Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
Suboxone Withdrawal
    Ladylee is offline New Member

Default sfumato

Do it now. You got down to .25mgs-- you cant get much lower. Dont prolong the inevitable any longer. Now is the time. Buck up and do it. Do you have any clonidine and immodium? What about sleep meds?? When youre feeling awful take about 6 tablets of immodium-- it will help take away the heebie jeebies and general yuck feeling. You may never have 48 hrs clean again-- The only way out is through-- keep going-- move forward-- you can do it.

Worked4Me is offline New Member

Default To SFUMATO

Sounds like you had a very similar experience to me. I also tapered to a quarter 2 mg suboxone and am now at about a week from my last dose. I have good news in that I have felt significantly better in each of the last 3 days. The first 3-4 were difficult and I almost slipped back into trying to get suboxone or something else to lessen the withdrawal. But I didn't, and I'm really glad that I didn't. Keep up what you're doing and hopefully you'll have a similar experience to mine. You should notice things getting better soon, if not already.

michigan_man is offline New Member

Smile

Are you guys kidding me, suboxone widthdrawal is not nearly as bad as vicodin, oxycontin or other stuff. If you feel worse from suboxone you probably werent that addicted to pills. I couldnt even leave the house I took a ******************** every 5 mins (diareah) trying to get off pills,(took everyday for 5 years at least) you might get a lil down from suboxone but its not full blown widthdrawals, you get the night sweat but its not nearly as bad as pills, seriously re-evaluate how addicted you really were to pills before you get on suboxone. If you really really badly addicted not just you didnt have enough will power than suboxone will not be as bad. Trust me I stopped taking suboxone like a month ago and thought the widthdrawals were a breeze. Its also miserably cold outside 2 degrees, and have not relapsed, just get tough stop letting your brain trick you, you can do it trust me all this negative talk from everyone just makes you think negative, its not so hard, i was on suboxone for 9 months, 8mgs tapered to 2mg, took about 2 months, than when i was ready i stopped, energy levels were down for a couple weeks but cmon its better than taking a ******************** every 5 mins,
    tempered25 and bkuyk369 like this.

lotabs is offline New Member

Thumbs down fast taper of subox

HI
    I think subox is a bad idea for most of us...

I checked into a detox facility monday, after taking my last dose of percocet the friday before, so i was kinda detoxed when i got there

The docs there put me on a "fast taper" of suboxone--down by days: 4mg, 3mg, 2mg, 1mg, then off. I know subox has a long 1/2 life, but it's now sunday evening (GMT) and i am miserable!!!!!!

Last night rivaled any pain med detox I have ever had!

Anyone have any adivice on this rapid taper or subox detox??? how long is this going to last????

glam86 is offline New Member

Default i'm trying to get off..

hello. i found out about suboxone when it first came out in 2003, and at the time, i was a >>>>>> user until 2006. but then i got onto methadone (from the streets. i had a friend who got take homes everyday) well, worst mistake of my life. i have never felt withdrawl as bad as methadone, and suboxone was my savior.
    but i have a family member who is prescribed to suboxone, and they would give me some because they knew my situation & helped me out.

i know im going to get A LOT of ******************** for this, but i would snort just a tiny piece, once a day, twice once i started school. (i would only do it this way just to conserve. plus, i would do a tiny piece, and be fine all day. if i took half the way its supposed to, i wouldn't feel it half as much)
    but i'm tired of living this life and i want to get myself off. like i said, i am in school now and it's everyday, so i would like to know your opinion on how bad withdrawl is going to be like.. and since i would take so little if it would have as much as an impact. i know withdrawl will happen, but im just wondering if it would be as bad.. ive been doing it everyday for 3 months now, and before that, twice or three times a week.

please don't tell me what an idiot i am for doing it the way i did.
    i appreciate the help.. thank you.

wanabe clean is offline Junior Member

Default need detailed withdrawal instruction!

My story is just like every addict on this thread. I am at 8mg of suboxone for 80 days, yes it has helped. Yesterday, I decided to quit because I haven't cracked a smile since beginning the suboxone Well, I almost needed to be hospitalized, I thought I was having a heart attack. I now know that just stopping abruptly is not an option. So, my question is: EXACTLY how do you taper off and what is the duration? It is 3/16/08 can I be off this stuff by 5/16/08 without suffering too badly? I quit cold turkey Methadone and was very very sick for three weeks, I don't have another withdrawal like that one left in me. Please, someone has done this and has been successful right? Please, let me hear your story.
    Last edited by wanabe clean; 03-16-2008 at 09:48 PM.

michigan_man is offline New Member

Widthdrawals from sub are, mostly anxiety(a lot)physically i felt fine.(no bad mud butt) occasional deppression Let me see if I can explain on how to do this as painless and easy as possible. This is how it goes. About every 2 weeks or whenever u feel comfortable cut your dose in half. If u are at 8mg and u feel good cut it to 4. Wait about 2 weeks for your body to adjust than keep doing it every 2 weeks and when u get down to 1mg, u got it !cut that in half also. Now this is where I forgot to mention in my last post. When u get down to either 1mg or .5mg its up to u on how u feel . get a script or talk to one of your old connections and get some xanax or valium for about 10 days or so. Just make sure u dont get addicted to benzo's I almost died the first time I quit cold turkey from 10mgs a day I made it exactly 50hours( I stopped taking vicodin too,I felt like i was in an acid trip a bad one,i was shaking so bad) that was bad ,with suboxone its really the anxiety that killed my first, second and third attempts. I tried to quit to fast. Everything else is not to bad. If u have something for anxiety than you will be gravy. Just make sure u taper correctly and dont rush it. Cut doses in half every 2 weeks till ur down to 1mg or .5 mg .its up to u ,than get something for anxiety(please dont take benzos for more than 10 days u will get way worse widthdrawal than suboxone) u cant die from suboxone widthdrawal i dont think but u can from benzos, this first time i quit opiates i used benzos I quit for 2 months than said I can have just 1 vicodin, than I got a very demanding job(midnight shift) and was popping vicodin, ms contin, percocet all at once oh yeah and tramadol,and 10mgs xanax I swear it was stronger than when I did >>>>>>, , i even went to canada to get codiene pills they sell them but theyre only 8mgs of codiene and tons of tylenol, my doc told me my liver looks like it has hepatitis, is this possible, i hope i will be ok I just know i never wanna live like that again, my life is to important to me and I made it so far its been a couple months now. U can do it just follow my plan, oh yeah running everyday and eating multi vitamin pills and drink naked juice works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Worked4Me View Post
    Sounds like you had a very similar experience to me. I also tapered to a quarter 2 mg suboxone and am now at about a week from my last dose. I have good news in that I have felt significantly better in each of the last 3 days. The first 3-4 were difficult and I almost slipped back into trying to get suboxone or something else to lessen the withdrawal. But I didn't, and I'm really glad that I didn't. Keep up what you're doing and hopefully you'll have a similar experience to mine. You should notice things getting better soon, if not already.
    are you still clean? What did you take the days after stopping suboxone?

bradn6919 is offline New Member

Default don't use subs for longer than a month!!!!

by one month you should be down to 1-2 mg. if you are not, be prepared to suffer withdrawals. It is made to postpone the original symptoms, not stop them forever.

kygirl80 is offline New Member

Default my experience

I have been reading about everyone's experience coming off suboxone and thought I would share mine. I had a friend who would give me some of his take home. I followed the regiment his doctor had him following. I was down to 1/2mg a day up until this past Monday. I had not used Oxy's for a couple of weeks before getting back on the suboxone. The first two days I felt fine. I honestly thought when I woke up on the third day that I was not going to have any withdrawals. Boy was I wrong! By that night I was in full blown withdrawals...sweating, rapid heartbeats, couldn't breathe. The fourth day was even worse. I had all of the above plus I was sick to my stomach and constantly felt like I was going to throw up. I felt like I was roasting in the tanning bed with a really bad sunburn. But my feet and ankles were ice cold. If I hadn't been at my parents house, far away from all my "hook ups" I would have relapsed. I'm on the fifth day now and starting to feel better. The sweating lasts about 10 minutes every three hours now. The anxiety has subsided and I'm really glad I stuck it out. But, if I had to do it all over again, I would have "thrown down" one last time with a week of taking 80mg of oxy a day. And then I would have went cold turkey. Suboxone stays in your system longer. Killers are out of your body in about 3 days so withdrawals shouldn't last any longer. Actually, if I had to do it all over again, I would have never got hooked on oxy's in the first place. Hang in there and stay strong, it is definitely better on the other side of the fence. Good luck to everyone!

Charliez is offline Member

Default sub

Quote Originally Posted by Worked4Me View Post
    This is great news!!!!!Thanks for sharing
    Nothing surprises me

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default a relapse during Sub use---now what to expect

I am so thankful I got to this site. I have read some great information that has been really informative. It has given me some good insight as to what to expect in W/Ds. My story is a little different and I haven't read anything exactly like it. Was hoping I would so I would not have to make myself look so stupid in my posts. Hope someone can tell me if you think my circumstances will make my W/D any different than some of the others. Had kind of relapse, but it was kind of a relapse with an excuse. Does that exist??? lol

I was a long term very heavy opiate user, was going through treatment, on the fifth day was real sick, was put on Subutex and went home with no symptoms a couple days later. That would have been easy enough. After about 30 days or so at home I had some bad teeth problems with a bridge and a crown that came off and got infected. Man...toothaches are bad! Well, the dentist prescribed antibiotics along with loricets ... I should have known better I know ... but you know how it goes. I took them. The antibiotics gave me an excuse. Won't happen again I pray.

I was smart enough to stop the Subutex while on the loricets. Of course I let the 10 days on loricets ( HA HA ...this wasn't smart though, huh??? ) turn into almost a month. I threw some xanax and klonopin in with them. And I went overboard on everything then. I haven't put this in my previous posts. Didn't think it was that critical, but I want to put it all out there so I can get the correct advice. Went back to my dr and made up a reason for not seeing him on my last appt date. I was sick when I went to see him, so I was back into withdrawals when I started back on the Subs. Made sure I waited for that. I have been back on Subs for about 2 weeks now.

I figure when I actually look at my time on Subs and how it will affect the intensity of my withdrawals I should really look at the most recent date I started back on them. Doesn't that seem right? Seems that the near month on loricets should have got the 8mg a day of Subs out of me by the time I started back on them a couple weeks ago as I had only been on them a month when I screwed up with the dentist. I am having problems with the Benzos now(W/D) as I am taking nothing. But I have a couple weeks behind me so I figure I made it past the seizure danger. Still having electricic (zaps) through my body and trouble sleeping but I will survive that. Does it seem right that if I start into a taper within two weeks, it will be the same as if I only have an actual month on the Subs as far as how bad my WDs will be as I taper? Plus that will give me a good month off the Benzos so I should not have to deal with that. Does this make sense ??? All of it except for my stupidity that is?

Dave ..... I saw your post on my thread about long term opiate abuse. Thanks. When I go to the dr next week I will have enough time that the Benzos should be out of my system. I will get him to help me make a very long term and slooowwwww reduction in my plan for completing my detox with Subutex use. I have a much better attitude today than yesterday and that is what this about I know ... progress not perfection as they say! I am figuring cut it back to 6mg now until I see the dr next week, then 4mg a day next month, 2mg the next month, 1mg the next and then stop. I have done some hard core detoxing before. I can handle stopping at the 1mg I am sure. After surviving Oxy/Benzo detox cold turkey I know I can do it. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-01-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: saw Dave's suggestion from another post

Default Damn........a big set back!

I have been on 4 mg sub's for a week now, I guess I for got to mention the Benzo's (ativan 1mg) 3 X daily. Anyway, went to the doctor yesterday and he told me to up my dose of sub's and take as little of benzo's as possible.........what the heck, he know's I am an addict!! With that I am going to stick to my weaning of sub's to 2 mg. in 3 days, then try and wean off the benzo's perhaps with some seroquil. Benzo's suck........anyone have any experience with that W/D? I feel as all I have done is prolong the inevitable, that their WILL ALWAYS be sickness while quitting any drug even the freeking antibiotics, so I guess I should just "pay the piper" now rather than later? Anyway, just trying to make progress, that in it's self is a good thing. I was a bodybuilder and at the top of my game, clean from anything that affects you from the neck up for 8 years, then BAM......within 2 months from my last show I had an organ removed, four transfusions, chemotherapy, and hospitalized 12 times.......I managed to live but in the process I was first introduced to opiates, I know have been struggling to get clean for 4 years with 90 days being the longest..........like my name," I WANABE CLEAN" I wanna smile in my heart again..............Just keepin' it real

prettypoopoo is offline New Member

You're right, suboxone withdrawal isn't that bad, but after 4 years of >>>>>> 8x a day (I went cold turkey once and ended up in the hospital,not rehab, for 5 days, they hooked me up to morphine and it was about a week before I started using again), my sub dr. actually said I would just be irritiable for a couple of days after weaning off sub (which I did over 6 mos). It's been 2 weeks and if I could find some opioids, I'd take them. I'm miserable...I push myself everyday to get through work, feeling like ********************, and everyone wondering what' s wrong with me. That's why I finally got on this site....to find a solution! I don't sleep, my entire body feels like it's electrified, and I still yawn, stretch, and my eyes continue to water. What can I do that's not going to prolong this?

dualaddicted is offline New Member

Default bad company

Staying clean and sober is a matter of life and death for me. Suboxone helped me to kick a serious >>>>>> addiction. There are a LOT of people giving advice that should not be. A lot of people are making statements that are simply NOT true. The absolute worse person you can get info from is an actively using addict. Please talk to someone who is knowledgeable and has your best interest at heart. Go to an NA or AA meeting and find someone with a substantual amount of clean time and talk to them. "An addict , all alone, is in bad company".
    LauraL3 likes this.

crownofthorns is offline New Member

Default Tough Call with Suboxone Use...

It has been interesting reading all of these posts, as I too am on Suboxone. Unlike those taking around 100, 150 mg of Hydrocodone per day I was taking 400 mg of Oxycodone per day, having started way back at two regular vicodins and progressing from there over time as the tolerance was built. I also went into a 3 day hospitalized program where my oxy was reduced, they got me into withdrawal, then began the Suboxone treatment. I was started on 10 mg of Suboxone a day beginning in November of 2007 and am now at 2 mg per day. This seems to be the critical point that I cannot get past. I think someone else mentioned getting down to 2 mg a day and having a tough time after that. Even at that dose (or at the higher ones for that matter) I will get occasional random withdrawal symptoms, such as last night when I woke up in pain, sweating, etc. and needed to take some before when I normally do in the morning upon waking. The difficult part for me is that I have multiple chronic pain problems (why I was on opiates to begin with) and those problems are not going anywhere anytime soon and I do not always know the difference between withdrawal pains and what is my normal painful scenario. When I get all sweaty and restless and am kicking my legs all over trying to get comfortable I am inclined to associate that with a withdrawal symptom. For people who have long-term opioid usage issues, whether necessitated by medical reasons like my case or not, it is important to recognize that suboxone is really neither good nor bad, but a bit of both. It is helpful in terms of pain (to an extent, nothing is like the real deal) but also caps the upside of the drugs that make them so addictive in order to help people become functional again. I want to be off of this stuff entirely though did not expect to see the intensity of withdrawal symptoms, even when the dose was .25 mg, that have been encountered here. It makes me not want to come off if it will be like that. I recently moved, in the last month, and am seeing a new doctor tomorrow to talk pain management. It would be nice to get back on something generic since brand names, even with good insurance, still cost a lot. I simply do not have it in me to go through 2 or 3 weeks of withdrawals and pain; since I live in chronic pain it really gets to me and I cant sit around and not try to alleviate it since it gets intense. I am a physically active person despite my pain issues and so I ought to have a ton of endorphins floating around my body yet I still get a lot of agitating, annoying pain. Not sure if there is a great solution to any of this, and being that Suboxone is pretty new I almost wonder if I would be better off on methadone or the fentanyl patch etc. On days where I have even moved my suboxone dose to the evening instead of morning, with the aid of muscle relaxers, I still get miserable just waiting that extra handful of hours. I guess that it really does take time to retrain opioid receptors that have been in use for a long time, and considering that suboxone is still an opioid it will follow that the same kind of problems will be evident with its withdrawal as with anything else. The trick it that for heavier users, it provides a bridge where you are able to get some symptom relief while learning to live without the high (and Suboxone blocks other opioids from binding anyways do if you took some oxycodone during suboxone treatment it would not get you high anyways) in an attempt to get you to a permanent place in life where you can live without any of it. I dont know if others out there have chronic pain which is still an issue and no really good solution for it; I feel like if I was not in pain it would be a lot easier to conceive of life without painkillers; but with pain, pain that is still around even with Suboxone, there is not a lot of incentive or motivation to not want the old stuff back when at least it worked. It would be great to hear some more about people's experiences in tapering from that really low dose to the nothing point and see if anyone found a relatively painless way to do it. It is also important to note that Suboxone is 30x more powerful than morphine, so when I think of a 2 mg dose as so low, it would still be 60 mg of morphine, or the same (of not more) of oxycodone, etc in terms of the physical dependency, and that is really no different than needing 100 mg of Hydrocodone a day which is why it seems that a number of people on this site originally picked up Suboxone. So maybe we all need to give ourselves a bit of a break and remember it is a really powerful little pill. As with all drugs, it seems to have a long list of both pros and cons.

PP66 is offline New Member

Because suboxone is a partial opiod agonist, is does cause physical withdrawl symptoms. Physical withdrawal symptoms result from dopomine and other important chemical deficiencies in lieu of metabolizing opiods. Protracted withdrawal is believed to be due to opiod presence in fat cells which have a longer metobolic process.

That said, withdrawal symptoms from suboxone take longer to take effect, and, once they have taken effect, the withdrawal symptoms last much longer than they do with the opiod painkillers you took before using suboxone.

Methodone withdrawal has been reported to last as long as a month or more whereas oxycodone or hydrocodone withdrawal last only 7 to 10 days. Think of it this way, pain pills only last about 4 to 6 hours (painkillers that last longer only do so because of time-release coating that graudually administer the drug even after ingestion throught the GI tract) whereas both suboxone and methodone last for an entire day, or for 24 hours. So, ultimatley they take much longer to metabolize in the body. Therefore, the by-product contained in your fat cells from suboxone takes much longer to be absorbed or depleated (this time period determines the length of time of withdrawal sysmptoms).

Still, if your dose was titrated down to only 1 mg a day. The symptoms should be manageable and, if they are not due to the obligations and responsibilities in your life, I'd recommend taking even .25 mg a day (or half of one 2 mg sublingual tablet every other day). This will give your body a head start and will get that much closer to reaching homeostasis post-suboxone usage with respect to dopomine and seratonin production.

I'm currently taking 32 mg of suboxone every day so I have a ways to go before I'm down to 1 mg a day. GOOD LUCK and let me know how it goes for you!

Also, One important tool no one seems to do and no doctors seem to recommend is the use of a placebo!. Placebo are used in all medical testing to gauge the true usefulness of any medical remedy. In turn, placebo's have proven to be extremely useful all on their own. The connotation between the physical act of taking a pill that ellicits some type of phycotropic effect, no matter how small, has a huge impact on the psychy. So, mix it up a little, dissolve a smarty under the tongue occasionally and eventhough you will know, your mind will not know the difference. It should really help in getting off suboxone all together1
    Last edited by PP66; 04-30-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Charliez is offline Member

Very interesting there PP66 I am on 16mg sub. daily & thinking about the out smarting of the mind you spoke about. I believe there is something to it. Have you ever broken the sub. up just so you could keep going back during the day to take something? I guess behavioral is the word. Yes there is more than we know.
    Nothing surprises me

python134r is offline Member

For years I was a >>>>>> addict, got clean and against my better judgment started a pain Oxy regimen for injuries when I got run over and from a prior accident. I have detoxed in a clinical setting with subutex in 5 days no w/d's after. That was from a 5 bag a day >>>>>> habit.

I have been on this prescription of 30mg x 4 for approx 12 weeks. I have tapered to less than 2 x 30mg a day. I can see a problem looming so I want to stop. Yes it helps the pain but I am not prepared for oxy addiction. I have kicked >>>>>> cold turkey... I know, I have kicked methadone cold turkey too, small dosage thou.

My doc wants me to do the long term thing and I want to do a short 1 week detox as is done in a clinical setting. day 1 8mg 8mg, day 2 8mg 4mg, day 3 4mg 4mg, day 5 4mg 2mg, day 6 2mg 1mg, day 7 1mg done

I am not prepared nor want the long term sub thing. Did I mention I am ready, in my head, really am. I now have a life and a career and I can never go back to "that life".

Am I being unrealistic, I think not but welcome the criticism

It helps being in sunny south florida I find .

Revised plan
    1-8mg 8mg
    2-8mg 6mg
    3-6mg 6mg
    4-6mg 4mg
    5-4mg 4mg
    6-2mg 2mg
    7-Nome

Last time It was basically the same thing but with subutex, I had no real difficulties, proper mindset really goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by python134r View Post
    For years I was a >>>>>> addict, got clean and against my better judgment started a pain Oxy regimen. ............ I have detoxed in a clinical setting with subutex in 5 days no w/d's after. That was from a 5 bag a day >>>>>> habit.

I have been on this prescription of 30mg x 4 for approx 12 weeks. I have tapered to less than 2 x 30mg a day. I can see a problem looming so I want to stop.............................................. ..

My doc wants me to do the long term thing and I want to do a short 1 week detox as is done in a clinical setting. day 1 8mg 8mg, day 2 8mg 4mg, day 3 4mg 4mg, day 5 4mg 2mg, day 6 2mg 1mg, day 7 1mg done

I am not prepared nor want the long term sub thing. Did I mention I am ready, in my head, really am. I now have a life and a career and I can never go back to "that life".

Am I being unrealistic, I think not but welcome the criticism

Python,

I agree that being mentally ready is very very important. You have goals with your career and all. You have everything going for you. Plus you have done serious W/Ds before, so you know what you could be facing.

I was kind of the same way. I did a short taper too. I had been on Subutex for a couple weeks out of rehab when I realized what I was taking. For some the longterm thing is fine. It is definitely better, even longterm, than taking a bunch of opiates from script drs or dealers. I just didn't want to be on any drug any longer and that was after 40 years of opiate abuse. Long time, huh? And I was ready too to do something like you. Well I sat around for a week after doing some research on Subutex/Suboxone and decided to do something different. So even though I had been on it for three weeks at 8mg a day, I don't hold that against myself as I didn't even know what Subutex was when I started on it in rehab. Dr just gave it to me ... didn't tell me what it was.

At three weeks on 8mg a day I started by skipping a day completely, then skipping a dose for a couple days, then doing just 2mg a day for a couple days. Then I just quit cold. No W/Ds, no nothing. And I had done it for three weeks prior. I didn't do any elaborate taper, just did what I could handle each day. So I see no reason why your original plan or your revised plan either one would not work for you. Seems your head is screwed on right to do it and you have experience. I would say go for it. And by the way, I lived in sunny south Florida too while I was addicted .... Sarasota .... and it was just as hard to stay clean there as anywhere else for me. LOL Good luck.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-01-2008 at 02:56 PM.

axel44 is offline New Member

Default axel44

Quote Originally Posted by aDrummer View Post
    i have been on suboxone for 7 days. i was taking 40-50mg of hydro for a few months, gradually building up to that amount after 4 years. do you NEED to stay on suboxone for months? can u just take the suboxone long enough to get you though the withdrawals of the hydrocodone then taper off? man i am so pissed off for getting myself in this situation.
    i have been on subx for 17 months now. i just upped my dose as well.
    i don't even think about withdrawing right now. someday. you can take
    the subx for just as long as you think you need to. a week, two, a few
    years. if you are pissed off that is a good thing, means you want to live
    man. i have not tried to detox from subx yet, so i can't offer any. i did
    try to detox off of 160mgs of norco per day by myself, and in a very nice
    dtox ctr several times. it is some really bad stuff to go through.
    hey, if you are ready do it, if not, don't worry. the subx is way better than
    pain meds to be using every day.

Cool

Confidence is high, thing is I always detox fairly easy, but there's a method to my madness. I always taper down whether It was >>>>>>, Methadone, Oxycodone. Getting off minimal amounts makes it easier exponentially. If you're not ready you're doomed to repeat the cycle. Took me alot of years, misery, Federal and State prison to get me where I am in my life which is so much simpler without a habit. 12 weeks was enough, I still have tons of meds left............gonna dump em........ahhhhhhh showin a little growth.

I am on my third day in the A.M. 6mg 7am 4 mg 7pm

I work for one of the 10 largest companies in the world, I could go to a detox with insurance but I think its unnecessary. Years ago folk's did not have this venue, out patient detox. Ya had to go to a clinical setting, detox, rehab = Time away from job and family. If your in the throes of major addiction. homeless and in that ilk then a clinical setting is recommended for many simply cannot afford outpatient and treatment is necessary too.

Oh, by the way my second job I manage a halfway house for recovering addicts and alcoholics. It helps to have the positive mission of recovery around myself.

My Doctor brought up the subject of using suboxone as pain meds, I refused.
    I really think, in fact I know the stimulus is expensive maitenence for suboxone cause I am paying cash as to have no paper trail.

It gets better folk's, faster than ya think, but it starts and ends with yourself.

Red face >>>> it till ya make it!

Well, it has been reasurring to hear all the stories about suboxone. I am down to 1mg AM and 1mg PM. I went for a 15 mile bike ride yesterday in 80 degree weather and I was freezing. I wanted to just stop and go into rigour mortus, ha! Anyway, it will get better. I am managing pain with physical therapy, yoga and go old chiropractic work weekly. It sure is costly to do it clean, but I can't take the money to my grave. After having 8 years clean and sober, I found myself under-going chemo, organ removal blah blah blah and found a drug that took away al my pain and fear...........opium! Ugly drug, cunning! Anyway, I woke up this morning and I couldn't feel my hands (swollen), that suboxone ******************** sure is powerful, just a little dab will do ya! I am going to try 1 mg a day starting today, wish me luck! Anyone on this thread is a miracle, keeping trying until it sticks~

joeydece22 is offline New Member

Default Need some answers please

I was perscribed suboxone august of last year due to a
    Due to taking 2 oc 80s a day and couldent take it any more
    I took 8 ml of sub and took it down to 2 ml within a month
    And thought I was done with withdrawals and hade felt a lil
    weird and couldent sleep so I took 2 ml at night ever other day.
    I wound up relapsing for 5 months and went back on sub for
    2 weeks the relapsed again for 3 months and I couldent take it anymore
    so I went back on sub for the last time no relapsing anymore
    for a month starting at 4ml and bringing it to 1ml and now its my forth day
    without sub and I haven't slept not one hour. I wanted to know if that would be considered long term use of sub or short term use and ruffly how long it will take for me to start getting some sleep. I also tried all types of sleep aids
    even over the counter stuff nuthing will work. If anyone can help me out please I really want to know how long this is going to last for. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydece22 View Post
    I was perscribed suboxone august of last year due to a
    Due to taking 2 oc 80s a day and couldent take it any more
    I took 8 ml of sub and took it down to 2 ml within a month
    And thought I was done with withdrawals and hade felt a lil
    weird and couldent sleep so I took 2 ml at night ever other day.
    I wound up relapsing for 5 months and went back on sub for
    2 weeks the relapsed again for 3 months and I couldent take it anymore
    so I went back on sub for the last time no relapsing anymore
    for a month starting at 4ml and bringing it to 1ml and now its my forth day
    without sub and I haven't slept not one hour. I wanted to know if that would be considered long term use of sub or short term use and ruffly how long it will take for me to start getting some sleep. I also tried all types of sleep aids
    even over the counter stuff nuthing will work. If anyone can help me out please I really want to know how long this is going to last for. Thank you.

I had an addiction lasting several decades and used Buprenorphine on a short term basis ( a little over a month ) and stopped successfully with no W/D symptoms of any kind. I am doing great today. Just want you to know my experience ... nothing more. Lots of us have been able to do this with positive results. I respect your tenacity in this effort. You will get clean with your attitude. With the extended periods of time between your Suboxone use I would not consider your experience as long term use.

I have a couple of questions and suggestions for you. Questions ... what times during the day do you take the Suboxone? What time do you go to bed? What are you doing prior to going to bed? Suggestions ... if you are taking the Suboxone in two doses then take the last dose as early in the afternoon/evening as possible. Don't take it very close to bedtime. Stop taking it in the evening altogether if you are able. Next ... don't even consider going to bed if you aren't sleepy. Nothing is more negative than tossing and turning. Don't lie in bed watching tv ... only go to bed to sleep or play. Next ... change habits before bedtime. Don't eat. Consider a HOT bath or shower prior to bedtime to relax. Exercise in the early evening. All of these things are conducive to achieving success sleep.

I want to wish you the best of luck this time with continued clean time. I hope you are successful and have no more relapses. They do happen sometimes with addicts. Addicts use ... that is reality. That is why it is called a disease. Please stay focused and continue to post. Not to sound corny, but after a 40 year addiction and several relapses I found that a good humble prayer asking for God's help made a big difference for me this time. You may want to try this. You have nothing to lose but your addiction. Good luck and God bless.

joeydece22 is offline New Member

Thanks for the reply I just feel like from the no sleep I'm going insane but I have been going to work all week but I don't think I could do that much longer if I don't sleep. For sleep I have took trazodone 50ml didnt put me to sleep
    melatonine, tylonol pm, valuum all on different night and nutting got me to sleep only ruined my morning with a hang over. I just hope this don't last much longer. But how ever long it takes I will get threw it cause I will never put my self in this position ever again.

Mesjja6 is offline New Member

Default need advice on suboxone???? Please answer

Help! I am on 2mg of suboxone (1pill) and have been for 3weeks. I told my doctor I wanted to wean off...she said to just stop. That was STUPID....I went through horrible pain....sorry to be discouraging but I think she told me the wrong thing. I want to know what other people were told for tapering off suboxone. I have heard so many things. I have 30 pills left. I figure I would go to 1/2 of 1mg (so 1/4 of the pill) in 1 week or so....Then what? I CANNOT go through the major withdrawals again. I will take it as slow as I can...but I have to take care of my kid! I know that I could get some Darvocet to help with withdrawals if needed....but I think that defeats the whole purpose because wouldn't I go through Darvocet withdrawals too??? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesjja6 View Post
    Help! I am on 2mg of suboxone (1pill) and have been for 3weeks. I told my doctor I wanted to wean off...she said to just stop. That was STUPID....I went through horrible pain....sorry to be discouraging but I think she told me the wrong thing. I want to know what other people were told for tapering off suboxone. I have heard so many things. I have 30 pills left. I figure I would go to 1/2 of 1mg (so 1/4 of the pill) in 1 week or so....Then what? I CANNOT go through the major withdrawals again. I will take it as slow as I can...but I have to take care of my kid! I know that I could get some Darvocet to help with withdrawals if needed....but I think that defeats the whole purpose because wouldn't I go through Darvocet withdrawals too??? HELP!

There is no reason to go through pain if you are doing this with Suboxone and DON'T GET ANY DARVOCETS. That is why you are taking the Suboxone to not suffer W/Ds. I used sub for about 6 weeks total before stopping it entirely. I had no problems stopping, no W/Ds, no nothing. It was a breeze. Here is what I suggest for you. You don't have to stop cold if it bothers you. Three weeks is a good time though to start tapering off. You are taking very little to start with so this should not be that difficult.

I think it's the perfect time now to do exactly as you said ... cut back a little. But what I would do is start now going to 1mg for about 4-5 days. Split your dose to half in the AM and half in the evening. After a 4-5 days try skipping one of the doses then taking only 1/2mg a day. Do that for another 3-4 days. Now all of the detox will for sure be complete from the opiates. You probably had not completed detoxing before when you had pain trying to stop. You had not given it long enough yet. When you are only taking the 1/2mg, if you have any problems you can always break off just a very little piece extra and take it. After a few days at 1/2mg start skipping a day, then take 1/2mg again. Then skip 2 days, then take 1/2mg again. Then skip 3 days, then take 1/2 mg again. Now after you have skipped 3 days successfully, then it is time to stop completely.

You don't have to rush it. Try to follow what I have outlined here and I promise you will be able to do this. Let me know how you are doing and I can give you more suggestions as you progress. I am on here every day and I've done this myself with no trouble. It's not difficult at all if you do it properly. Keep posting and just relax. You have come to the right place and this will not be that hard. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-19-2008 at 10:24 PM.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

One of thing you need to remember is that suboxone (buprenorphene) has a minimum 36hr half-life.You need to wean down slowly or you will suffer withrawls........Dave

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast