i was like "What do u mean withdrawing?!" he said that >> become dependant on them and gave me a pamphlet to a rehab, that was out of the question since i worked 6 days a week, i cant go be in patient!, anyway i seeked out ways to get them myself, after about 5 months i ended up finding someone who sold 30's with no asprin and not the OC's i have been on those for over 2 years now.. Thats not the worse of it, i met my girlfriend about the time i started doing the 30's she too has gotten addicted to them, now we have been doing anywhere from 2 a day each to 4 a day each, last sunday we had no money and no means of getting any, we were in the worse pain imaginable, i cant operate without these in my system, its terrible, we stopped once back about a year ago, i got onto suboxones and she ended up taking like 4 subs and then stopping completely, about 2 months later i ran out of subs, i couldnt get them anymore, but i had become dependant on the sub, so then i started taking 30's again, ever since then i havent stopped and now me and my girlfriend are now engaged so shes my fiance now, im scared, very scared, ive lost intrest in work im always depressed, i actually sell 30's now but i keep on doing my own product and have no more money so i have to wait till i get paid from work to pay for them, and im talking like 3-400 dollars every 2 days, its terrible, i dont know what to do, ive tried going just on the sub but my tolerance is so high that even on the sub i still feel the pain, im so scared i love my fiance so much i dont want to lose her, i dont want to lose my apartment im late on my bills, im in such trouble with these stupid pills! we never have money anymore, luckily i havent started selling any of my things,(i will never go that low) weve never shot anything up either, worse weve done is the perc 30's but our plan was to cut down to maybe 1 a day or half of 1 a day and then try the subs or just stop all together, that has proved being very hard, all my friends have succumbed to the same problem with these pills, its an epidemic, im extremely scared that if i dont stop ill end up in the gutter somewhere with nothing, i dont want anyone to find out that i have this problem, none of my family knows, but the thing im so scared of is not having any pills, im afraid of the pain, if the pain went away >> be happier, does anyone have any suggestions on how to treat the withdrawal? are there any home remedies that will make it go away? or make it less? i dont want to go to rehab, i dont want anyone to know, and i dont want to get on methodone either, my "Dealer/Friend" is on Methodone and he tells me its liquid handcuffs once u get on it u cant get off, i dont want to go from 1 drug to the other, i just want to stop, my only chance is to see if i have any vacation time to take from work so i can just lay in bed and deal with it, without losing my job, and it makes me want to cry when i see my fiance in the same pain, i dont want her to hurt, but i know its something well have to deal with, >> love some help, moral help will be great, but if something more can be offered i would be greatful, its difficult, and i know how everyone feels, i just wish i was as strong as i used to be. Anyway ill stop rambling i hope this helps you somehow