Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2529
Like Tree395Likes
The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BooDay View Post
    Soma will definatly knock you out. Take 4-5 350mg Somas, break in half, swallow and you'll be asleep in 25-35 min!

The Thomas Recipe is designed to help people get past the physical withdrawal from opiates. It's a tool to help with recovery from drug addiction.

Soma is a powerful muscle relaxant, and is often abused. This "advice" to take 4-5 times the normal dose is dangerous, and not recommended for anyone who is trying to overcome drug addiction. Overdoses of soma have doubled in the past 5 years, as folks make the mistake of thinking this drug is somehow "safe." It is not completely safe, especially not in high dosages. And it is not recommended as a tool to overcome addiction. There are a number of safer suggestions for sleep aids - and the idea of recovery is to get past abusing drugs to feel better!

Please consider who you're advising, when you post this kind of advice. Suggesting abuse of a muscle relaxant can spell serious harm to another person. God bless.

nichollelea and David-R like this.

kentuckybabe is offline New Member

Great post, very helpful information in there.

I found the hot baths with Epson salt really helped me relax some and was good to do multiple times per day and definitely before bedtime. Would make the water as hot as could comfortably take and it was the best part of my days during wd.

ToeCutter is offline New Member

I can attest that the Thomas Recipe works exceptionally well. I'm in Day 3 of kicking after about 2 years on hydro, probably 100-150 mgs per day. Started with the Thomas Recipe on Day One and it wasn't too bad, but I felt like ass on Day Two: Just no energy, impossible to get comfortable, etc. I doped out on Day Two, mixing some extra Valium (any benzo is a must for cold turkey) and some Flexeril (for muscle aches) and some grass. Tried to stay knocked out for most of the day.

Today, I upped 4X the amount of L-Tyrosine (was only taking 1000mg on Day's 1&2) and WOW, I suddenly have energy! It lasted a few hours, so I just took another nap and feel about 80%, something I never expected after tapering off the Sub. I took a LOOOONG time to taper off the Sub, even though I was down to 0.25 mg a day, and STILL had withdrawals for about 9 days. Coming off Sub gives way more WD's than the hydro. I know hydro has a short half-life, which is why I never went with to Oxy (although I did mix the two once or twice, and didn't suffer any WD's from stopping the Oxy so long as I was on hydro?)

A few others things that make me feel so much better:

- Everything in the Thomas Recipe
    - Bathes (Oh man, you'll feel so much better even after a short one, make it as hot as you can stand it)
    - Nutritional Yeast (Heath food stuff, but is like speed when you're WD'ing. Lots of of good stuff in there, lotsa energy when drank with OJ. Tastes nasty, drink it with a straw)
    - Flexeril (for the muscle spasms, don't over do it, or you'll feel groggy all day)
    - Valium (or Xanax, although you build up tolerance to Xanax so fast. You'll have to kick them as well)
    - Ensure (4 per day, you won't be hungry and these little guys will keep the nutrients flowing)
    - Fish Oil Pills (GNC)
    - 5 HTP (GNC)
    - SAMe (GNC)
    - DLPA (This is a biggy, as it regulates your own endorphins, and slows their re-uptake leaving more in the blood)

I still can't believe I'm not writhing in agony as I was with the Sub. I don't feel great, but I feel good, much better than yesterday. No headache, sweat, minimal leg cramps, I think I'm coming down hill, we'll see tomorrow. I just wanted to reassure everyone else here that this recipe does seem to work well. I took only a few of these items with the Sub, and damn it was painful. These last few days have a cake walk compared to Sub. I'll NEVER take that >>>> again.

Lastly, don't be so afraid to stop the narcs. I woke up this morning for the first time in years w/o that feeling of dread, thinking about how many pills I was gonna crush for breakfast when I got into the kitchen. I know it's gonna be a long ride, but I could have done this so long ago, and saved myself the agony and about $1000/month I was spending on hydro. I was scared >>>>less after coming off Sub, but this has been maybe half as bad as the Sub. And FAST too! I'll be ready to get back out into the world tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone out there....
    holemaker, mwaqar and nichollelea like this.

jtownjem is offline New Member

Default First post

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Stay away from this rapid detox it's not good and people have died doing it.They charge a large sum of money for knocking you out and then filling you up with nalaxone.There is no quick way to overcome addiction don't give your money to these people use it for real treatments.....Dave
    I am starting to really suffer WD symptoms today. I have 3 10/325 hydrocodones and 27 5/500 hydrocodones but I was taking 160mg of morphine er and 20mg of methadone every 12 hrs. I have taken pain meds for the last 10 years and the dea/fbi just shut down my dr. I was a legitimate pain patient and suffer from severe back pain every minute of every day. With no doctor and limited pain pills left, I am facing detox. I took 3 5mg valiums and dextro cough syrup last night and got 7 hrs of sleep. I blacked out this morning after taking a drink of carbonated soda and wore it. It was so much carbonation that I couldnt swallow it but didnt want to spit it out. My wife blames my pills for it but I have came close to this before after drinking soda too fast.

I'm glad I found this forum. I hope I can make it through this. I went to church this morning like I do every Sunday. I hope God helps us all beat this horrible hell.

John in Johnstown, PA

leogirl1980 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtownjem View Post
    I am starting to really suffer WD symptoms today. I have 3 10/325 hydrocodones and 27 5/500 hydrocodones but I was taking 160mg of morphine er and 20mg of methadone every 12 hrs. I have taken pain meds for the last 10 years and the dea/fbi just shut down my dr. I was a legitimate pain patient and suffer from severe back pain every minute of every day. With no doctor and limited pain pills left, I am facing detox. I took 3 5mg valiums and dextro cough syrup last night and got 7 hrs of sleep. I blacked out this morning after taking a drink of carbonated soda and wore it. It was so much carbonation that I couldnt swallow it but didnt want to spit it out. My wife blames my pills for it but I have came close to this before after drinking soda too fast.

I'm glad I found this forum. I hope I can make it through this. I went to church this morning like I do every Sunday. I hope God helps us all beat this horrible hell.

John in Johnstown, PA
    Hey I too just found this page recently by the miracles of the google search bar. I've read pretty much the entire thread and must've searched withdrawing at home in one way or another a million times. Some stories are way worse than mine some comparable. My battles are with norco 10/325 because I like the feeling the I can really get something done. I stated taking them for a toothache and soon discovered their recreational benefit. I work in a bar so obviously I partake in said activities which I know is dangerous combination. I feel it Thursday thru Sunday mornings. I realized I've been using for 3 1/2 years but only recently have I been more open with my use. Yestersay i had only 1 10/325 norc and 2 5/500 mg vicodin. today im just feeling super lazy I want to feel that burst of energy I get when it kicks in. I feel like I can deal with anything else if I could just have that.
    mwaqar likes this.

robbie-ny is offline New Member

ARTIST658
    Soma is a powerful muscle relaxant, and is often abused. This "advice" to take 4-5 times the normal dose is dangerous, and not recommended for anyone who is trying to overcome drug addiction. Overdoses of soma have doubled in the past 5 years, as folks make the mistake of thinking this drug is somehow "safe." It is not completely safe, especially not in high dosages. And it is not recommended as a tool to overcome addiction. There are a number of safer suggestions for sleep aids - and the idea of recovery is to get past abusing drugs to feel better!

Artist - while I agree taking 4 - 5 Soma is very dangerous, do you not think that using 1-2 at night to help W/D / RLS instead of valium as Thomas recipe states is ok? I have a bottle of Soma and no valium or Xanax at my disposal. My only other option is Cyclobenzaprine. thanks.
    Last edited by robbie-ny; 07-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Leafblower is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-14-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Syorkshirelad is offline New Member

Hi, if you can't get Valium can you get subutex ?? For me I have tried every detox around, and this is the best way ( for me ) the first day have 8 mil, 2nd day have 6 mil, 3rd day have 4, 4th day have 2mil, then the 5th have a few crumbs.. And the 6th day even less crumbs!!! You can eat, walk!!! Sleep you just feel sweaty, stomache ache And a bit down... A 100th of a 'proper rattle' I didn't believe it till I tried it!! Regardless of your habit!! If after a couple of hours you do feel really bad take another 2 mil.. Just remember to take half the amount the next day. Good luck, and iF you try this method... The relief and happiness you will feel is amazing, and the knowledge that this time you will be clean gives you so much strength! Ive helped 3 friends come clean this way.. 1 had a massive >>>>>> and methodone habit and on day 5 I gave him a paracetamol, day 6 half of one and day 7 I told him... He couldn't believe it!!! Nearly 10 years of having a habit and he was clean in a week with no real rattle!

missveronica is offline New Member

well of course codeine is going to help you with w/d's IT'S AN OPIATE

missveronica is offline New Member

Syorkshirelad-This is wonderful news for me-I often wondered if I could taper that quickly-I am inspired and am going to try this immediately only with something other than Subutex-is that the same as Suboxone?? (I am in Canada)

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syorkshirelad View Post
    Hi, if you can't get Valium can you get subutex ?? For me I have tried every detox around, and this is the best way ( for me ) the first day have 8 mil, 2nd day have 6 mil, 3rd day have 4, 4th day have 2mil, then the 5th have a few crumbs.. And the 6th day even less crumbs!!! You can eat, walk!!! Sleep you just feel sweaty, stomache ache And a bit down... A 100th of a 'proper rattle' I didn't believe it till I tried it!! Regardless of your habit!! If after a couple of hours you do feel really bad take another 2 mil.. Just remember to take half the amount the next day. Good luck, and iF you try this method... The relief and happiness you will feel is amazing, and the knowledge that this time you will be clean gives you so much strength! Ive helped 3 friends come clean this way.. 1 had a massive >>>>>> and methodone habit and on day 5 I gave him a paracetamol, day 6 half of one and day 7 I told him... He couldn't believe it!!! Nearly 10 years of having a habit and he was clean in a week with no real rattle!

There is a specific protocol for using suboxone or subutex properly which is outlined for this forum here:

The plan (on the thread I listed) is very clear of HOW and WHEN to start taking it - the dose to take (which is generally 4mg or less, since the less we use the better) and how to safely taper off gradually over time. When folks follow this plan, their withdrawal is minimal. I seriously have no idea how anyone can use your plan successfully.

This is the plan most on this forum use - and also the same plan that is utilized in the treatment center where I work. I have never seen someone rush from 8 mg of subs to none in a week - and I would NEVER suggest it. This sounds absolutely horrific, in my opinion. The long half-life is probably what made it possible to get through such dramatic reductions, but the withdrawal by the end is going to be miserable.

When subs are used incorrectly, they can completely backfire, making the withdrawal much, much worse than simply going "cold turkey." That is what I believe would happen with this new plan you proposed.

It concerns me greatly that you have posted this plan here - and I strongly advise against anyone trying it. This thread is about the Thomas Recipe for withdrawal - which is a plan for managing symptoms through withdrawal without narcotics. This thread is not about a plan for suboxone use, which is covered elsewhere on this forum.

It truly disturbs me that someone would heed this advice, as it is contrary to any professional opinion I know about on the use of suboxone or subutex. I work with newly recovering women in a long-term treatment center - which has given me extensive experience with drug withdrawal and suboxone/subutex use. Our protocol of use is overseen by a medical team.

I urge anyone who is interested in properly using suboxone or subutex to read the thread in this forum, that I listed above.

God bless,
    Ruth
    iloerose likes this.

peptalk7o7 is offline New Member

Hey everyone my names sean and I have been intrigued by all ur guys stories on here I thank u cuz it has really inspired me to finally quit takin norcos. I am ashamed to say that my tolerance has become so ridiculously high that i take 15-20 10/325 yellow norcos at a time and only when I come down am I concerned about my liver?? doesnt make anysense I first started with one just to have sex with my gf all night that was the worst decision of my life cuz now my life revolves around the drug..sick thing is I am in no pain at all I'm 27 and weigh about 160 I'm assuming thats a pretty healthy bmi..I am a smart intellectual person but most of all a pathological liar..I feel so ashamed that I have manipulated the one person who has been there for me my whole life and she still sticks by my side (my grandma) although she doesn't know I'm using now..I'm sick of being ungrateful towards my loved ones..so i come here as a man asking for some help.I just hope one of u can relate to my story..knowing my addictive personality and knowing if i have the pills in my possession I will consume them all I am going to quit cold turkey..I am on day one and i can't stop thinking and oh yea I have to go to work in 5 hours 2 am to noon..I'm dreading the outcome but I'm sick of feeling sick and tired..please help me and advise me the best methods to quit

BookishBG is offline New Member

Default Thank you Thomas

I'm detoxing from opiates for at least the 3rd time and have found the Thomas recipe, this site, and having a supportive companion by my side more helpful than I can say. But I will Say anyway. I really wasn't sure I could do it, but I am nearly through day 2 and feeling better than I ever have at this stage, and confident this will be the last time I deal with this. Like many of you, I had a difficult childhood and it probably started there. Doesn't everything? I started using low-level drugs in high school, mostly to be cool and deal with some issues at home. I was always a good student and knew that college was my ticket out of the town I grew up in, which I had little love for. Despite my pot smoking and class cutting, I managed to do well in HS and get a scholarship to a really good university. But I didn't find peace there and fell in with a very fast crowd. Think mid-90s rave culture taken to the extreme. Ironically, I never became physically addicted to anything, but my mental world was a disaster. I ended up leaving school, getting myself together, and ultimately returning to get the best grades of my life. I graduated! Before long, I met an achingly charismatic man and we started painting the night red every night, party treats included. I had earned it right? To finally be having the time of my life! It took me too long to realize how bad he was for me, but I eventually did. I let go of him and the party treats, without an addiction in tow, thankfully. I had taken pain pills several times over the years, sometimes legitimately, sometimes not. I've had a ton of dental issues, a bad back, and have seriously injured my ankle about a 1/2 dozen times. But the greater pain has always been in my head and heart, and I have always known that. I distinctly remember saying to myself on the occasions that I would obtain pills legitimately or otherwise, that I was glad I didn't have easy access, b/c I would be in trouble. I liked them way too much. Fast forward several years and I meet a wonderful man who is committed to making many of our shared dreams come true. A home. Financial security. A HEALTHY family. All that I ever wanted. I have a good job too, but still, that aching void. By all outside accounts, my life is going well. But no one knows what lurks beneath. And then, that easy access that I knew would undo me, fell squarely in my lap. And I picked it up and ran with it. I wont say I never looked back. I looked back many times. 'I should stop now. It will only get worse. I shouldn't be wasting money like this. Hiding it from my husband. What am I becoming?' But it was going to be a rough w/d and I knew it. I was ashamed, didn't tell a soul. I had always dabbled in drugs, but I never let it get the best if me. I wore that like a badge of honor. A tongue out to the squares. My husband had mentioned in passing many times as we watched 'Intervention' that he could never be with someone like THAT! Little did he know that he already was. I, somehow, was simply functional. I was successful and stable. I paid my bills, excelled at work, did all the right things. But guess what... ssshh... percs helped a lot! Have a deadline? They sure help out! Need to get things done at home? Lets do it!! Unlike the party drugs of the past, percs helped me be a more productive and happy person, around the clock, 24/7. It was too easy. Pop a pill, any time, anywhere, no secrecy, no apparatus needed, no smell. Its MEDICINE after all. Until they aren't. I'm sure I don't need to explain. I tried to quit at least 3 times before with limited amounts of success. But this time, I feel strong. Thomas' Recipe is a god-send. I am at the end of day 2 and feeling better than I ever have at this stage. I've adjusted it a bit for my needs, as should you. Please be careful w/ the benzodiazepines. The recipe calls for an awful lot. I've taken about 5 Xanax in the past 2 days and am feeling good. Granted, I was taking about 70mg of percs a day and I understand that greater addictions may require more benzodiazepines, but please, be careful. Eat small healthy meals including lots of bananas. Drink lots of water. Multivitamins. Hot baths... and the lavender Epsom salts from CVS made the bath extra lovely, almost like a spa! I find chocolate helps. And some may disagree, but I think Mary Jane is your friend at this tough time. And I have found reading about Buddhist teaching to help me. But the absolute biggest difference between this time and all of the others is that I came clean to my husband. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do to tell the man who warned that he would never be with a person like THAT. I hid from it and destroyed myself for 3 years for fear of saying those words and asking for help. But he reminded me that I am not a person like THAT. And neither are you. I am me. His wife. Who he loves. And I deserve compassion and help, as much as you do. So he's helping me. Asking what I need. Turning up the hot water heater so that I can take extra hot baths. Buying me chocolate.

Don't do it alone. That's my greatest advice. Tell someone you can trust, and let them help you, if even only over the phone. When I get through this, and I will, I need to address that void. I think I've already started. Best of luck to you all. You are not alone. I would finally rather be better than only feel better, til next time. Lets help each other.

Thinking of u Sean. How are u doing?

Default Day 3, the toughest yet

Day 3, not feeling as good as the first 2 days. My back is killing me, which is why I started taking these to begin w/. I just took 2 Advil and will take a hot soak soon. I hope it helps , but either way, I am not giving up. About to eat a banana and take my vitamins. So thankful I don't have any responsibilities until Wed. Having to function through w/d is usually what set me back. I couldn't do it. But I'm hanging tough. Good luck to you all.
    mwaqar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peptalk7o7 View Post
    Hey everyone my names sean and I have been intrigued by all ur guys stories on here I thank u cuz it has really inspired me to finally quit takin norcos. I am ashamed to say that my tolerance has become so ridiculously high that i take 15-20 10/325 yellow norcos at a time and only when I come down am I concerned about my liver?? doesnt make anysense I first started with one just to have sex with my gf all night that was the worst decision of my life cuz now my life revolves around the drug..sick thing is I am in no pain at all I'm 27 and weigh about 160 I'm assuming thats a pretty healthy bmi..I am a smart intellectual person but most of all a pathological liar..I feel so ashamed that I have manipulated the one person who has been there for me my whole life and she still sticks by my side (my grandma) although she doesn't know I'm using now..I'm sick of being ungrateful towards my loved ones..so i come here as a man asking for some help.I just hope one of u can relate to my story..knowing my addictive personality and knowing if i have the pills in my possession I will consume them all I am going to quit cold turkey..I am on day one and i can't stop thinking and oh yea I have to go to work in 5 hours 2 am to noon..I'm dreading the outcome but I'm sick of feeling sick and tired..please help me and advise me the best methods to quit
    You're not alone in this Sean. I'm on day 3. How are you doing??

mwaqar is offline New Member

Default I'm new, its my first day.

Hi to All, I'm from Pakistan, i'm 43 years old, i'm on opium since 8 years, today is my first day of with drawl, i have searched a lot on net for the cure from opium with drawl and finally i found this "The Thomas Recipe", I thing its great all the medicines which r mentioned r easily available. Thanks to all and plz pray for me also.

Regards
    Waqar

Quote Originally Posted by 2GoodAtLookingNormal View Post
    BooDay,
    I believe you are talkin about Soma the prescription and that guy was talkin about OTC Unisom.
    But really IDK what to take to knock me out, seeing as how I am up this late here...Someone I know did have a script for Soma and it knocked her out after about 30-45 min...But as far as me, I am just taking Melatonin and Valerian Root because I already take too many Advil during the day to take more in the PM.
    Not getting sleep is pretty cruel on anyone, so wishing everyone some zzz's

JBurn is offline New Member

Can anyone help me out on this. I am new here.i have been
    On 20 hydro and 30 soma for years I have to stop and am done.
    I will be going to sprouts in a bit but my question is, this "friend" gave me a few subs
    To help out and I took my last dose of 2 hydro and 3 soma last night at 7 and woke up at 4am
    And took a quarter of sub. I feel like >>>>.i don't want any Vic's or soma though. I also don't want
    To take subs ever again. I after taking the sub then read that I should be off of
    Vic's for 24 hour. Now what? Just follow thomas? Idk?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Yup, follow the Thomas Recipe. You took the sub too soon after you took the vicodin, you can end up with precipitated w/d. You are going to feel like ???? for about a week, but you can get through this.

Stay hydrated: water and good fruit juices
    gatorade for cramping and hydration
    If rls gets you try hyland's restful leg or calme's forte

Good luck, you may want to start your own thread under need to talk for more support.

Peace,

Iloerose

Just started a thread. Thanks for advice. I knew I screwed
    Myself by taking stupid sub!

When is this nasty sub taste gonna go away

Purplebars is offline New Member

Day 2: Hasn't been so bad as far as feeling lethargic and just plain groggy with no energy. Anyways I have a thread as well but i'll keep updating here until the end of Day 4. Which I hope I will be feeling back to somewhat normal - to where I can go out and function. Thanks Thomas & Everyone on here

Morning of day two. I got every thing for
    The recipe except Valium yesterday until
    Last night got my hands on a few and dam
    I feel better. Slept for hours. Now feel fairly
    Relaxed compared to yesterday thank guys

I have been dt on second day and it
    Is a nightmare to put something down.
    Day 1banana half an apple, 2 muscle milk
    Shakes and today can't think about food.
    I need to eat and can't

Quote Originally Posted by JBurn View Post
    I have been dt on second day and it
    Is a nightmare to put something down.
    Day 1banana half an apple, 2 muscle milk
    Shakes and today can't think about food.
    I need to eat and can't
    Try ensure and just chug it haha. It'll give you all the nutrients you need - I also take it with the vitamins from the recipe even though your supposed to wait an hour i usually wait 25-30 minutes.

Mike

Day 3:

Still feeling lethargic and drowsy but overall im feeling good. I think by the end of Day 4 i'll be back at it. I am even trying to get out today and do a few things. Anyone with RLS eat bananas or drink OJ they both have potassium in it - or do both.

mwaqar is offline New Member

Its 2nd day, its worse today, cant sleep body is itching like eating from inside. hope to get sleep tonight.

mwaqar

Day 4

RLS was kicking my ass last night. Tried going to sleep @ around 10pm didn't fall asleep till around 1am, then slept through the night til about 7am. I feel pretty good today gonna go swim for a little bit, from what im feeling im pretty much through it. I know people say it takes weeks but im on Day 4 & I can be active if I need to. I'll update w Day 5 & hopefully be almost 100%

Mike

I feel your pain. I am day 2 and feels like I am being shredded

Yeah I am feeling to wack to drive. I need ensure.
    I have everything in place for the recipe and the v's help a lot to rest

Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast