Suboxone for 5 days-chills- withdrawls? I'm SO lost! I took a vicodin :(
    skmco is offline New Member

Unhappy Suboxone for 5 days-chills- withdrawls? I'm SO lost! I took a vicodin :(

I posted to a different thread and got NO advice, just someone telling me that pain pill withdrawals aren't as bad as >>>>>> withdrawals...duh! They must not have read my whole thread on how much I was using but whatever...this is my 1st time writing on here- I've read TONS on here and really like how you guys try to help one another out- I hope I'm one of those you can help out!

Ok, I took Suboxone after an opiate addiction (vicodins/percs). I was only on the subs for 5 days... my doc only gave me that amount but yesterday was my 1st day off subs and I had HORRIBLE chills! I was able to sleep last night, but today was so unbearable with the chills that I took a vicodin to ease them. Has anyone taken vics to ease sub withdrawls? Are these even sub withdrawls? Or is it still from the vicodin withdrawls? i see here that alot of people have taken subs for years! I was taking about 10-15 1000s a day and started on a MUCH lower dose of subs than I see here, 41/2 mg day one, and 2mg day 2, same day 3, 1 1/2mg day 4 and 1 1/2mg day 5.

I am scared that I am going to have to go thru some HORRIBLE w/d and I don't know where to turn. My doc thinks it's all in my head and I know it's not. I've been trying exercise, hot showers and all to keep busy but these are so bad-especially because it's so cold out too!
    I just wish I know of someone who has already done this- did I mess myself up with taking the vicodin?
    I'm so worried because the chills are already back- the stomach cramps, rls, fatigue, feels like I'm sweating, my skin is so hot yet I'm FREEZING! The cold weather doesn't help either.

I have no more vics or suboxone. I do have some neurontin though- would that help? I'm freaking out here! I have a family who depends on me, my husband would be so mad if he found out that I took that vic...and my kids- I want to get over this for them all!

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skmco View Post
    I posted to a different thread and got NO advice, just someone telling me that pain pill withdrawals aren't as bad as >>>>>> withdrawals...duh! They must not have read my whole thread on how much I was using but whatever...this is my 1st time writing on here- I've read TONS on here and really like how you guys try to help one another out- I hope I'm one of those you can help out!

Ok, I took Suboxone after an opiate addiction (vicodins/percs). I was only on the subs for 5 days... my doc only gave me that amount but yesterday was my 1st day off subs and I had HORRIBLE chills! I was able to sleep last night, but today was so unbearable with the chills that I took a vicodin to ease them. Has anyone taken vics to ease sub withdrawls? Are these even sub withdrawls? Or is it still from the vicodin withdrawls? i see here that alot of people have taken subs for years! I was taking about 10-15 1000s a day and started on a MUCH lower dose of subs than I see here, 41/2 mg day one, and 2mg day 2, same day 3, 1 1/2mg day 4 and 1 1/2mg day 5.

I am scared that I am going to have to go thru some HORRIBLE w/d and I don't know where to turn. My doc thinks it's all in my head and I know it's not. I've been trying exercise, hot showers and all to keep busy but these are so bad-especially because it's so cold out too!
    I just wish I know of someone who has already done this- did I mess myself up with taking the vicodin?
    I'm so worried because the chills are already back- the stomach cramps, rls, fatigue, feels like I'm sweating, my skin is so hot yet I'm FREEZING! The cold weather doesn't help either.

I have no more vics or suboxone. I do have some neurontin though- would that help? I'm freaking out here! I have a family who depends on me, my husband would be so mad if he found out that I took that vic...and my kids- I want to get over this for them all!
    SKMCO

Hang in there Girl, can you find some more subs? Everybody in this community is awesome. They all help each other and I know they will help you too. Remember your not alone, we are all in this together.
    Melissa

Default no

no, I can't get any more subs... I WISH!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Your dr is an idiot. You don't use subs for a few days. Here is how I've worked with people for years on this forum successfully. It's a 6-8 week process. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default so...

So what do I do in the meantime?! I tried telling him I've read about this stuff and he doesn't care. He just looks at me like another addict trying to get drugs! And by the time I find another doc, I may be in bad shape, you know?

Default also...

also, isn't an opiate detox to pain pills around a week? Or does the suboxone draw that out?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Part of using subs is to help you heal and that takes a little time. If he won't give you anymore meds I would tell him he's a worthless jerk and contact www.suboxone.com and get another dr.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hello Robert,

I'm not sure how to use these forums to good yet. I posted to you in another thread, just wondering if you got it?

Melissa

Default yeah

I agree...and I will. I mean, I read up on everything bc he doesn't really describe ANYTHING to me! He's the reason I was addicted to it all! I mean per month: 120 750mg vic per month on top of 180 ultracets per month!!! I used to take the ultracets to help with w/d but I'm out and the pharmacy quit giving me both... he finally caught on to what he was ACTUALLY prescribing me and by then I was too far into the addiction! I just am afraid of all this. It isn't his fault I abused them up to 15 1000s a day of vics but after 5 years of using them, my tolerance built up too much.

I am just stuck. I guess I need to just try and tough it out! I hate this..never did another kind of drug in my life. I have major back problems and thats how I got this way. I am 25 years old. I can't be down for too long. I read these forums and find it very helpful...maybe he should!!!

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I just have to say that I've seen alot of bad doctors when it comes to perscribing this drug, but your doctor certainly takes the cake. Five days worth, the last day at 1-1/2 mg. and thats it? All that did was strentch out the original addiction. I have never heard of such a thing. He should be ashamed. He should take responsibility.
    If you absolutely cannot get any more sub, I would try to tough it out but there are ways to make that easier. There is something called the Thomas Recipe which eases cold turkey withdrawal. Here it is:

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Alot of people have gone cold turkey using this and it does help alot. If you can get more sub, all the better. You can definitely get here here on tapering off at that time.
    NYG

Default yeah, he does take the cake

He definately takes the cake! His reasoning is that some detox facilities are only about 5 days long. So I have a question... does the suboxone PROLONG the withdrawals??? That's my main question... or am I just stuck in this terrible nightmare where I'm gonna have to do this thing cold turkey instead? I'm so ready to quit and just want to be done with all this. I just hope this doc didn't make it all harder on me in the long run!!! Does anyone know how this works? Did the vics I took today hurt me too?

no_more_tram is offline Member

The first time I went through detox I only took the Suboxone for 5 days, and I believe that my last dose was 2mg, and I felt alittle ************ once I got home, Dr told me that I may have some slight withdrawals from the Subs. But it goes away and I wouldn't think taking 1 vic would prolong or affect you negatively. You only took one? Anyhow, everyone is different on withdrawals but it will go away, sometimes other people need more time to get through them. I always hated the Chills the worst, I would feel sweaty, yet be so cold and my toes and hands were so the coldest parts of my body. I would just try alittle exercise, walking, drinking lots of fluids esp water and gatorade, flush that ******** out of you!! Hope you start feeling better soon. Keep us updated.

Don't worry about the 5 days on sub. You would be in w/d either way. He's an axxhole though. Yeah, some detoxes are 5 days but they don't give you sub for the five days then cut you off and send you on your way, now do they? Usually doctors give too MUCH sub, at too high a dose... Can you get more sub? If yes, then there are those here who can work with you on the taper. If not, just try to get what you can get from the Thomas Recipe and the major w/d should be finished in a matter of days. Some of it lasts longer but people here do it that way every day. Taking vics to ease sub withdrawals will just prolong the inevitable. You can do it.
    NYG

Default No_More_Tram...

Thanks No more Tram! So how long did those chills last? In your opinion, does the sub prolong the wds? I took 2 vics today... and trust me, they barely gave me an hour each of releif from the chills- not even worth taking, really. I'm just still FREEZING!

Default prolong the inevitable

you're right- guess I really just wanna know how long I have to deal with it- kinda makes it a little easier if I know what I'm facing!

Anonymous Guest

subs work differently to other opiates, they bind very tightly to our receptors and boot off the other opiates. then they dont give you the same high, so we heal, from the original addiction, BUT they are an opiate as well, so of course if you come off too soon, or on too high a dose you will withdraw.
    i am on .25 mg, and still notice at the end of the day, let alone if i were to jump (or be pushed as in your case, at 1.5 or 2mg.)
    i thought my doctor was useless, he said he would be happy for me to stop taking subs at 2mg. what an idiot. of course i cant do that. i would be running for the next nearest opiate if i had done that. thankfully i found this forum before he could screw me up on too high a dose to start with. 12mg, was too much. i got to 8 pretty quick, and tapered gradually to where i am now. thats taken 5months, not 5 days. good luck ay
    cheeky

SKMCO,

Haven't heard from you in a couple days, just wondering how your doing and if you were able to get some more subs. Please let me know what's going on. Everyone on here has been an inspiration to me. I couldn't wait to read more new posts. It keeps me going you know? I know that I can do it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time!!!! But anyways, please post so that we know your alright.

Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa B; 12-19-2009 at 03:16 PM.

bigben20 is offline New Member

Default it sucks

do you withdraw of sobos yes they have to be one of the worst meds in the world alls it is is a pill they put u on to get of opiates so u go from depending on one thing to another. iv been clean for 14months now and before that it was bad i am still suffering the aftermath pending trial for trafficking i was doing between 240mgs-400mgs of oxycontin and any where between 5-20mgs of xanax or kolonpin a day and obviously it wasnt that bad like that at first but we all know ur body builds a tolerance i went from weighing 220 to 150 and lookd like a wreck lost a lot of people close to me my job and got in some trouble and still didnt want to quit i had a stockpile of sobos just incase my guy was out and i tried them for a little bit felt great tried to stop them and bam im jonsin so i went to see my dr. and told him about my situation and askd him if he could give me somthin to help with detoxing he game me a script of colonadine and diyclomine one to help with keeping bloodpressure stable and diyclomine to help with abdomonal cramping and beleive me it helpd alot ya i still felt like ******** but there was only one bad day about halfway dryheaving for 13hrs and just wantd to die basically but after i detoxed i havent used since and really dont want to so from my sharing a little of my experience hopefully it will help somebody out

bigben20 is offline New Member

and the detox wasnt nearly as bad as it would have been with out those two med so i would talk to ur dr. about that for sure

sigma_x is offline New Member

This site is awesome. Bunch of junkies kicking. Freaking hilarious. There ARE a few really useful posts on this thread, though, for some of you brand new, youngin' intern junkies, like that one post above where the dude lays out his 4 day stay-at-home detox method. THAT is the way to kick. Using Subutex or Suboxone is all well and fine, and it works and all, but the problem is is that - poof! - just like that, you're off one drug and strung out on another.

The trick is is to try and sleep your way through the 1st three days, which are, by far, the hardest to get through. But sleep is almost impossible without aid of some kind (I once went - no joke - TWENTY SEVEN DAYS without sleep in the LA County Jail while kicking like Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan in a Kung-Fu Double Feature) so I would do like the guy says and take a sh!tload of Valium or Xanax and just try and sleep through the worst of it.

The thing with us junkies is is that we love the dope but hate being junkies. And, because we're junkies, we think that everything should come easy to us, including getting off junk (whatever it is you're doing, whether it's pills or >>>>>> or whatever - it's all opiates.) It's a real pain in the balls to kick opiates. Period. If you really want to (or, more likely, HAVE to) kick, you're going to have to expect and to deal with a fairly significant amount of discomfort. But it's nothing that's gonna kill you. It just sucks.

(Disclosure: After being clean for 2 & 1/2 years, I relapsed HARD and ended up back with a big ol' >>>>>> habit. Went on a 6 month run and in that short time lost my apt, my girlfriend, my family's trust (again), and am broke. I kicked using the Xanax/sleep method, got through the worst of it, and promptly went out on the 4th day and shot up a whole mess of >>>>>>... and got sick as sh!t all over again. Tried to kick cold turkey (as in: no help), made it through 2 days of semi-agony and puking, and on the 3rd day copped another day's worth of junk and 15 Suboxone. I am going to try and use the wean method - 4 the 1st day, 3 the 2nd, 2 the 3rd, 1 the 4th, and then as-needed. I've never tried it before, so I guess we'll see if it works.

I am currently on day 1 of the detox. This is my, oh I'd say maybe 1000th time kicking opiates. Should just move to England where the Government will just GIVE you >>>>>> as if it were Methadone. Good luck to everyone. I'm gonna start haunting this board.)

Hi sigma.. I'm far from a youngun' intern. I've been addicted to opiates for over 40 years, first to >>>>>> than 30 years on methadone. Subutex can work. Not as a very short term drug (5 days) and not as a very long time drug. There's a taper plan here that lasts about 3 months that seems to help alot of people If youre interesting its on a sticky at Featured drugs: Suboxone/Subutex therapy.