Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes
Suboxone Withdrawal
    xxhelzxx is offline Member

WOW. see, i get up for one minute and someone gets on my computer and types something crazy like that to you. lol how dare they do that. must have been my evil twin brother. wait im the evil one. must have been my good twin brother. Ill have a word with him in the morror

hopeful32 is offline Member

ONLY by the grace of the Big Man upatairs did I whip the ******** out of some major F***ing suboxone for the past twelve days. I litterally cannot believe I lived through it this time around....almost gave up, but I did it. I thought a lot about you all...even though I've never met any of you...don't know much about any of the live behind the illusive names....you all represented to me a tremdndous source of srength getting through the detox.

My intentions were to check into a detox facility...my whole family did so much research on rehabs, insurance, medical detox...all that technical stuff. Turns out I wasn't "accepted" into ANY of the eleven major treatment facilities in here in Dallas- because my dosage of suboxone was TOO low and and I was taking both adderell and suboxone as perscribed by my doctor. In fact, one center told me I was probably not taking enough suboxone, but would gladly "fix me up". That's when I decided to go against your very sound advice, Robert...I was, to say the least, scared ****less but so enraged at the system, I said F*** IT!

I took three weeks off work to get off 3mg of suboxone (got down from 16 mg 9 months ago), and had 15 clonadine- which truly helpedand then and endured about eight nights of the worst hell I've ever had. I've had meningits....detoxong off this ******** was far worse. I delivered an almost nine pound baby with my 105 lb frame, and this was far worse. The racing thoughts alone almost did me in- probably wouldn't have made it without repeating prayer after prayer.

The most important thing anyone said to me the while in th depths was my mother
    telling me not to fight the pain and the accept the every feeling coming at me....so I would just tell myself to roll with it...roll with it ..roll with it. And now...I'm DONE - Been 12 days- feel Fabullous...well, mybe jsu fab...the ulous part will come.

I'll be around quite a bit...I need to remnd myself how far I've come and how fast it can all fall appart...damned slipperyt slope. Bless you Robert, Melinad, Helz, Mags and everyone else...much love-
    Last edited by hopeful32; 04-23-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Only through the Man Upstairs do I do ANYTHING that amounts to anything. Sometimes we do things the easiest way, sometimes we choose the most difficult way. Sounds like you may have done some of this the hard way but as long as you made it, that is all that matters. Cut yourself some slack. You did good.

I did an opiate detox the first time coming off Thirty 30mg roxies daily also 30plus lorcets daily, 20-25 soma, 20mg xanax, 8mg klonopin and other assorted garbage. They were giving ME clonidine for my detox. Couldn't believe I was detoxing and that was my main medication. Got a little librium. What a mess. I lived but wish it had been done an easier way like subs.

Hey! If telling yourself ...roll with it .... roll with it .......roll wi if it works then more power to it. You're clean. Congratulations ... God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful32 View Post
    ONLY by the grace of the Big Man upatairs did I whip the ******** out of some major F***ing suboxone for the past twelve days. I litterally cannot believe I lived through it this time around....almost gave up, but I did it. I thought a lot about you all...even though I've never met any of you...don't know much about any of the live behind the illusive names....you all represented to me a tremdndous source of srength getting through the detox.

My intentions were to check into a detox facility...my whole family did so much research on rehabs, insurance, medical detox...all that technical stuff. Turns out I wasn't "accepted" into ANY of the eleven major treatment facilities in here in Dallas- because my dosage of suboxone was TOO low and and I was taking both adderell and suboxone as perscribed by my doctor. In fact, one center told me I was probably not taking enough suboxone, but would gladly "fix me up". That's when I decided to go against your very sound advice, Robert...I was, to say the least, scared ****less but so enraged at the system, I said F*** IT!

I took three weeks off work to get off 3mg of suboxone (got down from 16 mg 9 months ago), and had 15 clonadine- which truly helpedand then and endured about eight nights of the worst hell I've ever had. I've had meningits....detoxong off this ******** was far worse. I delivered an almost nine pound baby with my 105 lb frame, and this was far worse. The racing thoughts alone almost did me in- probably wouldn't have made it without repeating prayer after prayer.

The most important thing anyone said to me the while in th depths was my mother
    telling me not to fight the pain and the accept the every feeling coming at me....so I would just tell myself to roll with it...roll with it ..roll with it. And now...I'm DONE - Been 12 days- feel Fabullous...well, mybe jsu fab...the ulous part will come.

I'll be around quite a bit...I need to remnd myself how far I've come and how fast it can all fall appart...damned slipperyt slope. Bless you Robert, Melinad, Helz, Mags and everyone else...much love-
    Congratulations!!!! Way to go - I didnt have it in me to do that -did a slow taper-but were both off YEAH!!! Linda

hopeful32 thats awesome. very nice to hear when someone gets clean. You are one strong monkey. So you're here in Dallas? If we ever cross paths we can through darts at eachother or something. change never.

You're amazing Robert....I can't believe you lived through all that....no wonder you spend countless hours helping people....you have my ultimate respect. Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by helz View Post
    hopeful32 thats awesome. very nice to hear when someone gets clean. You are one strong monkey. So you're here in Dallas? If we ever cross paths we can through darts at eachother or something. change never.
    Or...maybe we could go throw darts at our docs Seriously would be great to meet you...I for one can use all the encouragement I can get AND give. Bring your woman and maybe we can grab some coffee in the not too distant...I have the next 10 days off work set aside for as much growth and reflection as possible....and, I'm bored out of my mind. BTW-Live on the M streets. Lock and load-

Kameron

Thanks Linda...long way to go though...Blessings my friend

Kameron

Ill take ya up on some Dr bashing. Yea me and Ms. Helz will give yas a shout sometime. and dont worry bout us, we both have CHL's, always locked and loaded. =) stay strong.

At least I'm not the only one locked and loaded around here. Been there for decades.

Hey guys don't forget to vote for drugs.com for the website award. I have a post for it "help drugs.com win" ... vote for us! There is a link at the post to vote. Thanks. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

is there any way to change my user name? I tried looking in the control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by helz View Post
    is there any way to change my user name? I tried looking in the control panel.

I think you have to go through admin contacting them through the forum. Need to have a good reason though as there are like 400,000 plus members. It would be a cluster____ if everyone wanted to change names. Mention that you voted for them for the web awards.

lol,, yea ill mention that. but yea I have a very good reason. I didnt know people could find me on here through google.

the insomnia is killin me Robert....i had some lunesta that i thought would be a good idea to take last night- took two 2mgs and didnt sleep a wink...wathed four flicks from midnight to around 8 this morning and now I feel wigged and guilty for taking another PILL to get me thru something...how long does the sleeplessness last do ya think??

helz had metioned awhile back that he was exercising to get his heart rate up and it seemed to help a bit...your thoughts? Believe it or not, I've been a yoga instructor for four years and can't even fathom doing anything strenuous right now...but if you think it would help- I'm down-

Default hopeful

Exercise is the best medicine there is for opiate detox bar none. I mean that, it might even help your sleep a little. The more difficult it is to exercise the more you probably need it. You know that if you're a yoga instructor. That should be great exercise for you.

Sleep is the LAST thing that ever returns to normal with opiate detox. It can be after the detox is well over before you return to normal sleep patterns. Not everyone, but lots of us have trouble sleeping for some time. Hang in there. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Exercise is the best medicine there is for opiate detox bar none. I mean that, it might even help your sleep a little. The more difficult it is to exercise the more you probably need it. You know that if you're a yoga instructor. That should be great exercise for you.

Sleep is the LAST thing that ever returns to normal with opiate detox. It can be after the detox is well over before you return to normal sleep patterns. Not everyone, but lots of us have trouble sleeping for some time. Hang in there. God bless.

Took your advice and did what is probably not technically even considered a "workout"...but a 10 min run made me feel GREAT....for about twenty minutes and now I'm shakin like a leaf...my fiance suggested I drink some kombucha everyday b/c the fermentation is supposed to replenish fast cells....ever heard that? I think there's trace amounts of alchohol tho

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful32 View Post
    Took your advice and did what is probably not technically even considered a "workout"...but a 10 min run made me feel GREAT....for about twenty minutes and now I'm shakin like a leaf...my fiance suggested I drink some kombucha everyday b/c the fermentation is supposed to replenish fast cells....ever heard that? I think there's trace amounts of alchohol tho

500mg L-Tyrosine and take with B6 is good for energy too. The B6 helps with absorption. That's right from the Thomas Recipe on this forum. People use it for detox here all the time. Might try that, get it a health food store. Hope it helps. God bless.

nelly005 is offline Member

Boy, I'm sure glad I found a group going through the same thing I am. 2 years ago I started getting aches first one shoulder then the other. It just kept speading! I was in a car accident 20+ years ago and my current doctors think I had more cervical damage that got worse over time. So here I am now and after taking every kind of pain meds, I haven't taken any opiates in 11 days. I knew for months (OK, a year) I shouldn't take the Norco as much as I was 12/ 10 mil. a day along with 3/ 10 mg. methadone a day (I had never known methadone was for pain?) And of course the "pain" Dr. said it was fine....no high involved. Anyway in Feburary I received epidural steroid injections which seemed to work Ok. So in late March I let the pain Dr. go, asked my regular Dr. to help me off the methadone and norco and now I'm here 11 days after last methadone tab. It was easier for me to get off Norco first and then taper down slow on the methadone. A week of one 10 mg. a day methadone was not too bad. My problem now is the Steroid injections didn't work as well as I had hoped and am very sore! I'm currently on Celebrex and Pristiq (the lastest antidepressant) and a mixture of Tylenol and Motrin but the pain makes it hard to concentrate. Has anyone out there found anything but opiates to help pain? Tried Ultram, prednisone (helped, but not good for long term) and every NSAID. I have made an appt. next Thursday to see another Dr. and when he called he told me to google Suboxone and it might be what I need, but after reading all of your messages it sure seems I'm over the worst part of w/d and only have focus issues and the blahs and everyone gets that right? Oh, and sneezing...I read that in here and I didn't know it was part of w/d??!! Drs sure don't tell you enough! Thanks for reading!

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Dear Nellie-

Your story is so close to mine. After 14 years of quite severe depression that didn't seem to respond to any treatment (even had 9 electroconvulsive shock treatments....UGH! that didn't help) I ended up becoming addicted to Norco that I had been prescribed for migraines. At that point I really didn't care what the consequences were, I just HAD to feel better and Norco did it. Eventually developed chronic low back pain and eventually was put on, yep you guessed it, Methadone by a pain management doctor for pain. I was never warned about the Methadone withdrawal, etc. etc. I won't blame it all on the doctor, I am a nurse and I did know something about Methadone, but at the time I was desperate and an addict already so I went along with it. I am now on Suboxone and tapering with the help and instruction of Robert, a very nice gentle man (I made that two words on purpose ) who helps a lot of people on this forum. The pain management doctor wanted me to take 40 to 50mg of methadone, but I quickly dropped the dose to 20mg due to the terrible lethargy, malaise, and fog that it caused me, so I was taking 20mg Methadone and 8-10 Norco a day, pretty much the same dose as you. I have to say that the pm doctor is also the one that rx'd the suboxone. I guess his philosophy is if people say their in pain I believe them and will treat them, I am not here to judge, but, if you feel better and want to TRY to get off them I will do my best. Of course he also told me that he doubted I would ever be able to get off opiates, that opaites fry your dopamine production and reuptake and some people just never feel normal again without some form of opiate.........very contradictory ? however, I chose not to believe this. I finally got to an orthopeadic surgeon who did steroid injections into my facet joints and elsewhere in my back and they helped a lot. Since my back was better I decided it was time to get off the opiates. Of course along with withdrawal comes the back pain again!

Anyway, I am sorry to say that I know of nothing OTC or NSIAD-wise that does much for my back pain, I wish I had some good suggestions for you but I don't.

Are you still tapering Methadone? You sound like you are doing well. The Suboxone helps a little bit with the pain, but not much. I have just decided that I am going to do my very best to live with the pain, actually it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Taking pain medication, particularly in high amounts over a long period of time, kind of creates it's own pain syndrome. I could try to explain it but I am sure it would be very confusing and insufficient. I knew about this pain syndrome from school and listening to doctors and I believe it to be true. Although I have back pain, it is just occasional and usually when I am tapering my Suboxone dose and overall my back pain is much improved! So I am hopeful that maybe in time without the opiates you pain will actually decrease.

Best Wishes to you and congratulations!!!! You can always check in here just to say hi and let us know how you are doing. There are some great people here who are always willing to lend an ear, encourage you, answer questions, etc.

mags

Thanks for responding Mags!
    I took my last methadone 11 days ago and last norco 18 days ago. This new Dr. told me the same thing your Dr. told you, that I may need to keep taking something thats why he mentioned the suboxone. I have til Thursday to decide but as it stands now I'm better off without. My husband and I go to yoga twice a week and I always feel better and sleep better after, I guess I should go more often! I know the breathing exercises are good, when you're not feeling well we tend not to breathe properly.
    I do know exactly what you mean about creating your own pain syndrome, I asked the new Dr. if the pain was in my head now. I know it wasn't when I originally got the pain because I was in a good "place" mentally, but now??!! I will talk to him on Thursday for therapy if nothing else. I need a good kick in the butt to get busy with life and all that entails and I've only been doing what I have to do to get by.
    I also read that someone else has ringing in their ears, I've had this for months(like chirping crickets) and it won't go away....
    Thanks again!!

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nelly005 View Post
    Thanks for responding Mags!
    I took my last methadone 11 days ago and last norco 18 days ago. This new Dr. told me the same thing your Dr. told you, that I may need to keep taking something thats why he mentioned the suboxone. I have til Thursday to decide but as it stands now I'm better off without. My husband and I go to yoga twice a week and I always feel better and sleep better after, I guess I should go more often! I know the breathing exercises are good, when you're not feeling well we tend not to breathe properly.
    I do know exactly what you mean about creating your own pain syndrome, I asked the new Dr. if the pain was in my head now. I know it wasn't when I originally got the pain because I was in a good "place" mentally, but now??!! I will talk to him on Thursday for therapy if nothing else. I need a good kick in the butt to get busy with life and all that entails and I've only been doing what I have to do to get by.
    I also read that someone else has ringing in their ears, I've had this for months(like chirping crickets) and it won't go away....
    Thanks again!!
    Dear Nelly-

Sounds like you doing well. So are you off of all opiates now?

I want to clarify something....when I said "opiates can create their own kind of pain syndrome"......this is NOT something that is all in your head... it is a real phenomenon, not psychological. I used to know the physiologic school of thought on this but can't remember the details (I used te be able to remember EVERYTHING I learned in nursing school....could the memory problem have anything to with sabotaging my brain with opiates...gee I wonder...hehehe). Anyway, I didn't want you to think "it's all in your head" because it is not. I will look this topic up and do my best to explain it physiologically.

Yeah, I need to kick myself in the b*** and get going with life, spent about 4 years in an opiate haze and I am looking forward to living again. I know I am trying, I'm just one of those people that attaches what I accomplish in a day to my worth......I need happy with what I HAVE accomplished; there's always more dragons to slay 0 Feeling kinda ********py last couple days but I did get myself dressed and went to the walking trail; it's a nice day here in California.

Take care and keep in touch.

mags

SubFreeStevie is offline New Member

Smile hopeful32 right on the money with me : )

hopeful32 It is now the 12th day for me and I feel great. Day 11 was hell and I woke up today after only 2 hours or so of sleep and am feeling great. I was on 24mg Suboxone for almost 3 yrs. I weaned down over course of the last year to only 1 or 2 mg every 2 or 3 days. I even stopped paying my DR $400 cash a month and was buying them on the street to save cash. IT WORKED. Anyway, I Stopped cold turkey on 4/15/09. Today 4/25 is the best Ive felt yet. It was TOTAL HELL from day 3/4 til the 11th day. The sleeplessness has not stopped for me yet though. I did NOT go thru the past 11 days of basically torture to ever eat another SUBOXONE. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, IT CAN BE DONE. DO NOT GIVE UP, It gets tempting around DAY 6. STAY FOCUSED AND STAY BUSY(ACTIVE). ITS HELPS ALOT

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Stevie D

Quote Originally Posted by SubFreeStevie View Post
    hopeful32 It is now the 12th day for me and I feel great. Day 11 was hell and I woke up today after only 2 hours or so of sleep and am feeling great. I was on 24mg Suboxone for almost 3 yrs. I weaned down over course of the last year to only 1 or 2 mg every 2 or 3 days. I even stopped paying my DR $400 cash a month and was buying them on the street to save cash. IT WORKED. Anyway, I Stopped cold turkey on 4/15/09. Today 4/25 is the best Ive felt yet. It was TOTAL HELL from day 3/4 til the 11th day. The sleeplessness has not stopped for me yet though. I did NOT go thru the past 11 days of basically torture to ever eat another SUBOXONE. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, IT CAN BE DONE. DO NOT GIVE UP, It gets tempting around DAY 6. STAY FOCUSED AND STAY BUSY(ACTIVE). ITS HELPS ALOT

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Stevie D

Niiiiice! so i'm thinking you're correcto-mundo on the similar paths....however you sound like your feeling a little better physically than myself at this point...my emotions are in check tho...i'm not a beotch to be around anymore...i've still got to conquer my fear of insomnia tho....i took a lunesta again last night and only slept for maybe three hours- so once again i'm feeling nauseated and jittery...yet, i'm in a great mood and totally positive through-out the day. watching flix at night seems to pass the time...but i'm always drawn to movies with opiate addicts...in the past three days i've watched Sid and Nancy (four times), Basketball Diaries, Ray, The Wrestler, and an old Jane's Addiction short film on >>>>>>...is this normal??? or really really really sick?...my dad says that at least the films don't glamourize it.

I'm rambling...that's what happens when i've had little sleep-

Congrats to you my friend- lock and load

Kameron

No opiates of any kind for 12 days now, I'm suprised at how lazy I still feel.
    I downloaded a copy of the Thomas recipe and will go purchase items I need.

Since I'm quite far into it now I won't need a script of any kind (valium, xanax, etc..) The hot bath or spa sounds good, I still get the restless leg thing around 8pm...drives you crazy. I'm on a hill in N. Cal. so it's a little chilly and windy for our pool or spa so bath it is. All my w/d symptoms are minor now except malaise. I do get 5+ hours of sleep each night now!! But can't wait to get up in the morning as a normal person. Right now I still wake up with pounding heart and since of dispair!! Does that go away??? When???

Hey Kameron...watch a comedy!! We rented Yes, Man the other day and I got a great laugh!! Not a huge Jim Carrey fan, but I love laughing and I hope it will come easier soon! I also read a lot and I won't read anything depressing I makes me feel sorry for myself...yuck!!

hey hopeful. sorry ive been away, I spent the past two nights in the fuggin jungle. I slept ok too. being that I wore myself out everyday setting up camps and walking strough swamps. lol dont ask. I wanted to tell you that sleepytime tea helps me sleep. musicman gave me that tip and it really helps. every night ill take a hot shower, drink my tea, and go to bed. same time every night. I dont sleep through the night but those thinig sure help. and the exersise REALLY helps everything, your day and your night, promotes endorphan production, something your brain hasnt done in a while. ill check in tomorrow, be kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by xxhelzxx View Post
    hey hopeful. sorry ive been away, I spent the past two nights in the fuggin jungle. I slept ok too. being that I wore myself out everyday setting up camps and walking strough swamps. lol dont ask. I wanted to tell you that sleepytime tea helps me sleep. musicman gave me that tip and it really helps. every night ill take a hot shower, drink my tea, and go to bed. same time every night. I dont sleep through the night but those thinig sure help. and the exersise REALLY helps everything, your day and your night, promotes endorphan production, something your brain hasnt done in a while. ill check in tomorrow, be kewl.
    i like it...i like it...i like it- tea! who woulda thunk it? on my way to the store right now...great to hear you're doing well..very encouraging for me- and in the jungle of all places! that'll test some serious strength...thanks for the tips my friend- i need'em...chat at ya soon

K

Nelly055-

I know right? it's funny (no punn intended) that anything the least bit comical will get me laughing...and i'm talking about true "ab-hurting" laughing- not like when i was taking opiates..so good call- i'll get it tonight when i get my sleepytime tea

K

Ha. yea I find myself watching those movies too. I watched one and I dont even know what the hell the name of it was. they seem to just find me. I hope everyone is doing well this morning.

so i ate up the last of my xanax on saturday night (used it for the sub-detox). yesterday felt like a backslide into wd's and i took a lunesta...but didn't sleep a wink...now today i feel absolutely terrible...if i'm truly honest, TODAY is the first day i haven't taken a single pill-

Robert- i know you've talked anout xanax wd's before on here, but after only them for three weeks, could that be an issue???

clean to me means giving up a every "thing" that i rely on to get me thru the day...except for the the Big Man upstairs- long, long road to recovery!

man i need this site
    input welcome
    K

not too good today...but you're all in my thoughts as well...

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast