Still hanging in there, no pain killers
    misspolly is offline New Member

Smile Still hanging in there, no pain killers

Whew.. no Hydrocodone for 9 days. It hasn't been fun but I am feeling better everyday. I have had some real rough spots but stayed away. I did take a small dose ( 1/2 of .25) of Xanax for five days for the awful anxiety that I had. I have never had panic attacks but wow there were a few times I just panicked. I had the Xanax sitting in my bathroom for over a year and never used it. It was a useful "crutch" and it did help me.
    I just wanted to give hope to someone else that may be going through withdrawl's.
    I feel so much better not worrying about those pills!!! It is worth it.
    I used to lie to myselfand tell myself I wasn't addicted. But after having gone thru this last week and all the lying and stealing.. I KNOW I am an addict (now former addict). It feels good to confess it.
    Thanks everyone!!

Stellabelle is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by misspolly View Post
    Whew.. no Hydrocodone for 9 days. It hasn't been fun but I am feeling better everyday. I have had some real rough spots but stayed away. I did take a small dose ( 1/2 of .25) of Xanax for five days for the awful anxiety that I had. I have never had panic attacks but wow there were a few times I just panicked. I had the Xanax sitting in my bathroom for over a year and never used it. It was a useful "crutch" and it did help me.
    I just wanted to give hope to someone else that may be going through withdrawl's.
    I used to lie to myselfand tell myself I wasn't addicted. But after having gone thru this last week and all the lying and stealing.. I KNOW I am an addict (now former addict). It feels good to confess it.
    Thanks everyone!!
    I am right with you MissPolly, this is my ninth day also. It was a relatively good day, after a terrible night. It just floors me how you can start to feel human and then the devil visits and things just start all over again. I have gone cold turkey also. I am now really starting to get the anxiety. Hot showers and this forum are helping. You keep up the good work. I will be rooting for you. You can do, I can do it. Here's to day 10.

Doohboy24 is offline Junior Member

Congrat's to you both! I am behind you both by a few days. Today was a really good day. No RLS. The amazing thing is I don't have the pain I was using hydro's and fentanyl for now. I don't feel great, but do feel better today. A little something I learned today is that when I was cramping and spasming I wrapped up in an electric blanket and it helped relax my entire body. I have been w/o pills now a week and the patch for 5now days. Hopefully I think the worst part is over. Good luck and God Bless you both.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by misspolly View Post
    Thanks everyone!!
    Polly .... you're doing just great! A real positive attitude goes a long way dealing with addiction. Congrats on being clean for 9 solid days. Lets get to 2 weeks then 1 month and continue on until you no longer even think about drugs.

I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. The newcomers to the forum need to see your victory. It gives them all some hope and evidence that it really can be done. Way to go! God Bless.....Denny