ROBERT??? methadone to suboxone

Default ROBERT??? methadone to suboxone

So hubby and I just got back from our methadone doc yesterday. On thursday we drop from 50mg to 40mg and two weeks after that from 40mg to 30mg. Then two weeks from that 36 hours before our next doc appt we stop taking our methadone and at that appt we will begin subs. Now my doc don't seem to know much or say much at all I'm so scared. Infact my husband and I both have been the boss pretty much during this whole thing. I have been reading as much as I can but can't seem to find the same info from a year ago. We need to know what to do at induction and then have a taper plan to get off the subs. I'm really hoping robert can see us through this!!! I have a hard time understanding what I'm reading sometimes and hubby works 7 days a week so he is relying on me to get the info we will need! Please robert I hope u can help us get clean!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by chance4reallife View Post
    So hubby and I just got back from our methadone doc yesterday. On thursday we drop from 50mg to 40mg and two weeks after that from 40mg to 30mg. Then two weeks from that 36 hours before our next doc appt we stop taking our methadone and at that appt we will begin subs. Now my doc don't seem to know much or say much at all I'm so scared. Infact my husband and I both have been the boss pretty much during this whole thing. I have been reading as much as I can but can't seem to find the same info from a year ago. We need to know what to do at induction and then have a taper plan to get off the subs. I'm really hoping robert can see us through this!!! I have a hard time understanding what I'm reading sometimes and hubby works 7 days a week so he is relying on me to get the info we will need! Please robert I hope u can help us get clean!!

Going from 50mg to 30mg of methadone in one month is very fast. You're going to feel like hell doing that. Not saying it can't be done but I would slow it down some, spread it over a couple months. Then the suboxone induction will be lots easier for you.

I will be happy to induct you on the subs right here. You just get them, let me know you have them and we can do it. But I wish that you would take sixty days getting ready so you don't suffer coming off the methadone so much.

Here is the sub therapy link and the way I have worked with others here for years. Use this as a guide. But let me do the induction with you, especially if your dr doesn't seem to know much about subs. The induction is the most important part of the whole process. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sweet60024 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Going from 50mg to 30mg of methadone in one month is very fast. You're going to feel like hell doing that. Not saying it can't be done but I would slow it down some, spread it over a couple months. Then the suboxone induction will be lots easier for you.

I will be happy to induct you on the subs right here. You just get them, let me know you have them and we can do it. But I wish that you would take sixty days getting ready so you don't suffer coming off the methadone so much.

Here is the sub therapy link and the way I have worked with others here for years. Use this as a guide. But let me do the induction with you, especially if your dr doesn't seem to know much about subs. The induction is the most important part of the whole process. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

I just want to say how I am so glad to have you here for me as you are for so many others! It takes a kind heart and patience to deal with addicts GOD BLESS you and all that you do to help others.....you are truley a blessing

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

chance, one thing i noticed in your post is you say you are started sub 36 hours after your last methadone dose. That is definitely too soon. You need to be in moderate to severe withdrawal or you will go into precipitated withdrawal which is something you don't wnat to do for sure. I don't know how long you've been on methadone but the average wait before sub after methadone is more like 72 hours (meth has a very long half life). I also agree with Robert that meth has to be tapered really slowly, again because of its long half life. There is something called a COWS worksheet which will help you assess when you are actually withdrawing enough to start the sub. You're in good hands with Robert and the taper.

I agree totally with NYG as 36 hours is WAY too fast to be ready for sub induction. You'll likely go into precipitated w/d which you don't want to do believe me. It's horrible. Here is a link to the COWS worksheet NYG was referring to. You must be scoring a minimum of a 26 before we begin the induction. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hi guys.
    Ok so we did come down to the 30mg of meth. We witness tomorro and it WILL be our last witness as next week we start the subs. I understand where yous are comming frm the tapper was too fast but to be compleetly honest this last month we have only been taking our methadone ONCE a week and using fentynal to halt any WD.
    I have red that 72 hrs is the norm for the switch and I argued with our doc. Who thinks he is GOD BTW. At first he yelled and said its 24 hrs and changed to 36hrs after I started crying and told him he is trying to ????ing kill us! Of course he DOESN'T know we have been using the fentanyl we decided to do this to help get the methadone out of our system so that we can just do the whole 36 hour thing. Is 36hours going to be ok with fent?? We will be drinking our Met tomorrow and susposedly drink our last carry on wednesday so when do I make my doc appt? We just realized how soon this is all happening! Also our doc won't let us take subs home he makes us induct in his office so what should I do? I can demand I induct my own way, but he def. Won't allow us to go home and induct I wish he would.
    Thank you so much for your time and effort. We know using the fent was kinda silly considering we had been clean so long. We def arnt using it to get high or anything just to keep the done WDs at bay till we can start the subs.

Anonymous Guest

i will be straight up here. i told my sub doc i had got stable on 30mg of methadone. i lied. i was dabbling on all sorts...

well needless to say i went into precipitated withdrawl, coz of my own bs... mind you he never did a cows worksheet. but i bullsheeted and got my own self into trouble... big time. trust me you dont want to go into prec wd. it sucks the worst ever.......

be careful

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

Hey Robert, I apparently am not registered to send private messages to people, but wanted to ask you a question. I'm not trying to hijack your thread OP so sorry. I see you post on almost all the suboxone threads, and noticed your sig says you aren't a doctor. Have you ever worked in rehab or in the medical field? Do you have any credentials? Or are your suggestions based just on you? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypbarb666 View Post
    Hey Robert, I apparently am not registered to send private messages to people, but wanted to ask you a question. I'm not trying to hijack your thread OP so sorry. I see you post on almost all the suboxone threads, and noticed your sig says you aren't a doctor. Have you ever worked in rehab or in the medical field? Do you have any credentials? Or are your suggestions based just on you? I'm just curious.

I've moderated sites like this and posted for ten plus years. My experience is from over 35 years of using. I was studying at one time to get my LCDC license, so I do have some education in the field and know my meds quite well, but drug counseling as an LCDC doesn't pay enough to make it worthwhile for me. If I wanted to make money I would start another company as I've done in the past. I started to open a detox facility at one time but grant money was too tight.

I'm retired and this is a ministry for me helping people trying to get clean. That is why I emphasize in my disclaimer that I am not a dr for those who come here. I've done this a long time and have lots of experience in various areas of autoimmune diseases and addiction. That is all. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-23-2011 at 02:00 AM.