Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roxicodone addiction....

Wink Roxicodone addiction....

I am addicted to roxicodone. Has anyone ever been addicted to these are are right now? I want to get off of them. Any opinions from anyone would be great! I have tried to quit cold turkey, tried to ween myself, but I just need help. What about Suboxone?

thanks.

Dave87666 is offline Member

I've had plenty of friends come off of roxies with suboxone or methadone,so either one would your answer...

thanks dave. methadone is not an option for me, but I have given thought to suboxone. Was it heard to come off the roxies? How long did it take? also, i was thinking about taking a week off work and trying to quit that way.. I am a server at Olive Garden (im sure most everyone knows about the big trays we have to carry their above our shoulders) and lifting those trays kills me when im not on roxies. So, is taking a week off and locking myself up at home for that time a good idea?
    i would like any and all opinions, comments, etc.

thank you.

carnalisious is offline New Member

Suboxone/methadone are both good options, but it can be hard finding a Doc trained for suboxone, and even harder finding a pharmacy that has it on hand (though they can order it - just remember to fill your script before you run out so they can order it) are you sure the pain is not simply a manifestation/excuse for taking the roxies? If you cant get through a shift using tylenol/advil, then you need to see a Doc about what is either a condition or damage in your shoulder (athritis, turn cartilage)
    Last edited by carnalisious; 08-15-2007 at 12:12 PM.

I have herniated discs and disc bulge in my spine. Advil doesn't help me and tylenol does but i throw up when i take it and the pain comes back. I think part of me taking the pills is my spine condition but part of it my mind wanting it cause im addicted. I went to my first NA meeting last night and I think it's what i need. Im weening myelf off and going to meetings atlest 2-3 times a week. I met some great people who I think will be there for me thrrough this battle.

jerzy is offline New Member

Yeh i have the same problem, God damn roxy's.... hate the heat flashes, the no sleeping.. and the pain. omg the pain.. EHhh ur best bet is to try to get some.. suboxone's. they have helped me in the past,, but as previously stated, it may take a lil bit to find a doctor ready to give them to you.. They should be taken exactly as the doctor tells you. Otherwise you may end up addicted to them.. good luck. if u need any thing just let me know..

Kellyalittlesexy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restless&Reckless View Post
    I am addicted to roxicodone. Has anyone ever been addicted to these are are right now? I want to get off of them. Any opinions from anyone would be great! I have tried to quit cold turkey, tried to ween myself, but I just need help. What about Suboxone?

thanks.
    What is Roxicodone?? I guess I could look it up, but is it like hydrocodone??? I wish I could help but, I have no idea, I just know that I am also an addict

jerzy is offline New Member

Yeh it is like hydrocodone, but comes in higher mg.. im on the 30 mg ones, and i take like 9 or 10 a day, when i can afford it..

its not hydrocodone. its 30mg oxycodone instant realease. its also comes in 15mg and 5mg.

butchy yost is offline Member

in my opinion, it is the level of your addiction that should determine how you quit, everyone is different but I honestly believe that if you are taking 100mg or less of oxy a day then you should avoid suboxone as much as possible...man up and suffer the inevitable withdrawls.
    You are still gonna have to quit sub one day and I promise you that the longer you drag it out the harder it will be...I know it sucks and I know its scary...I ran from the fear of getting sick for years...even convincing myself that I could actually die if I stopped, but you wont. It is hard and it hurts, but its worth it in the long run(I hope anyway...)
    good luck, whatever route you choose...

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I tend to agree with Butchie Yost.At those numbers you sahould try and quit without the use of buprenorphene or methadone.Good luck.....Dave

I have been clean since sunday night
    COLD TURKEY

butchy yost is offline Member

way to go! I am so happy for you...if you can make it through the first couple of weeks you should be home free. you have no idea how much time you cut off your recovery by doin it naturally...it wont be easy, but it will pass quickly(at least the physical part of it...) Congratulations and continued good luck...

thank you. i have been in so much pain but i am just toughing it out. it sucks and im in so much pain and the withdrawls are driving me crazy but im going to NA meetings and that really helps. damn roxy's. they are so addictive. a doctor once told me roxy's are one of the most addictive pills.

You will find that the pain will lessen over time.You will likely be able to get some relief with a perscribed non-narcotic.When we are addicted to pain pills we tend to feel and amplify our pain but it gets alot better after your clean for awhile.Good luck and way to go.HAng in there........Dave

thank you all so much. it has been a terrible dealing with the withdraws but they have eased everyday and now i am dealing with mostly pain and a little bit of the chills and sweats and bathroom trips. all in all i feel like a better person and am glad i have done it this way. my boyfriend has been here and supporting me and taking care of me like a little baby. i have been taking naproxen which has really been helping. you cant get addictted to that right? isnt it just like aleve?

Yes, that's right.Hang in there your doin great!!!!!.......Dave

guerilla79 is offline New Member

Default roxy addiction

A friend of mine introduced me to the Suboxone. This stuff is great. You just put one under your tough and everything is better. They really take away the cravings. And when you do get a craving, take another one. They really do work.

GotDaMotts is offline New Member

guerilla79 - Roxi's are a son of a bit**. You can do to a clinic and they ween you off and prescribe the Suboxone. I quit cold turkey and I had about 2 weeks of hell. But I got over it. I had about 3 days of really bad withdrawals - vomiting and depression, sweats, etc. You know how it goes. You have to want to quit, otherwise you are fooling yourself. You also need support from a friend or loved one. I was destined to lose my family, so that helped. I didn't have the luxury of Suboxone, but I know those who used it and they swear by it. Hope it helped.

aaderssme is offline New Member

Red face Addicted to Roxies as well

My fiance and I have been taking anywhere from 60mg to 150mg a day of Roxies each and my friend is getting her script if Xanax on Tuesday and giving me some so I can at least I can sleep so I can go to work through the withdrawl. I dunno. I am my only steady income. My fiance lost his job and works odd jobs for our landlord to make some money throughout the month. I can't afford to miss any work, especially working as a waitress. I just don't know what to do. And especially since I do get tips daily it's so easy to access and I have enough money each day to buy plenty (I am good at my job. lol) I am going to stop cuz I cant take it anymore, but I need to Xanax to sleep at night. I can't loose my job....

Please help me!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by aaderssme View Post
    My fiance and I have been taking anywhere from 60mg to 150mg a day of Roxies each and my friend is getting her script if Xanax on Tuesday and giving me some so I can at least I can sleep so I can go to work through the withdrawl. I dunno. I am my only steady income. My fiance lost his job and works odd jobs for our landlord to make some money throughout the month. I can't afford to miss any work, especially working as a waitress. I just don't know what to do. And especially since I do get tips daily it's so easy to access and I have enough money each day to buy plenty (I am good at my job. lol) I am going to stop cuz I cant take it anymore, but I need to Xanax to sleep at night. I can't loose my job....

Please help me!!!

I was taking thirty 30mg roxies daily at my worst plus all kinds of other assorted garbage. So this can be done. I had been using for 35 years. You've got to make up your mind to do this.

I know stopping roxies cold is hard. Do you guys have insurance? You've got some options but I need to know your situation better to tell you the right thing. Tell me more. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

aaderssme is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I was taking thirty 30mg roxies daily at my worst plus all kinds of other assorted garbage. So this can be done. I had been using for 35 years. You've got to make up your mind to do this.

I know stopping roxies cold is hard. Do you guys have insurance? You've got some options but I need to know your situation better to tell you the right thing. Tell me more. God bless.
    Robert -

First of all, thank you for your quick response to my post. It is very appreciated.

Secondly, no, neither one of us have health insurance. We have been planning on getting some, but with how bad this addiction has gotten, we have been spending ALL, and I mean ALL, of our money on these pills. We are lucky my fiance gets food stamps or we would have a bare fridge.

I just need to know what I can do to get through the withdrawl. I am behind on my bills (I have to make about $700 in the next 13 days to cover all our bills). I need help. We need help.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Alexandra

Then your best bet is a cold turkey while using the Thomas Recipe to help with the w/d symptoms. You'll be over the very worst of this in less than a week. Then it gets better every day. Keep posting and you'll get lots of support here. Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

parest400 is offline New Member

Default Don't take suboxene

If you really want off, step down your dosage of oxycodone.
    You know, there's certain critera used by doctors to give oxycodone out, if you're getting it prescribed, it's for a reason, a doctor would lose his liscense if he gave it out for no reason.
    And they know you'll be addicted, but does the benefit outweigh the disturbance and agony in your life? That's what they go by.
    But don't take suboxen, if you're in no pain, oxycodone is very easy to stop, people get it in their head it's not. Basically you get diarreahea. If it's being used for pain though, that will come back.
    I might have to switch to roxicodone if they take percocet off the market.
    Suboxen is life, and you don't want that life.

Businessman1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by parest400 View Post
    But don't take suboxen, if you're in no pain, oxycodone is very easy to stop, people get it in their head it's not. Basically you get diarreahea.
    You might want to re-check your facts on that one. I think anyone who has taken it for a period of time and in a high dose would violently disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by parest400 View Post
    If you really want off, step down your dosage of oxycodone.
    You know, there's certain critera used by doctors to give oxycodone out, if you're getting it prescribed, it's for a reason, a doctor would lose his liscense if he gave it out for no reason.
    And they know you'll be addicted, but does the benefit outweigh the disturbance and agony in your life? That's what they go by.
    But don't take suboxen, if you're in no pain, oxycodone is very easy to stop, people get it in their head it's not. Basically you get diarreahea. If it's being used for pain though, that will come back.
    I might have to switch to roxicodone if they take percocet off the market.
    Suboxen is life, and you don't want that life.

So oxycodone is easy to stop using when dependent and suboxone is for life? Man I'm glad you straightened us all out on all this. Everyone here but you is confused. Thanks a lot.

meeche is offline New Member

Wink re

Quote Originally Posted by Restless&Reckless View Post

thanks.
    hey, i know how you feel. in on 30mg of roxy 5x day and i still run out before my next appt. as far as suboxone, a friend of mine started using it for >>>>>> W/D, she said cold turkey was better. DONT TRY suboxone its ROUGH, I MEAN ROUGH. talk to ur dr so they can tapper u off. lots of luck

Big Ed is offline New Member

I have a question... My girlfriend is addicted to roxy's, and of course she gave me a bullcrap story to get me to buy her pills stating that she could die if she attempted to quit cold turkey... she "bangs" (shoots up) roxy's, oxy's, hydro's and crack....

I want her to quit, and she clearly states that she does not want to; although she has tried for a week and then relapsed...

I was addicted to other drugs, and was forced to quit against my will; surprisingly, it worked well and made me realize what it was like to feel sober again... I felt that I was so entrenched in my addiction, and it made me realize what I was missing out on
    I quit back in 1998, and its 2010 now!

If I made the mistake of buying roxy's for her, is there any way she would ever take me serious enough again, to be a positive influence in her life? I mean after all I was tricked!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    I have a question... My girlfriend is addicted to roxy's, and of course she gave me a bullcrap story to get me to buy her pills stating that she could die if she attempted to quit cold turkey... she "bangs" (shoots up) roxy's, oxy's, hydro's and crack....

I want her to quit, and she clearly states that she does not want to; although she has tried for a week and then relapsed...

I was addicted to other drugs, and was forced to quit against my will; surprisingly, it worked well and made me realize what it was like to feel sober again... I felt that I was so entrenched in my addiction, and it made me realize what I was missing out on
    I quit back in 1998, and its 2010 now!

If I made the mistake of buying roxy's for her, is there any way she would ever take me serious enough again, to be a positive influence in her life? I mean after all I was tricked!

ED .......She needs help and not with anyone buying her drugs. I would suggest suboxone for her but I don't think it would do any good if she doesn't want to stop using.

I could help her with the subs if she would follow the protocol for getting clean. But she has to want it or she'll blow it off and use.

I would tell her to get clean or blow her off. You don't need to compromise your 12 year recovery with someone shooting drugs. I've seen people relapse after being clean 20 years.

Be careful, you are treading on thin ice my friend. Look out for yourself first. Good luck and God bless.

Big Ed is offline New Member

Well that's exactly the way it turned out... I blew her off, because she was out of control... she is outta control! I also worry because she is near fatal activities!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast