Suboxone and swollen ankles
    scared_ohio is offline Member

Default Suboxone and swollen ankles

Hiya everyone,
    I have a quick question, has anyone ever had swollen ankles while taking Suboxone?? The past two days my ankles and calves have been SO swollen, they've turned into "cankles"!! LOL!! I can push down with my finger and the skin stays down, kinda like I'm pushing on Play-Doh.
    Has this ever happened to anyone else? Gee, maybe I'll just have to stay off my feet...yeah, right, with a two year old! Like that's gonna happen!
    Thanks all! Have a great day!
    Someday I'm gonna figure out how to post to the painkiller addiction page.
    Gen

girl, just clik on painkiller addiction then click on the largest number at the bottom. it will open the recent page. then you will see familiar lookin stuff!

LISA GIRL is offline Member

Yes Scared Ohio! Since I got off percocet and started taking suboxone, I have retained water in my ankles... definitely noticeable.. My ankles are the only place I notice that are swollen... I am assuming this is a normal reaction....let me know if you find out otherwise!! I have been meaning to ask my sub doc but keep forgetting.. I thought it would decrease with time but 4 months on sub and I still have swollen ankles

tamara02 is offline Banned

Hi ,Lisagirl,how's everything? great I hope!! I noticed about this past week That my ankles are swollen,also and the tops of my feet.we are retaining water for some reason,I also forget to ask my sub doc about that,hopefully it isnt to serious,take care Tamm

scared_ohio is offline Member

Hey y'all,
    I talked to my sub doc about the ankles and he said that while he personally has never had a patient with that side effect before, it IS indeed a side effect of suboxone. He's sending me for some lab work, checking my kidney function, liver, blood, etc...I think more for my peace of mind than anything else. He doesn't seem overly worried about it, he said that during any down time, my feet should be elevated. So, I guess we'll see what happens. I have to say, I'm glad I'm not alone. I was totally freaking out, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack for sure.
    THank God for this site. [8D]

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

That's good news Ohio.Stay in touch.....Dave

melissa22 is offline New Member

hi, my name is melissa and i am worried for my fiances life. i recently found him almost dead due to an excess of >>>>>> and oxys. he admitted to me that he has been a "user" for almost 3 years now. i read about this drug SUBOXEN and i wanted to know if there was any way to get a prescription for it. i begged him to go for help but he wont go. he promised me if i got him these pills he would stop. im worried im going to lose the love of my life. if anyone can help me out, you can email me privately at missdtchess22@aim.com

thank you so much

jenstory is offline New Member

Yes! I started Sub. and then a month into it I woke up with swollen feet, ankles and calves. I looked like I had Shrek feet! My doc. gave me a diuretic and it did nothing. I am still swollen as we speak and the only thing the doc. and I attribute this to is the Sub. I must be allergic or something? I am actually tapering down because like you, I have children(3 girls) and I need to be able to go, go , go! These feet are holding me back. How are your feet now? Please let me know! Best wishes!

Jen

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Melissa, first you can't get the pills, he has to.Go to www.suboxone.com and there you'll find a doctor locator.Get a list of doctors in your area and start phoning for an appointment.Then it's up to him to go and get help.You can't make him better, that's up to him but your a good woman for caring.Lets hope he does it.....Dave

Slim77 is offline New Member

Default swelling in feet and ankles

It sounds like the swelling if a side effect of suboxone. My swelling started a month after I began the drug then went away for a month and now my ankles and feel are like watermellons. 3 Days now, and I have found tht keeping them elevated does help. But today I went into the office without shoes. I am a first vp of a large bank and many questions were asked. What are you folks doing for shoes?

wean is offline New Member

Smile suboxone and edema

Hi,

I'm an RN with chronic back pain history, so have had to use for many years, narcotic pain medication, especially after 2 surgeries on my back. Now I do lot's of yoga, and am amazed at how much this is helping to control my back pain while, in
    the mean time, I have been off the Vicoden for about 3 months. To get off this horribly addictive medication, I finally caved and saw a Pain Management MD who specializes is prescribing Suboxone. I was reading some of these posts after Googling "suboxone and swelling," and I want to tell you that you are not alone. I'm sorry for your discomfort, but I have to say I am relieved to see I'm not alone. Oh my god---swollen ankles, what we call "pitting edema." That's where you push into the skin and it just stays indented for awhile, kind of like your legs have suddenly become Play-doe. I'm even puffy in my mid-section, and also notice that when I awaken after sleeping, my all-over body skin is often more left with the impression or crease of material I was sleeping on. This is just another symptom of water retention. I don't know the mechanism, but I plan to ask my Suboxone phone counselor and/or my Doctor and will get back to you---my fellow puffy ones. Don't despair, I believe it's temporary, but it does suck. Also notice difficulty concentrating, not a loss in sex, but having a more difficult time feeling the good feelings----like I'm kind of numb. I can't wait to get off this medication, but I'm grateful that finally something got me off this vicious cycle of narcotic use and pain. To anyone out there---you should consider physical activity like running combined with lot's and lot's of yoga. I am becoming a yoga teacher and think it is a better alternative to taking drugs for the rest of your life. thanks for sharing,

jw

bennyblancobronx is offline New Member

i am on 32mg suboxone daily since May. About a month ago my feet started to swell. Sub dr said this is a side effect of the medication. It doesn't hurt, just looks bad. However I take the bad with the good; at least I am not using! Suboxone is a miracle drug!

CKettenhofen is offline New Member

Hello everyone. I have been taking Suboxone for two months now and can only take 4 mg's/day. (
    (I cannot tolerate a higher dose.) Even I am having problems with fluid retention. My ankles look like the size of those huge grapefruit looking citrus fruits. While it works beautifully for pain management and is helping me, the side effects are causing me to wonder why I pursued getting this medication in the first place. Besides the fluid retention, is anyone having problems with emesis, (nausea/vomiting?) Thanks!

2011andy52 is offline New Member

i been on the suboxon flim for 4 months then i went to the pills and my feet and ankles are so big and i am a small guy what the hell can anyone help?

sweetchldomine is offline New Member

I have taken suboxone and never had swelling ankles. Then getting back on them after a month. now I have swelling in my calves and feet im really body conscious. So I'm devastated.

d Robinson is offline New Member

Hi. my ankles feet and calves are swollen. Its been 3 days I'm getting a little nervous what should I do?

hi I've been on it for 2 months I'm going through the same problem I don't know what to do . 2 days now 3 maybe and they're tingling also. am i allergic to this

I lost the website

SouthernNYer is offline New Member

Default Swelling seems to be harmless

Quote Originally Posted by d Robinson View Post
    Hi. my ankles feet and calves are swollen. Its been 3 days I'm getting a little nervous what should I do?
    You don't need to be nervous.. the swelling is harmless.. I have been on Sub for over 2 years and have had the swelling come and go.. My doc sent me for tests, heart problems, clot in the legs... everything.. and it all came up normal.. its just a bad side effect of using Sub... try to get down to using as little as possible. I take mine for chronic back pain, not addiction but I was physically addicted to narcotics due to using them for so many years.. and they finally stopped working for the pain.. Instead of asking for stronger and stronger doses, I told my doc I wanted off.. so he put me on Sub.. it does very little for the real pain but at least I can walk..
    Don't get too nervous about the swelling.. but it is always wise to have your heart checked and have them check for clots in the legs.. both painless procedures.. Good luck and God bless.. I hope this helps you ..