Trazadone?
    Katwontlisten is offline Junior Member

Default Trazadone?

In addition to starting the Suboxone 4 days ago, the Dr gave me a script for 100 mg of Trazadone to take at bedtime obviously to help me sleep. Does anybody know anything about this drug? Kathy(hydro free 11/3/11)

KLSLNS is offline New Member

It will help u sleep. My doc prescribed it for sleep along with SSRI. when i looked it up it should not be combined with a drug like SSRI so regardless what the doc says i won't take it.

KLSLNS is offline New Member

Also, if u do take it, u will be very dizzy after about 10-15 min. don't panic and don't move around too fast. it's better than ambien because it's not addictive like ambien.

Thanks for the info. I have taken ambien and it made me a total zombie. I don't want it ever again. This is day 4 of suboxone and my anxiety level is creeping up on me. Hopefully the Trazadone will mellow me out a bit. I am trying to stay busy cleaning my house and staying active. Kathy (hydro free 11/3/11)

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katwontlisten View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have taken ambien and it made me a total zombie. I don't want it ever again. This is day 4 of suboxone and my anxiety level is creeping up on me. Hopefully the Trazadone will mellow me out a bit. I am trying to stay busy cleaning my house and staying active. Kathy (hydro free 11/3/11)
    Hi Kat,

Trazadone is a fairly safe drug, not addictive, and very unlikely to trigger you back to using narcotics. We use it occasionally with newly clean/sober women where I work, so it's passed the "safe for drug addicts" test! It won't help with anxiety (like "mellowing you out") - it's meant for sleep, that's all. It shouldn't leave you groggy in the morning, either. Take it 15-30 minutes before bedtime, and be aware that it may work quickly. One of our docs said, tell the ladies to lean toward their bed when they take the pill...

Congrats on your recovery - hold on tight, it's worth every bit of effort!

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Thanks for the kind words Ruth. It is day 6 and I am feeling good. I got paid yesterdayand it was so great not having to spend it all on pills. I actually paid bills. My energy level is getting up there. In a few days I am going to follow Robert's advice an taper my sub to 6mg from 8mg. I am going to my first NA meeting tonite and I am looking forward to it. I realize that braking free from this addiction is 100% mental. You have to truly be ready and want to do it. If you have any doubts it will not work. Good luck to everyone going thru this. It can be done if you really want it. Take it day by day and we will get there. Kathy (hydro free 11/3/11)