Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Suboxone and Klonopin
    Mikhail Tomasovic is offline New Member

Default Suboxone and Klonopin

hey guys! i am new to the forum and i am very happy to have found you guys. i love this place already, everyone seems very nice and seem to care about one another...

i have a long history unfortunately with opiod abuse... it started when i was fifteen with vicodin and it progressed quickly to oxycontin and >>>>>>. i also abused benzodiazepines and cocaine until a couple years back. okay, when i was 19 i got married and joined the army to try to kick my >>>>>> habit... it failed miserably and three years ago i overdosed on >>>>>>.

the events that followed the >>>>>> overdose are a bit difficult to understand... that would require an entirely new thread haha, so i will just highlight the basic points.... the doctors thought i suffered from a hypoxic episode and that is what caused any kind of motor injury. for the past three years i have been going off my doctor's say so that my injury was indeed physical and i obviously believed them because.. hey they are my docs! but i saw a series of new doctors after moving back home and they could not figure out why this theory stuck so much since i have no short term memory loss, frontal lobe damage, or any damage as far as they could tell from any mri, ctscan, eeg, etc... so they believe i have a severe anxiety/panic disorder which manifests itself as a sort of movement disorder... okay now that my history is out of the way i will try to give some medication history... i was on at one point, and this is no joke...

40 mgs Valium
    194.4 mgs Phenobarbital
    500 mgs Primidone
    8 mgs Klonopin
    50 mgs Baclofen

this was every day... they wondered why it looked like i had a 'movement disorder' huh? anyway, i am now down to

1.5 mgs Klonopin
    100 mgs Primidone

so i am pretty proud of myself... i just want to get all my movement abilities back and i will be set as far as my anxiety and depression. now on to my other problem... opiod addiction... i had stopped doing hard drugs after the overdose that nearly killed me, but that craving for pills continued... i took vicodin for about eight months at a stretch before coming off it cold turkey each time because my doctor would just cut me off. this time i started a vicodin regimen because i dislocated and tore my right shoulder from a fall about twelve weeks ago. my doctor cut off my vicodin for reason that i was too dependent on it. i could not go to the methadone clinic because of my anxiety disorder (i am unable to go just about anywhere by myself because i become so nervous, and my girlfriend works during the day) but a friend of mine had suboxone. unfortunately, my cravings gave in and i decided to try the suboxone to ease the discomfort of coming off opiates... i was just tired of it ya know?

my question is really this... i do not know what dosage of suboxone i should be taking... the first day i took 4 mgs and i felt like i was on >>>>>>... i didnt want to feel it that strongly so the next time i took 2 mgs and was fine... no withdrawal symptoms, it even helped my shoulder pain a bit. i took one mg the past two nights because my girlfriend is afraid i could overdose because of the klonopin. she got the idea that i would overdose from her buddy who used to abuse methadone with klonopin and nearly overdosed one day. i was hoping someone could tell me a bit about the interaction of suboxone, klonopin, and primidone. i appreciate you reading this extremely long-winded, drawn out post... i am just trying to give accurate information. thank you in advance!

take care and God Bless!
    Mikhail

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There are dangers of interactions causing respiratory depression which is stopping breathing. Don't do it. Doesn't happen to everyone but the risk is too high, especially if you are not under the care of dr doing this. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thank you Robert, may God Bless you and yours on this Good Friday. does anyone have any input on what i should/could do? i used it again last night around ten, only one milligram but my withdrawals are coming back already... i would like to enjoy my weekend with my family but i cannot find an alternative to suboxone since a buddy of mine gave it to me. i wanted to try to go to the methadone clinic today, but they were not accepting new entry today. i also am a bit short on money for something like that. any advice would be greatly appreciatted.

take care and God Bless!
    Mikhail

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tomasovic View Post
    thank you Robert, may God Bless you and yours on this Good Friday. does anyone have any input on what i should/could do? i used it again last night around ten, only one milligram but my withdrawals are coming back already... i would like to enjoy my weekend with my family but i cannot find an alternative to suboxone since a buddy of mine gave it to me. i wanted to try to go to the methadone clinic today, but they were not accepting new entry today. i also am a bit short on money for something like that. any advice would be greatly appreciatted.

take care and God Bless!
    Mikhail

Mikhail .... thank you for the blessings buddy! I appreciate that. I don't think you need to be taking any methadone to detox with. You're much better off with the suboxone if you're trying to end your opiate addiction. Methadone is a great medication, but it's a "last resort" type of medication. You only use methadone if you're planning on using it for life or at least a very long time.

From what I am reading you sound like you stopped the >>>>>> a good while back. How long ago was that? Sounds like you've been taking a bunch of RX opiate pills but not the >>>>>> any longer. Is that correct?

If you are stable taking only 2mg of suboxone per day that is great. Am I reading that correctly? I can take you from your current suboxone dose and taper you down to nothing and it will be relatively painless if you follow the suggestions. How long have you been taking the suboxone and are you taking it every day?

It's not a good idea taking klonopin with methadone or with suboxone. But the methadone clinics usually will run you off if you are taking benzos with the methadone. You've done a good job reducing your benzo usage from all the valium and klonopin down to 1.5mg of klonopin. That's a good job. I used valium, xanax, klonopin, all of them for 25 years in mega doses. I know how difficult it is doing what you've done.

Tell me exactly how much suboxone you've been using, for how long and how long it's been since you stopped the >>>>>>. I can help you finish tapering off these meds if that is what you want to do. Let me know. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert, you are most welcome! you deserve all the praise, trust me. it is so nice to have someone to listen and actually care who is not looking to just make a buck you know. i am sort of in a 'catch 22' situation with the opiates i think. you are correct, sir, i have been off the >>>>>> for a good while now and the strongest thing that i take is the rx pain killers. because of my severe anxiety/panic disorder it is pretty necessary for me to be on the klonopin, especially since i have been on it for so long. i take the primidone pretty much as a tranquilizer and i have cut that down 80% (i am now on 100mgs). my problem lies with the suboxone.

the problem i am having is i have cravings for the opiod "high" and withdrawal symptoms from the vicodin (which are nothing compared to the >>>>>> thank goodness!). i use the suboxone in lieu of methadone per suggestion from a friend who took both, and he gave me eight eight milligram pills with obviously no dosing instructions haha.

yes sir i am taking only one milligram per day of suboxone with mild withdrawal symptoms (mild nausea, back pain, dizziness, loss of appetite, increased anxiety) because my girlfriend is basically afraid i will overdose if i take two milligrams a day. i have only been doing this since tuesday, and i am sorry for my ignorance. so i am going to do my best to answer all your questions, sir, since i am sure your busy.

i am no longer taking >>>>>> and have not since 2006. i took vicodin, percocet, and oxycontin during the last two years to battle shoulder pain and i self medicated with them because of my severe depression. last week my doctor told me he would not fill my vicodin prescription (20 mgs per day hydrocodone, very low dosage) because i was becoming dependant on it (like i wasn't before, right?). i began taking suboxone on tuesday night and took only one quarter of one pill. i immediately felt no craving and a sort of euphoric high, but i began to get rather messed up. when i say messed up i mean loaded as if i had shot >>>>>> almost except not as extreme. my girlfriend immediately tossed the pills and we had a fight about me needing to kick the habit cold turkey, which i tried to tell her is very difficult and painful. she agreed to let me continue taking the suboxone without fighting, and i continued but at one milligram per night. as i stated before, i am a bit uncomfortable on only one milligram but it is manageable. i am more comfortable on two and if there is a risk free way we could do that i would be delighted. i have in my possession now only 24 mgs of suboxone, but hopefully i can grab some more from my buddy when he comes down from lafayette.

the only thing i worry about is mixing the suboxone with primidone and klonopin, i really do not want to overdose (like i did with >>>>>>). i called my pharmacist and he told me it was fine to take with klonopin and primidone... i actually talked to two pharmacists... however, i take your word over theirs because you have gone through all of this and seem to be very knowledgable on all of these issues. thank you again and God Bless!

sincerely and respectfully,
    Mikhail

Default Mikhail

You should have your girlfriend read your thread here so she can see what we are saying. You have NOTHING to worry about taking 2mg of suboxone I assure you. That is a VERY low dose and you're very fortunate that you do well with that dose. Most people initially require closer to 8mg to stabilize. Think about it ... if 2mg was a high dose why would they make 8mg pills?

If you're going to take either methadone or suboxone, my suggestion is to forget the methadone and go with the suboxone. There is NO reason for you to be on methadone. In fact THAT would be the WRONG thing for you to do.

Go to the following link. These are my standard suggestions for using suboxone. You'll notice in the INDUCTION section of the post that 2mg is nothing more than the starting dose when we are attempting to stabilize a new patient getting off RX pain meds such as hydrocodone, percocets, etc.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

I suggest that you take 2mg per day but only for four more days. You'll notice in the aforementioned link that I recommend reducing your dose by 25% every four days as long as you have NO w/d symptoms. The idea of using suboxone is to detox without having to go through a painful detox. You should not have w/d symptoms while detoxing with suboxone.

After you've been on 2mg for four days you'll reduce to 1.5mg per day for another four days. Then you'll reduce by 25% again and so on and so on until you titrate down to .5mg. At that time we do a process of skipping days that I can assist you with. I'll also help you with explaining how to cut the 8mg pills down to the recommended dose you're at during that time.

You need to take the 2mg in a split dose taking 1mg twice daily ... once when you get up and again late in the afternoon or very early evening. I would like to see you continue trying to reduce your klonopin dose as you are able. But you are at a very low dose of suboxone and it's going to continue getting lower and lower. I wouldn't freak out about it as long as you keep reducing the dose as suggested. You should be just fine. After all this time of using benzos you've built up a tolerance to the klonopin and your body should do just fine.

I'm on my way out the door to attend Good Friday church services. I won't be back until later tonight as we will be having dinner after church. But don't worry my friend. I will stick this out with you and help you right down to the end. You'll be another success story in no time as long as you follow the suggestions. I look forward to working with you doing this. You seem like a very nice guy and very focused. You'll have no problems with this at all that I can see. Tell your girlfriend that she's great wanting to look out for you but you'll be just fine doing this starting out at 2mg. Take care and we'll talk later tonight or in the morning. Good luck and God bless.

thank you so much Robert! i hope you had a wonderful church service with your family and i am beginning the 2mg of suboxone right as we speak. i have marked it off on my calender which days i should go down according to your schedule. have a great evening and God Bless, if i don't speak to you before i hope you have a great day tomorrow as well.

p.s. the only problem with reducing klonopin is my neuropsychologist is handling that taper, and i see him on tuesday so he probably can give me some input on that which i can relay to you and we can work in just fine.

Mikhail

thank you so much Robert! i hope you had a wonderful church service with your family and i am beginning the 2mg of suboxone right as we speak. i have marked it off on my calender which days i should go down according to your schedule. have a great evening and God Bless, if i don't speak to you before i hope you have a great day tomorrow as well.

p.s. the only problem with reducing klonopin is my neuropsychologist is handling that taper, and i see him on tuesday so he probably can give me some input on that which i can relay to you and we can work in just fine.

Mikhail

That is fine! You can talk to your dr about the klonopin on Tuesday. I don't want to interfere with what your dr says for you to do on that taper anyway. I will promise you though that the klonopin need to be tapered very slowly.

I'll be around most all weekend except for Sunday on Easter morning while I'm in church. Talk to you over the weekend. God bless.

thank you again sir. last night went very well. i took two milligrams and i slept fine with only a tad bit of nausea (i think from smoking too many cigarettes). i almost slept too well i think and my girl had to drag me out of bed haha! well today i am having no kind of withdrawals since i took the two milligrams at around ten pm (central time). i am waiting until that time to take my next two, and i have it marked off when i switch to 1.5 and then again to 1. thanks so much buddy, this is fantastic. i am having no craving for opiates whatsoever... that is a blessing. now if i could just get rid of my anxiety and walk all by myself into my mother's house for easter, i would call this a true miracle it will all happen one day i'm sure, for now... one obstacle at a time

Mikhail

As I mentioned yesterday it's best for you to take a split dose, splitting your medication in half and taking twice daily. You should be taking 1mg when you get up and 1mg in the evening. It will help you to take it this way when you're tapering down. I would take 1mg now and 1mg tonight for today if it were me. God bless.

awwww jeez i write down everything except for that part... haha i'm sorry i tried to follow all the instructions to a T... i messed that one up though it is already 5:30 so i guess i should wait until bedtime huh? anyway, it feels like this stuff has a massive half life. i will start tomorrow with the one and one, i am sorry i missed that... sometimes when i read through things i tend to skip whole lines... no excuse, it's my fault. have a great Easter Robert! God Bless!

Mikhail

Anonymous Guest

awwww jeez i write down everything except for that part... haha i'm sorry i tried to follow all the instructions to a T... i messed that one up though it is already 5:30 so i guess i should wait until bedtime huh? anyway, it feels like this stuff has a massive half life. i will start tomorrow with the one and one, i am sorry i missed that... sometimes when i read through things i tend to skip whole lines... no excuse, it's my fault. have a great Easter Robert! God Bless!

Mikhail
    Hi mikhail
    I read things like that too...I go back and read it again and there is a whole new paragraph that just came out of know where...
    Your doing great !!!
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Dear Mikhail-

You sound like you have come long way already! I am so glad you found this little community! I am fairly new her as well. I stopped Methadone and hydrocodone about 3 weeks ago and Robert, Melinda, etc. helped me get through the initial withdrawal and start on Suboxone. I am at 8 mg now and will start tapering per Robert on Monday.

I too have suffered from major, fairly treatment-resistent, depression for 15 years. I took Vicodin for migraines and I eventually realized that it made me feel like I used to before depression. I was soo depressed I didnt' care WHAT it would eventually do to me! I was just very tired of the sadness.

Anyway, I want to say WELCOME! It sounds like you have a great girlfriend, being that concerened for you. I just wanted to say "hi". Please know that we will be there for you when you need us, but it sounds like you are going to do fine!

mags

Mags and Melinda,
    thanks so much guys! i really do love you guys, i mean this community is wonderful. it is great to have people who understand where you are coming from and everything. best of luck to you mags, i hope your tapering goes well. i am having a little trouble today, i took the one milligram in the morning and around two i got very sick feeling and i vomited.... i am going to wait till before bed to take my other dose, i do not like feeling that way... do you think maybe i am just having an effect to the suboxone or maybe the easter food at my moms? haha i hope both of you had a great Easter and God Bless both of you take care! i hope to talk to y'all later on.

Mikhail

okay today is the day to cut down again, which is fine with me i am ready... i am just worried guys i havent been feeling too chipper the past couple days especially... i am very depressed and that is when i used to turn to drugs to kind of 'self medicate'... do you think it is still best for me to cut today?

by the way i hope you have had a great weekend guys with your families and God Bless! stay safe!

Mikhail
    Last edited by Mikhail Tomasovic; 04-14-2009 at 03:16 PM.

okay today is the day to cut down again, which is fine with me i am ready... i am just worried guys i havent been feeling too chipper the past couple days especially... i am very depressed and that is when i used to turn to drugs to kind of 'self medicate'... do you think it is still best for me to cut today?

NO. Don't reduce yet. This isn't an exact science, that's why I ask people to communicate like you're doing. Some people need a little longer at a given dose. You need to have four good days of NO w/d symptoms AT ALL before you reduce.

Don't allow yourself to get sick from w/d. Sounds like maybe the 2mg is a little light actually. If you start feeling like that again let me know. You're on a VERY small dose. I don't want you to be in pain over this, it isn't necessary. See how you do over the next couple days at that dose of 2mg. God bless.

thanks much Robert. how was your Easter by the way? i hope it was very nice

i think i just get very depressed because of my physical condition... for some reason, unknown to my doctors... i have little to no confidence when walking so i must HOLD (just hold, not put it on the ground) a walker while walking or else i feel like i am going to hurt myself from a fall (i dislocated my shoulder from a fall because i tried to overcome it and was surprised, locked up, and fell on my elbow). i also have something they call 'intention tremors'.. meaning i sometimes shake when trying to do something, but if i try to do the same thing without any pressure i can do it just fine... they cannot understand my anxiety and panic, and that just depresses me more. i think i may have finally found the right doctor for it.. i begin seeing him next thursday... just thought i would give you a little tid bit on my problems... these are the reasons i do most of the narcotics... as a way to feel somewhat better and to relieve the pain in my shoulders.

take care Robert and God Bless you sir!

Mikhail

well i wound up sleeping until about 1:00 this afternoon... after i got up i didn't feel like doing anything except sitting down and watching television... i normally like to do something like ride the exercise bike, or lift some weights or at least do SOMETHING. a friend of mine told me to try and play some video games but i'm not too big a fan... i have so much on my mind and it seems like noone will listen, or if they do they do not understand...

i am embarassed to say some things, but sometimes it's necessary. i am worried about running out of suboxone too... i have only one and 3 quarter pills left and i am still on 2 milligrams a day... i can't take it one and one because i cannot coordinate myself enough to cut it properly... so i take 2 mgs at night.. i dont even feel them anymore and i just end up feeling sick and depressed... i lay in bed hurting a little bit unable to sleep and then when i start to drift off to sleep i have those sudden spasms, you know like when you are dreaming that you are falling or something? i have those and i keep waking myself and my girlfriend up... we haven't made love for a few days because i have been too depressed and that makes me feel selfish and even more depressed... so i don't know what to do guys... i tried calling a suboxone prescribing doc yesterday because my psychiatrist told me i'm an idiot for taking medicine that was no prescribed to me... even though he wouldn't do it and didn't take into account that it is a better idea to take something to make me feel better than put my 9mm in my mouth...

just hoping to get any input at all... comments... i will take someone making fun of me right now... its better than not hearing anything at all...

Mikhail

Default Mikhail

Hey man! Don't worry about what you're having trouble with here. You can say what is bothering you. It's the only way to know what is happening with you.

Can you obtain any more suboxone pills? Because based on what you've said to me in the past you seemed like you were doing much better than what you're sharing now. That is okay but the thing is I don't think you're taking enough suboxone. You sound like you're having w/d symptoms. You are NOT taking a high dose. Most people require a higher stablizing dose than what you are at.

It's difficult for me to do only so much if you don't have the medication. You really need to get the medication from a sub dr if at all possible. I don't recall you saying before now how or where you were getting the medication. I assumed you had a prescription.

You'll need more suboxone to do this taper the way I suggest. That doesn't mean you can't be using what you have but I don't think you're taking enough after listening to you. You should take a minimum of 2mg more from what I can see. Hope this helps some, you seem like a nice guy. Just relax and try to think about this logically rather than letting the w/d get to you. I would take 2mg and let me know how you're doing. I will be going to see a flick in a while so let me know something. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mikhail
    I'm sorry your having a hard time right now...I know how hard it is going thru this.
    I hope you can get some more subs,so you can do this properly.
    You would feel so much better...
    Try to think about when you get off all this stuff and good days are here.
    You will be so proud of yourself and not be depressed anymore.
    That's how I got thru it.
    I always look to the future and the good times to come.
    I know it sounds corney but it works for me...
    Try to kick back and tell yourself everything will be OK.
    and it will...
    Talk to you soon,Melinda

hey guys thanks very much for your responses... i am sorry to have come off that way, i didn't mean to sound so down... it's just been a bad couple days. it's strange, it seems like i am only happy when i am on drugs. that is something serious i was trying to address with my doctors, but they don't seem to take much notice and prefer to label me as being just another junkie. well, anyway though...

thank you very much for your suggestion Robert. the way i obtained the pills was actually an accident. a friend of a friend heard that i was out of my vicodin and this and that - basically i was looking for more painkillers. so he came over looking to sell me oxycontin. he brought his suboxone prescription with him, i guess he brings it everywhere since he is on recovery because of parole, and i asked what it was (he had pulled it out because the other pills were in the bottle). he told me i wouldn't want that because it doesn't get you high its for people in recovery... so i said well hang on and i looked it up online and sure enough he was telling the truth... so i asked how much for those pills instead and he said he couldn't give me all of them because he needs a certain amount in his system or something when he gets tested or he goes back to prison, so i asked if i could please buy four from him and i would make his trip worthwhile (since i was not buying the oxy). that's when i came on the board and asked for some dosing tips because i took half of a pill the first time and i felt a little messed up that night... so i thought you guys would know best, and so far it has been a great success for me.

right now i am just confused as to whether or not i am feeling withdrawal symptoms or i am feeling just my normal depression that i used to self medicate with painkillers... even though i needed the painkillers, they didn't just relieve my pain (obviously) in my shoulders... they also made my day seem more bright and happy... that is why i felt like i needed to get off them so badly (and because of my horrible experiences with >>>>>>)... i will try to go to a doc to get some more because i do not feel comfortable talking to a lot of my old friends... since i don't do drugs (much anyway) anymore i guess they feel like i am not one of them anymore.

so thanks for the suggestions guys, i am gonna try and take two mgs and let ya know how i feel... i really appreciate y'all listening and taking time out of your day... i know i seem like a confusing case and i hate to burden y'all with that... God Bless and stay safe.

Mikhail

okay guys sorry for the lack of updates... i caught a little 24 hr bug yesterday somehow and i was ... not to be too graphic... vomiting my guts out for the entire day... maybe it was food poisoning. i am going to a detox program on monday, so they should be able to regulate the dosage (i have enough to last me until then, i just can't raise my dosage any or else i will run out... well i will let you guys know what's going on and such... thanks for so much support, i will write back again later this weekend before i go in for the detox... i would appreciate any advice about the detox... i have been through one before and it did nothing for me... so maybe this one will be different? it was my mother's idea, she lives across the lake from me in covington and one of her friends set me up with a doctor in the city closer to me to do the detox...

sincerely and repectfully,
    Mikhail

okay guys sorry for the lack of updates... i caught a little 24 hr bug yesterday somehow and i was ... not to be too graphic... vomiting my guts out for the entire day... maybe it was food poisoning. i am going to a detox program on monday, so they should be able to regulate the dosage (i have enough to last me until then, i just can't raise my dosage any or else i will run out... well i will let you guys know what's going on and such... thanks for so much support, i will write back again later this weekend before i go in for the detox... i would appreciate any advice about the detox... i have been through one before and it did nothing for me... so maybe this one will be different? it was my mother's idea, she lives across the lake from me in covington and one of her friends set me up with a doctor in the city closer to me to do the detox...

Mikhail

There is nothing wrong with doing a detox in rehab. I did it too. Make the most out of this opportunity to clean up.

Different facilities use different detoxing methods. Some use the old standard of clonidine and librium. Some use subutex/suboxone. There is more than one way to detox.

Do you know what detox process the facility you're going to uses? I wish you the best of luck. God bless.

thanks so much for all your help Robert, i can never thank you guys enough for all the time you have put in on my behalf. i am a bit anxious about the detox because my girlfriend and my mom are telling me literally NOTHING about it... apparently it is outpatient from what i understand though... i don't even know the name of it... i will update you as soon as i know... God bless you and your family!

Mikhail

thanks so much for all your help Robert, i can never thank you guys enough for all the time you have put in on my behalf. i am a bit anxious about the detox because my girlfriend and my mom are telling me literally NOTHING about it... apparently it is outpatient from what i understand though... i don't even know the name of it... i will update you as soon as i know... God bless you and your family!

Mikhail

If it's outpatient and it's a detox then it's most likely a facility that uses suboxone would be my guess. Of course I don't know but I don't know what else they would be doing on an outpatient basis taking you through a detox. Let me know. God bless.

80-O/USER is offline New Member

Question Im gonna be starting suboxone what o expect im scared!

hello everyone im new here and didn't really know where to turn to for questions.i came across this and every1 seems so nice and helpful.i been doing 2 1/2/80 mil. Oxy a day for a long time,well im going to a suboxone program may 1st and i don't know what to expect.i would take 1-80 and a quarter piece in the morn and later in the day the other 80 and a quart.im hearing scary stories about sub. When u first start just woundering what to expect when i go may 1 and how much do u think they would start my mil.of sub. At.any info would be greatly helpful cause im very scared! thank you

dschmitta is offline New Member

Default Help with Detox!!

Hey everyone. Good to find a place to talk about all this. Sorry to step on any toes, I'm a new member and apologize for jumping into the thread like this. I've been on 'done for almost six years. I have gotten down to 5 mg. and I want to get off of this crazy train!!! My clinic offers the option to switch to Sub. to get off of 'done. I know they just want the money, but my insurance will pay all costs. I would like to do this as quickly as possible so I don't get the hook on Sub. My question is, how should I go about this?, should I stay on the lowest dose possible, and how quick should I start coming down on dose

Anonymous Guest

Hi dschmitta
    Are you down to 5mg a day of oxycodone...If you are you should be able to quit using the Thomas recipe...with out to much trouble...
    Just a thought...

Talk to you later, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by 80-O/USER View Post
    hello everyone im new here and didn't really know where to turn to for questions.i came across this and every1 seems so nice and helpful.i been doing 2 1/2/80 mil. Oxy a day for a long time,well im going to a suboxone program may 1st and i don't know what to expect.i would take 1-80 and a quarter piece in the morn and later in the day the other 80 and a quart.im hearing scary stories about sub. When u first start just woundering what to expect when i go may 1 and how much do u think they would start my mil.of sub. At.any info would be greatly helpful cause im very scared! thank you

Check out the following link for using subs. The second link is for the Thomas Recipe for cold turkey detox. You could almost be done with detox by May 1st using the Thomas Recipe. Let us know what you do. God bless.

Thomas Recipe

http://www.>>>>>>>.org/health_pages/...show/16?cid=66

Quote Originally Posted by dschmitta View Post
    Hey everyone. Good to find a place to talk about all this. Sorry to step on any toes, I'm a new member and apologize for jumping into the thread like this. I've been on 'done for almost six years. I have gotten down to 5 mg. and I want to get off of this crazy train!!! My clinic offers the option to switch to Sub. to get off of 'done. I know they just want the money, but my insurance will pay all costs. I would like to do this as quickly as possible so I don't get the hook on Sub. My question is, how should I go about this?, should I stay on the lowest dose possible, and how quick should I start coming down on dose

Here is the Thomas Recipe melinda was referring to. Good luck and God bless.

http://www.>>>>>>>.org/health_pages/...show/16?cid=66

If you've been on methadone though after reading again here is the suboxone therapy link. Sorry if I misunderstood. You will need to be off all the methadone for about three days before induction.

Last edited by Robert_325; 04-22-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast