Suboxin??
    alisonjane is offline New Member

Default Suboxin??

My boyfriend and I bought some suboxin on the street. We are serious about getting clean now, but can't afford treatment. Just wondering how long we should take the suboxin, when is it safe to stop??? We are desperate not to start using again, so any advice at all helps. We have no health insurance so we're just trying to do this as best we can. Thanks[8)]

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Three weeks is a good time to stop suboxone.Take your first week to stabilize then the next two weeks detoxing.Good luck and I wish you two the best.....Dave

alisonjane is offline New Member

What exactly happens during the detox process? I thought that started earlier after stopping the pill use, but it's only been a few days since I've stopped. I feel fine with the use of the suboxin, but they are costing us a lot of money and I don't know if we can afford more than just this week. Will that be okay????
    I also can't sleep and my stomach has been really upset. I threw up twice today, (which is something I am used to from extensive OC use,) but is this a normal reaction to the suboxin, or does it have to do with withdrawls? Thanks for any advice in advance.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Your reactions are all normal with suboxone use.When you go on suboxone it gives your receptors in your brain a chance to heal so to speak.Even a weeks worth of suboxone will help.Your not feeling any cravings or withdrawl because the suboxone is covering all of the mu receptors and all the other receptors that are effected by opiates.Once you stop taking the suboxone you could start to have mild to moderate withdrawls within 3 days.Try it for a week then go off the suboxone and see how you are.The suboxone works best when it isn't used for more than 3 weeks or so I have read..Good luck...Dave

liljpsmommy is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by alisonjane View Post
    My boyfriend and I bought some suboxin on the street. We are serious about getting clean now, but can't afford treatment. Just wondering how long we should take the suboxin, when is it safe to stop??? We are desperate not to start using again, so any advice at all helps. We have no health insurance so we're just trying to do this as best we can. Thanks[8)]
    Hi am also someone who has gotten soboxen off the street and i got 7 pills the 8 mg i took 1 1/2 the first day 1 the second third and forth then 1/2in the moning and that night the fith day only 1/2 the last day and i went through my sickness if you can get more great take them but were im from there are far and few and 15$ a pill. i think its great your tryin and i prey that it works for use.

python134r is offline Member

This is what works for me:
    day1 8mg
    day2 4mg
    day3 4mg
    day4 2mg
    day5 2mg
    day6 1mg
    day7 1mg
    day8-nothing

this can be tailored to your habit, inpatient does it with subutex, ya can do it with suboxone too