Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Taking suboxone and hydrocodone together
    Rob8888 is offline New Member

Hi my name is Rob and I was on perks real bad for about five years and it ruined my life completly. But now I've finally decided that enough is enough so I started taking thsuboxone and they have been working, but I still have the problem that my body still be aching especially my legs. I just wanted to know of anyone knows any other type of pill that can be taken to relieve the pain or atleast reduce it. If anyone has any ideas at all please let me know.

txsubmamma is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LondonToLA View Post
    Hi Robert.

I am an absolute IDIOT.

I took .25mg yesterday about 24 hours ago. Haven't taken Suboxone since then. I took a 5mg Vicodin this morning.

I've screwed myself over. I don't expect nor deserve help from anyone especially Robert anymore. I know I lost that priveledge.

I did this to myself from ONE slip up. ONE! After months of tapering down to .25mg Suboxone a day.

I think I've gotten to a low enough Suboxone dose where WD might not be too bad. I definately am NOT going to take another Vicodin. I promise. It's true that Vicodin doesn't do ANYTHING even on .25mg Suboxone. I guess I had to be an absolute idiot and prove this to myself.

I'm very embarrassed and don't know what else to do except to NOT take anything from today on.

I do have a call into my Suboxone doctor and am waiting for a callback.

I understand if you are disappointed in me; I am in myself.

If need be I can go cold turkey; what other option have I really left myself, right?
    you are not an idiot, just human, and we all make mistakes.

PoopieLoops is offline New Member

I guess I am a bit confused.....I have an 8 mg strip of Sub that I take in 2 doeses every day. You claim you are taking .25 mg.....thats basically nothing. I'm confused...what am I missing that you need to be on Sub, period if you are down to .25 mg???

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoopieLoops View Post
    I guess I am a bit confused.....I have an 8 mg strip of Sub that I take in 2 doeses every day. You claim you are taking .25 mg.....thats basically nothing. I'm confused...what am I missing that you need to be on Sub, period if you are down to .25 mg???
    maybe wait till you are on .25mg and see if you think it is nothing then... they used to use it for pain in doses of .2 and .4mg,,, its only since they prescribed it to druggies that they upped the dose...

dont bag it till you know whats goin on... its a lot stronger than you think, and actually the way subs work, they fill the receptors, and they basically do the same job at high OR low doses. so once you get down to the mini doses, its hard to actually get off...

lavaspit is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Cost, suboxone "sitch

Quote Originally Posted by spicemeister View Post
    I'm wondering how (at 30MG a day) you can afford that? My prescription is for 20MG a day and runs me $439 a month. That's too much for me to handle. So, it has come down to going back to hydro unless I can get some financial help which my doctor is helping with.

Does anyone else end up spending more than they can afford on Suboxone? Forcing them to go back to Hydro? Thanks!
    There is a program called "Here to Help" which I believe is sponsored by the Pharma company that produced Suboxone. Most likely for some sort of tax break. They take about a handful of patience from certain clinics - in my case, a clinic under health Right 360 program for free healthcare in San Francisco. I don't know how this works in other areas, or if you can get into the program if you have insurance. However, its a fair bet that if you do NOT have insurance, you can get right into this program. They pay for 100% of your prescription. it doesn't mater how much you take, it only matter how many times you refill in a month, and you can only take the strips - no tablets. There are other odd rules that come along with it, but without this card I wold be SOL.

Ive been on Suboxone now for about 3 weeks. I find that it has really given me back my energy, though I do occasionally get a little disoriented, hyper, out of breath while talking, and worst of all, constipation beyond anything Ive ever experienced. I can take a double dose of laxatives and a suppository, use an enema kit - the works, and still drop nothing but the liquid I blasted up my ass.

Overall I would say that my life has gone from a trajectory towards homelessness and complete isolation to employment and full creative and social capacity within 1 week.

For the Original Poster: Yesterday I found one of the tablets on my closet floor that I essentially customized myself - a Hydrocodone compound of 25mgs and no acetaminophen. (I'd crack 3 of them open into a glass of sake, slam it with a beer, and be ready to do anything, up to an including getting arrested). My first thought was - what would happen if I just waited a day and took this. But I know a biut about the way my nueroreceptors for endorphins have been essentially polarized now - opiates and analgesics are "antagonists", and suboxone is in a sense the opposite. You really have to do your homework if y ou want to change meds. I dont know of hardly any prescription meds that you dont have to taper off of before you can stop. THEN you can address what you are switching to (ie a compound that is easier on your liver and more effective for pain).

Yes, consult with your doctor, but do your own homework in as much as yu can as doctors lke to solve problems with pills a little too liberally these days as they approach and then exceed critical mass of intake and patient enrollment. Its a pretty simple scheme whereby the big Pharma companies mess our brains and bodies up, creating problems that supposedly can only be solved with more drugs, and so on. Meanwhile the doctors are giving the drug reps almost as much time as patient visits to get their commission from Rx.

it just makes you wonder - how did people get by 25, 50, 75, 100 years ago with little more than some balms, herbs, and the occasional Laudinum sip or opium puff? (Of course those drugs were used as an affordable means to conquer Asian nations, so its a persistent pattern)

Subs make me write way to much.
    Last edited by lavaspit; 09-27-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: subscription

rebelly is offline New Member

wow. 600$ for suboxone! ive always paid for private insurance because my employers never gave me any.. but i pay $15 for 120 2 mg suboxone. i guess this is why we need the affordable health care law. anyhow. i have been on suboxone a whole year now. it was first wonderful. now it is a nightmare. i am depressed, fatigued and still have all over pain. i have been tapering down. and i take a break and take 140 mgs of hydrocodone ever 5th day for 2 days. i hate subs. i hate that my drs do not give me choices. i have become a lump on suboxone. i was never that way when i took hydros as needed. now my tolerance is through the roof -- thanks to this stupid drug-- suboxone.

melindau is offline Member

It wont work that way you got to stay on one or the other...and taper down...subs are so strong..what is your plan do you want to get off drugs all together???
    get back to us and let us know so we can help you...
    Melinda

rebelly is offline New Member

what do you mean your neurotransmitters for endorphins have become polarized? by suboxone. my biggest fear is that the year i used suboxone my brain will have irreversable side effects. i do not like the way i fee on suboxone. and i only take 8 mgs a day. i have been tapering 5 days and i took two days off with 140 mgs of hydrocodone. for the first time in a long time i felt like a normal human being. i have hope i will once again be able to leave my bed.. soon now i need a good dr that will listen and fight for me.

melindau is offline Member

It will take you longer than two days to get off subs...it would be best if you find a doctor that would help you taper off the subs...but most dont want to do that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12