Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 193
Suboxone
  1. #151
    Tiff28428 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I have been on sub for almost a year and it was the best thing i have ever done but it doesnt help for pain.

  2. #152
    mort55 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Suboxone - Endoscopy

    I have been taking 16mg of Suboxone for almost a year now. In 4 days, I have to have an endoscopy I know there are drug interactions with the seditive and anasthesia. Can anyone tell me ; If I stop taking the suboxone 24hours before, will I be okay for whatever drugs they use for the endoscopy?

  3. #153
    sydbean is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mort55 View Post
    I have been taking 16mg of Suboxone for almost a year now. In 4 days, I have to have an endoscopy I know there are drug interactions with the seditive and anasthesia. Can anyone tell me ; If I stop taking the suboxone 24hours before, will I be okay for whatever drugs they use for the endoscopy?
    Please do not trust an answer given here for something that serious. YOU MUST call the Dr. doing the endoscopy and ask them how to procede. Again, ONLY they will be able to advise you properly!!!
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5][COLOR=purple][B]~Syd[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple][B]"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints!"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

  4. #154
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    Yes Syd is right, you need to get ahold of the doctor......Dave

  5. #155
    pill nside is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I am currently taking ketaprophen,Lyrica and Oxycodone for a fibula break due to a car accident I have been on the oxy for about 1 ½ years and am certainly getting dependent. Does anyone know if it is possible to get suboxone with out screwing up your medical record and banning you from pain killers if you seriously need them again? Also not sure why the lyrica-from what I read it is for diabetes and don’t notice a difference in nerve pain. Only things that really works well is the keta. And the oxy-does the suboxone help the pain as a pain killer?
    Thanks,
    Pill nside

  6. #156
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    I'm in Canada but I do know from talking with people from America that there is no problem being prescribed suboxone.You will not be condemned for it.Your privacy is not an issue here.Good luck with the suboxone, it should do wonders for you as I know it's helping literally thousands of people recover from opiate addiction.Good luck....Dave

  7. #157
    pill nside is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default erk.

    What they don't tell you is that Meth or Suboxone does go on your record.. and if you are given Meth they refuse to give you any opiates after that. My real fear is pain from my accident and being penalized for wanting not to be dependent. Everyone has told me otherwise that it will effect my medical history and work relations from now on.


  8. #158
    lori/tab is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default hi pill layer

    I have been reading your conversation to poppyqueen. I know it is upsetting to hear that she doesn't believe in God, but addiction sometimes makes us question. I feel that you are being a litttle to hard on her, which will only drive her further away from God. I also do not attend meetings. I have three children, one is two today, and I find my mental support thru the internet. My doctor told me not to go to NA, as he thinks it is only a place to meet more addicts, so 4 weeks and 3 days into the sub, my only therapy is what I stumble across on the web. I know you want to help, but your anger shows thru your comments. She needs compasion from the believers, especially if this is her only therapy. And maybe thru that, She will find Him again.

  9. #159
    SeriousProblem is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi Guys, I have a question about suboxone and drug testing. I know subs dont show up as an opiate. but i have a 5-panel urine drug test for a new job on monday, and it is a complete full physical. i am on suboxone but not prescribed by a doctor, so i am wondering if the subs will show up in the drug test. or is it possible they will test further than the standard drug test? the paperwork only listed the 5-panel urine test, and i think that suboxone is a specific special test. should i be worried? i am not going to take anything until the test. just wondering if subs are so prevalent that companies are testing for that now.

    i used to have a >>>>>> and cr@ck problem but have been clean for 2 years with the help of suboxone. i dont want my new employer to even know about it, so will subs come up on this test? thanks a bunch.

  10. #160
    Jaxon6 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up For your question about suboxins.

    Quote Originally Posted by ginafl2 View Post
    I've been on Sub for about six weeks. I'm down to .5mg every day. Does anyone have advice on droppign from here. I have had absolutely no problems getting down to this point. The only withdrawls I have felt are a tiny bit of chills, RLS, and angry mood. Nothing compared to hydro's. I do fear I won't be able to quit though. I want to start having children so badly, but can't until I am off the sub. Any advice would really help me right now.
    I hope you can get this done soon so you could work on having your children. You should not let drugs stop you from having kids. I know quitting drugs is one of the hardest things to do!!! If you are on suboxins you are on the right road. Suboxins should not be addiction they have blockers. Once your TAB withdraws go away you should be abel to stop the suboxins with no problem. I hope you can do it. Having kids should be one of the wonders of the world. It is a beautiful experience. I have one son who is 6 and watching his birth was so beautiful it made me cry. GOOD LUCK. I have my own problems with drugs deal with and fast I have a court ordered drug test I have to do. I am going to quit to better my life. I just have to pas this test so I don't have to go to probation for a year or something like that. Again GOOD LUCK and I hope you can do it!!!!

  11. #161
    EnoughPercs is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    42

    Unhappy I had enough; Tell me about the Sub

    I quit 10/325 percs a while ago over 3 weeks & wasn't yet 100% even then.

    About 2-3 months ago, I had surgery & have been back on 10 of 10/325/ day.
    The withdrawl was HELL as you all know. I feel so focused & into my work on them & without them, I feel like I don't give a ******************** about work, or anything serious.

    I know I won't get high on Suboxone, but will the opoids in it give me the focus & chemicals I need to get right back to work? Should I take off the first 3-4 days, or not necessary.

    My plan was to start it in 1-2 weeks, but as usual, I feel terrible at the end of the day & am thinking about starting it Friday / Saturday over Labor Day weekend.

    Please advise any advice you can share; experiences welcome.
    EnoughPercs

    1st Clean Date: 3/26/07 - (Cold Turkey)
    2nd Clean Date: 9/1/07 - (Suboxone)

    ** Remember: Believing in a better you starts with believing in a higher purpose **

  12. #162
    JayJay33 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default The Suboxone Journey

    Hi.

    I recently had back surgery (about a month ago). I was taking 30mg of oxycodone 4 to 5 times a day for the pain....And I had been on all kinds of pain meds prior to surgery for the past year. I got to the point last week that I just was so ready to be done with pain meds. I'm so over it all....I know that I have become addicted to them, and I HATE it! I am lucky enough to know a doctor who is able to prescribe Suboxone. I started with the Suboxone just over a week ago, and so far it seems to be going well. I don't think I was into my oxycodone withdrawal "enough" so when I started taking the Suboxone, my withdrawal was intense, very intense for the first couple of days, but I made it through, and I am finally feeling "normal".

    I also had been taking Ativan 1/2 to 1 mg once a day (for muscle relaxing reasons, and help with panic brought on by the pain prior to surgery), and I stopped that suddenly upon beginning the suboxone. I had no idea that I would have developed a dependency to that too, but one afternoon I began feeling super dizzy, very shaky, blurred vision, and I felt as though I was going to pass out! I am a mom of two young children so I was really scared! I called my Doc, and he said that this sounded like benzo withdrawals, so he put me back on the Ativan to then start weaning off of slowly...Does anyone out there know anything about Benzos? Does this sound like withdrawal to you too? Will I have any problems with a slow wean off of this stuff? Thanks so much for the help!

    I am currently taking the 8-2mg 3 times a day, and I am going to be weaning down to the 8-2 2x a day and then 1/2 of those at bedtime starting Monday. If anyone has any experience with Suboxone weaning, I would love to hear it, please? I am finally pain free!!! And now I really just want to be med free, but I want to go about this as easily and with the fewest withdrawal symptoms as possible....Does it sound as though I am on the right track? If anyone could please chime in with any strength, experience and hope, I would appreciate it greatly!

    I am very happy I have found this post. This is my first time ever writing on one of these, but I am so happy to know that I am not alone. Thank you...Everyone! I appreciate your help and your kind words immensely! And all the best to you all!

  13. #163
    azel202 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've been on Suboxone for 8 months now and I'm still having sexual side effects. Its to the point where I don't even have sexual cravings. I'm thinking of switching to methadone cause my girlfriend is getting rather frustrated. Its funny because I don't even care about sex while on this drug, it doesn't even cross my mind, and I used to have quite an appetite. I think it would be healthy for me (and my relationship) to try something else without this side effect. What do you all think about methadone in comparison?

    ~AZEL

  14. #164
    alonenomore is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hello I am wondering how EnoughPercs isdoing? I see a 9/1 clean de. Just wondering. I plan to call a doc this morning for info and an appointment. I am scared as I will be trusting this doc and his office staff with my secret. I will try to keep u all posted. Thanks for this site and the information previously given!!!

  15. #165
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default libido problems

    Hi Azel202: All opiates can cause this problem with some being worse then othersd.Methadone is one of the strongest opiates and most guys on it have libido problems.
    What you really need to due is have your doctor check your bio-available testosterone level.I would bet that you're low as most opiate kick the h ell out of testosterone levels.Once they confirm the low levels they can give you TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) and in no time you will be back to your old self.Good luck.....Dave


    Hey Alonenomore: I haven't heard from EnoughPercs either.Hopefully he'llcheck in soon....Dave

  16. #166
    EnoughPercs is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    42

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Hi Azel202: All opiates can cause this problem with some being worse then othersd.Methadone is one of the strongest opiates and most guys on it have libido problems.
    What you really need to due is have your doctor check your bio-available testosterone level.I would bet that you're low as most opiate kick the h ell out of testosterone levels.Once they confirm the low levels they can give you TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) and in no time you will be back to your old self.Good luck.....Dave


    Hey Alonenomore: I haven't heard from EnoughPercs either.Hopefully he'llcheck in soon....Dave
    Hey Dave;

    Thanks for thinking of me.

    To date, I'm mostly clean. Mostly means taking Suboxone daily. It's good stuff. I feel like it gives me what I need, but no high to all those thinking about the switch.

    Switching to Suboxone is a great move for your future, but not a good search for euphoria.

    I definately found it easier quiting with sub; I barely saw any withdrawl & felt GREAT 40 minutes after my worst withdrawl started & I took my first dose.

    Basically, I was with my fiance several weeks ago on a Saturday night when I was about 18 hours percocet free & needed to wait to the morning to take the sub (I wanted to wait a full 25 hours before my first dose. Fact is: The more pain you're in when you take your first dose, the better it feels & is).
    The next morning, I was a wreck. I woke up many times during the night but finally woke with her at 9 AM.

    I COULDN'T MOVE A MUSCLE IN MY BODY!

    By 11:15, I took my first half pill (4 mg) & by 12 PM, we were eating Brunch at a fancy resturaunt in the park. What a trip!

    BEAT THAT! LOL

    Anyways, I'm several weeks on & keeping strong. Another great thing about it is that you can't screw up! What I mean by that is that if you fall into your desire to slip up & eat a perc or whatever, you won't feel it! I tried it once for the fun of it. Seriously, didn't even feel like a Tylenol! This is b/c of the Nalaxone in it.

    It's a perfect system.

    Anyways, I gotta hit the sack. It's 3 AM & I got work in 5 hours.

    Have a good night everyone; I'll check in again as soon as I can.

    I leave you all with my best wishes & prayers.

    Remember: You CAN Do it. It's your head that says you can't!
    I just hope that there's no long term possible issues, being that it's a new drug & all.
    EnoughPercs

    1st Clean Date: 3/26/07 - (Cold Turkey)
    2nd Clean Date: 9/1/07 - (Suboxone)

    ** Remember: Believing in a better you starts with believing in a higher purpose **

  17. #167
    mpvt is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    That's great news and I'm so happy and proud for you.You are clean, remember that when you're actively addicted your abusing opiates and living the lifestyle of an addict.The suboxone is a opiate antagonist and you are not abusing it so your not high and therefore you're not living the addicts lifestyle.In my books that's clean living.Good for you!!!Give yourself time on the suboxone to heal as your brain has to go through alot of physical and chemical changes.So don't be getting on yourself for taking this med,look at what it's doing for you.....Dave

  18. #168
    Survivor23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I just spent about the last hour reading over the last 6 pages to this thread, and I noticed it started all the way back in 2005 - so I was wondering, if anyone who was writing then is still around or still writes ...and if so..how did everyone do getting off the suboxone, and so on...was it hard?? Was there severe withdrawl symptoms, anything I can do to help myself when its my time to get off of it..
    I am on a two week program, but from reading the posts it seems like my doctor started me out on a very high dosage..I'm taking 8mg in the morning and another 8 mg before I go to sleep - but today I am calling him to see what my next dosage is going to be for the next couple of days...
    Like I said I've read everything, but if anyone has any additional advice for me I'd appreciate it. Thank you

  19. #169
    alonenomore is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi everybody, have not been on this thread in a while. Well i start the Subs on Tuesday, but i am confused about how long i should be off the opiates before starting. The docs office said take my last opiate at around 3 on sunday. But i am afraid that my Monday nite i will be in full blown WD and i dont want my daughter to see that, hell i dont want anyone to see me like that. Would it be okay if i take like two pills on Monday just to ease the pain of W/D? I am currently taking 6-8 oxys a day. Thanks guys and everyone hang in there.

  20. #170
    Survivor23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alonenomore View Post
    Hi everybody, have not been on this thread in a while. Well i start the Subs on Tuesday, but i am confused about how long i should be off the opiates before starting. The docs office said take my last opiate at around 3 on sunday. But i am afraid that my Monday nite i will be in full blown WD and i dont want my daughter to see that, hell i dont want anyone to see me like that. Would it be okay if i take like two pills on Monday just to ease the pain of W/D? I am currently taking 6-8 oxys a day. Thanks guys and everyone hang in there.
    I started sub on a monday also, I took a few pills on monday because like you i had the same feear, but when I got to the doctors office I was not in withdrawl, so he went over everything with me and then when it got down to the time to take the pill he looked at me and said he would do more harm than good to give it to me right then, he told me to go home and come back when im feeling really bad, so I left -- dropped offf the percrition first so it would be ready and came back a few hours later when I was just is the begining stages of WD, kuz I ama huge baby when it comes to that. So then I just took it in front of him and he left the room and came and checked on me here and there....then after about 40 mins he gave me something for sleep and let me go
    So depending on how relaxed your doctors office is, I wouldnt suggest taking 2 on monday...I would just take what you need to keep you out of full blown WD....like maybe 1 first thing in the morning and try to keep yourself busy not to think about it the rest of the day...because im not too sure but dont oxys stay active for 24 hours or something??
    my advice would be take the smallest amount possible because turst me after ur first sub pill you're going to feel like million bux about 20 mins later, just not high

  21. #171
    Junkie781 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alonenomore View Post
    Hi everybody, have not been on this thread in a while. Well i start the Subs on Tuesday, but i am confused about how long i should be off the opiates before starting. The docs office said take my last opiate at around 3 on sunday. But i am afraid that my Monday nite i will be in full blown WD and i dont want my daughter to see that, hell i dont want anyone to see me like that. Would it be okay if i take like two pills on Monday just to ease the pain of W/D? I am currently taking 6-8 oxys a day. Thanks guys and everyone hang in there.
    Just wanted to offer you some encouragement. I somehow managed to kick a very similar amount of oxys cold turkey two weeks and one day ago, so I know what you're going through, although I didn't opt for Opiate Replacement Therapy like you are.....hey, we all do what we've gotta do, right? If this will get you off the opiates, then it's a good idea....best of luck, I'll be sending positive vibes your way!

  22. #172
    diggnrichmond is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    38

    Default Detox

    Been on Sub for almost a year and I will tell ya it takes more than just the pills to make you opiate free.

    Sub will do for withdrawals what pain pills do for pain mask it

    You are going to have to stay away from opiate sources, also.

    If you don't you may set yourself up for trouble.

    Now don't get me wrong, what I am saying may or may not apply to everyone here but those of you out there that understand where I am coming from must see that old friends, siblings and or significant others still on opiates can truly have a negative impact on your long term goal to be opiate free.

    Bottom line is that suboxone is clearly the legal way to start and it can be a clear cut way to dump the habit but you need to be open and honest about everything.

    Is your pain truly disabilitating or are you letting the opiate junkie speak out.

    For those of you just starting on the sub journey

    Are you looking to go the distance and kick the habit or are you clearly letting Mr. and Mrs.Opiate get you in to something that you may never recover from and will be an expense that you must endure forever?

    The sub docs will do what it takes to make the patient comfortable and they will allow you to detox at your pace and they can and will take your money until the day you die.

    I say to you this, as with anything the longer you go the harder it will become and the longer it will take to be set free.

    I have found that the human mind can and will become ritualized as well as addicted.

    Please understand that I have been fighting this demon for a long time and I may not say exactly what you need to hear but I have fought and I am still fighting everyday to be off everything.

    I hope that you all can get at what I am saying.

    I wish, to all of you the hope, prayer, and strength to go the distance. God bless
    Dig

  23. #173
    BTLizzle is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default RE:Baby Steps

    Hey, I Have been on sub for almost a year, and most of these other people dont know what they are talking about. I had a year long 160mg OC habit and 4 8mg/2mg subs a day has kept me clean, and both physically and free mentally free of withdrawl. These other people are what we call "Jumpers" were where they only take sub when they are broke or only take a tiny bit cause so they can get high another time. Or they could be taking the incorrect amount. Suboxone, in the medical community is, is considered the closest thing to a cure for opiate addiction. Suboxone, after long term use, starts removing all the extra opiate receptors your habit created. It is a 10 day taper period that has no withdrawl if done proper.

    Hit me back,
    BTL

  24. #174
    diggnrichmond is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    38

    Smile RE Bt liz

    Quote Originally Posted by BTLizzle View Post
    Hey, I Have been on sub for almost a year, and most of these other people dont know what they are talking about. I had a year long 160mg OC habit and 4 8mg/2mg subs a day has kept me clean, and both physically and free mentally free of withdrawl. These other people are what we call "Jumpers" were where they only take sub when they are broke or only take a tiny bit cause so they can get high another time. Or they could be taking the incorrect amount. Suboxone, in the medical community is, is considered the closest thing to a cure for opiate addiction. Suboxone, after long term use, starts removing all the extra opiate receptors your habit created. It is a 10 day taper period that has no withdrawl if done proper.

    Hit me back,
    BTL
    Let me start by saying that I Love all of you and I dont want to argue with anyone at all.

    As I said in my post before What I say may not apply to everyone. and to let you know I have been of Oxycodone, hydrocodone since dec 2006 and I am not the jumper and I would hope that you would not assume that is what I am.

    There are however some confusing statements in your post.

    Are you saying that you could go from 32mg of suboxone to 0 in 10 days with out experiencing any w/d symptoms? (if that is what you are getting at)
    Im not to sure, but I feel pretty confident in saying that most sub doc's would be cautious to agree with that theory.

    Please clarify for me and remember I always admit when I am wrong, becasue I want to go the quickest route to get myself free and I dont know if I am speaking of everyone elso but I think tha majority of people that begin sub is to get free of the control of an uncontrolloble substance.

    Love ya all
    Dig

  25. #175
    diggnrichmond is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrish1 View Post
    I hear a lot about Suboxone on these boards, and it seems to be a great way to kick the physical addiction of opiates. However, most of the posts are from people who are still on Suboxone. The long term success rate of those using Suboxone to get off opiates (and staying off) is nearly zero. Even the manufacturer's reps for Suboxone will disclose this. So, if you are using Suboxone to get off opiates, great... but make sure you are doing some other kind of counseling whether it is one on one, NA, or Outpatient, otherwise there is a 99.9% chance that you will relapse within a year or 2 off Suboxone. The mental addiction has mysterious ways off creeping back into your life if you are not vigilant. Seek help for the metal side of the addiction also, otherwise it may end up being a waste of your time. Good luck, God bless. Chrish.
    I agree 100% its a good start but just not the whole answer for those of us trying to kick it. The mind has a way of ritualize in addition to being addicted. The ritual must also be replaced by something other than use.
    Last edited by diggnrichmond; 10-20-2007 at 09:42 PM.
    Dig

  26. #176
    Survivor23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default Need some advice

    Okay, I definatly need some advice.
    I am on suboxone, for the first week I was on 16 Mg, today I went to the doctor and now for the next 3 days I am going to be on 12 mgs a day and for 4 days I will be on 8 Mg at the end of that time period I will be done taking suboxone and completly off of it. So after reading everyones post about 'wanting to die' and 'worst withdrawls of my life' I got very scared and talked to my doctor about the whole thing. He says that there will be SOME withdrawl and it wont just be a walk in the park, but he says they will be
    1/10th of the withdrawl that I would feel from vicoden ...
    So I also let him know that when I get ready to go to sleep at night that all of a sudden my legs will start going crazy on me. So he said that could be one of three things..RLS..wound up anxiety..or pretty much a withdrawl symptom from the vicoden. So he put me on 2000 mgs of magnisum a day and told me to exercise before bed, and we'll see how that works out for me, and if it doesnt work he'll percribe me a muscle relaxer.
    I am also on seriquil to go to sleep 25mg

    So my question is: Are the WD from suboxone going to be really THAT bad or is it something that I'll be able to function through - Because I'm done on the 29th..and of course I need to take my son trick or treating on halloween..

    And - What should I get to prepare myself for it..basically medicine that will help me feel better ... How long is the WD feeling going to last??

    I will only be on the suboxone for 2 weeks at the point that I stop taking it.


    So give me ANY and ALL advice that you can!!

    Thanks a lot!

  27. #177
    outdrlvr is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor23 View Post
    So I also let him know that when I get ready to go to sleep at night that all of a sudden my legs will start going crazy on me. Thanks a lot!

    Its from the withdrawal, unless you suffer from RLS (you'd know already though). I've gone through it too. It's awful. Even Benzo's wouldn't help me sleep through it.

    Check out the "Thomas Recipe", thats where I got my ideas...

    Ive been taking magnesium, pottassium, and l-tyrosene, in megadoses. Helps big time with the RLS, that for me not only exists in the legs but my arms can get that 'charged' feeling too.
    Melatonin I find helps me sleep at night - I quit cold turkey, decided I dont want more prescription drugs, cos I have to face the inevitable. Life without them, but hey that's a good thing... just getting there is the hard part.
    Im on Day 5 now.. phew!

  28. #178
    diggnrichmond is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor23 View Post
    Okay, I definatly need some advice.
    I am on suboxone, for the first week I was on 16 Mg, today I went to the doctor and now for the next 3 days I am going to be on 12 mgs a day and for 4 days I will be on 8 Mg at the end of that time period I will be done taking suboxone and completly off of it. So after reading everyones post about 'wanting to die' and 'worst withdrawls of my life' I got very scared and talked to my doctor about the whole thing. He says that there will be SOME withdrawl and it wont just be a walk in the park, but he says they will be
    1/10th of the withdrawl that I would feel from vicoden ...
    So I also let him know that when I get ready to go to sleep at night that all of a sudden my legs will start going crazy on me. So he said that could be one of three things..RLS..wound up anxiety..or pretty much a withdrawl symptom from the vicoden. So he put me on 2000 mgs of magnisum a day and told me to exercise before bed, and we'll see how that works out for me, and if it doesnt work he'll percribe me a muscle relaxer.
    I am also on seriquil to go to sleep 25mg

    So my question is: Are the WD from suboxone going to be really THAT bad or is it something that I'll be able to function through - Because I'm done on the 29th..and of course I need to take my son trick or treating on halloween..

    And - What should I get to prepare myself for it..basically medicine that will help me feel better ... How long is the WD feeling going to last??

    I will only be on the suboxone for 2 weeks at the point that I stop taking it.


    So give me ANY and ALL advice that you can!!

    Thanks a lot!
    If you are worried about it tell him you want to go from eight to four to two and then withdraw. Do that weekkly and for God sakes if you get the urge let them know my doc has a 24 hour line. They are very understanding. Hang in there and the best of luck to you.
    Dig

  29. #179
    addictedtoner is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default hopeless

    hello... i thank you for your forum.. i have read almost all of them. My name is denise, i am 29. I have been an opiod addict for about 5 years. When i took my first opiod i felt like i was in heaven. And ever since i have been trying to chase that feeling i guess but it turned into my personal hell. I am an addict i know that much. I have been on suboxone for about 3 months and i want to get off of it. I was doing >>>>>> and oxycontin... basically whatever i can get my hands on. I started out doing oxycontins and then doing >>>>>> to keep me from getting sick... Then i didn't even care about the oxycontins all i wanted was >>>>>>. I am also an alcoholic and i guess my addictions have just become a part of my life... actually they have become everything that i am.. i just try to hide them. I want my life back!!! I don't know where to start or how to get off of everything but... ******************** i need a hug.. I just read all these ideas on how to get off of this.. I thought i was doing good but it seems that suboxone is only a band-aid putting off the enevitable.. getting sick.. I have been using on suboxone.. i have a constant war inside myself of maybe if i do this rox, oxy, dope, perc.. i will feel that feeling and i do it.. I don't get high but i still do it..I don't think i will ever get better.. and on top of it i am on 300 mg of neurontin 3 times a day.. which is a wonder drug .. But i am so scared to come off of everything.. Who will i be.. after what i have done!! Getting sick scares me because i am finally doing something with my life... its like what do you do when you take the band aid off and everything is all fixed and then.. there you are .. sick .. addicted to something.. what the ******************** do you do..

  30. #180
    addictedtoner is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default what the ********************

    Quote Originally Posted by diggnrichmond View Post
    Been on Sub for almost a year and I will tell ya it takes more than just the pills to make you opiate free.

    Sub will do for withdrawals what pain pills do for pain mask it

    You are going to have to stay away from opiate sources, also.

    If you don't you may set yourself up for trouble.

    Now don't get me wrong, what I am saying may or may not apply to everyone here but those of you out there that understand where I am coming from must see that old friends, siblings and or significant others still on opiates can truly have a negative impact on your long term goal to be opiate free.

    Bottom line is that suboxone is clearly the legal way to start and it can be a clear cut way to dump the habit but you need to be open and honest about everything.

    Is your pain truly disabilitating or are you letting the opiate junkie speak out.

    For those of you just starting on the sub journey

    Are you looking to go the distance and kick the habit or are you clearly letting Mr. and Mrs.Opiate get you in to something that you may never recover from and will be an expense that you must endure forever?

    The sub docs will do what it takes to make the patient comfortable and they will allow you to detox at your pace and they can and will take your money until the day you die.

    I say to you this, as with anything the longer you go the harder it will become and the longer it will take to be set free.

    I have found that the human mind can and will become ritualized as well as addicted.

    Please understand that I have been fighting this demon for a long time and I may not say exactly what you need to hear but I have fought and I am still fighting everyday to be off everything.

    I hope that you all can get at what I am saying.

    I wish, to all of you the hope, prayer, and strength to go the distance. God bless
    than tell me what you are doing... aa... na.. is that the ********************ing answer HOW DO I FIX MY BRAIN!! other people that have been there what!! How can i live a normal life without getting in my own way.. because i cannot seem to get out of it. im just short of jail.. im 29 and all i want is to get get ********************ed up .. give me some answers.. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22