Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
suboxone show in drug testing?
    joe101 is offline New Member

Default suboxone show in drug testing?

Hello everyone. I hope some one can tell me if Suboxone will show or if they even look for it in a Drug Screen? Also How long must you wait to not have Oxy show up in Urine?
    Thank You.

hbco2 is offline New Member

***I would ask a doctor****
    BUT........
    I really doubt suboxone will show up on standard drug tests... usually stuff that breaks down to either morphine. 6 acetylmorphine, or codeine shows up... >>>>>> breaks down into all 3. There are specific opiate tests for specific drugs tho. It depends on what the place is looking for...

On an extended drug test, if you use alot it might show up but it is really unlikely. Just looking at the molecule and its pharmacology...
    There is a buperenorphine specific drug test tho...

oxycodone doesn't metabolize into morphine or codeine... but lots of places test for oxycodone and hydrocodone just because of their availability. Usually stays for 3-4 days. Like everything else it depends on how much you took, when you took it.

I wouldn't bet a job, or probation or any other major thing on this advice or anyone else's advice tho... there are too many drug tests out there that places can use. Guess it depends on where you are getting the test done.

good luck

bloodlake6 is offline New Member

yes there are special test that test for suboxone. they have special instant tests, and if they are looking for it the lab can pick up suboxone in your urine. and if your using it daily for a while it can stay in your system for quite some time.

suboxonequeen is offline New Member

Default sub in drug testing

ok, here is a concrete answer to this question. i have been tested many a many of times and suboxone DOES NOT show up in a drug screen. this is an answer from a licensed Pa dr.

pills like xanax, vic, and oxy WILL SHOW AS AN OPIATE except xanax.
    xanax shows up as a benzoid.

pills usually take up to 72 hours to leave the body for a drug screeen.

and if you do come up hot, if it's for employment and you have a legit prescrip for them, you let them know ahead of time. if it's for a drug clinci and it comes up hot, you're gonna get nailed.

deej71 is offline New Member

Question Suboxone drug screening

If a physician does a drug test on a patient taking suboxone to make sure they aren't still using pain killers what category does the suboxone fall into? Also, do physicians usually check to see if patient actually has suboxone in there system??

summermaru is offline New Member

May be too late to tell you. Doctors who prescribe suboxone, usually do urine tests. They have a way of telling in about 5 minutes. If you took an oxy a day or two before the test, it will distinguish between that and suboxone.
    Hmmm...if you're supposed to be taking suboxone, why would you care if it shows up? I know why but to be on the safe side, you should make sure you take suboxone before you go.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

five panel test and nine panel test does not check for suboxone...... but will show the oxy's of course... Oxy can stay in your system up to 7 days pending on usage.

if you are suppose to be taken sub and took the oxy's instead .... why play around. Tell you sub doc what you have done.. if you want to come clean then come clean.... if not. then dont.

Sister.

ChrisNev is offline Junior Member

Suboxone will appear on a background check. Though employers shouldnt deny you a job because of that fact alone, as Suboxone treatment isn't a crime.

ocjohnknee is offline New Member

Default backgound checks

I'm guessing that subutex will show up as well on your employer background check. Im curious how would subotex or suboxone appear on you backgound report? Does your doctor reports it or does your pharmacist or once you fill your prescription it goes into a database? I wish my doctor would have told me that it would be public knowledge!!!
    Last edited by ocjohnknee; 09-29-2008 at 03:26 AM.

parentA is offline New Member

Angry suboxone testing and drug screening

Well it would appear there are a variety of answers. DOES IT SHOW UP ON A HOME DRUG SCREEN? If someone says they are taking suboxone and does a home screen will it show up as an opiate? Or nothing?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It won't show up as anything on a standard five panel drug test.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

cwatson411 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocjohnknee View Post
    I'm guessing that subutex will show up as well on your employer background check. Im curious how would subotex or suboxone appear on you backgound report? Does your doctor reports it or does your pharmacist or once you fill your prescription it goes into a database? I wish my doctor would have told me that it would be public knowledge!!!
    ya know, i really doubt that suboxone treatment would show on your background check. what ever happend to the patient privacy act!?

Phillygurll is offline New Member

I seen it show up as beupamorphine, however u spell it.....

jerome314617 is offline New Member

YES sobo will show in a drug test, my PO tested me about 3 days after i took it, i popped and went to jail...anyone know how long it stays in ur system??

Then you took a test that was checking for buprenorphine. That was not the normal five panel UA. Don't know about how much or how long you used subs. It has a long half life. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

lukas25 is offline New Member

Default I have heard that too...

I heard that it can show up as well...I read on www.bestpharmacyreport.com that it can stay in your system for up to 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ocjohnknee View Post

Yes it stays in your system. But on a normal five panel test they don't check for it. If you get a test that checks for buprenorphine then you bust it, otherwise it won't show up period.

If you take a test for drugs and you have alcohol in your body it doesn't show, it's the same thing. They have to be using a test that checks for subs or else it won't show up. That's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lukas25 View Post
    I heard that it can show up as well...I read on www.bestpharmacyreport.com that it can stay in your system for up to 3 days.

I spent over 35 years in the financial services industry(insurance related). Pharmacies and drs work with what is called the MIB (Medical Information Bureau).

They can pull up your entire history as long as it's been documented. You fill scripts with insurance payments and you can rest assured the insurance company has you in the MIB. That is a fact.

Right or wrong they know our history. Every time you've signed a "medical information release form" you're allowing them to share your info with whoever they deem necessary. That includes the MIB. So much for freedom! God bless.

momofone is offline New Member

I know I was on Sub for 3 weeks early this year and every doctor I know had a copy of the report and the doc that prescribed it knew my life story. The pharmacy started acting oddly as well. I live in a medium sized town and word went out like wildfire.

Glad I am off of it and now off of everything but tylenol and motrin. I think more should have been done to protect my patient rights. Especially when you are asked questions like "have you bought on the streets?" "how much >>>>>> have you used this month?" I have done neither and wouldn't know what >>>>>> looked like if it was sitting in front of me. Being treated like a criminal for seeking treatment for what a doctor had me doing doesn't seem right at all.

switchedaddictions is offline New Member

Angry Where did our right to privacy go?!!

Quote Originally Posted by momofone View Post
    I know I was on Sub for 3 weeks early this year and every doctor I know had a copy of the report and the doc that prescribed it knew my life story.......

I think more should have been done to protect my patient rights.. .

I agree completely with the above poster!! Something SHOULD be done to protect our patient rights!!! Because our rights are dwindling away at record speeds, and our nosey meddling government is making CERTAIN of it!!! We're losing more rights every single DAY it seems!! Yet we have no CHOICE sometimes other than to sign papers to give approval (more like signing to give up our rights to privacy, for the sake of "public knowledge" !!!) Because in not signing we will certainly be denied necessary treatment/scripts!! Just one more way for the DEA/Government to meddle in our business!!! But I wont get into politics....

Moving on.... SUBOXONE is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!! And I had thought HYDROCODONE was all these years!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the most evil pills ever formulated- and is addictive and simply a "replacement" opiate and nothing MORE. Most are TRADING ADDICTIONS in taking it. And if you have a RAGING addiction like me, you will certainly need to taper with Sub in a CONTROLLED environment like a DETOX center!!! If you do not, you will likely end up taking 'Sub' the rest of your life. Because this stuff is a BIT#CH to come off of!! And even if you HAVE successfully tapered down to 1/8 a pill daily, jumping off from there is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. Because if you have a true addiction, your body just doesnt WANT to completely be off of anything addictive!! And it will surely LET YOU KNOW!

You will VERY likely have "PAWS" (Post Accute Withdrawal Symptoms) for up to a YEAR after having finally quit Suboxone. Then again, this depends on how long you were on it and what mg. If you're like me, and were on it 1-2+ years... then you may want to quit SUB, but it wont quit YOU so easily!!!

It's also kind of important to know the correct way to use subs. If your dr told you wrongly it's certainly not your fault. But suboxone is no more evil than any other medication. You abuse anything and you will have problems.

Read around the forum. If you want my help getting off the roller coaster let me know. Here is the link for how I suggest people taper down off subs. We have lots of success stories here. Let me know if you're ready. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Mande is offline New Member

my friend just had to take a drug test & it was one that the results show up 5 mins later. They can differientaite between oxycontin and opiods now.Oxycontin had its own seperate catagory from opoids 300 which are vicodin,percocet, darvocet etc. They also tested for suboxone. it cost her $20 to take the test and it was through the county for social services. Apparently the tests have become alot more advanced and suboxone are easier to test for now.

mlemons2010 is offline New Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNev View Post
    Suboxone will appear on a background check. Though employers shouldnt deny you a job because of that fact alone, as Suboxone treatment isn't a crime.
    No it doesnt!! Why would it even be put on a background check unless you were charged with a crime, then it still wouldnt go on your background check.. I have been on it for over a year now, and my check does not show anything about suboxone, or the treatment, or anything about even going to the doctor about suboxone..
    -Matt

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jerome314617 View Post
    YES sobo will show in a drug test, my PO tested me about 3 days after i took it, i popped and went to jail...anyone know how long it stays in ur system??
    I am tested 2 times a week, and nothing ever shows for suboxone.. if you are taking pills or have just started taking suboxone after taking pills, or methadone or something like that, I could see that showing up.. but other than that.. suboxone has never shown on my drug tests done by my po.. and I have been on suboxone for over a year now, and have been on probation being tested for the past 5 months.. entensive probation that is, where you are tested the required once a week, and maybe even more than that if he feels suspicious of you using something other than what you are perscribed, or should be taking legally..
    You have taken something that is still showing in your system.. dont blame it on suboxone as it is a synthetic compound that targets and fills the opiate receptors..

-Matt
    mzgoodz likes this.

Hi Robert..

I just had to look up what you said about the Medical Information Bureau to see if it was correct.. The MIB is only a company that looks for individuals that are trying to commit fraud by purchasing multiple life insurance or health insurance policies. Thats all it is. It is not for employers looking for people who have sought medical treatment for illnesses or addictions or anything like that. I do not know who, what, or how you heard anything about employers checking with the MIB, cause it is certainly not true. They are able to collect the information, but it is not for employers, it is for health and life insurance coverage, just like getting a loan and your credit report.. Quote listed from about.com on the MIB...

-Matt
    "The reason this information is collected is specifically to help its member companies make decisions about who will live a long and healthy life.

Life, disability, long-term care insurance and other health-related companies are only interested in insuring people who will outlive the company's need to pay them. Their interest is in making money, so they want to insure only those people who will pay premiums that over the long term will eventually add up to more than the insurance company has to pay out on their behalf.

The information collected by the MIB helps the insurance companies decide which applicants will likely live long enough to help the company make its profits."

Suboxone only shows on drug tests that specifically test for buprenorphine.

Quote Originally Posted by mlemons2010 View Post
    Hi Robert..

I just had to look up what you said about the Medical Information Bureau to see if it was correct.. The MIB is only a company that looks for individuals that are trying to commit fraud by purchasing multiple life insurance or health insurance policies. Thats all it is. It is not for employers looking for people who have sought medical treatment for illnesses or addictions or anything like that. I do not know who, what, or how you heard anything about employers checking with the MIB, cause it is certainly not true. They are able to collect the information, but it is not for employers, it is for health and life insurance coverage, just like getting a loan and your credit report.. Quote listed from about.com on the MIB...

-Matt
    "The reason this information is collected is specifically to help its member companies make decisions about who will live a long and healthy life.

Life, disability, long-term care insurance and other health-related companies are only interested in insuring people who will outlive the company's need to pay them. Their interest is in making money, so they want to insure only those people who will pay premiums that over the long term will eventually add up to more than the insurance company has to pay out on their behalf.

The information collected by the MIB helps the insurance companies decide which applicants will likely live long enough to help the company make its profits."

Matt .... think what you like. I understand the copy you listed and why you would summize what you have.

I have been an executive of companies that use the MIB. Regardless of what about.com had to say it was MEANT to be used for it is used all the time for purposes other than just determining health risks. That is a fact, not to be argumentative. Doesn't even matter to me. I'm just saying the way it REALLY is. God bless.

nunia720 is offline New Member

Hello All,
    I've done some research on this and it seems that suboxone will not show up in urine tests because the buprenorphine breaks down through the liver meaning it is excreted through feces. I maybe shouldn't even post this but the naloxone that is in suboxone is excreted through urine so if and when they do decide to make a special little panel for suboxone specifically it will probably be used to test the naloxone. But as far as I know up until now PO's and such haven’t gotten around to it.
    Last edited by nunia720; 02-04-2010 at 03:34 PM.

superduper is offline New Member

Default I work for a drug testing lab

Just to let you know, Suboxone is tested for in urine. There are both instant screens and lab based drug tests for suboxone (buprenorphine). Oxycodone is not tested in a standard panel for the most part. There are instant screens that include it in a 7 or 9 panel, but for lab based, it is has to be tested for individually, not under the standard opiate or expanded opiate family. Suboxone is mostly tested in drug treatment programs or pain management clinics because that is where they are most commonly used. In pre-employment situations, suboxone is generally not tested for; however, oxycodone is tested frequently.

WoodyMan is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mlemons2010 View Post
    I am tested 2 times a week, and nothing ever shows for suboxone.. if you are taking pills or have just started taking suboxone after taking pills, or methadone or something like that, I could see that showing up.. but other than that.. suboxone has never shown on my drug tests done by my po.. and I have been on suboxone for over a year now, and have been on probation being tested for the past 5 months.. entensive probation that is, where you are tested the required once a week, and maybe even more than that if he feels suspicious of you using something other than what you are perscribed, or should be taking legally..
    You have taken something that is still showing in your system.. dont blame it on suboxone as it is a synthetic compound that targets and fills the opiate receptors..

-Matt
    Sorry man, but you're wrong. It may not show up on all drug tests, but there are drug tests that test for Buprenorphine, and they don't have to be Suboxone-exclusive tests, either. Some Sub doctors test their patients to make sure they're taking their Subs instead of selling them.

So do some research (not yahoo! answers) and you'll see the misinformation you're spreading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast