Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
suboxone show in drug testing?
    lonnie387 is offline New Member

Angry

i had to take a 10 panel with expanded opiates and etg it came back poss for barbituates and butalbitals.i take flexiril and visteril. scared they found suboxin in one of them for social serv.what u think?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie387 View Post
    i had to take a 10 panel with expanded opiates and etg it came back poss for barbituates and butalbitals.i take flexiril and visteril. scared they found suboxin in one of them for social serv.what u think?

Do you have a prescription for subs? Because in an expanded 10 panel it will likely show up, or at least be flagged. Then they would send it to a lab for further testing to determine for sure what it is. That is my guess. It's pretty hard to get by an expanded 10 panel test. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

maryygane is offline New Member

Doctors who prescribe suboxone, generally manage urine tests. They have a way of telling in about 5 minutes. If you took an oxy a day or two before the check, it will differentiate between that and suboxone.

Candace80 is offline New Member

Default Does Suboxone Show up in Drug Test?

MATT/mlemons2010 YOUR RIGHT

Suboxone will not show up in a common drug screen Most pre-employment and probabtion tests are the "Five panel" variety that test for opiates, amphetamines, metamphetamines, marajuana and cocaine. Suboxone will NOT show on these tests. it will only be detected in a 12 panel urine test or if specifically tested for.

Any panel lower than 12, it will not test for it. Suboxone shows up as BUP (buprenorphine).
    The typical tests used to detect other opiates (methadone, oxycontin, percocet, >>>>>>) check for a different metabolite than what's found in suboxone and WILL NOT show a positive result for suboxone and suboxone WILL NOT show positive for any other opiate. This is from experience working for a physician who specializes in Suboxone treatment and through research.
    Last edited by Candace80; 03-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.

pssssstyo is offline New Member

Default suboxone is not the devil, if used correct and with willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by switchedaddictions View Post

I agree completely with the above poster!! Something SHOULD be done to protect our patient rights!!! Because our rights are dwindling away at record speeds, and our nosey meddling government is making CERTAIN of it!!! We're losing more rights every single DAY it seems!! Yet we have no CHOICE sometimes other than to sign papers to give approval (more like signing to give up our rights to privacy, for the sake of "public knowledge" !!!) Because in not signing we will certainly be denied necessary treatment/scripts!! Just one more way for the DEA/Government to meddle in our business!!! But I wont get into politics....

Moving on.... SUBOXONE is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!! And I had thought HYDROCODONE was all these years!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the most evil pills ever formulated- and is addictive and simply a "replacement" opiate and nothing MORE. Most are TRADING ADDICTIONS in taking it. And if you have a RAGING addiction like me, you will certainly need to taper with Sub in a CONTROLLED environment like a DETOX center!!! If you do not, you will likely end up taking 'Sub' the rest of your life. Because this stuff is a BIT#CH to come off of!! And even if you HAVE successfully tapered down to 1/8 a pill daily, jumping off from there is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. Because if you have a true addiction, your body just doesnt WANT to completely be off of anything addictive!! And it will surely LET YOU KNOW!

You will VERY likely have "PAWS" (Post Accute Withdrawal Symptoms) for up to a YEAR after having finally quit Suboxone. Then again, this depends on how long you were on it and what mg. If you're like me, and were on it 1-2+ years... then you may want to quit SUB, but it wont quit YOU so easily!!!

I understand and do not compare with your situation. I just try and identify with your pain. And i can imagine how suboxone can be hurtful and damaging. But if taken right it can definitely be a miracle pill or drug for some one trying to quit >>>>>>/oxycodone or any habit forming opiate. In my case I am only 24 years old and started using percocets for recrational purposes. Than it got to expensive and i started using >>>>>>(sniffing) when i could not afford the percocets or when people didnt have anymore for sale. But after a 1 yr of use i said it was enough. I checked myself into detox. There they gave me 1 8mg the first day. The second day the split another 8mg into 4 mgs in the morning. than 2 mg intha fternoon. and 2 mg at night. The third day they gave me 6 mg. 2 mg in the morning than 2 mg in the afternoon and at night 2 mg. the third day they gave me 2 mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. but to be honest by this time i was already normal and didnt need them. i took them just to follow procedure. Yes i was skeptical at first and thought i needed more days to be ok and not feel withdrawals. But by the 4th day i was feeling amazing. Yes i felt weird and uncomfortable but it was my body trying to get back to normal. Taking a piss was feeling different, yawning, smiling and even talking was different when ur off >>>>>>. But i definitely felt great waking up in the morning and not feeling sick, not looking for that next fix felt amazing. It took 3 days of suboxone for me to go back to my old self. I felt 100% normal by the 6th day. But i didnt take any more suboxones i only did ti for 3 days the doses stated above. so yes i know it can become the devil just like >>>>>>g but if used right it can be a life saver. I was never able to handle the >>>>>> withdrawals on my own and yes suboxone help me eased that pain. I have been clean for more than 4 months already. off everything . thanks to subs, god and my will power. people need to want to stay sober and clean. the need to want it for themselves and than with that power they can over come their urge to get high or look for that high. take care everyone and god bless.

islanderich is offline New Member

Default Suboxone in drug testing

My gf and I were on suboxone and we were tested for opiates. She came up negative while I was positive. The reason for this was I cheated - I used the night before, while she had been off dope for going on a week. So the answer is no, suboxone does not show up on the 5 panel pee test.

Quote Originally Posted by islanderich View Post
    My gf and I were on suboxone and we were tested for opiates. She came up negative while I was positive. The reason for this was I cheated - I used the night before, while she had been off dope for going on a week. So the answer is no, suboxone does not show up on the 5 panel pee test.

You are right. They have to use a ten panel test for buprenorphine to be checked for at all. But most all law enforcement and pain drs and such all use a ten panel anymore. So do large employers. Too many people abuse buprenorphine or sell it tillegally. Five painel tests are what you mostly see at a pharmacy for mom and dad to check thier kids for smoking pot. .
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

chitwn75 is offline New Member

Default unfortunatly your wrong

Quote Originally Posted by suboxonequeen View Post
    ok, here is a concrete answer to this question. i have been tested many a many of times and suboxone DOES NOT show up in a drug screen. this is an answer from a licensed Pa dr.

pills like xanax, vic, and oxy WILL SHOW AS AN OPIATE except xanax.
    xanax shows up as a benzoid.

pills usually take up to 72 hours to leave the body for a drug screeen.

and if you do come up hot, if it's for employment and you have a legit prescrip for them, you let them know ahead of time. if it's for a drug clinci and it comes up hot, you're gonna get nailed.
    in a 12 panel instant test i popped positive for opiates for taking suboxone. There are actuall 2 catagorys for opiates one is for things like codine, morphine, and hydromorphone. The second tests for oxy pecocet and feyntinal. I took a suboxone 5 dys before my drug test. I pray its out before then. But i only took one so i think i should be fine.

trueanswer1 is offline New Member

I looked up if Suboxone would show in your urine for a pre-employment drug screen. I saw a few different answers. I just got a job at a bank. They do VERY EXTENSIVE background/drug test ect... I have been doing Suboxone for the last 5 months to get off of percocets. I do not have a prescription because the Dr. appointments and medication is ridiculously expensive!!! I mean SERIOULSY, unless you are making a hundred grand a year.. you are screwed! And even though being addicted to prescription meds is a serious medical condition, insurance does not cover it. EVEN IF YOU GOT ADDICTED DUE TO EXCESSIVE USE BECAUSE YOU WERE PRESCRIBED THE MEDS!! That's ridiculous.. okay I'm getting off track here. Bottom liine, I was very scared that suboxone would show in up in my drug test. IT DID NOT!!!! I repeat, IT DID NOT SHOW!! I'm not saying that this will be the case for ALL pre-employment drug screens, but what I can tell you is that if ANY job was going to go the extra mile to pay more for a more extensive test, THIS JOB WOULD BE THE ONE! So, if you are starting a new job or have a pop up test and you are taking suboxone for the right reasons, but like most of us can't afford to get it the legal way... I wouldn't worry about it showing up. Good luck And for all of the comments that say "don't do drugs and you won't have to worry" OR "you shouldn't be taking suboxone unless it is prescribed" walk a mile in my shoes. I had 2 major back surgeries in 2006. I was 29 years old, and pretty much bed ridden for a year. And then using a walker and or wheelchair for months. By the time I was healed and ready to go back to work, I was screwed. Luckily at that time I was still get legal prescriptions. But when the time came that my Dr. decided that I didn't need them anymore, I was all for it. However, he did not wean me off of them. The prescriptions just stopped. And mind you, prior to this I was NEVER a prescription drug user at all. I had no idea that I was going to go through withdrawls. So, needless to say, I was in for a HUGE SHOCK when I couldn't sit still, sleep, my skin was crawling ect... and I couldn't be a mom, go to work, be a wife.. IT WAS HORRIBLE. So when I found someone that was being prescribed suboxone and they offered to sell me some.. I WAS ALL FOR IT! The funny thing is that this friend of mine was being prescribed 3 strips a day. They were the 8. something mg.. which is crazy ridiculous! Although luckily for him he really only needs to take one a day and could sell the rest because his Dr. appt once a month is $200 a visit PLUS like $700 for the entire prescription that again, insurance doesn't cover. This is such a shame. No one can get off of pills bc they can't afford the treatment. And the ones that can, have to sell it to be able to afford to buy their own.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

trueanswer,

Welcome to the forum! I have a couple of things to say about what you wrote. I do have excellent insurance, and the doctor wouldn't accept it for the office visit, but my pharmacy did! And I do know a couple of people where their doctor WILL accept their insurance for the visits and their pharmacy will also. So not everyone is in the same boat as you were in regards to insurance, and I'm sorry that you were denied being able to use yours.

And Suboxone/Subutex WILL show up on a drug screen, it's just that the lab has to check for it on an individual basis. If a 10-panel screen is run, and they check for Buprenorphine ( the active ingredient in subs) it will ALWAYS show up! That is a fact! Read around the forum and you will discover that I am correct.

But I am happy you got the job and they obviously didn't bother to check for the sub use. Consider yourself extremely blessed! Take care and again welcome! Hope this helps.

Hugs,
    Karen

Karen is absolutely correct. Some companies, regardless of how strict they may seem, may or may not choose to check for buprenorphine. They almost all do if the job you're applying for poses any potential physical danger for you or anyone working around you. The company would be assuming too much liability if someone were injured or worse and no one checked for a schedule III narcotic like buprenorphine, which is the same class as hydrocodone. Some companies, but not all, will not check for it if you are doing an office job. It's strictly up to the company. But more and more companies are checking for buprenorphine these days as it's abused by lots of people. Court appointed officers will check for it on random UA tests most always. God bless.
    Strong Desire likes this.

boutbeinclean is offline New Member

Hello all,

I am wandering if I took a quarter of 8mg sub film will it show up on a probation drug test and if so how long will it take to be out? I took the quarter of a strip last night and I have to do a po test on Tuesday.... Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thatruth2014 is offline New Member

Default Really, um no

Quote Originally Posted by suboxonequeen View Post
    ok, here is a concrete answer to this question. i have been tested many a many of times and suboxone DOES NOT show up in a drug screen. this is an answer from a licensed Pa dr.

pills like xanax, vic, and oxy WILL SHOW AS AN OPIATE except xanax.
    xanax shows up as a benzoid.

pills usually take up to 72 hours to leave the body for a drug screeen.

and if you do come up hot, if it's for employment and you have a legit prescrip for them, you let them know ahead of time. if it's for a drug clinci and it comes up hot, you're gonna get nailed.

You say you are a licensed PA but yet your info is wrong. Percocet shows up as oxy. Lortabs >>>>>> etc shows up as opiate. Then when they send it to the lab they break it down and can tell exactly what it is. Even tramadol wil show up if they send it to a lab. I know seroquel can show up as benzo.also I also know that suboxone shows up in 11-12 up to 56 panel drug test.

Tbfb is offline New Member

Regular 6 or 12 point drug screening,
    Suboxone will not show up,
    It's a specific test they have to run

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12