TRAZODONE Question
    MofockinTetsuya is offline New Member

Default TRAZODONE Question

SO I use to be prescribed to Trazodone 100 mg. I stopped taking it just about a year ago. We'll I've been having problems every now and again sleeping. I still have the last bottle full of them. I filled them in Feb 2007. Are they still good cause I was trying to find something to help me sleep. I tried looking it up on the web but got different answers. Was just wondering if it would be bad to take a nighttime before I goto sleep seeing how I use to sleep wonderful when taking them. As a side not I have tried sleep aides but nothing seems to be helping. Thanks

My bad I thought I hit the other link, sorry for posting in the wrong section
    Last edited by MofockinTetsuya; 06-28-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MofockinTetsuya View Post
    SO I use to be prescribed to Trazodone 100 mg. I stopped taking it just about a year ago. We'll I've been having problems every now and again sleeping. I still have the last bottle full of them. I filled them in Feb 2007. Are they still good cause I was trying to find something to help me sleep. I tried looking it up on the web but got different answers. Was just wondering if it would be bad to take a nighttime before I goto sleep seeing how I use to sleep wonderful when taking them. As a side not I have tried sleep aides but nothing seems to be helping. Thanks

My bad I thought I hit the other link, sorry for posting in the wrong section

I am only speaking from personal experience but I have never thrown a bottle of medication away simply due to age unless it was very old antibiotics. Regular scripts like trazodone are not going to be hurt after a year I don't think. I could never notice any problems at least. I'm sure there is a point where medications lose effectiveness, expire or what have you. But I think the pharmaceutical companies just put a date on the package to sell more. I really do. It's kind of like the deal with shampoo where it says ..." lather, rinse, repeat." I won't say I have never washed my hair twice, but I didn't do it because I was paying attention to the writing on the package. Sometimes these marketing people think we are totally stupid. Cracks me up.

mgl
    mgl is offline Junior Member

In general, drugs expiration date is 2-5 years from production date. This means that before expiration date, right conserved drugs can maintain at least 90% of their efficacy.