Suboxone Treatment Starts Tomorrow
    sportif7 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Treatment Starts Tomorrow

hey everyone

so tomorrow is the big day for my BF...he's scared but determined to quit roxys and a long habit of other stuff that led him here...i called the doctor beforehand to speak with him about his philosophy on induction and taper because i'm in healthcare myself...i figured from one professional to another, i could at least feel him out...he sounds very nice...but, i told him based on what i had seen/heard many doctors induct too high and even though it's FDA approved for 24mg a day, no one really needs to be that high...he sort of agreed and stated he gets a lot of patients who were not put on the program correctly and come to him for better treatment, but also stated to me that he has heavy >>>>>> users in the clinic as well who do need high doses, it all depends on the person....

i would love more then anything for my BF to induce with robert....i've been reading this site for months and everyone has such great success stories, but i'm not sure my bf's gonna go for it...it took so much for him to agree to see a doctor and admit he needs help, he's even telling me now "not to tell the doctor how to do it..." because he wants it done "the way it's supposed to be done..." He's aware of the horror stories out there with people and this drug, i just don't wanna wind up substituting one problem for another...

he's come all the way from 2 1/2 fentanyl patches on at a time to about 1.5 roxy 30s a day...he was tapering and got this far and just couldn't make any more cuts without feeling terrible...he has a normal mon-fri 9-5 job and the w/d symptoms with additional cuts were just too much for him to handle at work...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

sportif7 ....... I really wish that I could induct him. You scare me with what the dr is saying. It doesn't matter if a person is a bad addict, a >>>>>> addict or whatever. What he is saying is a crock. The induction process is the same. He should start on 1mg doses to allow the low dose ample time to work to it's full potential. If the dr starts out giving him 4mg or 8mg at a time then go ahead and anticipate a total mess of an induction. And this is the most important part of the entire process.

I've inducted longterm >>>>>> addicts at 2mg. I didn't even know what I was doing when I did this myself and I was taking 1000mg of roxis a day and 30-40 10/650 lorcets on top of that, was taking over 100 pills a day and used for 35 years. I inducted on 4mg total, slept several hours and then took another 4mg total. I was clean in six weeks doing this the way my sub taper is written. I chronicled exactly what I did and have repeated that here for years.

If your boyfriend starts out at some crazy dose like even 16mg, the dr is bad news. I don't care what he says. I bet I've inducted as many people as he has. And we talk with these people daily where that dr won't see your boyfriend but once a month after a short time. So it leaves your boyfriend totally on his own to fight through a potential horror story for himself and for you. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-16-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.