Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Seroquel withdrawal
    cbh1964 is offline New Member

Default Seroquel withdrawal

i've been on seroquel for about 2 years. my psych prescribed it for bi-polar but it made me sleepy, so he told me to take it at night for a sleep pill. I've been on 50 mg for every night for that two years. now i really want to get off it. the times i have missed a dose, i have been completely unable to sleep and then the next day have had the most amazing case of the all over itchies - but mostly in my feet.

i have been tapering off this time. i cut the 50's in half and then the now 25's in half. last night was my first time trying to sleep without any and i fell asleep around 5 this morning. i'm not working right now so that is ok, sort of, but the real, nasty problem is the itchies.

does anyone have any experience with this? my doctor is in another state, we moved, and i haven't connected with anyone new yet, but i have always been bothered by the 'addictiveness' of this drug.

thanks for any help you can give me.

cbh1964

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You're doing it right by weaning down the way you are.You may find that you need to dose every other night and then every 3rd.Once you get to that point you should be able to stop.Good luck and be patient and let your body get used to the changes....Dave

Reality bites is offline New Member

Default What now?

Hi there!
    The question I have for you is what are you taking for your B.P now? Do you have a shrink yet? Are you noticing any changes apart from the itchiness? Im worried you could relapse and not have the medical support you need. I have found from personal experience that it is better to find a shrink when you are in a strong mental state. It's easier to pick the most capable for you, rather then being stuck with what you get in a weakened state of mind, you'll be desperate and settle. Search out a decent doctor that knows you before a relapse and can recongnise you for who you are not what you seem to become when you have a bad day.Good luck and I admire you for your courage keep up your strength and determination!!

JJkeegan86 is offline New Member

Ive was on seroquell for about 9 or 10 months , i used to take 300mg at bedtime, but it never made me sleepy at all unfortunatly. but i didnt go through any significant withdrawl symptoms.

cheric2204 is offline New Member

Default Tapering off Seroquel

I've been taking seroquel since 2001. Highest dose was 300mg at night. While I have obsessive compulsive disorder, I think this drug was mainly for sleep as sleep has always been a problem for me. I also take celexa but am switching that to lexapro. I am down to 50mg of seroquel at bedtime and sometimes I have trouble sleeping. I want to get off of it alltogether and last night took 25mg. That's as small as I can cut the pill since I am starting with a 200mg pill. I am always tired and gained alot of weight. If I can stay at 25mg for a few weeks and do ok, I'm going to stop. I have gone back and forth with the dosage. If I have high anxiety and can't sleep, I'll take more. When I feel better I drop the dosage down. My doctor seems to want me to take this forever and I feel differently. I've never had the itch that you describe but maybe slow down your tapering schedule.

sammyb88 is offline New Member

I took seroquel for a long time. It stopped being effective for me. I don't recall being itchy at all but I remember having a "knocked out" feeling when I took my night dose. I was one 300 am 600 pm.

Jamie Zadrozny is offline New Member

Smile Seroquel

Hi there. I took Seroquel for about 1 year, a few years back. The withdrawal you are experiencing I experienced as well. I took it for insomnia and a few "'psychotic episodes" (I took Zoloft when I was younger and was prescribed too much so it imbalanced my serotonin levels.) At that time in my life my diagnosis as major depression disorder. I was on many different milligrams at different times of the day. At one point it was 100mg in the morning and 300mg at night. I decided one day I was sick of taking medication so I abruptly stopped taking celexa 25mg and seroquel 300mg. And I remember my ENTIRE body constantly being itchy, it was so uncomfortable. I would put baby powder over my entire body basically and it helped soothe the itching. So I know exactly what you are going through. My method for getting off the medication was obviously very dangerous. I hope you and your doctor are weening you off of it.

Goodluck
    -Jamie

ajw81 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Zadrozny View Post
    Hi there. I took Seroquel for about 1 year, a few years back. The withdrawal you are experiencing I experienced as well. I took it for insomnia and a few "'psychotic episodes" (I took Zoloft when I was younger and was prescribed too much so it imbalanced my serotonin levels.) At that time in my life my diagnosis as major depression disorder. I was on many different milligrams at different times of the day. At one point it was 100mg in the morning and 300mg at night. I decided one day I was sick of taking medication so I abruptly stopped taking celexa 25mg and seroquel 300mg. And I remember my ENTIRE body constantly being itchy, it was so uncomfortable. I would put baby powder over my entire body basically and it helped soothe the itching. So I know exactly what you are going through. My method for getting off the medication was obviously very dangerous. I hope you and your doctor are weening you off of it.

Goodluck
    -Jamie
    How long did your side effects last? I have been on 450 for several years and have been cutting down for a while. The last two nights I have not been taking any. So far my main problems are not sleeping but a couple hours, itching and dizziness at times. Had a little problem with speech today but that was why riding in a car which really causes me to get dizzy and nausea

Thanks.

carolyn222 is offline New Member

Question Withdrawal Duration

Quote Originally Posted by ajw81 View Post
    How long did your side effects last? I have been on 450 for several years and have been cutting down for a while. The last two nights I have not been taking any. So far my main problems are not sleeping but a couple hours, itching and dizziness at times. Had a little problem with speech today but that was why riding in a car which really causes me to get dizzy and nausea

Thanks.
    I am curious too. I am in my third week of w/d experiencing insomnia, primal physical fear and agitation, depersonalization, anxiety and panic, both night and day. This is worse than when I first went on Seroquel, about a year ago or less. I should have researched it then, but I was desperate for sleep. Now I am back where I started only worse. What I want to know is: how long will this nightmare continue?

I am currently taking Xanax, Zoloft and Lunesta, along with Atenolol (beta-blocker), Diovan (angiotensin II inhibitor for high blood pressure), and a mild muscle relaxer. I see my doctor next week, and I will be begging her for diazepam before this is over.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn222 View Post
    I am curious too. I am in my third week of w/d experiencing insomnia, primal physical fear and agitation, depersonalization, anxiety and panic, both night and day. This is worse than when I first went on Seroquel, about a year ago or less. I should have researched it then, but I was desperate for sleep. Now I am back where I started only worse. What I want to know is: how long will this nightmare continue?

I am currently taking Xanax, Zoloft and Lunesta, along with Atenolol (beta-blocker), Diovan (angiotensin II inhibitor for high blood pressure), and a mild muscle relaxer. I see my doctor next week, and I will be begging her for diazepam before this is over.
    ON a slue of very addictive drugs....might want to look up all of these.. Well atenolol and diovan is prob a must.. the rest? But all a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    ON a slue of very addictive drugs....might want to look up all of these.. Well atenolol and diovan is prob a must.. the rest? But all a personal choice.
    Dear sisterwin2:

Thanks for the quick response. You bet. I am thinking of kicking Lunesta to the curb, along w/ Zoloft. No more messing w/ my brain chemistry. The initial illness, depression, these things worked for a while, but then the pendulum swung too far in the 'up' direction. I've never known such physical anxiety before. I figured 'seratonin syndrome', but my somewhat clueless psych recommended seroquel and I went along. Now I just want to be rid of it all. Except the BP meds (diovan and atenolol). Xanax will help me break the others, then I can ease off that too.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Carolyn ..... I have to agree with sisterwin. When you take so many interacting meds for sleep they can actually inhibit your ability to sleep affecting you just the opposite of what you need. I have had sleep disorders for years. It wasn't until I got down to a minimal dose of medication, just to relieve my back problems from fibro and some ibuprofen that I began sleeping.

I was like you taking Ambien, antidepressants, several klonopin, 2-3 soma, xanax, anything I could get my hands on. I would sleep maybe two hours and then I would be bouncing off the walls the rest of the night. You're just putting yourself in a short term coma, then being left unable to sleep. Those meds don't work well together to really help you.

It's a chore, and unpleasant getting off them, but it will actually help your sleep more than deprive you. I surely wouldn't add diazepam to the mixture you're taking. Not sleeping is rough, but handfuls of meds don't usually produce the desired results. Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default How long will it take to get over Seroquel?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Carolyn ..... I have to agree with sisterwin. When you take so many interacting meds for sleep they can actually inhibit your ability to sleep affecting you just the opposite of what you need. I have had sleep disorders for years. It wasn't until I got down to a minimal dose of medication, just to relieve my back problems from fibro and some ibuprofen that I began sleeping.

I was like you taking Ambien, antidepressants, several klonopin, 2-3 soma, xanax, anything I could get my hands on. I would sleep maybe two hours and then I would be bouncing off the walls the rest of the night. You're just putting yourself in a short term coma, then being left unable to sleep. Those meds don't work well together to really help you.

It's a chore, and unpleasant getting off them, but it will actually help your sleep more than deprive you. I surely wouldn't add diazepam to the mixture you're taking. Not sleeping is rough, but handfuls of meds don't usually produce the desired results. Good luck and God bless.
    Hi Robert,

I really appreciate the support and feedback I am getting. I have no one to talk to here in my family. I am no longer with the doctor who gave me the Seroquel. My new doctor did not know about the withdrawal, so I had no warning. Of course I should have done the research ahead of time, so I could be prepared. I wouldn't have quit cold turkey. But that's all water under the bridge now. I had a good night's sleep last night.

I am glad that you made it through your withdrawal. How long did it take you? Our illnesses are so little understood, and the meds...well they aren't all that sure how they work over time. It's like Russian Roulette.

My Rx history in brief:
    I took Zoloft and little else for 7+ years (2002-2010) . In 2004 they added Xanax for 'breakthrough anxiety'. Then in 2009 they added Lunesta for sleep. Last year I got 'Seratonin Syndrome' and came off the Zoloft. For a while I was on some kind of medicinal yo yo. They tried every anti-depressant in the cabinet, and I had bad reactions to all of them. That's when they put me on Seroquel (I was doubtful about that strategy at the time). But, it seemed to work fine, though I was having an increase in physical agitation at night (panic and anxiety).

I am beginning to believe that the drug companies and the doctors really do not understand what they are doing to us, and we to ourselves. They treat the symptoms, throw this and that medication at you, drain your bank account, and years later you find yourself getting sick from the meds.

I have finally decided no more SSRI's or SNRI's for me. Just my blood pressure meds and Xanax, for panic attacks only (not sleep). My next drug to get rid of will be the Lunesta. Just waiting for the current w/drawal symptoms to settle down. And I won't ask for Diazepam (I was kind of joking-not a good idea).

Thank you so much for your words.<3

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

This thread is kind of alarming to me. When I wanted to stop taking Klonopin for sleep 2 years ago, the doctor switched me to 50 mg. then 100 mgs. of seroquel. He told me it's used for psychosis in high doses but for sleep in low doses like mine. Of course, he never mentioned anything about it being addictive. In fact, he had no problem giving me benzos for however long I would have wanted them. Never mentioned how addictive tthey were either! He is a psychopharmacologist so it's his job to write scripts. Period. Hearing that seroquel is addictive and causes w/d's is news to me and just another in a litany of problems I'll have to deal with at some poiunt. Ughhh.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    This thread is kind of alarming to me. When I wanted to stop taking Klonopin for sleep 2 years ago, the doctor switched me to 50 mg. then 100 mgs. of seroquel. He told me it's used for psychosis in high doses but for sleep in low doses like mine. Of course, he never mentioned anything about it being addictive. In fact, he had no problem giving me benzos for however long I would have wanted them. Never mentioned how addictive tthey were either! He is a psychopharmacologist so it's his job to write scripts. Period. Hearing that seroquel is addictive and causes w/d's is news to me and just another in a litany of problems I'll have to deal with at some poiunt. Ughhh.
    Dear NYG,

Don't be too alarmed. I was also on a low dose. The first two weeks of w/drawal were tough but now things are mellowing out. I've also had a wake-up call. Now I want to be off as many meds as I can be. They really have us thinking that pills will cure us, but we really have to cure ourselves. But in stages. I made the mistake of going cold turkey. You don't have to do that. My best wishes and hopes are for you. We should all keep talking to each other. Helping each other. Benzos I think are easier to get off,as long as you are low dosing and minimizing the use. Ergo, use only as needed, not every morning, afternoon and night, for example.

I never had any Seroquel cravings per se. For me it was a mis-prescribed sleep med with nasty side affects and worse withdrawal. I had no idea.

<3

Anonymous Guest

HI guys
    I hate to be the odd one out..but I have been on seroquel before 50mg for sleep but when I stopped I had NO w/d at all...IDN ???
    just wanted to say !!
    Melinda

altinokz is offline New Member

Red face Tapering off seroquel

I have been taking a 50mg seroquel for about a year and truly dislike the way it makes me feel. I don't like the sedated feel and don't like the way I feel during the day. Specifically, my eyes feel very heavy. Overall if I sleep over 7 hours which is a rare situation for me, I feel great. But heaviness on my eyes seem to stay no matter how may hours I sleep. Your message got my attention because as I try to taper it, I stopped taking it one day and had the worst case of itchiness. My head and my back were itching like crazy

I take lexapro and seroquel together but both very low dosages. I cut my 10 mg lexapro in 4 pieces. Just like many people I want to get off both of these drugs but my depression gets a hold of me and no matter what I do I cannot shake off the blues. i exercise regulary, have no bad habits accept a few cigarettes a day, got a watercoloring hobby, I read a lot of books but nevertheless i can't stop the sadness when it hits me. I think I have been able to condition my brain to take 1/4 of 10mg lexapro every 4-5 days, now I have to work the same thing with seroquel. Good Luck to everyone who tries to get off this drug!

Default Nutmeg & Sadness

Quote Originally Posted by altinokz View Post
    I have been taking a 50mg seroquel for about a year and truly dislike the way it makes me feel. I don't like the sedated feel and don't like the way I feel during the day. Specifically, my eyes feel very heavy. Overall if I sleep over 7 hours which is a rare situation for me, I feel great. But heaviness on my eyes seem to stay no matter how may hours I sleep. Your message got my attention because as I try to taper it, I stopped taking it one day and had the worst case of itchiness. My head and my back were itching like crazy

I take lexapro and seroquel together but both very low dosages. I cut my 10 mg lexapro in 4 pieces. Just like many people I want to get off both of these drugs but my depression gets a hold of me and no matter what I do I cannot shake off the blues. i exercise regulary, have no bad habits accept a few cigarettes a day, got a watercoloring hobby, I read a lot of books but nevertheless i can't stop the sadness when it hits me. I think I have been able to condition my brain to take 1/4 of 10mg lexapro every 4-5 days, now I have to work the same thing with seroquel. Good Luck to everyone who tries to get off this drug!
    I forgot that there is something very nice about nutmeg. Not a lot of nutmeg but a sprinkle or two on your Mac & Cheese, or in your coffee, goes a long way to getting rid of anxiety. It also seems to lift my depression.

After I worked my way through all the anti-depressants, I decided it was best for me to 'be with' my depression. To work through the things that made me sad. I know what these things are, not everyone does know their own source, so I don't recommend my way as anyone else's way. I'd just rather not pay the price of free floating anxiety, just to be rid of super sadness. I work with music so sometimes that helps and sometimes it amplifies (acts as a cathartic) to my sadness.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that some (not all) of the sadness is because the world is a mess, and we are maybe more sensitive to it than others allow themselves to be?

toobadgirl is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn222 View Post
    I forgot that there is something very nice about nutmeg. Not a lot of nutmeg but a sprinkle or two on your Mac & Cheese, or in your coffee, goes a long way to getting rid of anxiety. It also seems to lift my depression.

After I worked my way through all the anti-depressants, I decided it was best for me to 'be with' my depression. To work through the things that made me sad. I know what these things are, not everyone does know their own source, so I don't recommend my way as anyone else's way. I'd just rather not pay the price of free floating anxiety, just to be rid of super sadness. I work with music so sometimes that helps and sometimes it amplifies (acts as a cathartic) to my sadness.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that some (not all) of the sadness is because the world is a mess, and we are maybe more sensitive to it than others allow themselves to be?
    Hi there-Carolynn. I have to agree with you. the last statement. I think some of us are more sensitive than others. I gave up on the rat race years ago. I could careless if someone else has new this or that. I am also fed up with the way the bigwigs in gov and business take advantage of us. Doctors included. Seems they all seek the allmighty dollar but forget about what life is really like. I got lucky have a decent doctor. His theory is no matter what happens, the sun still comes up. There is still nice weather etc. No one can change that. So thats it in a nutshell. i think people are afraid to admit to themselves whats really going on. thank you for your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by toobadgirl View Post
    Hi there-Carolynn. I have to agree with you. the last statement. I think some of us are more sensitive than others. I gave up on the rat race years ago. I could careless if someone else has new this or that. I am also fed up with the way the bigwigs in gov and business take advantage of us. Doctors included. Seems they all seek the allmighty dollar but forget about what life is really like. I got lucky have a decent doctor. His theory is no matter what happens, the sun still comes up. There is still nice weather etc. No one can change that. So thats it in a nutshell. i think people are afraid to admit to themselves whats really going on. thank you for your statement.
    Hi Susan.

I like what Alice Miller has to say on the subject (Drama of the Gifted Child) as well as Paul Brunton (The Sensitives). Sometimes I think maybe it's evolution, like instead of buying into the American Dream, we need to help those in need, like the Dalai Lama says, to find real compassion. And sometimes I think it's because we are still trying to find our path. That is, if our illness will allow us to escape our comfort zones. And...maybe it's the meds going bad, LOL. Either way, though we may be straying off topic (this started out about Seroquel withdrawal), this is a valid point, and deserves further consideration. I may research some psychology sites. Why didn't I think of this before? Thank you for your comment.

Default Lyrica for Seroquel Withdrawal Symptoms

This is for everyone who is having a bad time withdrawing from Seroquel:

After 3 awful weeks, I saw my doctor and she gave me the green light to use Lyrica because I found it eliminated the physical anxiety and other weird symptoms of Seroquel withdrawal. Lyrica is a nerve-healing agent, used in higher doses for people w/ fibromyalgia. But it's prescribed off label in Europe for anxiety. I tried it for that last year. It worked for a month or so, but then I quit because it upset my stomach. I surmised it healed whatever nerve damage I had at that time. So, based on that, I intuited it just might help, and I tried one (25mg) yesterday. Within one hour my internal 'tazers' were gone. The come-down is a little jittery but I'd rather deal with that than have the acute physical anxiety from withdrawal.

side note:
    My triglicerides (cholesterol caused by high blood sugars) were 300% higher this year over last year. We are thinking it's the Seroquel, but I am going to re-test in a few months to be sure.

babystimp is offline Junior Member

Default w/d from seroquel

It seems like the docs want to keep us on meds just to shut us up, I could have been on suboxone the rest of my life if I didn't tell the doc I wanted off. Same with seroquel, I was up to 200mg to sleep, the strange thing is one day I just quit the seroquel, and thank God I didn't have w/d, had trouble sleeping for a week or so, but that was it. I just couldn't be on it anymore, I had awful nightmares, groggy for half the day. Heck my doc still thinks I take lamictal and cymbalta, he gives me the script and I throw it away, I haven't taken it in yrs. but he wont listen to me, he wants me to stay on it even though it does nothing for me. I used to be depressed, but now I have a personal relationship with Jesus, and that was more than enough to take that depression away. Good luck, and remember, all things are possible with God!
    darlajdee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by babystimp View Post
    It seems like the docs want to keep us on meds just to shut us up, I could have been on suboxone the rest of my life if I didn't tell the doc I wanted off. Same with seroquel, I was up to 200mg to sleep, the strange thing is one day I just quit the seroquel, and thank God I didn't have w/d, had trouble sleeping for a week or so, but that was it. I just couldn't be on it anymore, I had awful nightmares, groggy for half the day. Heck my doc still thinks I take lamictal and cymbalta, he gives me the script and I throw it away, I haven't taken it in yrs. but he wont listen to me, he wants me to stay on it even though it does nothing for me. I used to be depressed, but now I have a personal relationship with Jesus, and that was more than enough to take that depression away. Good luck, and remember, all things are possible with God!
    Good for you. A rich spiritual life, compassion are key.

Do you have the option of changing doctors? I am contemplating this option.

Exclamation Important News: Reporting to the FDA about Medication Issues

An important piece for anyone suffering from complications, whether short term or long term, from any medication. The FDA has a website called MedWatch Online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm). There you can submit a problem report. This is an important action, because outside of clinical testing, there is little follow up on complications from medication. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip...tch-online.htm.

There is also a state hotline listed here: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaPro...rs/default.htm. You get to talk to a real person who is compassionate and concerned. This is one way to get the FDA to pay closer attention to the medications we are being given.

I just did both and I feel good from doing so. My CCC was extremely kind and went beyond the call of duty.
    darlajdee likes this.

nosleep100 is offline New Member

Default Withdrawal

When withdrawing from a short-acting drugs like Seroquel it maybe good idea to spread the dose instead of just weaning off.

Example:

Seroquel 100mg/night
    Seroquel 50mg/night + 50mg/morning (1 month)
    Seroquel 25mg/night + 25mg/morning (1 month)
    Seroquel 12mg/night + 12mg/morning + 12mg/afternoon (1month)
    Seroquel 0mg

This way dosage is as stable as possible when withdrawing. You may also want to try some herbal supplements to help with sleep/withdrawal.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-24-2011 at 04:18 AM.

menosdrugas is offline New Member

About a year ago, I checked myself into a clinic for a major depression/anxiety episode. I was prescribed twenty milligrams of Prozac a day for the depression and 150 milligrams for Seroquel for the anxiety. Between the two, they fixed me right up and I stuck with both until recently.

I've just moved and switched jobs, which has resulted in a temporary money-crunch and loss of insurance that should be over fairly soon. Prozac is cheap, but Seroquel is hideously expensive, and right at the moment I simply can't afford the stuff out-of-pocket, so I've gone from 150 at night, to 100, and now I'm on my second day of 0. I've wanted to try coming off of it anyway; the lethargy often hangs over well into the morning (the Prozac doesn't give my any side effects at all).

Anyway, I've had an irritable stomach, and some trouble sleeping, but the really
    distracting symptom is the itches that wander over my body. Everything else is tolerable, but this itching thing is really really annoying. The nausea already seems to be lightening up, I hope the itching does too. Soon.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-25-2012 at 12:20 AM.

bgawne is offline New Member

Ive been on it for a year now, and ive decided to go off it, it made me a zombie, i was always tired and i had no interest in doing anything. i was on 200 mg. i just now got off my 50 mg. month by month i went down by 50. anyway, ive been doing nothing but itching. I was starting to think i needed some better lotion but maybe not lol

lexilovee is offline New Member

I am very very sick right now, i think it might be from seroquel withdrawl. Im a sane person, I'm not physcotic at all. I just suffer from mild OCD bipolar&i have issues sleeping Im only 18 5'7 and 125 lbs& I'm on 900 mg dose which i hear is severe ive been on it for over 3 yrs . Ive been out of it for 3 days ive been have hot and cold sweats nausea insomnia severe dizzyness&shortness of breath. Is this possibly from withdrawl&does it sound serious?

amdelodder is offline New Member

Unhappy I know how you feel

As I read through this post I see so many people going through the same things as I am. I have recently stopped taking Seroquel 900 mg **NOTEI am under a doctors care and have tappered off 900-600-300-0 over two weeks as per directions and have started a new med call Teva-Olanzapine first 5mg now 10mg**I have been going through cold sweets, tremors, bad thoughts, sick stomach, over all just poorly and it happens around the same time each night around 8:00pm-11:00pm. I have tried to call my doctor two weeks ago and left a message of what was happening -- no one called me back. I called the pharmacist and he told me that it sounded like withdrawal and if worsens call my doctor. I have not been able to get a hold of her and have an appointment Feb 14. I have PTSD, OCD, BPD, schizo-affective disorder and major depression (yeah I know quiet a handful- stupid brain). This change has increased my blood pressure which is bad for my hypertension and I get the munchies too which is not good with my diabetes. But when the shakes come on and the sweats and sick feeling I just want to lay down and sleep but then I start getting nervous and anxious. ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR ME. MAYBE A WORD OF ADVICE OR CONSOLATION. WOULD BE AWFUL APPRECIATIVE.Thank you all for your time and thoughts Amanda NL Canada

justsad is offline New Member

I have been on Seroquel 150 mg for about 3 months along with Pristiq. At first I thought it was helping but realized the only thing it did was make me sleep at night and be drowsy all day. I have Ambien if I need it to help me sleep. 2 days ago I stopped taking the Seroquel I have been so sick at my stomach for these last 2 days that I haven't even gotten out of my pajamas. Could I be having withdrawl after just 3 months? I have been under a doctor's care but stopped the Seroquel on my own. My insurance doesn't pay for it and at $300 a month I just didn't think it's benefits were worth that. I'm being treated for Major Depressive Disorder but it seems as though my doctor is just using me as a guinea pig, changing meds each time I go, none of them seem to help and I am so sick of this.
    To amdelodder, I feel for you. Al I want to do is lay down and sleep also but sleep comes hard for me. I'm wondering if the doctors and their diagnoses do us more harm than good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast