Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By javlife
Suboxone treatment ?'s
    lmc8883 is offline Junior Member

Angry Suboxone treatment ?'s

So, i've been looking into getting in to a Sub dr in my area. But, of course as with everything else, it is incredibly hard. I have state health insurance. That is useless when it comes to getting into one of those doctors. And, i'm poor as anything...LoL. I have a 6 month old baby girl, and anyone with children knows, kids aren't cheap. I don't have extra money to spare. I called all the doctors on the list on the suboxone website to see if A) they take my insurance, or B) how much they cost. None take insurance...and they all cost at least 300.00 cash to start up. Then maintenance is between 100-250 a month. Not to mention the meds itself, then the therapy sessions. UGH!!!! Why do they make this so hard for someone that sincerely wants help, and wants to kick their habit??? I even asked about payment plans, to no avail they almost all laughed and acted like i was crazy!! I don't get it!

- I live in Philadelphia. Is anyone from here, that knows anything that i don't?!

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lmc8883 View Post
    So, i've been looking into getting in to a Sub dr in my area. But, of course as with everything else, it is incredibly hard. I have state health insurance. That is useless when it comes to getting into one of those doctors. And, i'm poor as anything...LoL. I have a 6 month old baby girl, and anyone with children knows, kids aren't cheap. I don't have extra money to spare. I called all the doctors on the list on the suboxone website to see if A) they take my insurance, or B) how much they cost. None take insurance...and they all cost at least 300.00 cash to start up. Then maintenance is between 100-250 a month. Not to mention the meds itself, then the therapy sessions. UGH!!!! Why do they make this so hard for someone that sincerely wants help, and wants to kick their habit??? I even asked about payment plans, to no avail they almost all laughed and acted like i was crazy!! I don't get it!

- I live in Philadelphia. Is anyone from here, that knows anything that i don't?!
    Congratulations on making the decision to get clean. That's really too bad about the Sub doctor's. Most of them are money-hungry fools. They treat the addict like they are less-human sometimes.

You didn't say what you were taking that you were trying to get off of, but maybe you could try tapering from it. If you weren't taking too high a dose, it could be done fairly easy. Lots of help here on the forum.

If not maybe there is a Sub doctor a short drive away that you could look at. Even if it was a couple hours away it would be worth it to maybe save your life. And maybe take into account what you were/are spending on your drug of choice now and maybe it would justify itself to pay the fees and get started.

Whatever you decide to do you have taken an important step by posting your situation on the forum. Let us know what you decide to do. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny

javlife is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by lmc8883 View Post

Hey IMC8883 I am from South Philly and I feel your frustration! I spent months looking for a suboxone doc. Let me first tell you they are VERY shady doctors and will intend to keep you on subs for years. I don't know what type of habit you have now... but I do know a place in north east philly (mayfair) you can get a script for prob about $125. Rather than buying dope/oxy's save the money for the suboxone and get it. You will only need the one script to detox.... but you will have to lie to the doctor and tell him you are willing to go on a 2 or 3 year plan otherwise he won't take you on. There is a law about how many patients a doc can take per year so they don't make money unless they keep you hooked on subs. I have found that suboxone doctors are more shady than ANY street dealer I was using in south philly.

If you want more details let me know. I'll be glad to help. I got off oxys/dope and got on suboxone 112 days ago and I have now been off the suboxone for 9 days. Suboxone can take you from zero to hero in 24 hours... but you have to use it correctly. Otherwise you will just become addicted to the buprenorphine in suboxone instead.

Again... I would love to help. I have been leaving a detailed description of my detox process over on the the "unexpected suboxone withdrawals" thread.
    danielledbay1 likes this.

lmc8883 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javlife View Post
    Hey IMC8883 I am from South Philly and I feel your frustration! I spent months looking for a suboxone doc. Let me first tell you they are VERY shady doctors and will intend to keep you on subs for years. I don't know what type of habit you have now... but I do know a place in north east philly (mayfair) you can get a script for prob about $125. Rather than buying dope/oxy's save the money for the suboxone and get it. You will only need the one script to detox.... but you will have to lie to the doctor and tell him you are willing to go on a 2 or 3 year plan otherwise he won't take you on. There is a law about how many patients a doc can take per year so they don't make money unless they keep you hooked on subs. I have found that suboxone doctors are more shady than ANY street dealer I was using in south philly.

If you want more details let me know. I'll be glad to help. I got off oxys/dope and got on suboxone 112 days ago and I have now been off the suboxone for 9 days. Suboxone can take you from zero to hero in 24 hours... but you have to use it correctly. Otherwise you will just become addicted to the buprenorphine in suboxone instead.

Again... I would love to help. I have been leaving a detailed description of my detox process over on the the "unexpected suboxone withdrawals" thread.

Hey!!!

Wow, really didn't expect someone from so close to me to reply!! Thanks, yes, give me that doc's info. please! It's hard for me to get anywhere, A) because of my physical problems, B) i have no car lol. I need to do something. I've been at this **** for years. It's not fair to me to either be sick from meds, or taking meds all the time.. I have taken, and currently take percs, tramadol, oxys (when available) basically anything to get me high to be perfectly honestly with you. I don't do dope....will not touch it, i don't care how sick i am, or how badly i'm detoxing...i will not do dope. I have that wonderful love affair with opiates. And i hate it!! Now, more than ever i really need to work at this. I got arrested on thursday night, while i was high. Dumb....even dumber since i just detoxed myself again, and spent the better part of a week in detox hell. I turned around, filled my script, and threw it all out the window. Went shopping, which i LOVE to do when i'm high on pills, stole some stuff, and got arrested. So, now.....i have a felony, spent two days in jail, and am out on bail. Thank the good lord when i went to jail i didn't also catch a narc conviction. I had 10 perc 10's in a reglan bottle in my purse when i was arrested. I played it off like they were the reglan. No one said anything, and i was released with them. So..like i said, i really need to get on this, find some meetings maybe....do something, because i'm porgressively getting worse and worse.

**** I was on sub's for awhile in 07. I needed to get off of morphine, and fentanyl. My dr had prescribed me both for my condition. I have hip displacia- it causes my knees to dislocate randomly and constantly. It's very painful and more often then not i find myself putting my knees back in place and not doing much of anything because it's just too hard. Anyways, I bought my sub's off the street and followed a website to detox with them, it worked. And i was clean for about a year, until my pain was too much to handle, and i started back up again.

Thanks!
    Last edited by lmc8883; 09-17-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: needed to add more.

prinsessa is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by javlife View Post

I know this was written a while ago, but if you see it I'd love to know about this Dr in NE philly who charges $125. I hope you, or someone can get back to me with this. I have been searching for a while. Thanks to anyone who can help! In the Philadephia area (NE Philly)