Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 162
Like Tree26Likes
Subutex versus Suboxone
  1. #61
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Suboxone and subutex have the exact same main active ingredient which is bupenorphine. Suboxone also has nalaxone in it which impedes people from shooting up but when taking under the tongue, it is barely absorbed and has no affect. Sometimes people experience different things when taking a generic but really, there should be no difference. If you feel better taking the suboxone, switch back. We are all different and feel drugs differently. I have never felt even the slightest buzz on either suboxone or subutex but my initial addiction was huge so maybe that's why.

  2. #62
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by openeyefilms View Post
    Hello - not that i'm LOOKING For a high but I was on suboxone for three months, and felt a slight buzz from taking them. I also felt very normal, etc. Then, the doctor said "hey, lets switch you to the generics" so I could save money. The generic, which apparently according to my pharmacy, is generic subutex. I just started them today.
    I feel nothing.
    In fact, I feel almost as if I am starting to feel withdrawals. I'm sweating, nervous, edgy, all the same emotions I felt when I was withdrawling before I got on suboxone.
    I think its because I stopped suboxone and am taking something completely different now...? I read the articles here that its the same, but I don't think so!!!!!!!!!

    Anyone else experience this? I might call the pharmacy and ask to get me back on suboxone.




    The generic is just buprenorphine. It should be similar in how it helps you. The only difference I've heard of is that the generic buprenophine pills don't dissolve as easily as subutex or suboxone. But that has been the only complaint I've heard of.

    If you are having problems with them go back to suboxone like NYG said. Your dr was just trying to save you some money it sounds like to me. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #63
    danielle24 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England, lancashire
    Posts
    6

    Question suboxone vs subutex

    Quote Originally Posted by JAYBIS View Post
    Subutex allows for more normal lifestyle. Most doctors dont have experience taking it, therefor dont know. Suboxone causes depression and mood swings. Its very hard to be happy while taking suboxone, especially if you are taking high doses. I was on suboxone for 12 depressing months. I could not finish detox. I have been on subutex for 4 great months. I feel that I am close to finish detox. 16 MONTHS OF RECOVERY FOR 4 MONTHS OF SNORTING OXY'S. What the ?????????
    Mabye Im just weak, but i would highly suggest anyone on suboxone to switch to subutex. Dont let your doctor tell you its the same thing. It may have the same thing, but its totally different.[)]

    Theese meds help with the withdrawels but the pain is just waiting. I stopped suboxone from 6mg a day and on the fourth day I wanted to kill myself. Who ever says suboxone is easy to come off is a better person then I am. It sucks. Not saying that subutex is much easier to come off of,but at least it allows you to live a normal life. It lets you be happy. And lets just face it, we all just want to feel normal again.
    I felt terrible on suboxone, tired but coulnt sleep, depressed, sore legs, lethargy and it wasnt like i had read anythibg on the internet saying it might make me feel bed, i thought it was just me and stuck with it thinking things would get better, when i got to under 7st (from 9st) I stopped and started using again, I felt so much better that I could just eat. I went to my cdt doctor and told him I wanted subutex and how suboxone had made me feel. He said there was no difference between them, i told him it wasnt in my head and i did feel poorly off sbxone. so now im starting a subutex script, ive also just read that because you can take subutex after 5 mins of using and feel no adverse effects! I dont understand that one, I thought u had to wait 24 hrs for both. could someone tell me wether this is true?

  4. #64
    sportif7 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    maybe someone can give me some advice as i seem to be at a crossroads...

    i have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half...he previously had a cocaine problem and when i found out we broke up for a short time...then, when i knew he had been clean of cocaine, i found out that he had started using percs, vics or oxys (whatever he could get)...for the last year it's been an up and down battle with him...he seems to wean himself down to barely nothing and then re-cycles all over again...it's really starting to affect our relationship and it kills me because i know he is the one for me...but i can't live like this...he also has a depression problem from childhood and it also runs in his family...he refuses to see any type of counselor because of previous bad experiences with them and lack of health insurance....

    we had a very serious convo the other night pertaining to his problem and he admitted to taking oxycontin 20s once a day (if he's not lying to me)...he also said he doesn't want to live like this forever but he doesn't know what to do or start because of his lack of insurance and financial difficulties...i;ve been looking into subutex and suboxone for him and i called a few docs to find out their fee schedules, and you guys are kidding when you say it's expensive...i've volunteered to try and help him, but even myself, i'm not in a spectacular financial situation either...

    the problem is he is scared to start this program and insists if he buys them on the street he could do it himself...i've tried convincing him that he needs to be monitored and taper correctly...but he doesn't get it....and i don't know what else to do...it sounds like the subutex is the better way to go...he never shot up any type of drug and with his depression/mood swings already, i think the suboxone might make things worse...

    any advice on how to get him to go and what the better choice is...

  5. #65
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportif7 View Post
    maybe someone can give me some advice as i seem to be at a crossroads...

    i have been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half...he previously had a cocaine problem and when i found out we broke up for a short time...then, when i knew he had been clean of cocaine, i found out that he had started using percs, vics or oxys (whatever he could get)...for the last year it's been an up and down battle with him...he seems to wean himself down to barely nothing and then re-cycles all over again...it's really starting to affect our relationship and it kills me because i know he is the one for me...but i can't live like this...he also has a depression problem from childhood and it also runs in his family...he refuses to see any type of counselor because of previous bad experiences with them and lack of health insurance....

    we had a very serious convo the other night pertaining to his problem and he admitted to taking oxycontin 20s once a day (if he's not lying to me)...he also said he doesn't want to live like this forever but he doesn't know what to do or start because of his lack of insurance and financial difficulties...i;ve been looking into subutex and suboxone for him and i called a few docs to find out their fee schedules, and you guys are kidding when you say it's expensive...i've volunteered to try and help him, but even myself, i'm not in a spectacular financial situation either...

    the problem is he is scared to start this program and insists if he buys them on the street he could do it himself...i've tried convincing him that he needs to be monitored and taper correctly...but he doesn't get it....and i don't know what else to do...it sounds like the subutex is the better way to go...he never shot up any type of drug and with his depression/mood swings already, i think the suboxone might make things worse...

    any advice on how to get him to go and what the better choice is...





    If he hasn't been shooting any drugs then I would go with subutex. There is no reason to add the naloxone from suboxone to the picture.

    Here is a link to how I've worked here with people for years. Read it then let me know if you want my help. He needs to read it too.

    It would be best if I could induct him on the subs right here on the forum so I could insure he got started out right on a low dose. Let me know. God bless.


    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  6. #66
    sportif7 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    robert-
    thanks, i read through the website, it seems like you know what your talking about...i'm actually a PA (not involved with detox or mental health however) and i read through the pharm insert from the website and most everything you've said is correct from what i understand...

    ...at this point, i'm trying to help him realize he needs the help...in one breath it's "i don't want to live like this forever and be dependent on this" and "yes i'd do the program if i could afford it" and in another breath it's "im not sure if i can do this right now" or "the thought of stopping and going through withdrawal makes me sick and want to use..." .....and the more i try to get him consider detoxing, the more excuses he comes up with and says it's not healthy for our relationship for me to be nagging him all the time...i tell him it's not healthy for me to feel this way and for us to fundtion like this either and then he'll tell me to date someone else...two minutes later he's apologizing and saying he's sorry and it's a lot to take in and he understands and he just can't make the decision overnight....he seems so conflicted...and i don't want to leave him....i love him...it's that feeling of "knowing he's the one" for you....but i can't even convince myself to feel close to him anymore because i don't want to get attached thinking on the back of my head i may have no choice but to leave...any more advice...?

  7. #67
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielle24 View Post
    I felt terrible on suboxone, tired but coulnt sleep, depressed, sore legs, lethargy and it wasnt like i had read anythibg on the internet saying it might make me feel bed, i thought it was just me and stuck with it thinking things would get better, when i got to under 7st (from 9st) I stopped and started using again, I felt so much better that I could just eat. I went to my cdt doctor and told him I wanted subutex and how suboxone had made me feel. He said there was no difference between them, i told him it wasnt in my head and i did feel poorly off sbxone. so now im starting a subutex script, ive also just read that because you can take subutex after 5 mins of using and feel no adverse effects! I dont understand that one, I thought u had to wait 24 hrs for both. could someone tell me wether this is true?
    nope that is not true, its the buprenorphine that kicks off all other opiates on your receptors, so you will get precipitated withdrawls if you take either too soon. its not the naloxone that does that its the bupe. the naloxone is to prevent people from snorting or shooting it

    dont know where you read that but its wrong. i know that for sure.

  8. #68
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportif7 View Post
    robert-
    thanks, i read through the website, it seems like you know what your talking about...i'm actually a PA (not involved with detox or mental health however) and i read through the pharm insert from the website and most everything you've said is correct from what i understand...

    ...at this point, i'm trying to help him realize he needs the help...in one breath it's "i don't want to live like this forever and be dependent on this" and "yes i'd do the program if i could afford it" and in another breath it's "im not sure if i can do this right now" or "the thought of stopping and going through withdrawal makes me sick and want to use..." .....and the more i try to get him consider detoxing, the more excuses he comes up with and says it's not healthy for our relationship for me to be nagging him all the time...i tell him it's not healthy for me to feel this way and for us to fundtion like this either and then he'll tell me to date someone else...two minutes later he's apologizing and saying he's sorry and it's a lot to take in and he understands and he just can't make the decision overnight....he seems so conflicted...and i don't want to leave him....i love him...it's that feeling of "knowing he's the one" for you....but i can't even convince myself to feel close to him anymore because i don't want to get attached thinking on the back of my head i may have no choice but to leave...any more advice...?



    This isn't my area of expertise telling you what to do. I don't know what to tell you about hanging with him or not. I wouldn't go too long with an addict if they weren't seriously trying to get clean and doing it NOW! .

    If he wants to get clean subutex would be probably the best since he doesn't shoot drugs. I don't think he needs suboxone as the naloxone can cause adverse reactions and it's only for stopping people from shooting drugs.

    Let me know what I can do to help if he is ready to get clean. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #69
    sportif7 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    does everyone who takes suboxone or subutex for opiate therapy experience withdrawals as they taper or try to get off of them?

  10. #70
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportif7 View Post
    does everyone who takes suboxone or subutex for opiate therapy experience withdrawals as they taper or try to get off of them?




    It's very simple. It all depends on how high of a dose is initially prescribed during INDUCTION (possibly the most important part of the process), the period or length of time one stays on the medication and whether the user stops abruptly or tapers down according to the taper plan in the sub therapy link that follows.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

    If a person starts sub therapy during the INDUCTION at the "lowest effective dose", which is defined in the link, uses subs according to the minimal amount of time suggested, and then adheres to the process of skipping days at the end as suggested in the link the w/d will be minimal for most people. There are always SOME people ( though few) who simply can't take a particular medication with good results for whatever reason. Penicillin saves lives every day but kills a person who is allergic to it. No drug is without exceptions.

    There are exceptions to anything but the key is starting out from day one following the plan and not deviating from the plan during the entire time. It's much more difficult to project accurate results for "everyone" when patients show up here following long and extended periods of use at ridiculously high doses. Then people react differently depending on their individual body chemistry. Hope that helps.

    Remember subs are only a medication, not a miracle that solves all problems. The individual user still has to do the work and follow the plan that has proven to be effectve over and again. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 09-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  11. #71
    J523860 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Subutex

    My DR. gave me generic subutex from the start. My insurance makes me pay 40 percent of the retail of name brand drugs and I only have a $5 co pay on generics. And I told him about that and asked if there was a generic he said subutex and I asked is it as good and he said its pretty good and thats what he prescribed.

  12. #72
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J523860 View Post
    My DR. gave me generic subutex from the start. My insurance makes me pay 40 percent of the retail of name brand drugs and I only have a $5 co pay on generics. And I told him about that and asked if there was a generic he said subutex and I asked is it as good and he said its pretty good and thats what he prescribed.




    Buprenorphine, the generic subutex, is just as good as any of them. I personally prefer it to suboxone.

    If you need any help with using them and tapering off in a short amount of time let me know. Here is a link for how I've worked with others here for years. God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  13. #73
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Finally switched from suboxone to subutex today. Still to early to tell if there is a difference, but I was definitely very irritable and moody on suboxone, not sure if it was the naloxone but it's better to check and find out! I'll keep ya posted on any change

  14. #74
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    So far it's been like night and day between the 2, so I would have to agree with the OP about the naloxone. Granted it could all be in my ( our ) head but my agitation has diminished and I just feel better about the day. Either way I'm happy I made the change. I definitely suggest to people having depression/agitation/anxiety while on suboxone to try subutex. Definitely cheaper also. My script was 35 dollars, the subutex was 7

  15. #75
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    So far it's been like night and day between the 2, so I would have to agree with the OP about the naloxone. Granted it could all be in my ( our ) head but my agitation has diminished and I just feel better about the day. Either way I'm happy I made the change. I definitely suggest to people having depression/agitation/anxiety while on suboxone to try subutex. Definitely cheaper also. My script was 35 dollars, the subutex was 7




    In my years working with people on subs I've found that right at 15% of the people react adversely to the naloxone in the suboxone. Sub drs almost always say that is a crock and that there is no difference, and that I don't know what I'm talking about. But I assure you that 15% figure is accurate.

    If you are one of that 15% you notice the difference almost immediately, sometimes within an hour or two, within 24 hours for sure. So it seems that you fall right into the parameters of those in the group.

    Glad you got the subutex. I always try to get people to get subutex from the beginning just so there is no hassle and then having to go back to get the dr to change it. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  16. #76
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    As always, thank you for the words Robert! It's been my experience that most prescribing doctors really know less than they lead people to believe. My sub doctor for example was arguing with me that the Naloxone was the ingredient that blocks opiates. When I informed him that he was wrong and that buprenorphine is all I need, he argued a little more until I told him to google it. He left the room, came back 5 minutes later with his iphone in hand and wrote me my subutex script haha! Kinda sad really what our healthcare system has become. A couple doctors per clinic who walk from room to room just handing out medications without a second thought about the aftermath of each side effect, WD probability and addiction possibility.

    Granted a doctor didn't get me hooked, I had a few of a friends who went to the dentist and fell in love, but sooner or later I would have seen the doctor for my back ( 12 years of construction ) and it would have started then. Either way I'm so happy for the switch, The past few hours have been the best I've had in many months : )

  17. #77
    aprilflower123 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    KENTUCKY-please help, im having problems with suboxone and im so glad im not the only one....my doctor recently switched me to the suboxone strips and i was hessitant about them because when i first started coming there he started me on suboxone and they made me feel like shiiit, tired, fatigued, migraine headaches, so he switched me to subutex and for past 6mts thats what ive been taking, well last week he switched me back, said everyone unless pregnant will be on the suboxone...i told him about how they make me tired, headaches, palpitations, and he goes "theres not enough of the other drug"narcan" in the suboxone that should be causing those symptoms...mind you that all my drug test have been clean, so therefore he clearly sees that im not wanting subutex just to be able to use...I dont have insurance either and the price difference is $57.75 for subutex #21 (1weeks worth) and suboxone strips (168.00) #21 (1weeks worth) when i mentioned this to him, he smartassidly said "were not concerned about cost here" well byhell i freakin am...i bought the 1st weeks worth with a coupon that saved me down to 101.00 for 21 also heard strips were different than the suboxone strips and the strips werent supposed to be as bad of side effects....well ive felt horrible, been taking strips since this past friday, felt bad from the 1st day on them.....I GOTTA FIND A DIFFERENT SUBUTEX DOCTOR NOW DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ONE IN KENTUCKY THAT WILL WRITE SUBUTEX??? I was reading about the headaches, flushing, fatigue, palpitations, and it scares me because i have mitral valve disease from rhumatic fever as a child and it states right on the website you shouldnt take naloxone(misspelled) but when i showed him the prove of this with my medical records, he didnt care, still wrote me suboxone......I dont want to resort to using opiates again but im not gonna feel real bad all the time either...so any help would be appreciated....KENTUCKY GIRL.....pslease reply if anyone knows of doctor in kentucky still writing subutex, thanks...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-01-2010 at 03:48 AM.

  18. #78
    carmen2010 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I had a bad reaction to the naloxone in suboxone and my Dr. switched me to subutex, which has been easier for me to handle.

    I asked the Pharmacist and she said the Naloxone stays in your system for 2-3 days.

    Robert has given me a method to re-induct myself, which I'm going to try to see if I can get off the subutex sooner.

    Everyone is different, and can react differently to medications, even if they are the one in a million.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC Metro Region
    Posts
    77

    Default Doctors

    Doctors are just like everyone else, they just got good grades in school, scored high on the MCAT, worked their asses off for a decade or more, deferred making any real money for even longer, treat (on average) several thousand patients with hundreds of serious life threatening conditions, see between 30-50 patients per day, have been relegated to the position of "provider"...right along with physical therapists and MSW's.

    When it comes to choosing a doctor it would be a good idea to remember that unless you respect their opinion and are willing to do what they say you are cheating yourself and not getting the care you need. Put some WORK into finding a doctor that understands you and your condition and you will reap the rewards. Treat your doctor like a prescription dispensary that's exactly what you will get.

    Not every doctor is a good match with every patient. Don't expect the first doctor you see to be the right one. I have a rheumatologist, a pcp, and a sub doc...I don't expect one of them to do the others job. Choose carefully. Only your insurance company wants you to think all doctors are the same and it does not matter which one you choose...

    It's the same idea as the Suboxone - Subutex "debate" going on here. I would never have survived this long on Subutex. I need the deterrent value of Naloxone. Some others don't (and some others are kidding themselves). The bottom line is that we should not expect to self prescribe and have a doctor put THEIR signature on our chart and the prescription pad. It's their license and their hearing at the disciplinary board if things go wrong.

    If we put half as much effort into finding the right doctor as we did into the things that got us here, nobody would be on this forum complaining about their doctors.

  20. #80
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilflower123 View Post
    KENTUCKY-please help, im having problems with suboxone and im so glad im not the only one....my doctor recently switched me to the suboxone strips and i was hessitant about them because when i first started coming there he started me on suboxone and they made me feel like shiiit, tired, fatigued, migraine headaches, so he switched me to subutex and for past 6mts thats what ive been taking, well last week he switched me back, said everyone unless pregnant will be on the suboxone...i told him about how they make me tired, headaches, palpitations, and he goes "theres not enough of the other drug"narcan" in the suboxone that should be causing those symptoms...mind you that all my drug test have been clean, so therefore he clearly sees that im not wanting subutex just to be able to use...I dont have insurance either and the price difference is $57.75 for subutex #21 (1weeks worth) and suboxone strips (168.00) #21 (1weeks worth) when i mentioned this to him, he smartassidly said "were not concerned about cost here" well byhell i freakin am...i bought the 1st weeks worth with a coupon that saved me down to 101.00 for 21 also heard strips were different than the suboxone strips and the strips werent supposed to be as bad of side effects....well ive felt horrible, been taking strips since this past friday, felt bad from the 1st day on them.....I GOTTA FIND A DIFFERENT SUBUTEX DOCTOR NOW DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ONE IN KENTUCKY THAT WILL WRITE SUBUTEX??? I was reading about the headaches, flushing, fatigue, palpitations, and it scares me because i have mitral valve disease from rhumatic fever as a child and it states right on the website you shouldnt take naloxone(misspelled) but when i showed him the prove of this with my medical records, he didnt care, still wrote me suboxone......I dont want to resort to using opiates again but im not gonna feel real bad all the time either...so any help would be appreciated....KENTUCKY GIRL.....pslease reply if anyone knows of doctor in kentucky still writing subutex, thanks...
    You definitely need to find a new doc. Just follow the link the above poster just gave you and call them all and explain your situation. Also sometimes telling your doctor that you're going somewhere else will change his mind. That's hundreds out of his pocket every month for a 5 minute visit. The classes these doctors take are from the kaiser cartel and they simply do not have the right information. Hell my doctor thought the naloxone WAS the opiate blocker. Don't let them push you around, assuming you're in a city there are most likely dozens of them. Either that or you can use the strips to taper down and quit. Robert is an expert with it and using suboxone can aid you in quitting since you dislike it so much, keep us posted and best of luck!

  21. #81
    carmen2010 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default For GODWETRUST

    GODWETRUST

    How long after your Dr. switched you the subutex did it take for you to feel "normal" again.

    Carmen

  22. #82
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carmen2010 View Post
    GODWETRUST

    How long after your Dr. switched you the subutex did it take for you to feel "normal" again.

    Carmen
    I noticed it right away. I also waited an entire day to take it though

  23. #83
    aprilflower123 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carmen2010 View Post
    GODWETRUST

    How long after your Dr. switched you the subutex did it take for you to feel "normal" again.

    Carmen
    I didnt notice mine right away...it took me about 4-5 days maybe even a week, cant really remember, but each day was lil less side effects than the day before....

  24. #84
    pills101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default umm no...

    Quote Originally Posted by newbeginningsdetox View Post
    Suboxone has one additional compound - naloxone HCI dyhydrate. The primary reason it is added is so that if is crushed and INJECTED, the user will go into full precipitated withdrawal. This serves one purpose here - as a deterrant for abuse.

    Dennis Hansen
    Executive Director
    www.NewBeginningsDetox.com
    I dont know where you are getting your information from but i know many people who shoot them and they never go threw any kind of withdrawal. It hits them stronger and faster then putting under the tongue but no withdrawal what so ever. & i have crushed and snorted them many times and never went threw any withdrawal.

  25. #85
    Bryce'sMom is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I just wanted to say that I COMPLETELY agree with you about this being a miracle drug. I really don't care whether it has naxolone or not, because the important thing about the medicine is that it is designed to help overcome opiate addiction. I myself was addicted to opiates for 2 years. In December of last year, I had back surgery, which completely worked, ad did not have any more pain. However, I was so bound my the hydrocodone that I didn't want to even think about getting off of them. Therefore, I just stayed on them when I really didn't need them. But the bad thing is, I REALLY hated depending on a pill to be normal, so I did some research and found out about Suboxone. I then talked to my pain doc and he gladly put me on them since not very many people ask to be taken off pain pills lol. Yes the pill tastes gross, but when you think about how it helps you, that is nothing! I felt like I got my life back. Yes, it's a narcotic, but a completely different feeling to me. I felt normal, happy, and ready to live life and break my addiction. Anyone who is on the fence about getting off pain meds and not wanting to go through withdrawals, I'm here to tell you.......this medicine works! It took my cravings away, it lasts much longer as you only take it once or twice a day, and you don't feel "high," which just helps prepare you for doing without pills completely. Again, if you need help with opiate addiction, talk to your doctor and give this a try. If you're like me, you will not be disapointed!

  26. #86
    Bryce'sMom is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I did want to add, that I've been on the suboxone for about 2 months and am slowly weening myself off. Therefore, I'm still depending on a pill, but I am able to go longer and longer without these, to eventually be off of them completely.

  27. #87
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce'sMom View Post
    I just wanted to say that I COMPLETELY agree with you about this being a miracle drug. I really don't care whether it has naxolone or not, because the important thing about the medicine is that it is designed to help overcome opiate addiction. I myself was addicted to opiates for 2 years. In December of last year, I had back surgery, which completely worked, ad did not have any more pain. However, I was so bound my the hydrocodone that I didn't want to even think about getting off of them. Therefore, I just stayed on them when I really didn't need them. But the bad thing is, I REALLY hated depending on a pill to be normal, so I did some research and found out about Suboxone. I then talked to my pain doc and he gladly put me on them since not very many people ask to be taken off pain pills lol. Yes the pill tastes gross, but when you think about how it helps you, that is nothing! I felt like I got my life back. Yes, it's a narcotic, but a completely different feeling to me. I felt normal, happy, and ready to live life and break my addiction. Anyone who is on the fence about getting off pain meds and not wanting to go through withdrawals, I'm here to tell you.......this medicine works! It took my cravings away, it lasts much longer as you only take it once or twice a day, and you don't feel "high," which just helps prepare you for doing without pills completely. Again, if you need help with opiate addiction, talk to your doctor and give this a try. If you're like me, you will not be disapointed!
    You know it's people like you who spread this whole "miracle drug" B.S about suboxone. When you decide you want to get off the suboxone come back and let me know how that's working out for you. Coming off hydrocodone would be compared to fighting a 6 year old girl in a wheelchair as to where coming off suboxone would be like fighting 15 ninja's with laser's shooting out of their eyes
    greeneyedgirl2 likes this.

  28. #88
    greeneyedgirl2 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I agree with this reply. This is a good drug but it is NOT a miracle. It has some very bad side effects (not listed) that seem to surface the longer that you're on it. It's one of the most powerful and dangerous drugs I've ever come across. Be very careful.
    Last edited by greeneyedgirl2; 04-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.

  29. #89
    DrRich is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    The main difference is subutex is highly abused. Not many addicts will admit this fact but the statistics show this. I only Rx this to my patients when they are reliable and heavily monitored.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-22-2011 at 02:04 AM.
    Lauren Caruso likes this.

  30. #90
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrRich View Post
    The main difference is subutex is highly abused. Not many addicts will admit this fact but the statistics show this. I only Rx this to my patients when they are reliable and heavily monitored.




    DrRich ........ Patients abuse suboxone too especially when most sub drs prescribe anywhere from 16-32mg a day for them. If a patient is handled properly and isn't an IV drug user they are better off on subutex (which can also be obtained in an inexpensive generic buprenorphine form). Also about 15% of all patients on suboxone react adversely to the naloxone. Most sub drs don't have any idea how to prescribe suboxone and don't believe naloxone affects anyone adversely because it has such a short half life. Sub drs are the biggest problem with subs and the drs create most of the horror stories, not the patients. THAT IS A FACT!!! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22