Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2237
Like Tree297Likes
The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal
    donewith.thepillz is offline New Member

thanks rob and tron

i was just suprised at how i didnt feel that bad after taking for that long but i did taper down quite a bit. i think part of it may be that i am very strong minded person becuz i felt worse on the days i ran out and couldnt get them cuz i was so worried bout getting more and now that i decided its time to stop i dont worry bout gettin more cuz i know im done and have no intentions to going back to that lifestyle i have a 3 year old daughter thats my motivation i have no doubts about if i can do it or not.

i still cant sleep but a couple hours a night and feel tired but i can deal with that for a while. i woke up this morning a lil over 48hrs since i took my last dose already feeling better than yesterday

i forgot to add i had been taking them for a lil over a year and a half straight thats why i figured i was going to go through hell to get off of them but i guess i just got lucky and i stopped smoking cigs too the same day after 3 years of smoking

glad your feelin better rob this is my first time with withdrawals but sounds like you are past the worst part keep up the good work and thanks for your thoughts and support

rob2178 is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

i read awhile also before quitting and posting. my first post was last night..just hang in there man itll pass i just got back from the gym i worked out a bit and hit the sauna tryin to wear myself out to get some sleep only been sleepin about 2 to 3 hours a night for past 3 days but i am actually getting to where i feel a little normal and more my self than i have in the past 2 years if i could sleep and kick the whole feelin tired thing >> be good to go i still dont no why i am getting through the withdrawals so quick and easy bein im only coming up on day 3 but i am grateful and so over takin them pills.. thanks for the support..

and i know what ya mean i was taking 8 at a time for about 6 months starting tapering from about 16 pills a day down to 6 a day in the last couple months and i took 1 dose a day (6 pills at a time so i still got somewhat high even tho it barely lasted over and hour lol) for the last 2 weeks

do what i did delete every number in your phone that you could possibly get some from
    Last edited by donewith.thepillz; 08-28-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Matthew David is offline Member

So earlier in the week I had to take a half of a percocet for really bad pain and then tonight again. It's not like I'm taking them for fun. I was hurting so bad, I couldn't sleep. So I took it, got rid of the pain and fell right asleep. Tonight I took the other half for pain again. Not going to continue to do it. But I've taken everything else to try and get rid of the pain and it just doesn't work. Works been crazy with shows and extra hours, so hopefully now that that's all over, I have the next couple days off and I can calm down the pain. I'm not longer physically addicted to it which was my problem in the first place. I feel a little bit guilty for taking it, but that's good. It'll keep me from continuing to do it. I'm not going to go down that road again!!! Just thought I would give a heads up.

hows it goin for ya rob?

i doing pretty good not much at all physically goin on for me i broke down and smoked 1 cig today i was a lil stressed bout some stuff but other than that i just cant get any sleep i would kill for even just 6 hours of nice deep sleep might just drink a couple beers and see if that works

nyra417 is offline Junior Member

to DONE WITH THE PILLS...
    Welcome to the thread...I myself have been on here 'checking in' on the people going thru what we all are. You seem to have been stricken with great luck if you're not having serious withdrawal symptoms...I had to abruptly cut my oxycodone dosage in half (from 6-7 30mg/day to 2 virtually overnight) because my pain mgt dr. threw me a curve ball; was getting refills for 2 week intervals but after having a facet (nerve) block procedure he decided I should be taking less pills thinking the pain level went down. Well, my pain level went down a notch or two but only with the help of the oxycodones; on my 8/22 appointment for refills I was expecting to have my next script written for the 27th and he decides to tell me 10 days after the nerve block procedure that I now am expected to make my current supply last until Sept. 1st - 5 days later than expected. Went thru hell for the next 2 days but got thru it. So you hang in there!! you are doing just fine if you're not sick. Up the vitamin intake and force yourself to eat right and you will actually feel 'good' in a couple of days!
    Regards,
    - Anna

its still going. done with the sick part i guess but i still feel like ive been hit by a truck lol. i was lucky enough to be able to take a weeks paid vacation from work for this. to be honest though im constantly looking for a way out of this pain to no avail. i want to be back to normal but im not sure im gonna make it. this constant pain and want is tearing my mind apart. the worst part of this is im in great health. i only take drugs for the high..well at first anyway. now i hurt but its just mental. thank you for the concern and everyone else for the inspiration

arilia is offline New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Yet I have been reading all of your touching stories. I came here after keeping the secrets of addiction for almost 9 years. My love of hydrocodone over took my life. It made me forget who I was. It all started out as recreational. Then after the passing of my boyfriend I used it to numb all of my pain to make me forget and stop feeling. Well at the end of June I decided to get clean . I quit cold turkey . It was so hard. I thought I was going to die. I have 3 kids and my husband had no clue what I had been doing. I had been popping pills before we met. But I was good at keeping secrets. When the withdrawals started I lied and said I had the flu. I couldn't get out if bed plus with 3 kids at home it was awful. I felt like such a horrible person. I couldn't tell the few friends I had what was going on. I still haven't. I just wanted to say thank u to the people on this forum. Your words encouraged me in a a dark time. Since the end of June u have been clean. I have had sleepless nights and some depression. But I'm thankful I didn't give up. My heart goes out to you guys struggling. You are in my prayers. Don't ever give up hope.

to ARILIA:
    Hats off to you for your courage...I was/sometimes still am in the same boat. My husband & parents know I am on pain meds (legitimately in severe back pain from a car accident/permanently disabled legally as well) but they really don't understand what we go through. I go up & down in dosage purposely so that I do not exceed my current oxycodone level (still no increase in dosage since a year ago January or February)...I lay off them whenever possible so my body doesn't keep building up a 'tolerance'. It's so hard, though. So keep up whatever you are doing if you don't NEED to take these damn narcotics...I was a full-blown 'organic' health freak until this happened to me; I am NOT the same person since I've had to depend on prescriptions to be able to walk. I am hanging in there, though, and do everything in my power each & every day to keep my head on straight and be conscious of what's going on out there in the rest of the world.
    Welcome to this thread and keep your chin up as you are NOT alone!!!
    Regards,
    - Anna

to ROB:
    I know what you are going thru...read my post/reply to ARILIA. I'm in the same boat. Even if you can't stop completely, try to at least go down in dosage...I dealt with it last week and after 2 days I started feeling mentally 'normal' again if you can believe it. I didn't do cold turkey though...just tapered off; went from 6-7 30mg oxy's a day down to 1-2 overnight. VERY rough first 2 days as I said but well worth it...stay with it!!!
    Regards,
    -Anna

Thanks for the kind encouraging words. Truth be told I get scared I might mess up. One of the hardest parts is not having any true friends here. I'm in the bible belt. However I'm not into organized religion. But I believe in having faith and courage. There were so many times I was going to quit. But looking back I didn't want to . I didnt try. I never had a medical reason to take them. I was buying them off the street. U wasted so much money. I just hope I can stay strong and not be tempted. I too deleted all my dealers numbers out of my phone. But it took a while to do it. The depression I felt or I should say still feel is difficult. I feel lonely at times. I try to keep my mind on other things. I agree that listening to music does wonders. But I do feel happier now but it took a while. My heart goes out to everyone struggling.

to ARILIA...
    Hey there...the depression will go away slowly. I too dealt with 'fun' drugs years back...I got myself off coke & pot but it took gradual time. What got me thru (and still does with the pain meds) is thinking about 'what am i gonna feel like tomorrow'. Believe it or not, thinking ahead of the aftermath really helps. That's how I got off coke a few years back...'I'm gonna wake up broke & hung over & depressed because of my own actions tonite'...Think this way with whatever you're doing to hurt yourself now and it will keep you 'in check'. Best advice I can give you! Also again, if you can GRADUALLY wean off, you won't feel any horrific effects of withdrawal. You will need to take vitamins & keep your mind where it needs to be, but you won't get seriously 'sick'. Best of luck to you; I'll check this thread from time to time to see how u r doing...
    Regards,
    Anna

That's funny u should say that bc that's l I was thinking how would I feel tomorrow. The first day for me was more physiological. Then the 2 and 3 day was physical. But its true you start feeling better by day four or five. I tried my share of pot coke etc. But nothing overtook me like pills did. They truly overtook my life. Keeping the addiction was a huge burden. But I didn't have anyone to talk to that I felt I couldn't open up too... in my case I had to keep a positive mind and spirit . I had always heard day 3 was the worse in my case it was. But taking vitamins and forcing myself to get up and move helped.

Default Still here

Sorry i havent been around, with the kids going back to school. my brother visiting and my uncle passing away last week i havent had time to be on here. Im still struggling with the depression and anxiety but i think it has nothing to do with going off the pills i think its just somthing im going through (have had this problem in the past) So i talked to my Dr and she put my on an antidepressant and an anti anxiety and hopefully i will get better I have before and i will again. I hope to be able to post more later but i have to help with homework right now. Love to you all and God Bless!!
    FrustratedAndTired likes this.

TRON is offline Member

Glad to hear you are doing well Cara_Bella! Sounds like you are staying very busy...which is a good thing while you are going through all of this. Good luck and keep in touch with us.

PEACE & LOVE
    Entirely focused on making wise decisions...

well today is day 6 been fine physically after day 3 having a lil bit of a tough time mentally every once in a while but nothing i cant handle i am starting tonight goin to some na meetings to see if they will help if anyone has been before let me know if they helped you out with the mental struggle any advice/support will be helpful thank you all for the input and support this far it is much appreciated.

and one more thing i was told aa and na are pretty much the same would it matter if i went to aa instead i only ask cuz i have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic and wants to start goin to aa but doesnt want to go alone

rob how you doing today bro? hope its gettin better for ya
    Last edited by donewith.thepillz; 08-31-2011 at 01:07 PM.

muleriders321 is offline New Member

Default Making a run for freedom

This is my first post, but have been following many of the threads on this website for many years. I'll keep it short but just wanted to give everyone an idea of where I am in my "path to freedom". I started using low doses of Hydrocodone about 7 years ago after some dental work in college, and looking back now the most expensive dental visit of my entire life, Haha. I played college baseball and was subject to random drug testing, but always managed to stay one step ahead of a positive test. I never felt I had the "addicted" feeling that I do now until about 4 months ago. Well needless to say, Sunday was my last day to use that horrible, horrible junk. I was up to about 12-15 10/325 hydrocodone pills a day. It started to run a toll on my bank account and not to mention had a very sketchy "friend" that would was not looking out for my best interest in obtaining them. And, of course all the family/girlfriend problems it caused.

Anyway, I am on day 3 of detox and it has without a doubt been the worst 3 days of my life. No point in hiding what it really feels like. I took my last handful of pills Sunday afternoon and started feeling the effects early Monday morning. I read all the posts and the different "recipes" for success and made a combination of them all for my own sake. Vitamins, Xanax, Gatorade and last but absolutely not least, Hot Baths!

I had all the symptoms you could think of and had to stay home from work Monday and Tuesday. The Stomach Flu...Yeah Right.

I never saw my self in this position but can without a doubt say I will never be back again. Day 2 was the worst for me, could not move from bed except for one crawl to the bath. I finally gave in and went to the Doc for some promethazine and diarrhea medication (biggest relief I have had). I KNOW my withdrawal is not near as bad as some of y'all on here but it sure was Hell to me. I'm sure the psychological want for more will always be there, the feeling that my brain knows what it feels like to have them, but the physical toll I have taken over the past few days is just plain not worth it. I have a very, very long way to go but Hey, it's a start. Thanks for reading guys/gals!

P.s. If you are like me and just read the forums for many years and never wrote yourself, DO IT! This has helped me more than anything yet.

the aa/na thing shouldnt really matter. they both are close. the only thing i remember from aa is that they didnt want us talking about drugs. could be different by now but im not sure. i would say go with your friend and take what you need from it. it is easier when you know people and everyone there will greet you both with open arms. i personally was never into it because of the whole "god" aspect of aa and na. im almost over my vacation from work. hopefully the work will start making me feel better but im not expecting anything. took me years to get into this mess so a few months in the long run isnt much. no more trying to hide track marks,needles,etc

hang in there muleriders. ive detoxed from those hydrocodones many times. you should start feeling better within a couple days from now. to me they never hung around as long as the oxy. you have already done the worst physical part now just remind yourself how it feels when you get anxious to take another one of those little demons

thanks for the info rob im kinda only goin for my friend i dont think i need it but it will prolly help i agree with the whole god thing but it does work for lots of ppl im just not a big church goin or anything. im glad you have the right thoughts for the road ahead on your recovery just keep your mind in check and you will make it man

i've been 'quick replying' to all of you as often as possible...hope you are all gettin my positive input & encouragement. I've been in the same boat as all of you to the drub limit of oxycodone 30mg/7x per day and weaned off here and there. It is hell but after you go thru it a few times it becomes second knowledge (I am disabled and have no choice but to take these at least on low amt. of pills per day just to get out of bed). Glad to hear you are all dealing with the hell we've all been thru...stay positive...
    regards,
    Anna

Muleriders you are going in the right direction. I know exactly how you are feeling. It is a horrible feeling . But you will be feeling so much better by day 5.,try to move around and stay busy. Listening to music helps a lot. Hydrocodone was my drug of choices as well. I put off getting clean. I finally did. Now I have been clean for almost 3 months. I'm here if you need someone to listen. Because the hardest part for me was not having anyone to talk too. To understand what I was going through. But I read the forum but didn't post till yesterday. My thoughts are with you. You can do it.

reeesiecups333 is offline Junior Member

Default Sticking with it

I have been sticking with no pain meds.... Physically my heart rate and blood pressure went through the roof. That landed me in the doc office. Im 26 in good shape and on blood pressure medication now.... Lovely. Its kinda funny bec the doctor and nurse both have told me some of there past encounters with addicts, and I havent said a word about having been one in the past. Im guessing my mother mentioned it. And it was a first for me to have the nurse give me her cell number, and the doc ask me if she and the nurse were to ask me to hangout would I. I have always been good at hiding my emotions, but I guess that day some were starting to show through. Its so much fun being back in a town I was raised in. No friends, have family, but trust no one. You gotta love small towns in the bible belt.

And to some of the new people who posted on here about detoxing. Great Job! Keep it up, and dont look back. To me detoxing is easy physically, but emotionally I suck at it. Round 1 I had a great therapist I went to. This round, posting is my therapy.

Whirlwind06 is offline New Member

Hi I don't know if I'm doing this right if not I'm sorry. I have taken pain pills for 5 years and this is my sixth day of taking nothing I went cold turkey and I'm having ALOT of depression which leads to cravings which leads to anxiety... I have read this site for a couple months and have never wrote anything but now I'm really scared and I need somebody to tell me when this will start to ease up a little.... I am a single parent and have two jobs I can't believe something can grab you like this I just want it to be over ;( please help with words of advice. Thank you

laughkat is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by donewith.thepillz View Post
    well today is day 6 been fine physically after day 3 having a lil bit of a tough time mentally every once in a while but nothing i cant handle i am starting tonight goin to some na meetings to see if they will help if anyone has been before let me know if they helped you out with the mental struggle any advice/support will be helpful thank you all for the input and support this far it is much appreciated.

and one more thing i was told aa and na are pretty much the same would it matter if i went to aa instead i only ask cuz i have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic and wants to start goin to aa but doesnt want to go alone

rob how you doing today bro? hope its gettin better for ya
    Donewith: The AA meetings I go to recognize that many people have dual addictions, and also welcome people with other addictions besides alcohol. Not all meeting are like this; maybe go to an AA meeting w/your friend and, either before or after the meeting, or during the break, if there is one, talk to either the chairperson or anyone at the meeting who seems friendly and knowledgeable and tell them about your situation -- if they truly believe in the principles of AA they will help you. If not, call your local AA chapter -- don't give up, AA has saved my life but you don't always get lucky at your first meeting - sometimes u have to try a few diff. locations before finding one that is what you are looking for. Good luck! There is help out there. (Also, you and your friend can try going to AA online.)
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

Default Your Not Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Hi I don't know if I'm doing this right if not I'm sorry. I have taken pain pills for 5 years and this is my sixth day of taking nothing I went cold turkey and I'm having ALOT of depression which leads to cravings which leads to anxiety... I have read this site for a couple months and have never wrote anything but now I'm really scared and I need somebody to tell me when this will start to ease up a little.... I am a single parent and have two jobs I can't believe something can grab you like this I just want it to be over ;( please help with words of advice. Thank you
    Time heals all.... Have you heard that one once or twice? You didnt get into the pills in 6 days, so it takes time to learn to live again. I also am a single parent of a 5 month old. This is my second time detoxing. Both times what is the hardest for me was feeling everything. Im not one to show emotion. I dont cry in front of people. I didnt even cry when I watched my grandfather die this last thanksgiving, or when my daughter was born. What I have found to be the best is to talk, listen to music that makes me happy. Spend time with my perfectly beautiful healthy daughter. And this time around. I had to hide my detox from everyone. So I got all my talking in on here. Just hang in there, it gets a little better each day. And dont be hard on yourself if your having an off day. We all have them. We all have realized at some point how did something so small cause so much damage in our lives. And it takes that to trully know that your ready for a change. I know its hard. I know it hurts. I know its scary, but you made it to day 6 and that is great. Everyday you stick with it you will feel a little better, a little more clear in your head and heart. We are all here for the same reason. We want help, we want to be heard without judgement, we want support. So guess what...... You got it. If you have any questions just ask, and there is no wrong way of posting. Your doing everything right Hang in there it will be better soon I promise.

Love Cups
    TRON and Whirlwind06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reeesiecups333 View Post
    I have been sticking with no pain meds.... Physically my heart rate and blood pressure went through the roof. That landed me in the doc office. Im 26 in good shape and on blood pressure medication now.... Lovely. Its kinda funny bec the doctor and nurse both have told me some of there past encounters with addicts, and I havent said a word about having been one in the past. Im guessing my mother mentioned it. And it was a first for me to have the nurse give me her cell number, and the doc ask me if she and the nurse were to ask me to hangout would I. I have always been good at hiding my emotions, but I guess that day some were starting to show through. Its so much fun being back in a town I was raised in. No friends, have family, but trust no one. You gotta love small towns in the bible belt.

And to some of the new people who posted on here about detoxing. Great Job! Keep it up, and dont look back. To me detoxing is easy physically, but emotionally I suck at it. Round 1 I had a great therapist I went to. This round, posting is my therapy.

im a little confused why did the nurse give you her number did she know you were an addict, and wanted to get some from you, or is she trying to help you and why would the Dr ask to hang out, im lost??

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    First of all congrats on choosing to be done! I know all about the depression, after my initial detoxing i had so much depression the world looked so bleak i couldnt even get out of bed, now im not trying to scare you but once the narcotic haze lifts there could be something else going on you know like well depression. I think thats what was going on with me and i finally had to go on an anti depressant and knock on wood in the last 2 days im finally starting to enjoy life again.
    You will get through this and you will be fine and like i said there is nthong wrong with going on some meds to help. Keep posting here, this is such a great support site, i couldntn have done it without this group, in fact i never would have even gotten teh courage to try.
    Hugs!!

Whirlwind06 is offline New Member

Thank u sooo much for responding! I think I need to try some anti depression meds along with something for anxiety... I'm a nervous wreck all the time!..

Quote Originally Posted by Cara_Bella_1975 View Post
    im a little confused why did the nurse give you her number did she know you were an addict, and wanted to get some from you, or is she trying to help you and why would the Dr ask to hang out, im lost??
    I promise you Im more confused then you are, and no I didnt tell them anything about my current situation in reference to addiction. Any doctor I have been to, the whole staff tends to like talking to me... Not sure why. Im used to the nurses and doctors talking to me for about 30min each just because, but never have I gotten an invitation to hangout. They are both females, so maybe they are just trying to be nice? Not really sure, but whatever. I wouldnt go, due to it being unprofessional on there end of things.

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast