Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes
Suboxone Withdrawal
    mhc2008 is offline New Member

I was taking blues(oc 30 mgs) multiple times a day and ended up snorting multiple oxy 80s per day. I ended up on suboxone, 3 8mgs per day for about 2 months. Then i decided to stop cold turkey which was stupid and ended up in me relapsing. Going cold turkey from around 24mgs of sub per day is idiotic. I lasted around 3 days and then I couldn't take it anymore. I said to myself I'd just do a little of the oxy 80 every day. Of course this plan didn't work and I became fully immersed in the cycle again. I was snorting numerous oxy 80s per day again and was pissed at myself and felt stupid. I did this for about 1.5 months and then went back to my doctor to try sub again. This time I was prescribed 4 8mgs per day. I got a month supply which added up to around 118 8mg subs. I knew from doing research on this site and others that I did not want to become a long term sub user, so I made a plan for myself to taper (kind of going behind my docs back but after my experience with these types of docs I don't think they fully understand the drug and just like to keep on prescribing). I went from 4 pills (8mg per pill) per day(2 in the morning 2 at night) to 5 per day(2 in morning 1 in afternoon 2 at night) and then back down to 4 then to 3 then to 2 then to 1 then to .5 then to .25 then to .125 per day. It was hard at first to stay strict to this schedule since I had so many pills on hand, but I was determined to beat this mothereffer this time and after the first 2 weeks or so of the schedule I was able to handle the tapering pretty easily. All in all it took me about 6 weeks. I just ran out about 3 days ago. I felt some minor wds and still do, but the intensity is not nearly as bad as the wd from strong oxys or the wd from my previous sub experience. I know that it still might get worse, but I am prepared to deal with it because I know that the alternative is even more painful in the long run. Also, I found that cold and flu medicine helps a little bit.
    I just want to give some people some hope, and also just want to voice my experience because i don't have many people to talk to about this.

Sorry if this post is a ramblefest but I'm at work and want to write this quickly.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default mch2008

I really hate to hear of people taking 32-40mg of suboxone a day. That is entirely too much. I don't think anyone needs that much. But regardless of all that it's very cool to hear about your success.

There used to be nothing but complaints and horror stories about suboxone and subutex on this forum. Of course people that get well don't often take the time to post about it so consequently all we see are the bad stories. It's kind of like reading about or watching the news. We only hear the negatives.

Glad you are doing so well. Having three days completely off everything is an extremely critical time. At three days you are right exactly where the half life of suboxone begins to show it's ugly face. This will subside, just hang in there if you are affected. If you do feel the w/d symptoms they shouldn't last beyond about one week. Half life is kind of difficult to explain or even understand completely especially with a drug that we have taken on an ongoing basis, not just a one-time thing.

Please keep us posted how you are doing. We always like to hear another success story so people in the same boat as you can hear about what you did and how you dealt with the different problems while detoxing. Your story shows that even people who have a fairly serious opiate problem can use suboxone and be successful detoxing from opiates.

LaurasAngel is offline New Member

Question suboxone addiction

I have been taking Suboxone for about 4 months now and I started out with 16mg a day. I went down to 4mg a day about two months ago, then began experiencing minor withdraw symptoms like hot sweats, mood changes. It's definently harder to detox than I thought. Last time I went to see the doc he upd my dose to 14mg. I feel like that is going to take me forever to stop. Its like I depend on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasAngel View Post
    I have been taking Suboxone for about 4 months now and I started out with 16mg a day. I went down to 4mg a day about two months ago, then began experiencing minor withdraw symptoms like hot sweats, mood changes. It's definently harder to detox than I thought. Last time I went to see the doc he upd my dose to 14mg. I feel like that is going to take me forever to stop. Its like I depend on it now.

It's not as difficult as this to get off suboxone. Doesn't sound like you are tapering properly. Be glad to help if you would really like to get off. God bless.

sadlilmom is offline New Member

Unhappy Kinda Scared,

Like some others ive read about, Ive been doing pain pills for alot of years. about 11.I want so badly to stop but the withdrawl is so bad. I started getting Suboxone off the street to try and help get my off the hydro and it does help. Now im afraid of the withdrawl from it. Is it a worse, about the same or easier than pain killers. Im truely scared.

Quote Originally Posted by sadlilmom View Post
    Like some others ive read about, Ive been doing pain pills for alot of years. about 11.I want so badly to stop but the withdrawl is so bad. I started getting Suboxone off the street to try and help get my off the hydro and it does help. Now im afraid of the withdrawl from it. Is it a worse, about the same or easier than pain killers. Im truely scared.

I hate it when people buy suboxone on the street, take it without any supervision and then don't know what to do or expect. It's not the way to do this. But you are where you are. Now you have to deal with it the best way possible.

So how much suboxone are you taking a day? Need to know as close as you can possibly get it in mg per day. How do you take your doses each day? And how long have you taken suboxone daily? Has your dose been constant or have you jumped around with how much you take?

I need to have this information before I can give you any kind of an accurate answer to your questions. You have not provided enough information about yourself to be able to tell you what to expect. I will look for your reply. God bless.

jillg is offline Member

Unhappy I'm getting scared.

Are the wd's that bad?Please tell me what to expect.on 12mgs and have 13/4mgs left until I can get to Dr and don't know when he's seeing his sub patients again usuall 2x's a month he comes in and when I called tonight I heard it won't be until the first Saturday in Nov. Ughh why did I have to try and save money??Freaking out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jillg View Post
    Are the wd's that bad?Please tell me what to expect.on 12mgs and have 13/4mgs left until I can get to Dr and don't know when he's seeing his sub patients again usuall 2x's a month he comes in and when I called tonight I heard it won't be until the first Saturday in Nov. Ughh why did I have to try and save money??Freaking out right now.

check your last post. You need to get away from the new dr.

sadlilmom is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I hate it when people buy suboxone on the street, take it without any supervision and then don't know what to do or expect. It's not the way to do this. But you are where you are. Now you have to deal with it the best way possible.

So how much suboxone are you taking a day? Need to know as close as you can possibly get it in mg per day. How do you take your doses each day? And how long have you taken suboxone daily? Has your dose been constant or have you jumped around with how much you take?

I need to have this information before I can give you any kind of an accurate answer to your questions. You have not provided enough information about yourself to be able to tell you what to expect. I will look for your reply. God bless.
    Sometimes ppl do what they have to do. Im a widow with little money and no insurance. Doctors got me hooked on pain killers over the years and i have tried on my own to stop but too much pain. I dont know what mg they are. Thier called (stop signs) and there orange. I take a half "melt it under my tounge" when i wake up and another half later on in the day. Ive been doing this for about 3 weeks now. I came to this site for help but i feel like im beeing judged. U dont know me or the hell ive been threw over the last few yrs. I sit hear with tears in my my eyes because im trying so hard to hang on to hang on to this life and once again ive been made to feel like a cheap pillhead.

Anonymous Guest

Hi sadlilmom
    we are all a bunch of pill heads here no one is going to judge you.
    just dont want you to get hurt.
    somone will be able to tell you what mg they are just check back
    so hang on hun,we can help you,it will be ok.
    talk to ya soon,melinda

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Sometimes ppl do what they have to do. Im a widow with little money and no insurance. Doctors got me hooked on pain killers over the years and i have tried on my own to stop but too much pain. I dont know what mg they are. Thier called (stop signs) and there orange. I take a half "melt it under my tounge" when i wake up and another half later on in the day. Ive been doing this for about 3 weeks now. I came to this site for help but i feel like im beeing judged. U dont know me or the hell ive been threw over the last few yrs. I sit hear with tears in my my eyes because im trying so hard to hang on to hang on to this life and once again ive been made to feel like a cheap pillhead.
    Melinda is right we are all pill heads.Robert is the biggest ex pill head of all..He has helped tons of people like you and I...We are very aware of the hell you have been thru...We have been there many times...Robert ... will be the one to help you taper off suboxone...He spent a month with me and I tapered w/d free.No one judges anyone here..We are all here to help each other..Robert helps more people than the rest of us combined help anyone....Don't be so sensitive here...The underlying issue is life threatening...You have come to the right place for help.We are also brutally honest at times...Read some of Roberts post with others and you will understand how frustrating this can be.....I am not taking up for Robert...He does not need me to do that..lol
    ..Good luck and God bless

Relax mom! No one is judging you here, certainly not me. You have to understand that people come here after they have totally messed up what they are doing sometimes and want a miracle. I just do the best that I can. I will be happy to help you but try to not be so defensive. When we get to this point it's about dealing with reality and where we truly are. I just speak the truth, that is all. Some people who buy off the street come here and have been taking 3 or 4 of those orange pills a day. It leaves me behind the 8 ball with few options.

I am actually happy to see the amount of suboxone that you've been taking. So happens splitting that orange pill in half twice a day is absolutely perfect. That is an 8mg pill and you have done exactly what I would have suggested to you to start at. That is great. So you really lucked out on that. We can get you through the rest of this pretty easily.

If you have been taking 8mg a day for three weeks its getting close to the time where you should begin to taper down. Doesn't have to be today but it should be sometime over the next few days, no longer than another week. If you are ready I will help you with the correct taper where it won't be painful and place you in w/d. Tell me you're ready and we will begin. Please understand that I am on your side.

Again don't think I was judging. You haven't done half the DUMB things in your life that I have most likely. I am one of the worst one of us all. Just stay in touch and we will get you through this if you will just follow instructions. God bless.

frimpin is offline New Member

Default Your advice is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    There is no reason to go through pain if you are doing this with Suboxone and DON'T GET ANY DARVOCETS. That is why you are taking the Suboxone to not suffer W/Ds. I used sub for about 6 weeks total before stopping it entirely. I had no problems stopping, no W/Ds, no nothing. It was a breeze. Here is what I suggest for you. You don't have to stop cold if it bothers you. Three weeks is a good time though to start tapering off. You are taking very little to start with so this should not be that difficult.

I think it's the perfect time now to do exactly as you said ... cut back a little. But what I would do is start now going to 1mg for about 4-5 days. Split your dose to half in the AM and half in the evening. After a 4-5 days try skipping one of the doses then taking only 1/2mg a day. Do that for another 3-4 days. Now all of the detox will for sure be complete from the opiates. You probably had not completed detoxing before when you had pain trying to stop. You had not given it long enough yet. When you are only taking the 1/2mg, if you have any problems you can always break off just a very little piece extra and take it. After a few days at 1/2mg start skipping a day, then take 1/2mg again. Then skip 2 days, then take 1/2mg again. Then skip 3 days, then take 1/2 mg again. Now after you have skipped 3 days successfully, then it is time to stop completely.

You don't have to rush it. Try to follow what I have outlined here and I promise you will be able to do this. Let me know how you are doing and I can give you more suggestions as you progress. I am on here every day and I've done this myself with no trouble. It's not difficult at all if you do it properly. Keep posting and just relax. You have come to the right place and this will not be that hard. Good luck and God bless.

I am brand new to this site. I just wanted to say that I have been on Suboxone for about six weeks after a four year addiction to oxys. I live in Canada, which just recently made suboxone available, but extremly hard to get. When I finally did get a doctor, I was originally prescribed about 22 mg a day. I stayed at that for about two weeks but i have got myself down to about 4mgs a day by myself. I was very scared about getting off completely after reading post after pessimistic posts, untill I read yours to others about your success. Inside , I believed that I had such a positive experience getting off the oxys, it seemed to good to be true, yet I really feel ready to get off subs altogether. I really needed to read your about your success and hopeful words I thank you so much for the posts and advice how to taper off. If possible, could you give me some advice on the best way to proceed off from 4mg daily? I actually feel like i am getting my life back and would like to finish this finall step towards being clean Thank you so very much
    Last edited by frimpin; 11-17-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: adding comments

Quote Originally Posted by frimpin View Post

I am brand new to this site. I just wanted to say that I have been on Suboxone for about six weeks after a four year addiction to oxys. I live in Canada, which just recently made suboxone available, but extremly hard to get. When I finally did get a doctor, I was originally prescribed about 22 mg a day. I stayed at that for about two weeks but i have got myself down to about 4mgs a day by myself. I was very scared about getting off completely after reading post after pessimistic posts, untill I read yours to others about your success. Inside , I believed that I had such a positive experience getting off the oxys, it seemed to good to be true, yet I really feel ready to get off subs altogether. I really needed to read your about your success and hopeful words I thank you so much for the posts and advice how to taper off. If possible, could you give me some advice on the best way to proceed off from 4mg daily? I actually feel like i am getting my life back and would like to finish this finall step towards being clean Thank you so very much

You are very fortunate that you got down from that 22mg dose. Thats entirely too high. Doses that high usually are part of the cause for the horror stories you read about. Drs should pass out so much of this medication.

After we get down to less than 4mg the taper starts getting more difficult. Not meaning it can't be done it's just that it needs close monitoring. The way I usually work with people especially at this low dose to by talking on a daily basis and making suggestions as you go. We are all a little different and there isn't a standard step one, two, three, etc. I would be happy to help you if I can. We just need to start talking regularly so that I know you are following suggestions and they are working effectively.

I suggest that you begin a new thread so we can track your personal results each day. Most people doing this have threads on the Need To Talk category. I will be watching for your post and then we can move forward if you like. If you look around the Need to Talk category you will find about five different people that I am doing this with right now. They are all doing great. Stay in touch. God bless.

bhhs4050 is offline New Member

Default New, help please

Hi, I am new to this and do not take suboxone. A friend of mine has been taking it ever since she completed treatment for a >>>>>> addiction about a year ago. She has tapered her dose down to a quarter a day so 2mg. She wants off of it badly as it is pure maint to take it now as well as cash flow not to mention buying it on the street.

I did some research and suggested taking a quarter every other day. She does okay for a while and by the end of the day without it experiences bad lower back pain.

So, she told me she got something from the person she buys the subs from that is supposed to help with the withdrawal symptoms but couldn't tell me the name of it. What I saw was either a football shaped or round orange pill and she said it had "30" on it. She said they are white sometimes. I of course was worried and wondered what it could be but didn't want to get in a fight over it. I want to know what it was. She said she'd taken it before in treatment. She took it straight up, no under the tounge and ended up taking a quarter sub about 2 hours later which made me think it couldn't be anything bad becuase I heard if you take anything with a sub, you will get sick.

My question is, does anyone know what this could have been? More importantly, is it something bad I should be concerned about? If it was hydro or morph, could the pain be relieved and not get "high"? It was a horrible week for her as well with family and personal issues and I'm scared. Please help.
    Last edited by bhhs4050; 11-17-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhhs4050 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this and do not take suboxone. A friend of mine has been taking it ever since she completed treatment for a >>>>>> addiction about a year ago. She has tapered her dose down to a quarter a day so 2mg. She wants off of it badly as it is pure maint to take it now as well as cash flow not to mention buying it on the street.

I did some research and suggested taking a quarter every other day. She does okay for a while and by the end of the day without it experiences bad lower back pain.

So, she told me she got something from the person she buys the subs from that is supposed to help with the withdrawal symptoms but couldn't tell me the name of it. What I saw was either a football shaped or round orange pill and she said it had "30" on it. She said they are white sometimes. I of course was worried and wondered what it could be but didn't want to get in a fight over it. I want to know what it was. She said she'd taken it before in treatment. She took it straight up, no under the tounge and ended up taking a quarter sub about 2 hours later which made me think it couldn't be anything bad becuase I heard if you take anything with a sub, you will get sick.

My question is, does anyone know what this could have been? More importantly, is it something bad I should be concerned about? If it was hydro or morph, could the pain be relieved and not get "high"? It was a horrible week for her as well with family and personal issues and I'm scared. Please help.

If it was a round orange pill with a 30 imprint most likely it was a generic adderall which is an amphetamine. Don't know if it was football shaped and the other info is the same.

A RX pain med would not work effectively while on the suboxone. Suboxone would have no effect on how the adderall works. I would watch it if your freind is starting to take amphetamines now too. We help people detox off the suboxone here all the time. Your friend has to be willing to follow instructions though for us to be able to help. God bless.

fitzcoyote is offline Junior Member

~ My fiance is desparetly trying to get suboxone, but right now, he is still on 20mgs of methadone a day but he complains of back pain often as well...and I thought it was from using all of the time, that he didn't feel pain he perviously had.... but now I am wondering... because he had it monday morning after not working on sunday...hmmmm....
    always pondering
    "If the horse don't pull you have to carry the load"

...always pondering~

Quote Originally Posted by fitzcoyote View Post
    ~ My fiance is desparetly trying to get suboxone, but right now, he is still on 20mgs of methadone a day but he complains of back pain often as well...and I thought it was from using all of the time, that he didn't feel pain he perviously had.... but now I am wondering... because he had it monday morning after not working on sunday...hmmmm....
    always pondering

If he is still tapering down off the methadone, body pain is a common w/d symptom. Perhaps he should slow down his taper a little. Can't say for sure but that might help. God bless.

She told me she didn't fall asleep until very late that night too. That would make sense. She said since she started to taper the sub dose she has had no desire to eat and has lost weight very quick. Before though, she was healthy and eating all the time.

When she told me she didnt go to sleep till very late, I brought it up again of what was the pill and she quickly told me it had nothing to do with it.

Would she test positive on a DT from adderall then? How long does it stay in one's system?

Also, one more question: is it known that people use adderall to try to get through the withdrawals of suboxone?

Ohh God. Thank you so much for your help.
    Last edited by bhhs4050; 11-17-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhhs4050 View Post
    She told me she didn't fall asleep until very late that night too. That would make sense. She said since she started to taper the sub dose she has had no desire to eat and has lost weight very quick. Before though, she was healthy and eating all the time.

When she told me she didnt go to sleep till very late, I brought it up again of what was the pill and she quickly told me it had nothing to do with it.

Would she test positive on a DT from adderall then? How long does it stay in one's system?

Ohh God.

Sounds just like adderall to me. She has all the symptoms. Suboxone DOES NOT make you lose weight or keep you from eating. If she was reducing her suboxone dose too quickly it could cause w/d symptoms but that is all.

The adderall would show up as an amphetamine on a drug test. It would not be detectable after about three days based on her using a single time. Using adderall to get through w/d symptoms is nothing more than using another drug. You DON'T take adderall for w/d symptoms. Good luck and God bless.

You have been such a great help thank you so much.

If it's not adderall and she's being honest, what could this drug be? Is there anything out there that people really do take to help with these withdrawal symptoms?

Thank you!

"People" take all kinds of things including amphetamines thinking it will make their w/d symptoms better. All they are doing in this situation is taking another drug with effects that are stronger than the w/d symptoms. I am not mocking you but rather poking at them.

There is no drug that is designed for dealing with w/d other than a anti-diarrhea medication or something like that. Think logically about this. If not an amphetamine then I have no idea what she has been taking. I try to look at the seemingly obvious based on the symptoms and then state my opinion accordingly. God bless.

Thank you very much Robert_325. HUGE help.

pilladdict is offline New Member

Exclamation just started suboxone and want to do it right

after 5 plus years of norco addiction (140-180 mgs a day or 14 to 18 325/10's) my doctor put me on Sub yesterday. 32mg per day. I took my first dose yesterday. I dissolved (4) 8 mg tabs under my tongue.

First I have to say I feel great. its about 17 hours later. I was suffering moderate withdrawal before taking the meds and that is gone and i have no w/d or craving to use.

After reading the horror stories on this site, i am a little concered about sub however. It sounds like the dose i am on may be way to high, and i dont want to over medicate. The plan is to get off the drugs right?

I also realize my drug addiction is heavy. Can someone give me an alternative gameplan? I am paying cash for these drugs and dont want to be spending this money for months and months.

Robert seems to be very knowledgeable and would appreciate his feedback as well. I am committed to stopping using but like everyone here i have a hard time with the withdrawal and have a good job that I need to be present at.

Help!

Default pilladdict

I hate when some of these drs RX so much suboxone. There is NO ONE that I have ever seen that needed 32mg of suboxone. That is stupid. You have every right to be concerned. You've read these threads on the forum so you have seen the kinds of doses most people here are taking ... 4mg, 6mg, 8mg ... an occasional 10mg or 12mg for a few days as an exception. That is it. No one here has ever taken over 12mg that I am aware of unless they came here already taking more and then reduced.

You talk about 14-18 norco being a heavy user. Not to minimize your problem but I was taking at least thirty 30mg roxies per day and I made it just fine on 8mg of subutex. Your usage would not dictate a higher dose of suboxone at all.

I will be happy to do what I can to help. You need to forget that 4 pills is even an option. I will give your dr probably more credit than due and suggest tomorrow taking two doses of 6mg each. Take one when you get up and one late in the afternoon. Then lets talk later in the evening tomorrow after Thanksgiving as I will be gone until early evening.

I have contractors in my home this moment replacing my ceiling from the recent hurricane here so I will be on and off this evening. Post any questions and I will check back in a little bit. God bless.

Default thanks for the response

unfortunately i had already decided and took 24 mgs before read it.
    I willl try your advice tomorrow and hopefully we can talk later and you can give me a taper schedule that worked for you.

Truly, god bless you.

Happy t day everyone.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pilladdict View Post
    unfortunately i had already decided and took 24 mgs before read it.
    I willl try your advice tomorrow and hopefully we can talk later and you can give me a taper schedule that worked for you.

Truly, god bless you.

Happy t day everyone.
    Robert will not give you a taper plan that worked for him.He will give you a personalized taper plan that worked for many of us on this forum,including myself.We all had customized taper plans.Robert tapered me off suboxone with no w/d whatsoever.Listen to him.He is one of the most respected 'probably the most respected adviser in drug addiction' on this forum..Good luck to you!

Default yes I trust him

seems very knowledgable. I am goung to start twice a day starting now with 6mg. one question...my pils are hexagons...are these just aversge migs? when i break them i am assuming i break them into 4 pieces but it isnt going to be exact!

Quote Originally Posted by pilladdict View Post
    seems very knowledgable. I am goung to start twice a day starting now with 6mg. one question...my pils are hexagons...are these just aversge migs? when i break them i am assuming i break them into 4 pieces but it isnt going to be exact!

The orange pills have an 8 and a 2 imprint. They are 8mg buprenorphine and 2mg naloxone. They come in a 2mg and an 8mg strength.

Use a single edge razor and cut 1/4 out of the pill. There is your 6mg dose. Just save the 2mg pieces for subsequent doses.

sobermama08 is offline New Member

Exclamation Would love a taper plan from ROBERT!

I was started on Suboxone last month in rehab(taking in excess of 30 percocet a day. The dr has me on 16 mg a day, and one of his patients are up to 24mg/day. It does seem ridiculously high, even 16mg is too much(they make me nod worse than the percs did). I have expressed concern, but he told me that he would eventually taper me down. In detox, they used Darvon, and had me tapered to 1 pill 2X a day...then had me on 16mg the very next day.
    I would love to start a personalized taper with Robert. I'm willing to do ANYTHING to stay sober, and the sooner I'm off of this med, the better.
    Thank you!!!!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Last edited by sobermama08; 11-27-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast