Single Dose of Suboxone for withdrawal
    recycled is offline New Member

Default Single Dose of Suboxone for withdrawal

First off hello. I am new here as a poster but a long time reader. Read a lot of Robert_325's advice on Suboxone. I have been battling my opiate addiction since 07 now. For the last 5 months I have been on Methadone (about 2 weeks out of the month) that is prescribed as a take home. I am prescribed 40mg a day but to get high I take about 80 and I run out and then spend all of my money on roxicodone. It is a cycle I am looking to escape. I have been without Methadone for about a week and a ha;f and have been on oxy and hydro. I have some suboxone.

I have no desire to do a suboxone maintanance to just go through withdrawal whenever I come off and reading peoples experience with Sub withdrawal it seems like it goes on forever. Kinda replacing one addiction for another IMHO.

I am employed. Just got an apartment and a car. I will lose everything if I go inpatient. I been researching like crazy and found Robert's veiw on a 2 week or so taper.

Then I found this:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...gdbfrom=pubmed

It was a study where they used one high dose of suboxone to treat >>>>>> addicts. As you can see from the results it was successful.

Makes sense considering the long half life of bupe. It is like a front load and then a natural taper the body does on it's own.

Opinions, experieinces?
    Last edited by recycled; 12-28-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I don't recommend doing sub tapers in less time than about 8 weeks for someone with your history. I'm not judging you, I've done worse than you. But you'll just relapse, it's almost a guarantee.

I said specifically that the two week rapid taper was for someone NOT at risk for relapse, such as someone with a long clean history followed by a surgery for example and a few weeks of taking RX opiates. You are not a candidate for that type of detox. We would be spinning our wheels wasting each other's time.

You would still have to be inducted properly on the subs and with your methadone history we wouldn't be successful doing the subs over a two week or shorter period. I know what I'm talking about, that's why I don't advocate doing that type of taper except in rare specific instances.

I have no experience with the 32mg dose of sub followed by naltrexone in 50mg doses. Doesn't sound logical to me based on my experience with naltrexone use. My experience with using naltrexone is to use it following sub tapers of six weeks (or so) and then with 2-5mg naltrexone doses to help with endorphine production.

I'm not trying to put you off, I just don't think my rapid two week taper is best for you and I am not knowledgeable about the other process. If you want to do a proper induction and commit to using subs for a couple months where you have a reasonable chance of getting and staying clean I'll help. And it isn't swapping one drug for another when you do it right. People with suboxone horror stories didn't use it properly. Let me know what you think. Here is a link how I suggest using the subs. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

An honest opinion isn't taken personal believe me. I got a serious problem. It is like opiates have robbed me of being happy. I withdrew cold turkey and was clean for a few months in the last 3 years. Problem was, like most addicts I guess, is I had to have one more time, and we all know how that ends.

My fear of doing long term sub is I am delaying the inevitable. Withdrawaling and not being able to function. I got a job back I lost to my addiction after getting clean. I don't know how well they would take me needing to take off to detox off subs.

I am hoping to find a way to withdrawal as painless as possible. I know from prior experience sub can help this. I've used it for 6 days tapering quickly to get down to a very managable discomfort vs. the hell of full blown withdrawal. I am thinking detox as I just described, get in mettings, work the program and stay clean. I know this is a hard sell on yourself and most people reading this.

Problem is even if that worked, I do not know if it is my brain chemistry now or habit or what but I lost the ability to feel happy without the opiates.

I might even consider the longer term bupe but how do I reset my brain function? I am afraid saturating my receptors with these long term opiates like bupe and methadone, make it worse than the shorter acting ones. I've managed to get about a week and a half in between me and methadone. I did it with short acting opiates. I may not even withdrawal now, I do not know. I just want to get out of this mess once and for all.

Might sound like I am babbling but this is the most honest I been about this problem in 3 years and it is all just spilling out.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by recycled View Post
    An honest opinion isn't taken personal believe me. I got a serious problem. It is like opiates have robbed me of being happy. I withdrew cold turkey and was clean for a few months in the last 3 years. Problem was, like most addicts I guess, is I had to have one more time, and we all know how that ends.

My fear of doing long term sub is I am delaying the inevitable. Withdrawaling and not being able to function. I got a job back I lost to my addiction after getting clean. I don't know how well they would take me needing to take off to detox off subs.

I am hoping to find a way to withdrawal as painless as possible. I know from prior experience sub can help this. I've used it for 6 days tapering quickly to get down to a very managable discomfort vs. the hell of full blown withdrawal. I am thinking detox as I just described, get in mettings, work the program and stay clean. I know this is a hard sell on yourself and most people reading this.

Problem is even if that worked, I do not know if it is my brain chemistry now or habit or what but I lost the ability to feel happy without the opiates.

I might even consider the longer term bupe but how do I reset my brain function? I am afraid saturating my receptors with these long term opiates like bupe and methadone, make it worse than the shorter acting ones. I've managed to get about a week and a half in between me and methadone. I did it with short acting opiates. I may not even withdrawal now, I do not know. I just want to get out of this mess once and for all.

Might sound like I am babbling but this is the most honest I been about this problem in 3 years and it is all just spilling out.

Listen to me! There is NO time off work to detox from using subs if you use them properly. If you allow me to induct you and then you do exactly what I tell you to do you'll end up clean in two months and it won't be ANYTHING that you have any problems with. That is a promise.

I don't care about any stories you've heard, read about, or whatever. Ask around the forum about what I'm saying, read the other threads where I've worked with people. You do what I ask you to do and you'll never miss a single day of work and you won't be sick a single day. That is a guarantee. And you'll end up clean doing it right, without risking relapse.

I know what I'm talking about. I just need your commitment to following instructions and being naive a little bit, enough to go along with me. Do that and you'll be clean incident-free in two months. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I want my life back. Next Sunday I can get a hold of 30 suboxone and 30 every month after that. Please help me. I been following your advice to people and will follow your direction. I want my life back.

I read the sticky. I am cool on the induction. I am actually off the methadone and am using short term opiates for a smoother transistion. I have enough to last till Sunday. I can handle the induction. I am also clear on the taper too. Only thing I am not clear on is the jump off. Do not see info for that.

Calirider84 is offline New Member

I have taken 1 large dose of suboxone at 24 hours into withdrawal to help ease it. I have been on all types of opiates for 7 years from pills to now h the last 2 and I have done my share of cold turkeys and know how bad it is. This time I was done with the opiate demon and I said enough is enough. At 24 hours from my last smoking of h I took a total of 12 mg of suboxone to help with the pain of ct. I took 2 mg every hour for 2 hous then took the other half 4 mg. a hour later still no relief so I took another 4mg for a total of 12mg and that is all I was going to take for the whole withdrawal. My thinking because of the long half life of sub I could make it day 4 no problem. I only took enough to feel somewhat ok, and at least be able to handle my symptoms. I did this as I did not want to get my body used to suboxone and have to withdrawal from that. So here I am at the end of day 4 and have only had mild aches and going to the toilet with low energy but that is it and the are really mild. Way better than ct I can tell you that. There is much on the Internet about this method so I wanted to share. It does work a couple more hours to day 5 and it was not bad at all. 1 large dose of suboxone does work so far ! I will check in let you know how it goes .