Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2538
Like Tree395Likes
The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal
    dopesik4life is offline New Member

Heres just a quick bit of fact coming from a pro of opiate withdrawl as ive abused herion for over 20 years and have tried everything in between. Tapering can only get u so far at some point we have to face the demon of withdrawl and thats a part of addiction. ive had wd smyptoms from a runny nose to kidney failure.....no joke.. just to know in your mind that you did it to your self and its time to be accountable for your actions should help with the pain cause u did it to yourself so man up. theres no way around it. sorry to be so vauge but you do t need remedies you need realities...u keep doin opiates youll keep goin thru wds...best abvise i can give you is dont give up but its all about what one really wants we all have a choice and for some maybe the miserable existance of wd might keep a few clean cause its lile being sicker than uve ever seen someone to the tenth power and thats the truth....... good luck to all especially those on the dirt.......layne staley said it best....we pay our debts on time..cause its over now

DIGITALDEATH is offline New Member

Thanks man this has helped me soooooo ????ing much i have been a junkie for like six years and i have detoxed like 12 times always at an inpatient rehabb anytime i tried too detox at home i could not handle withdrawal but mostly not sleeping so i would go use so i could sleep man i can not thank you enough i fn love you bro junkie too junkie truely

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Once you're past the physical withdrawal, next comes the hard part - STAYING stopped!!! Don't sabotage your success by thinking the worst is behind you! We can't stay clean for any length of time all on our own; we need help. Get to some NA or AA meetings and listen. The 12-step program is the essential tool that will help us to learn how to cope with life - and all it's ups and downs - without returning to the drugs.

To find a meeting:

NA http://www.na.org/
    AA http://www.aa.org/

I want you to succeed! This disease is a devious, complex monster to overcome. It will wreak havoc on your thinking and your emotions. It will whisper suggestions in your ear, like, "It's ok to just have *one* - you can handle *one.*" It'll tell you that it wasn't *that* bad. Please - try the meetings. Listen. Keep an open mind. I pray you do this for yourself.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

buckeye2012 is offline New Member

Default Day 2

So I have been addicted to vicoden for about 2 years. Taking about 5-6 750 mg a day. And I have desided I'm tired of spending money on these things and always being broke Cus of my addiction. My main motivation is my son. I want to be a good example for him and how can I do that all f$%&ed up on drugs. Not a very good example..is it? So im on day 2 and I'm not doing too bad. I believe with all my heart I can do this. But some feed back from people that have been though it would be great.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You're doing good and going to get there! Go to the "need to talk" forum and on the blue bar to "thread starter" and start a thread there. You'll find more support on that board.
    You can do this! Stay strong and like Ruth's post above, have a plan about how you are going to stay clean.

Peace,

Iloerose

listless is offline New Member

I've been prescribed oxycontin, now oxycodone for 10 years. Yesterday I took my last 200 mgs. of oxycodone in the morning. When I woke up this morning I could feel the w/d's beginning. I had scored 6 sub strips yesterday b/c I knew I'd be sick. Well let me tell you something, BIG mistake! Though I was beginning the withdrawl, and started feeling those niggling little symptoms we all know so well, there must have still been a significant amount of opioids bonded to my receptors. I decided to shoot an 8 strip and figured 22hours was plenty of time. I immediately ran to the sink and was sick. It was the most horrible feeling in the world having those receptors stripped instantly. I was shaking, dizzy, sweating, crying, vomiting all within 1 minute of injection. Its now 7pm and ive taken 2 more strips orally, and I dont feel too bad because the opiate molecules are already stripped. In the past i felt tremendous relief with suboxone, you simply must wait until the withdrawl is really quite bad. Please dont make the mistake i did. It is hurrendous!
    As far as the detox plan thats been posted, Ive tried the benzos and the soaks and they've helped amazingly well. The soaks help with the RLS, but only for a time. Then you must soak again. I have a prescription for klonopin but i abuse those as well, so much to the point that i could take 20mg and feel no affect. For sleep I use Trazadone and it works like a dream. Perhaps I should take my klons now, perhaps i sholud wait. There really is no way around experiencing some sort of discomfort. I just signed up to this an hour ago. Thanks guys!

chryosis is offline New Member

Smile Starting Thomas Recipe

I have been addicted to various opiates including hydrocodone and tramadol. Currently I am not taking hydrocodone, and was prescribed Tramadol by my doctor. I've been taking Tramadol for about a year, and hydrocodone on and off for about a year and a half. My tolerance for hydrocodone is so high, that in order to get what I need from a 10mg vicodin, I must take at least 5 of them at once, but I've never taken anymore than 7. Currently I am taking Tramadol at 7 per day and as long as I have Tramadol, I do not feel the need to take hydrocodone, yet the "buzz" is not the same. My doctor is tapering my tramadol dose down such that I tend to run out before it is time to get a refill on my script, and I've gone through several periods of w/d and malaise, leaving the runs almost unnoticed, as I seem to have that every day as well. I am tired of purchasing these drugs from the street of course, which left me only one option, the Thomas Recipe. I recently lost my insurance due to a plant shutdown, so I can no longer see a doctor in order to see if I could get Valium or whatever, so I decided to try and use Benadryl for the RLS. I am currently on day 3 with no Tramadol, and I'm hoping this recipe will get me through day 4, which is said to be the worst. I am still looking for L-Tyrisine, but cannot find it any of the local stores such as CVS, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart. Tomorrow I am going to the GNC inside the mall to see if they have it. I will keep you guys updated and let you know how it works! Thanks for the recipe in advance if it really does work!

beotch66 is offline New Member

I am trying to help a friend overcome his addiction to percocets . He has had back surgery so they are prescribed. He knows he is addicted but his pain is real so he needs them. How do I help him get through this?

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beotch66 View Post
    I am trying to help a friend overcome his addiction to percocets . He has had back surgery so they are prescribed. He knows he is addicted but his pain is real so he needs them. How do I help him get through this?
    we need some more info to be able to provide proper suggestions and advice. like how much is he taking and how often. u should also begin a new thread in a different section to receive the most input.

go back to the main page and look for the "need to talk" section. on the left side near the top is a blue box that reads begin new thread or close to that. click on it and name ur thread.

good for u trying to help a friend.

daddysgurl is offline New Member

I'd rather be snowboarding too. Addiction is just as hard on the spouses. I'm watching my husband go through this right now. Hope this helps him.

beast457 is offline New Member

Oh, Listless, as you found out....NEVER take Suboxone/Subutex until you are in serious withdrawal from any opiate. It just puts you into severe withdrawal suddenly & exponentially, and could turn someone off to using it appropriately. One thing that does really help with the RLS and the insomnia, if you have a Dr. to prescribe it, is Neurontin or Lyrica. Of course that is an off-label use, but it really does work. (Not addictive like benzo's, although there are reports of abuse in order to get dizzy and 'foggy'....yuk). These are drugs used for seizure disorders or often for chronic pain, as they are thought to interrupt abnormal nerve impulses. People with chronic pain are often increased to large doses over time, like hundreds of milligrams.

beast457 is offline New Member

I forgot to mention that magnesium is a very important part of the Thomas Recipe. The recipe mentions it, but the unfortunate side effect of most Mg+ supplements is diarrhea, one thing that folks in withdrawal need NO more of ! There are slow-release forms available that don't cause the diarrhea, and are available without Rx (i.e. Mag-Tab SR from Niche Pharmaceuticals, look online ). Mg+ helps with the awful cold sweats, somewhat with the RLS, and a lot with muscle cramps. Worth a try.

Imgoodnow is offline New Member

Hello, i just wanted to say thank you, i have been reading everyones posts for about a month, im not going to get into my sob story but, i took myself off perc 30's cold turkey, 20 days ago, i am finally getting back to myself, and let me tell you, its a awesome feeling of accomplishment if i can do it, anyone can lol! My withdrawls actually went better than expected, i got a dinus infection so i figured it was time, idk if that helped but, whatever works! I also used immodium, excedrin migraine and advil, plus i was on antibiotics, also ended up getting a bladder infection, so after all that cleared, i feel like a whole different person. So thank you, this website i believe truley saved my life

Robertnicola is offline New Member

Hey what's up

ronnyman87 is offline Junior Member

Hello All,
    I'm REALLY hoping there are people on this thread still helping other get through the agony of wd's. I am a 25yo >>>>>> addict and am about 4 days away from starting my FINAL withdrawl from this ????. I would normally say 'hopefully my final time', but this time I really need to stop. I am tired of having no money, tired of just scraping by paycheck to paycheck, tired of the stress and risk, tired of the pains of need and having it control my everyday life, tired of my day surrounding when I do my next line. Ok enough with the sob story, as everyone one here has gone through the same. I have really enjoyed reading through the different posts and knowing so many people before me have gone through this and succeeded. I am really motivated to stop and I know I just need to man up and do it. SO that is what brings me here. I am looking for HELP. After reading through countless posts, I am doing the best I can to devise a plan to get through this is quickly and 'painlessly'(yea I know thats highly unlikely) as possible. In my opinion without a structured plan, there's no way I'm gonna make it through it.
    Right now I am a heavy user by anyones opinion. To my credit(if there is any), I have NEVER shot before in my life. I have only blown(snorted) and am wondering if there is any difference in WDs? In my personal experience, what I hate the most are the cold sweats, not being able to sleep, restless leg and the constant feeling of needing to stretch and never being comfortable. Any tips on how to combat these symptoms specifically would help a ton. I read clonidine helps with the sweats so I have acquired some of those, which if you read further you will see along with my 'plan for de-tox' if you will.
    I really like the idea of the Thomas Recipe, but I am having some trouble acquiring what I believe to be the main ingredient, valium. So what I will do for anyone that is willing to take a couple minutes and offer there advice and opinions to help me (which i GREATLY APPRECIATE) is list all the 'supplies' i have put together so far, as well as my 'plan for detox' as I am working out now. Obviously I am running out of days here as my current stash will be gone by Friday evening, but I've been thinking on this a long time and would really be thankful for any more tips or advice or suggestions or whatever you think may help!! SO here goes....
    At this point (Monday evening, countdown 4 days), for my de-tox plan I have managed to pull together: 10mg of suboxone, 10 tylenol M3s (the ones with codene), 6 Ativan, 6 clonidine, a couple random joint pain pills, 1 Ambien, and then all the other OTC stuff Tylenol PM, Aleve, Immodium, multi-vitamin, green tea, etc. I am really trying hard to find valium and xanax or klonopins, from what I can tell from the Thomas Recipe those two seem to be the main ingredients. If I'm lucky I'll find vals but I should be able to get 5-10 more ativan/kpins.
    SO my plan for right now is this. With the 10 mg suboxone I plan to take 1mg per day for the first 3 days, along with the other 'supplies' from above as I feel I need them. On day 4 I plan to drop to .75 for 3 more days. Then on day 7 drop to .5 for 3 days. After these 3 days, my plan is to take .5 and then skip a day. Then take .5 again and skip 2 days. Then drop to .25 and skip 3 days. By then I am hoping I can stop after the 3 days and be done with any symptoms. This plan would be about a 15-18 day de-tox, where I'm hoping to ween off relatively quickly. Right now my habit is around a gram per day, again all snorted not shot.
    I'm wondering if this is a better plan than just getting as many of the other pills above as possible and trying to use as little sub as possible over a 4-6 day detox, similar to the Thomas Recipe....
    Any help, advice, opinion, suggestions, WHATEVER is Really really appreciated. I am hoping to go into this with as much of a set plan as possible, and with help from experienced friends on the thread will really go a long way. Please ask any questions that will help you understand my current situation and help you with your suggestions/advice. Thanks in advance for your time reading this and replying!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Ronny,

First off, please read through the proper way to utilize suboxone BEFORE you start: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

If you take it too soon, before you are in full withdrawal, you'll suffer with precipitated withdrawals. It is imperative that you take it correctly, or it will create a bigger nightmare, rather than help. This is not a drug to just come up with your own plan for - it only works when it's done properly.

As far as the other drugs, the suboxone will block any opiate, that includes the codeine. Don't even go there. Besides, if we want to stop the drugs - and stay stopped - we need to avoid ANY opiates completely. One pill can trigger our disease back into action.

If you need to use the benzos (ativan, klonopin, xanax, etc.) for the first week, use it as a last resort. These drugs quickly lend themselves to dependency and addiction. The way out of addiction is abstinence, sorry to say. We can't stop one drug - and continue to use another. Our disease doesn't differentiate between them. So any mood-altering, addictive chemical is going to wake the monster that is addiction.

Feel free to start your own thread on here. I suggest you post under the "Need to Talk" forum, as that's where you'll get the most feedback. Support is essential, as this is too much to do on our own.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Hey Ruth,
    Thanks so much for getting back to me and your input. I have gone through a similar sub withdrawal in the past and am absolutely aware of having to wait a good 18-24 hours until im in full wd's before i use the first sub. And I totally understand that the benzos can just lead to more problems, but with what I'm planning to do I do believe I can use them when necessary during my wd...usually to help sleep and so on. I also forgot to mention in my last post that I will have some THC assistance as I read it has been very helpful to others, and always makes me feel better, less stressed, settles my stomach, and help me eat when I would normally not feel like eating anything. I really believe for my personal case, the benzos and bud will help me a ton. But again I really really appreciate the input and advice. I will try to start a thread as well and hopefully that gets me more responses!
    From your experience, would you suggest doing a quicker wd by just trying to 'tough it out' and only use a little bit of sub if necessary? Would that make sense or is it as dangerous as everyone says to go cold turkey? Or would it be better to try and slowly ween off with the 10mg of sub I have? I know the sub wd's can be much much worse, so I absolutely do not want to get stuck on those. My plan would be to take my doses every night so i can try to sleep during the night and then just get thru the day trying to occupy myself and not focus on the wd symptoms.. Any ideas? Thanks again!
    - Ronman

Also Ruth, thank you again for forwarding that link. I had read it in the past and re-reading it really helped me understand more and give me a better idea on my 'plan' with induction and then tapering...I'm thinking that is going to be the way to go for me....

But still looking for more advice, help, and suggestions!

I also re-posted in a new thread in "Need to Talk"...but for some reason it was deleted or I didn't complete it correctly. So I just re-posted it under: Opiate withdrawals to start at the end of this week.... Please help!
    Hopefully I will get some more replies, advice, and assistance there. Thanks again! Good luck to all(and myself)!

Don't know why your thread would be deleted. Re-post. Be glad to help you along.

Peace,

Iloerose

hey iloe
    Yes I did re-post it under:Opiate withdrawals to start at the end of this week.... Please help!
    WOuld really appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!
    - Ron

mabm is offline New Member

It seems from what I've personally witnessed is that everyones detox is a little different. One person I know pukes herself into being so dehydrated that she ends up in the hospital almost everytime. Another I kniow has never gotten even a tad bit queezy. The ppl that can sleep thru WD, All I can say is consider it a blessing. Btwn not sleeping, malaise and anxiety you get about ready to rip your own head off. For those who can't sleep my heart goes out to you. At least when you can sleep you have some sort of escape for part of a 24 hour period. There is hope for sleep though. I've found a few little tricks that help you at least get a 6 hour sleep. After day 3ish it'll jump to like 8 hours of sleep. Unfortunately when WD you would rather sleep for 4 days straight (or whenever ur turning from hot colds and restless legs over to a heightened level of anxiety and the very long depression). Coming off of subs or methadone may take a day or two longer. I do agree with whoever posted that 3 days of benzos is not long enough. I'd say 7 to 10 days at least but dont go too close to 2-3 weeks bc if I remember correctly thats about the amount of time that it takes your body to physically depend on benzos. Similar time frame as opiates (for first time users). Now this is the part where you need to use ur own judgement and be safe cause you're gonna guinea pig yourself for a day or so. I find valiums and ativans to be completely pointless. Probably eat the whole bottle or stash in a day just to find some sleep (dont do this btw) in the first 3-5 days depending on which opiate and how long you've been using and how much you use. What you want to find is kpins and xannax. if you can find both your golden. And trust me they are out there if you dont have an RX. Now heres the guinea pig part. Do the xannax and kpin together. xannax kick in faster and harder but leave quicker leaving you with a half night sleep. kpins stay in your system longer but arent as intense. mg to mg they are about the same strength just kpins spread out. i think if i remember correctly kpins last twice as long. so im estimating a xannax will help you for about 4 hours and a kpin for 8 for sleeping. start low. if you've experimented with benzos you may already know but if you havent then start low. i think starting with 1mg xannax and a 1 mg kpin dosing at the same time about an hour before bed would be safe. but im not a doctor I'm just going off what I've witnessed. Now for someone like the post i'm responding to itll most likely take more then just 2 1 mg benzos to knock you out. your more likely to want to find xannax bars which are always 2mg and can be broken 4 ways if needed. and couple that with 2mg of kpin and you should be asleep not too long after that. if thats still not working try to locate some trazadone. its an anti depressant (which cant hurt i would think) but it also makes you very sleepy. if you cant find it or your still having trouble then up ur benzo dosage. i'll leave that to you to decide what you think is a safe amount and what isnt. . i find sniffing them (if thats ur thing) is not as effective as swallowing them. just take em the right way trust me. plus one of the lower mg xannax burns like methadone. not fun. but if you insist on sniffing prob 1 mg kpins are the smoothest. minty no burn. should be green. still though it does work better if you swallow it. plus you want to put the addict behaviors behind you. so ppl with needle fixes. dont shoot em you totally waste it and you are also sending yourself straight back to relapsing because its not going to give you what you are looking for. only trigger you further. only double the xannax and kpins at night. during the day if you need to be awake then just use the kpins. prob about 1 mg should do the trick. maybe 2mg for ppl that are still having bad anxiety. if your looking for a fun high out of it its not it just makes you like blah so your brain just doesnt care. they will add to the lazy feeling you have though so once you get thru the worst physical part (hopefully you can just be on benzos for 4 days straight and sleep at least a few REM cycles) potassium for restless legs helps as well as the benzos and they do have otc restless leg meds that you can get as well if you get really bad restless legs. so benzos, potassium and vitamins you want to have before you start ur detox cause you need em for the start of it. i'd start taking em right after my last dose of whatever it is that you abuse. maybe not too close bc benzos and opiates could cause a deadly combo. especially if ur going to be having alcohol. another med that helps with anxiety and restless legs is clonidine no more then .2 per dose. alot of hospitals chose that one because its less addictive then benozos and the smart doctors prescribe it in a patch form so you cant go trying to abuse it. it lowers ur blood pressure though so i would def check if its safe to mix benzos with clonidine if your considering doing both. now for the good old hot and cold sweats. the hospital around me would prescribe a menopause med for hot flashes. but they have otc ones as well that do work quite well. just ask the pharmacist or do a little research and figure out which one you want. ok so now you get thru 3 days of hell maybe 5 if you went the methadone and sub route which i am so so so so against. why invent a drug to get you off of a drug that is still keeping you addicted to opiates but its even worse because the wds last longer! i do believe in crutches but its so much quicker and easier to just withdrawl and find some non opiate crutches. so you've gotten past the hot colds and restless legs and now malaise is going to be coming for ya. depression and lazyiness and such a lack of motivation. and we have lives we need to live so def get the L-Tyrosine for those malaise. its not gonna be a walk in the park but with some faith, will power and hopefully a good support network of friends and family you will get to 30 days. its sounds long i know but dont think of it as 30 days. think for in few day blocks. every 3-4 days you will notice an encouraging difference from the previous days. and these little tricks will keep you sane thru it all. your not gonna be at 100% for at least a month and thats for low dose users. but even for high dose users a month you'll notice such a strong difference that your brain will kind of think its at 100% comparing to the hell you made it thru. you'll be sleeping normal by then most likely. prob just need a natural otc sleep aid by that point. hopefully you've stopped the benzos way before the 30 day mark. i think on average 10 days of benzos for sleep... high doses for the first 4 days or so and then lower it down. supplement the loss of benzos with otc or rx sleep aid. something non habit forming preferably and continue the trazadone if the sleep aid isnt keeping you asleep thru the night. all you gotta do is get thru today. tomorrow is tomorrow. get the one more day complex out and gather up the meds that you think will help your specific needs. hopefully you will be able to find what you need and make the jump. you can come off 2 grams of >>>>>> a day with this method so you definitely should be able to make the jump from high doses. true it might be harder and require more mgs of crutches but it can be done. the tricky part is after about 10 days to 2 weeks you know 1 dose wont relapse you. so thats where you have to find some inner strength again. usually its the malaise that gets to you. you feel like its never gonna end and youll be miserable for the rest of your life. stop. dont negotiate with yourself. you cant spread it out. anyone whos been addicted to any opiate knows that. its the addict in us that brings us back. also if you do like weed. grab an ounce and smoke. some ppl get anxiety from weed so it may not be for you but most ppl i've witnessed it does help. dont let ppl scare you when they say itll be 6 months to a year before your feel normal. after 30 days the difference is dramatic enough that you will feel hope. if you can somehow get 10 days off to detox that should be enough to be able to go back to work and function more normally. some ppl maybe even less. in my opinion this is a good detox plan. i've witnessed another very unorthodox detox but i'll mention it because it worked for the person. and it was almost painless. for those of you who buy street drugs and just do it for a high. you may want to find some mdma. its going to get ur brain producing the feel good feeling that u are lacking. and since its not an opiate you can withdrawl without even feeling any withdrawls at all. problem is its illegal so do what you do but its a risk. and you can get addicted to it as well bc it does feel pretty damn amazing but it is much much easier to come off of then opiates. and if you do it as described you will not get a physical dependency. the way i saw it performed was for 3 days she took mdma consistently 2 to 3 times a day. low doses. you dont need to be rolling face and be a complete e tard about it. at the end of the 3 days the 4th day will be a low one. but your brain will be very tired and you will prob get some much needed sleep. and then what she did is mdma once a week for 3 more weeks just to pamper the addict side and have something to look foward too. and then once ur 30 days is behind you you'll be much more functioning. use the benzos and L-Tyrosine as needed in btwn mdma fixes as needed. just depends on whether you want to be awake or asleep. tailor it to your life. now i think the first detox i offered is far safer and much better if you are really trying to kill the addict in you. going to aa or na and all that. however for those who arent ready to put drugs down you may find the mdma works better for you. its important to get mdma and not ecstacy. ecstacy even though its rare can have >>>>>> in it (>>>>>> is an expensive cutting agent), and you'll start back at day 1. so go with mdma it should look like granulated sugar but definitely doesnt taste like it. white. but again this is your risk you may end up in jail detoxing with no meds for crutches in a very uncomfortable place. its def the devil drug. it holds onto you tight. and if you're on pills or >>>>>> pls do not trade one for the other and go to a methadone clinic or a sub clinic. all that does is makes it legal. which i guess means you dont want to stop chasing feeling normal. you'll either abuse the methadone by upping your dose so high that ur rocked for 12 hours or ull sell ur subs and buy what you most desire. yes it takes longer to get wd symptoms when on those 2 meds but the wds last longer when coming off of em. not a fair trade. stay away from the clinics. cause either way its abuse. either ur abusing the system or the system is abusing you keeping you coming back for more. ok im outtie just felt like sharing. hope everyone gets off opiates.

mabm is offline New Member

hey ronny i was wondering if you were successful? let me know if ur still slippin
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertnicola View Post
    Hey what's up

hey mabm,
    sorry ive been off the grid for a cpl days, so heres what happened, i waited 18 hours to do my first sub, did about 2mg saturday and sunday and then went to work monday and it was AWFUL. i only took one mg in the am and left the rest at home, ended up leaving work early but i made the change i finally needed to make and what i got home i flushed the last 4-5 mgs i had left...i realized it was just delaying the inevitable. So I've officially gone 2 days now with nothing....taking really hot baths has helped so im thankful for whoeveer suggested that. I still get really bad 'stretchies' as i call them where i just jerk around and my arms and legs are killing me....its just really bad rls i am assuming, but im hoping it stops soon... im down to 2 clonidine and 2 ativan, along with two Flexeril(muscle relaxor)....ive been trying to get through the days and take the pills at night but its tough...
    where is the best place for the amino acids and l-tyrosine? Please let me know thanks!
    - Ron

hunkydorylifeonmars is offline New Member

Hi,

I finally decided I am going to post for the first time ever on a thread. First off the Thomas recipe looks awesome! I am now on my 5th detox of my life, after a 3 year Oxycodone addiction. I relapsed last year and have been on them for almost another year now. In the beginning of my addiction I was taking 30mg a day...not too bad when I compared my self to other users. I thought.For the past 2 months I have been taking only 15-20mgs a day... I have done this so many times now, the physical symptoms are not so bad for me anymore. Like a lot of users, it's the RLS and the lack of sleep that gets me. Of course I know I keep relapsing because of my depression, I have decided to seek counseling now, it is the only thing that will keep me clean.

It has been a long road to make it here-- to acceptance of the fact that I am an addict. I have a lot of pride, I want to do everything on my own, for years I was never the one that had any problems with substances. Until I met those little pills at a time in my life when I was very depressed. I used to be the kind of person that hated junkie's, I received my Karmic Retribution for all my lack of empathy for them.

I found out about the Thomas recipe after I already started my detox unfortunately, I really want to add the L-Tyrosine to my own method. I have no access to Valium or Xanax, but I know I can handle that part ok. The very first time I DT'd I had benzo's, it was really nice, but every time after that it was without. So not too worried. I get very bad malaise, since I was using for my depression, it's at those times that relapse has occured for me. I can make it through the sickness, but the crippling depression is very tiring for me. I also have a ton of responsibility at home that I cannot leave--children. I have temporary custody of my niece and nephew and they have nowhere else to go but to me. So I am not able to get out and do things that make me feel better.

So, definitely looking forward to trying the L-Tyrosine! Also any newbies to detox, I suggest any sort of Vitamin supplement you can get your hands on. I take a women's multi that I have had, it has b-vitamins and all sorts of other good things. I also highly recommend drinking Kefir, yogurt is good but the thinner drinkable stuff is just much easier! Also be careful with benadryl, I feel like sometimes it makes the RLS worse. And just give up on sleep, if you accept that from now on sleep will not come easy to you you will stop stressing, then when sleep does come it will be better--even if it was only an hour. I got 8 hours of broken sleep last night and I feel blessed!

Also if you plan on using bupe(suboxone) please only use it for a week. My ex boyfriend has been on subs for almost 2 years now--after an "any opiate he could get his hands on"-- addiction. He kicked me down one tab and I used it until it was gone, and tapered and tapered and tapered. He still can't get off the stuff, I thought maybe I need to be on it since I keep relapsing... I just can't think of trading this addiction for another, especially one where there will be a doubled detox period.

Good luck to all, and know that you're loved,

Aubrie

hunkydorylifeonmars is offline New Member

Sorry for the TL;DR post!

Good luck with your detox hunkydory, try some gatorade and hyland's restful leg for RLS, melatonin and sleepy time tea for sleep. As for only being on subs a week: subs are very powerful. We have a sub protocol here that works very well and goes for about 6-8 weeks. You cannot jump on and off subs willy nilly. It would be better not to take them at all if you do that.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

jzcowgirl is offline New Member

This is my first time writing on a drug board. I've been hooked on oxycodone for about a year. Withdrawal is absolute hell! I'm working on tapering with my shrink, but the nausea and vommiting is real bad. I'm still in pain from carpal tunnel surgery that went wrong, scoliosis, and a degenerated disk in the lowest part of my back. I'm 41, but my chiropractor said I have a 60 year old back Trying to do yoga and physical therapy. Can't stand the oxy's anymore. I was up to 100mg a day on my worst days. I'm down to 60mg. I'm also on a cocktail of anti- depressant and anti- anxiety meds for severe depression and GAD. Oxy actually helps my depression and anxiety, but I'm just nauseous all the time. I've lost a ton of weight from having a hard time eating on this garbage. My protein levels are in the gutter cuz I'm malnourished. I take straight oxy's so I don't have to worry about Tylenol or ibuprofen affecting my liver or kidneys. Herbal tea with fennel in it helps, smoking make it worse, and is another thing I need to quit. If you or anyone you know is going through withdrawal or on a tapering program, make sure they have help. Support from family and friends is key, and an amazing doctor! Mine is a psychopharmacologist, so he knows everything about every drug possible. He is saving my life! I want my head clear and my brain back. God will get me through this! I have faith that there is a reason for everything! Good luck, and God bless to all addicted to any substance! You can do it!
    Peace,
    Jeanie

Bennyb is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian McKee View Post
    Hi there
    I had a car accident 6 years ago and started on narcotics right away for pain - Codeine then Oxycontin then Morphine back to Oxy etc etc. 3 months ago I decided that I needed to get off these narcotics since I was physically addicted to them.
    I was going to go to a treatment facility but went online and found THE THOMAS RECIPE - I decided to give it a try and my doctor gave me Valium and I went to the health store and got everything else. It was tough and I have to say that 3 days was not really enough for me it took a week or so and every time I woke up I had to take another valium to sleep cause the withdrawal effects were pretty bad and different each day. I stayed home and my husband stayed with me and took care of me. I am now 3 months drug free - I dont even take Valium. I feel so much better - I actually remember things now I feel like I went around in a haze for 6 years! I still have some back pain but Aleve or Ibuprofen helps and so does resting for an hour or so. THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE!!!
    I would still be addicted to Morphine if I hadnt found this site!
    I would recommend it to anyone addicted to narcotics. Just remember it takes time and faith.

Thanks Again
    Gillian
    Hello I'm a first time poster. I'm currently on day four of w/d . It started with back problems and continued to escalate. My last fix was 800 mg of morphine. Day 3 was an absolute nightmare but I kept coming here and reading your posts and it really helped. I promised myself if get off these pills before my first baby comes in a couple months. My wife has been so supportive and I feel so much guilt for putting her though this and having her see me like this. But I'm excited to hold my baby girl with a sober mind and clear eyes. I thank you all so much for inspiring me. If I hadn't come here I probably would have lost my mind. I have no cravings the whole time and I even through away half a bottle I still had yesterday because I don't ever wanna go through this again. I'm feeling pretty good already. Still having stomach issues but I ate for the first time in 2 days and I forced my self to take a quick swim and it helped. I hope anyone trying to go C/T, do it. It hurts at first but it gets better. Good luck and thank you all.

Misplacedbrit is offline New Member

Hi all, I'm a first time poster here and need advice.

I was recently prescribed Tramadol (50mg) for gallbladder attacks. I'm not in my home country and don't have healthcare so the docs won't remove my gallbladder.

Anyway, so I started taking the Tramadol for my Gallbladder attacks, and then noticed a couple days ago that I was just taking the pills for no reason at all. And rather than just the one, I was taking up to 5 a day - in a two week timespan!!

So I took 2 yesterday morning, and my fiancé got rid of the pills. I'm now about 32 hours into cold turkey Withdrawals, and they SUCK!! I have anxiety through the roof, and panic attacks, my emotions are out of control, I keep bursting into tears. Not suffering from restless leg syndrome, but I'm twitchy. My fiancé takes clonazepam for anxiety and he have me a quarter milligram to help with the twitching, which does appear to have helped. I also don't have diarrhea, though I did yesterday evening. Felt nauseous from time to time, but my appetite is nil. I actually haven't eaten in close to a week. I just can't. So if I do try to puke, it's literally just dry heaves.

I guess I just need help/advice as to how long this will last. I've never suffered anything like this before. I guess I'm hoping that because I noticed pretty quickly what was happening, that the withdrawals don't last too much longer. My fiancé and I are flying back to my home country in 3 weeks. The flight cannot be put off any longer, and it's an 11 hour flight. I hope to GOD the withdrawals are done by then!

Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast