Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Suboxone withdrawls
    jneville788 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawls

How bad are suboxone withdrawls. Compared to methadone or >>>>>> withdrawls? How long do the withdrawls last? THANKS

Robert_325 is offline Retired

That's way too vague a question. I need the using history, other health conditions involved, everyone is different. I can help you with subs if you want to do them. But are you on >>>>>> now or methadone? It makes a difference on how we approach this. Subs are the easiest way to go if you do it properly. I've done this a long time with subs and will help you if you want me to. It normally takes me about two months give or take a week or so to get you totally clean and off the subs as well. If you do it longer than that you can build up an addiction to the subs and then more work is involved. Let me know how I can help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I had been doing 1-2 grams of >>>>>> a day for about a year when I started methadone 2 months ago. I am now up to 70 mg and I want to find the easiest way to get off of the methadone. I want to find out how to get off the methadone without getting too sick. I know I will have to withdrawl at some point but I just want to know the easiest way to do it. thanks

Anonymous Guest

yup i had similar history only lot longer, subs would be your best bet to get off methadone... but you have to get down to about 30mg on your methadone to make a decent switch over.... (mind you i told em bs and got thru with the skin of my teeth, switched that is, but i got precipitated withdrawls coz of my bs, ) thats why they recommend getting down to that dose.

it is possible tho, you havent used for that long, so you may have lucked out, by recognising this now, before you end up addicted for years and years, that sucks...

yup, start working on gettin that dose down mate, then you will be able to get inducted on subs, btw, doctors are notorious for giving far too much sub, but you will learn a lot from this place, read around, theres a link im sure robert will post, which covers everything, and once you read it things will make sense...

good luck... for me, i was able to taper off subs with far less difficulty than any of my previous attempts to taper methadone,. and im off subs now, since dec last year. bout 8 months,... you go for it mate... clean well before christmas, sounds good...?? cool..
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

Default Hiya Cheekster!

Cheeks--I've been reading around here for years (and just started post recently), and yours is one of the truly remarkable success stories, as well as being fun to read, what with your quaint kiwi-isms.
    I'm glad you've stuck around to help others get off methadone and subs.

Jneville--cheekysod has been down your route. Listen carefully to every word Robert posts. He really knows his stuff. Robert's your point man, and cheeky will be keeping you focused. Just remember--she's been there! And you can get to where she is now!! Good luck. You're in good hands!

how should I go from 70mg to 30mg of methadone. I dont want to drag it out. I want to do it in about a month if thats possible.

Anonymous Guest

if you think you can handle a 10mg drop a week, then you can get to 30mg in a month, i know there are ways around it. coz i actually bullpooped my doctor, and said i was on far less than i actually was... but i did suffer precipitated withdrawls coz i did that.... so its far better to do it right...

up to you... i guess the next week or so will tell, you will have to drop, 5 or 10mg, and see how ya go.... then after you stabilize go again. but be careful, ya dont wanna drop too quick and get sick...

shrimp, aw thanks.. i forget sometimes the helluva journey i took to get here. nice to hear people readin my little story. cheers bro.. and yeh, i wanna give back something, coz hell yeh i know how it feels. hard out. yup... kiwi isms, haha come on bro, i talk normal.. always. lol. lol....

anyway, juvee, its in your hands, you have to get to 30mg by hook or by crook, before you even think of starting on subs... promise if ya take shortcuts you might get really sick like i did. and that is INSTANT hard out withdrawls, before i left the clinic i had been to the bathroom 3 times, and its a wonder i could drive home and deposit myself in bed, fully dressed for the next 48 hours.. it was sheer hell. so please whatever you do, dont go down that road...

catch ya when your dose is down a bit eh.,.. good on ya.... cheeky

bumppppppp