Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mybadomen
Suboxone Is A Wonder Drug
    rdgjun is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Is A Wonder Drug

Just wanted to let everyone know that I went from a oxycontin habit of 5 long years to stopping and getting on Suboxone. I can say it feels good to know that the opiates are out of my system and thanks to Suboxone its making the journey very easy. I now can still work, don't have to miss any work in the tough economic times. I am able to provide for my family, function emotionally again thanks to Suboxone. I know the next step is getting off of Suboxone, but I am taking this one step at a time. I don't want to try too much too soon.

If someone else is tired of the roller coaster ride of opiate addiction and what its doing to your health, body and family, consider Suboxone. If you need to know something about Suboxone or how it works, please don't hesitate in asking me. Drop an email. Your life and good health is worth it.

Bre33 is offline New Member

Default suboxone is a replacement drug; nothing more.

Suboxone has proudly been offering false hope to everyone who has been dependent on any opiate, and it's selling like hotcakes! These pharamacutical companies are making BANK off of this and will continue to do so until everyone realizes it's is actually easier to taper of the original opiate you were taking! Don't buy into this scheme if you don't absolutely have to. Suboxone is only a miracle drug only UNTIL you try to get off of it. Honestly, can you afford to take Suboxone for the rest of your life? And what kind of quality of life will you have? The withdrawals from Suboxone are lengthier, and more intense-you are back to square one. terrible, terrible drug. I only say this because I feel so badly for people that have been lied to, that have been told by their doctors that there is "very little withdrawal symptoms", it's all Bu*****t! Don't believe the hype, and don't be sold!!

tired2 is offline Advanced Member

Suboxone is not a miracle drug it is actually equal to morphine and the higher the dose and the longer you are on it the longer it can take to get off....There are no miracle drugs out there and the doctors that prescribe Subs only take an 8hr class and have no idea how to taper there patients. I actually had to go to my sub doctor loaded with info which to my amazement he actually listened and is going to use it in his classes.
    I was put on Subs back in March at 16mg but was lucky to have found this forum and Robert shortly after....prior to Subs I have used just about every pain pill out there for pain for over 25yrs including morph....I never received a proper induction and when I called the doctor b/c I was sick he just told me I needed to increase my dosage which I never did....well as it turned out thanks to Robert I was reacting to the Naloxone in the Suboxone and had to be put on Subutex which I also had to tell my doctor I needed....well I have been off all Opiate now for 5 weeks but it took over 3 month to get off the subs...
    So please do not think of Subs as a miracle drug it is a far cry from any miracle.
    I don't know what dose you are on now or how long you have been on subs but I would seriously start tapering with Robert now ....
    It is a GREAT FEELING TO BE OPIATE FREE!!!!!
    Pam
    Just to live life free as a bird

RubyDean is offline Member

'too good to be true' right? right. don't be too naive about this stuff, many of us are on it and it is extremely powerful. it sounds to me like you might be on too high of a dose which unfortuantely is far too common. if you are on 16mg you are too high, most people, and even junkies like me only need to start this med at 8mg per day! Sometimes even less...follow a taper plan and do the work to get on a smaller dosage. Clearly the longer you are on it, the higher the doasge the harder it is to get off. I have been on 1-2 mg for nearly 6 months. I wish i knew then what i know now! I am currently on .80mg per day, and starting to taper, and let me tell you it is not easy. If you are new on this you have ample time to do it right. Follow the advice from Robert or someone else who knows what they are doing. They suggest you drop 25% every 4-6 days once you are stable at the current dose. If you are at 8mg, then drop to 6mg...only take it 2x a day, or once a day, never more. Don't fool yourself and think you are in the clear, you need to be educated and responsible for this medication. The person who is bashing it above is a bit out of line as well. We all know suboxone has helped thousands of addicts around the world, and if done properly (and this does not mean just a doctors advice) it can work wonders and help you, but it is not a cure all by any stretch. You need to recover from within, and this helps make the withdrawal and the transition easier on us. Many blessings. Get informed and read these posts!

rdgjun is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Is A Better Alternative Than Dying Or Jail

For alot of people Suboxone is not only a wonder drug, but a miracle drug, a lifesaving drug, and a drug that has kept alot of people out of jail or dead. Sure Suboxone is may be hard to get off of, but its a total step in the right direction. Instead of stealing, doing criminal activity, abusing your body doing every kind of opiate just to support your habit, I would have to say Suboxone is definetely a step in the right direction. I know so many people including myself, if it were not for Suboxone, I would be in jail or dead. After many years of abusing opiates, it gets to the point where you will do anything just to avoid the horrible withdrawals. So taking suboxone the legal way avoids you from all the risks I just mentioned. Some people might have to take suboxone as a mataniance drug for the rest of their life. Isnt' that better than abusing and getting opiates illegally? I have been on Suboxone for over a year and might be the rest of my life. But its still better than what I was doing to get oxycontin and all the rest of meds. As far as the companies that make Suboxone, I could careless how much money they make, all drug makers make money. Also with Suboxone, you don't get the high feeling you do with opiates wich I like. All things considered, I would rather struggle with the withdrawals of getting off of Suboxne than risk going to jail, end up dead, ruining my liver, or taking methadone from a crazy clinic. So if something that possibly saves your life, keeps you out of prison, and keeps your from ruining your health is not a wonder drug, I don't know what is

bev49 is offline Banned

I actually agree with both sides on this. I have been on opiates for many many years, including >>>>>> and methadone from a clinic for a long time. Compared to that, yes, sub is a wonder drug. I started at 16 mgs. sub and weened myself down to 1 mg a day. I don't get drugged up or high, I can function normally and that is good. But I've been on it for a year now and panic at the thought of getting off. So it is substituting one opiate for another in that respect. There are no miracle drugs. A miracle drug would get you off opiates pain free forever. There are no miracles here. When compared to committing crime and getting diseases and going broke, it wonderful. But for alot of people getting off is not a breeze. And just like methadone, its a money making business, for the drug companies, for the doctors too. So, while it beats the alternative, its not the end all and be all. Being able to ween off the original drug would be the best, but not possible for alot of us.

Panic492 is offline New Member

There are two sides to everything. I thought Sub was a miracle 3 years ago. Today, it is a curse. The issue is, it is as hard, it not more difficult to come off of than the other opiates. The other issues I have found. The physicians I have encountered who are able to write Sub, do not know a ton about the drug. Also, Sub is a cash business. To me, it is a conflict to have Sub docs take cask only. They always want us to take on even when we want off. I have fired 3 Sub docs for that reason.

bev49 is offline Banned

I have acquired ALL of my sub knowledge on this site, from Robert and several other very knowledgable people. What the hell is it with doctors who don't know what they're doing? I don't believe ANYONE needs to induct at 16 mgs. It's too high and not necessary. Doctors don't know that. And how many docs have put people into precipitated withdrawal because of their ignorance. And my other gripe is that while the docs will take insurance for everything else, they won't for this. While I am greatful for the sub, I must say I do resent the doctors. I also read someplace that the patent was ending for the company that makes sub which will make it much cheaper with generics. But of course, I also read that the company is fighting it tooth and nail. Why not? They're making millions.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Over the last two years I have no idea how many people I've talked with on this forum and worked with on suboxone/subutex. There have been countless people I assure you.

I've NEVER seen one single person who started and then stopped subs in a timely manner (up to 120 days or so) that hadn't already made their mind up to stop opiates "no matter what" before they ever started the subs. It was THEM not the subs. The subs are just a tool.

I'm not criticizing anyone who uses subs for maintenance purposes or whatever. That's none of my concern. I'm just saying suboxone isn't a cure. The person makes changes in their life and chooses to use subs to make those changes.

For me personally if there wasn't any such thing as subutex I would have gotten clean anyway. My brain was well-done fried and I had been through enough finally. That is why I got clean not because a drug company developed subutex. Subutex only helped the process that I put in motion with a lot of help from Above. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Suboxone

Bev49, you are absolutely right about the amount needed to stabilize a patient. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY, needs more than 8mgs of this powerful drug !!!
    I went to a doctor from the Suboxone site, and she tried to prescribe me 16mgs per day. Luckily I had already done the proper research and knew that was way to high a dose. She must have been in shock when I told her NO WAY ! I told her that I am not an idiot and that I had done my homework. I also told her that I would not accept any more then 8mgs per day, which she agreed to. I only took 8mgs the first 3 days. That's it ! On the fourth day I reduced to 6mgs and only took that amount 2 days. On day 6, I was down to 4.5mgs per day and feeling great. Did 4.5mgs for 4 days and reduced to 3.5mgs and still felt great. Are you people starting to get the picture as to the way you should use subs ?
    In all, it took me 75 days to get from 8mgs to ZERO ! I have not taken any subs ( or any opiates ) in 15 days. So if I can do it, anybody can !
    I want you all to know that I was a HEAVY methadone abuser, 360mgs per day for 5 years, then tapered my methadone dose down to 20mgs over another 5 year period to make the switch to subs. So I don't want to hear that " MY HABIT WAS WORSE THEN YOUR HABIT ". Nonsense. I should have died from the amount I was taking, 120mgs 3 times a day, everyday for over 5 years ! DO NOT STAY ON SUBS LONG TERM, it's not necessary.
    Sorry for being so frank.
    IWANTOUT

to live my life and to be free !

And there is a perfect example of what I said. Intelmetal was getting clean. That was it one way or the other. Subs just happened to be available to make things a little easier.

We need to take a little credit for what we just pulled off getting clean. It isn't the freakin drug it's the person doing the dance. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Suboxone

Thanks Robert, if it wasn't for you, I would not be clean. That is the truth !
    I read tons of your post before going to the sub doctor and was ready to take on anybody who wanted to discuss sub therapy. God Bless You !
    IWANTOUT

to live my life and to be free !

bev49 is offline Banned

I always thank Robert for providing the knowledge and caring. But also, thank You, Intel, because if it weren't for your story, I wouldn't be considering getting clean for the first time in so many years.

bev ... go for it! Guarantee if you make up your mind it's all over but putting in the time. You can do this. God bless.

Doug b is offline New Member

Question Do sub work to get off h

is it true u can take sub for for four days to get off h n not have to true wds

bev49 is offline Banned

Doug, you can definitely take sub to get off >>>>>>. I just don't know if 4 days is enough time. You'd need to speak to one of our "experts" here. But if taken properly, subs will get you off >>>>>> pretty much pain free. The operative words here are "if taken properly".

Doug b .... I've NEVER met a >>>>>> addict that was "OFF" after four days.

Doesn't matter if they use suboxone or if they use the "force" four days doesn't do a thing but lessen the w/d. That's a lot different than being "off" anything.

Unless you snorted >>>>>> one time, decided it wasn't for you and then went on subs doing it four days doesn't cure anything. God bless.

tired2 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    is it true u can take sub for for four days to get off h n not have to true wds
    Doug...NO...first off how long did you use...second you have to go thru an induction when starting subs which you must reach a stage of w/d....Then you would start taking smaller doses till you are where you would need to be comfortable .... without going through an induction you will develop precipitated w/ds something you do not want to go thru.
    You can not just take a sub and in 4 days just stop and be done with H..that's not the way they work.
    You need to read some posts on the threads...it is not a quick fix but you also have to want off Robert can help you when you are ready ...he will walk you thru it all.
    Just to live life free as a bird

Jkish1232000 is offline New Member

Ok. I know this thread is old, but I hope someone catches this.

I've been reading a lot of posts on this thread, and was really concerned at the fact that I'd been taking 24mg of Buprenorphine via Suboxone per day. UNTIL I googled "opiate conversion charts".

Having just said what I said, and the fact that my Oxy habbit topped out at about 250mg per day, I checked the chart, and the conversion works out correctly. 10mg of Oxy = 1mg of Buprenorphine. So, 240 mg Oxy = 24mg of Buprenorphine. Give or take 50, I'm sure,

I'm into day three of Oxy cold turkey, and feel just fine. Not high, not low. Pretty damn fine.

Is there a reason that I'm not aware of that should still concern me?

mybadomen is offline New Member

I totally agree with the thread title that Suboxone is a Wonder drug actually i believe its a miracle medicine.

Let me explain my history and why i feel this way. My history is nothing to be proud of by any means but my life today i have to say otherwise.Today i am Proud of myself,A great father,Husband and honest person all around.This is all thanks to Suboxone.

I went to my first detox at age 13 already addicted to alcohol ,cocaine and any pills i could get my hands on, mostly opiates. After that i have been in and out of treatment my whole life and was a hard core >>>>>> user for many years and of course lost everything in my life. I even walked away from a wife and my daughter back then as drugs had full control over me. I did however have years of clean time following the NA program after a detox but always relapsed worse each time. I went on Methadone finally and thought that was the answer but like you guys think about Suboxone i feel about methadone.The 4 years taking 120mg of methadone (4 40mg wafers daily) i felt just like i was using. I got the same high and was still a mess.The only difference between using >>>>>>e and using methadone was i wasn't running the streets looking for it. Like every other time again i relapsed by using cocaine daily while on methadone.My reasoning was at the time was i was so messed up from the methadone i needed to be more awake so the cocaine helped with that. I eventually got kicked off and was back on the streets.

Mind you this whole time i hated using.I used alone and was not a social user at all,ever! I ended up in the hospital many times for attempting to kill myself overdosing and once put a car exhaust hose in my car. Thats how much i hated myself.My family didnt want me around or trust me. nobody did. But i was a very honest, good mannered person just highly addicted to drugs.

Then the Miracle happened after like 20 years they came out with a Miracle! Finally Suboxone. 1 day i was out of drugs as always and wanted to try to kick the habbit .One of my friends gave me a couple Suboxone to help. I took 1/4 of an 8mg Pill like 8 times a day and i felt great! I didnt feel high at all,could function like a normal human being. I knew i could straighten my life out with this medicine as i refuse to call Suboxone a drug.

I Next tried finding a doctor ,as i easily qualified for Suboxone treatment with my track record.I found finding a doctor was a very difficult thing to do which shocks me as i know this medicine would get many people back to society functioning normally. Anyway most doctors wanted to meet at night and took cash only. Roughly $500.00 first visit then $150. per month after. Not including The Suboxone costs and other needed testing monthly. How many people on the streets using you think have $500. sitting in there pocket to get into a doctor to maybe be considered for Suboxone. That is insane and one of the reasons most people cant get off Drugs.

So how did Suboxone work for me when i finally did get a doctor. For 1 i rent the other half of my Parents duplex house. (Same house i wasn't allowed anywhere near) I got myself all cleaned up and got a great job in the Semiconductor Field. I met a wonderful wife and had a son which ended up being disabled but i am clean now and can take care of him. I am responsible,honest reliable and a productive part of society. And its been 10 years now since i took any drugs or alcohol (closer to 11 years) .And yes i do still take my Suboxone every single day just as if i had to take any other medication and like i said i don't get high,I don't ever want to abuse it or anything like that . The one thing i did do is i am supposed to take 2 8mg pills per day. My doctor lets me take it in quarters through the day as i noticed if you take a whole pill at least in my case i remember a feeling sorta similar to a high and i didn't like it (Most others i know don't feel this way).

Anyway to wrap it up all i can say is i wouldn't be making this post right now if it wasn't for Suboxone and that's because i would be dead just like my friends that i used with that are no longer with us.I def wouldn't have a beautiful family and be able to take care of them daily or care for my handicapped son. Subxone saved my life and if it was available 20 years ago probably would have changed my whole life before all the damage. I think they also need to make Suboxone more available to the people who really need it. People shooting >>>>>>e living on the streets are not going to come up with $500. to maybe be considered for treatment? Also i guess doctors are very limited on the number of patients? Come on that's like getting any disease that there is a medicine for and the doctor making you pay cash to sign a paper and limiting how many people can get that paper.l

Suboxone is a miracle drug and i am alive today to prove it. Also something has to be done to save the rest of the addicts still out there suffering. Not only the addict suffers but everyone around them does as well.This should be a top priority in this world is getting Suboxone in the hands of every person that wants to recover from the disease we call addiction.

Fighting addiction is hard enough but knowing there is a cure that you cant get your hands on is even worse.

Take care and if your still using please find a Suboxone doctor as i tried everything there is and Suboxone is the answer!
    windy gurl likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

First want to say: Taking suboxone doesn't make you clean. Suboxone is a powerful opiate. 16mg. is a VERY high dose of sub indeed. Sub also has long term side effects associated with it's prolonged use. It is a great TOOL for getting off of other opiates. I'm not surprised that you feel high taking 16mg. of subs in 8mg doses twice a day. However, taking subs does NOT mean that you are clean. It is NOT a "miracle" cure for addiction, it is a tool that can be utilized along with other tools such as NA, AA, CR, addiction counseling to help addicts get their lives under control. Just because you use suboxone doesn't mean you are "recovered" their are only active addicts and those who aren't active in their addiction.

Peace,

Iloerose

windy gurl is offline New Member

I couldn't agree more..I too believe Suboxone has saved my life and has given my mind a chance to heal...GOD BLESS...