Respritorary depression
    whydidistart is offline New Member

Default Respritorary depression

im just coming off a 10 pill a day roxy addiction im on two sublingual suboxone 16mg and now i just started taking xanax 1-2 mg and im starting to feel a pressure in my chest and its hard to breath..its kinda scary past two nights ive had dreams were i was fighting to breath and i would wake up and grasp a huge breath..are those two substances safe to be on?and can you drink beer while on suboxone and xanax?

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by whydidistart View Post
    im just coming off a 10 pill a day roxy addiction im on two sublingual suboxone 16mg and now i just started taking xanax 1-2 mg and im starting to feel a pressure in my chest and its hard to breath..its kinda scary past two nights ive had dreams were i was fighting to breath and i would wake up and grasp a huge breath..are those two substances safe to be on?and can you drink beer while on suboxone and xanax?

You posted this early this morning - and I have no idea how you are right now. I pray you called 911, as posting on this forum is no substitute for immediate medical care!

The dose you took of suboxone, for a 10-pill a day addiction, is way too high. This is NOT a drug that "more is better." Quite the opposite; subs do not work like other opiates. You need to be in full withdrawal when you first take the subs, and you need to slowly build your dose at 1-2 mg increments. If you plunge into taking the suboxone before you're in full withdrawal, you can bring about "precipitated withdrawals" which is a nightmare. Here's a link to the information you need on using suboxone: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

You should NOT mix xanax and suboxone. Both slow the respiration, and the combination can easily lead to a coma, especially if you're taking so much suboxone.

Do NOT drink while taking the subs. All of these substances (suboxone, xanax and alcohol) work on the central nervous system, which controls your body's natural ability to breathe.

All suppress the CNS, which can slow or stop your breathing. You have already witnessed warning signs of that - you need to pay attention. THIS is exactly how so many people overdose and die. God or the Universe or Fate, whatever you want to call it, has given you a huge glaring warning sign with the dreams that led to gasps for air -- this is serious.

IF it happens again, please call 911 - do not rely on this forum to respond in an emergency. There is nothing we can do from a computer monitor to help in that situation.

God bless,
    Ruth

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Yes very dangerous combo as Ruth has described. I was unaware of the danger while I was on suboxone and I would take just 1mg of xanax at night to sleep which caused troubled breathing until I was off both meds I didn't realize what was causing it. I would wake up constantly and every morning a pool of drool would be all over my face and pillow

whydidistart is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    Yes very dangerous combo as Ruth has described. I was unaware of the danger while I was on suboxone and I would take just 1mg of xanax at night to sleep which caused troubled breathing until I was off both meds I didn't realize what was causing it. I would wake up constantly and every morning a pool of drool would be all over my face and pillow
    i just wanna start off by saying ive been on suboxone for over a month already and just started taking xanax for panic attacks anxiety and insomnia and its really been helping alot but breathing is so hard i dont get it and when i wake up its in a puddle of drool now whats the reason ??

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by whydidistart View Post
    i just wanna start off by saying ive been on suboxone for over a month already and just started taking xanax for panic attacks anxiety and insomnia and its really been helping alot but breathing is so hard i dont get it and when i wake up its in a puddle of drool now whats the reason ??
    Dude, did you not read Ruth's post that answered this in detail? I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, but when you first asked the question, she answered you as to why breathing is so difficult- BOTH SUBOXONE AND XANAX ARE CNS DEPRESSANTS !!!!
    (CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM CONTROLS YOUR BREATHING)

I know xanax helps with your anxiety, insomnia and panic attacks, but my brother OD'd on it more than once and finally blew his brains out on Christmas day while taking xanax and drinking. You need to wake up (both literally and figuratively) and understand that the subs you are on can make the other symptoms a little worse- it did for me. I had tons of trouble sleeping also while on subs. maybe adjusting your sub dose (by reducing 25% EVERY FEW DAYS and taking it earlier in the day) may help a lot more than the xanax. Just a thought. Good luck.