Is it safe to use marijuana while on suboxone?
    Anonymous Guest

Default Is it safe to use marijuana while on suboxone?

Hi,

This may be a no-brainer, but since I do not know much about suboxone here it goes. Is it safe to smoke lets say a joint of high-quality marijuana while on 8mg of suboxone?

Thanks in advance

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dschlic1 View Post
    Hi,

This may be a no-brainer, but since I do not know much about suboxone here it goes. Is it safe to smoke lets say a joint of high-quality marijuana while on 8mg of suboxone?

Thanks in advance

I can not suggest that you smoke pot. It's against the law. I personally don't see pot being a huge deal but I can't promote doing anything that is illegal. It just goes against what I am trying to do. You will have to decide this one on your own. Sorry. You will have to do what you think is best.

Anonymous Guest

fair enough lol

Stangfriik is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I can not suggest that you smoke pot. It's against the law. I personally don't see pot being a huge deal but I can't promote doing anything that is illegal. It just goes against what I am trying to do. You will have to decide this one on your own. Sorry. You will have to do what you think is best.
    I guess I'll play Devils Advocate in this one then

Just to get it all out there, my views probably won't be the most agreed upon here but I wanted to be honest with ya.

I not only think it's safe but I'm gonna go as far as saying it's up there medicinally with other detox drugs. When we're hurting, we smoke and we not only feel a helluva lot better but we are more functional. There was a time though, we were smoking 5-7 times a day though as we went as long as we could before starting the suboxone. Like I said though, our situation is probably vastly different because we aren't on a suboxone regime but rather self medicating with using very small dosages like 2mg then 1mg so the daily pain may have been a little higher for us. Pl

I've been off suboxone for 4 days now. Yesterday felt great but nowhere near normal. Today though I'm hurting like I a couple days ago so it'll come in waves I guess. I can say that marijuana is greatly helping me cope with the WD's.

Given all the recent medicinal purposes that are scientifically documented along with the slow, gradual, decrease in marijuana prohibition all over the world, it's only a matter of time before it's decriminalized.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Just sitting around and reading...........wanted to put my 2cents in here.

I am 51 and an addict and have MS.... my neuro doc gives me Marinol for my ms and it does wonders... marinal is very expensive and my doc said.... then smoke it but know what its doing to your lungs.

I smoke pot and it does help with my leg pains, eating and also with my dizziness from the MS. I have gone 4-5 months without pot and let me tell you, it got to where I could hardly walk, I lost weight from 130 too 90 lbs.. I ended up in exacerbation with the MS and created more lesions. My doc and I review what happen to parcipatae the exacerbation and the only thing I did was quit smoking pot. Well needless to say I am a pot smoker again. I also have the marinol for when I can not smoke.... you know family visits with children. I will alway use this as a medical drug.. like it too most of the time.

Sister

cherry14 is offline Member

I have to agree with Robert, you can't expect someone to SERIOUSLY advise you on the *safe* use of illegal drugs, can you? I would imagine someone on a suboxone plan is attempting to find a new place in life, so wouldn't this ultimately be going backwards?
    Last edited by cherry14; 09-16-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling

mostscant is offline New Member

Default aye...

can someone please tell me what i can do to get on the suboxone treatment program without insurance?

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostscant View Post
    can someone please tell me what i can do to get on the suboxone treatment program without insurance?

I would go to suboxone.com....... put in you zip code and start calling the docs... pick the cheapist you can get then read as much as you can about it.

Its expensive but I bet no more expensive then you habit is or gonna be. Add up the numbers..

Good luck

hkyjon33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    Just sitting around and reading...........wanted to put my 2cents in here.

I am 51 and an addict and have MS.... my neuro doc gives me Marinol for my ms and it does wonders... marinal is very expensive and my doc said.... then smoke it but know what its doing to your lungs.

I smoke pot and it does help with my leg pains, eating and also with my dizziness from the MS. I have gone 4-5 months without pot and let me tell you, it got to where I could hardly walk, I lost weight from 130 too 90 lbs.. I ended up in exacerbation with the MS and created more lesions. My doc and I review what happen to parcipatae the exacerbation and the only thing I did was quit smoking pot. Well needless to say I am a pot smoker again. I also have the marinol for when I can not smoke.... you know family visits with children. I will alway use this as a medical drug.. like it too most of the time.

Sister

I agree but im not condoning its use. Pot isnt for everyone and like anything you put in your body, it will react diffrent ways. I smoke to ease the pain of old hockey injurys (used to play pro). Thats actually where i got started on vic is a sports injury. Then i quit and picked i back up for headaches. All the while, i smoked pot and then stop to see how i feel. Some days i couldnt get outta bed w/o some sort of PK and that all changed when i would smoke a bull in the morning. I was also anarexic for a yr or so (lost about 130lbs in that time. THAT WAS STUPID. my stomache and my insides have never been the same) so i also smoke to actually have an appitite. I live in a city where its pretty much decriminalized and i have my licence for med use. I didnt get it from a dr from the back of a magazine, MY dr sugested and perscribed it. Pot has done wonders for me and it helps me through the panic attacks and sweats of detox (once again not condoning the use, just telling you my personal experiances.) good luck and god bless

ts sweeney is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostscant View Post
    i have no insurance and i get suboxone from a clinic. i have to pay around 300$