SUBOXONE AND DRINKING please help!!!!!!
    MegYes1234 is offline New Member

Default SUBOXONE AND DRINKING please help!!!!!!

I am currently on sub (almost 3 weeks) and taking 8mg in the am and 2mg in the pm. I also take klonopin about .25-.50mg a day. I have friends in town this weekend and we are going out to dinner tonite. Is it okay to have one or two glasses of wine. I cant remember what doc said exactly. I belive he said one or two beers/wine would be okay but no drinking at all is best.

Sub has been great. I have never felt better. I feel free of this stupid norcos that ran my life for almost four years. I am so glad I heard about sub treatment!!

MegYes1234 is offline New Member

Default another thing

I also just started taking an anti-depressant celexa, i think its called that, 10mg a day started yesterday. Thanks for any help or thoughts

Dave87666 is offline Member

I actually just answered this question like last week,but here goes again....IF you drink while on suboxone make sure its not much at all(2 beers/glasses of wine is fine) but if you over do it,it WILL make you sick as hell.Keep in mind that suboxone is also a little tough on your liver...Furthermore since you're taking a benzo(klonopin) you wont need to drink as much since that intensifies alcohol...Last but not least(sorry to sound like a text book)..Alcohol is a depressant which cancels out your antidepressant,so again if you drink to much it can have a tendancy to make you a crying drunk....So yes go out have a few drinks now and again,just dont over do it...Hope this helps,and have fun!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Just to add what Dave said, your better off drinking a couple beers then anything else.I know that drinking while on methadone can make you metabilize the methadone and theoretically can cause you to go into withdrawls.I myself will have the odd glass of wine or a couple of beers and have had no troubles at all.Have a nice weekend just take it easy on the booze........Dave

carnalisious is offline New Member

Suboxone is designated for treating alcoholism, so its not a good idea to say the least. 1-2 glasses of wine or beer should be ok if you take your time. Also, if your drinking wine, throw some ice in it to dilute it (just say its not cold enough). Or better yet, just have water/soda. You have no reason to drink just because you are out to dinner with friends, they shouldn't care if you dont partake (or say your fighting a cold/headache and took something shortly before going out) They have no need to know about your treatment unless they have reason to, and if they are aware, real simple, tell them your not drinking because of your meds. Or are these the kind of freinds you shouldn't be out with, given yourt treatment? Either way, drinking will make you very ill, just a matter of at what point (which has nothing to do with how much you can drink.

prestonself is offline New Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by carnalisious View Post
    Suboxone is designated for treating alcoholism, so its not a good idea to say the least. 1-2 glasses of wine or beer should be ok if you take your time. Also, if your drinking wine, throw some ice in it to dilute it (just say its not cold enough). Or better yet, just have water/soda. You have no reason to drink just because you are out to dinner with friends, they shouldn't care if you dont partake (or say your fighting a cold/headache and took something shortly before going out) They have no need to know about your treatment unless they have reason to, and if they are aware, real simple, tell them your not drinking because of your meds. Or are these the kind of freinds you shouldn't be out with, given yourt treatment? Either way, drinking will make you very ill, just a matter of at what point (which has nothing to do with how much you can drink.

I take subs and thought I would have a drink with some buddies from work. Very bad idea on my part. I found this to lookong up information myself because I'm at home sick in the bed today. I drunk 5 white russian's last night. This morning I started to cough and started to get sick. I couldn't even take my subs this morning because I was so sick. I hardly ever drink and this is the reason I don't. I hope this feeling goes away soon. I agree with the guy above. DONT DRINK!! IT HURTS!!! The more you drink the worse it's going to be for you. Thanks.

BelieveMeIKnow is offline New Member

DONT DO IT!!!!!!, I've done this more times in the past 2 years to count! Don't do it!! All sorts of >>>> has happened to me, not your norm! Usually drinking in general causes you to do crazy things, suboxone will intensify this by a ton!!!! I've cooked breakfast sleepwalking, woke up in places I shouldn't have! Done countless things I should be in jail for! My fianc