Robert can you help?
    Katwontlisten is offline Junior Member

Default Robert can you help?

Robert you helped me a few years ago to taper down on suboxone but like a fool I relapsed on the norcos. Here is my current situation: I have been taking 30-40 norco 10/325 mg for the last few years. I finally had enough of being broke and worrying day after day about running out of my " best friend" that has reduced me to a liar and a scammer, which if I weren't't an addict, I would not be. Anyhow 2 days ago I went to a sub Dr. I was placed on 2 8 mg of the sub tapes per day. I remember from past experience that that dosage is not necessary. Can you please help me taper down? I really am going to do it this time. I have 20 norcos in my purse right now with no interest whatsoever in taking them. On Monday I am going to start N.A. and find a 12 step program. My sub Dr requires this which my old sub Dr did not, so I think I find a pretty good guy. He even said we can work within a year to totally get me off the sub. So I don't think he is there just to make a bunch of money off of me. But I would like Robert's help to taper quicker than that. I have only taken 1 of the 8 mg strips today instead of the 2. Robert will you help? Kathy (hydocodone free since 1pm Thursday 11/3/11)

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Katwontlisten View Post
    Robert you helped me a few years ago to taper down on suboxone but like a fool I relapsed on the norcos. Here is my current situation: I have been taking 30-40 norco 10/325 mg for the last few years. I finally had enough of being broke and worrying day after day about running out of my " best friend" that has reduced me to a liar and a scammer, which if I weren't't an addict, I would not be. Anyhow 2 days ago I went to a sub Dr. I was placed on 2 8 mg of the sub tapes per day. I remember from past experience that that dosage is not necessary. Can you please help me taper down? I really am going to do it this time. I have 20 norcos in my purse right now with no interest whatsoever in taking them. On Monday I am going to start N.A. and find a 12 step program. My sub Dr requires this which my old sub Dr did not, so I think I find a pretty good guy. He even said we can work within a year to totally get me off the sub. So I don't think he is there just to make a bunch of money off of me. But I would like Robert's help to taper quicker than that. I have only taken 1 of the 8 mg strips today instead of the 2. Robert will you help? Kathy (hydocodone free since 1pm Thursday 11/3/11)

Kathy .... I will be happy to help you. I'm glad you cut it back to one strip before it went too far. Stay on that dose for about a week to get past your opiate detox, then start reducing the dose by 25% every four days. We can have you off the subs in a couple months or so.

You'll drop to 6mg your first reduction in a week. Just keep me posted how you're doing. Glad you came back and are in NA! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you so much for your help. I am so ready this time to be done with the pills for good. I am tired of those little things having control over my whole life. I am glad I only took the 8 mg today. I will keep you posted. Kathy (hydro free since 1 pm 11/3/11)

Day 2 of dropping from 16 to 8 mg of Suboxone. No problems at all. I am so glad to be done with the norcos. It's such a relief not having to worry day after day about where to get more pills if I was getting low. And when you take 30-40 a day that's quite often. Almost like a full time job lol. Good luck to anyone else trying to get over this horrible addiction. Kathy (hydro free 1pm 11/2/11)