red-flagged by DEA?
    teddyb is offline New Member

Default red-flagged by DEA?

Hello -
    Does anyone know if there is a way to find out if you've been red-flagged by the DEA? I received a prescription from two different doctors for Tylenol 3 (at different times for different conditions) and my regular doctor told me today that she got a call from the other doctor about it. Does this mean I'm forever on the list? Is the list even online anywhere? I'm kind of panicked that I will never be able to take pain killers again!
    Thanks!

tamara02 is offline Banned

hey ,redflaged that might be the best thing that could happen to you in your whole life ,actually it will probably save your life,Stay away from these painkillers if at all possible,please read lots of these posts,there are so many people on here that had their lives ruined by those lilDevil pills,The pharmacies have a data-base and cancheck on everything thats going on and yes you can be red flagged.Are you taking painkillers for a physical problem or just recreational use??if you dont mind me asking?????thanks,Tammy

Default teddy

it does not mean necessarily mean u r redflagged, so to speak, especially by the DEA. what it more likely does mean is that for sure either doctor can refuse to treat you or that any doctor you go to can also refuse to treat you (in your state) and any pharmacy in your state can refuse to fill your scripts for pain meds. if this was truly a mix up and the rx were for different times and different ailments there should be no problem once you give an explanation to the doctor who is your main practitioner because as far as i know there is not a law against this as long as it was different times not overlapping. somehow i (forgive me if i am wrong) think you may be fooling yourself a little perhaps?? because there is just no reason why a doctor would be concerned about this i shouldn't think. i have been on one type of painkiller, then injured myself in an accident, was out of the previous painkiller, was prescribed another at the e.r. by a different doctor for the accident. if you are doctor shopping it is a felony in most, if not all, states now. be careful.

Default thanks for the info

I don't think I'm addicted to them. I have taken Tylenol 3 a few times a week for the past few years because of herniated discs in my low back. But I only take 2-4 a day and not every day. The other pain med was for a severe sinus infection. My main doc. said she's not worried about me but that I need to stick with one doctor and one pharmacy (this is all new to me -I never realized T3 was in the same league as harder stuff). Anyway, I haven't taken any in the past 3 weeks and am scared to even ask for more, I just don't want the pharmacy to look at me strange every time I go in there for other meds - and if my back goes out again, I'm scared I won't get any relief. Thanks everybody.

candrews922 is offline New Member

Cool Where did you get the script filled?

I doubt there is any list anywhere, but if a pharmacy had 2 scripts for the same medication from 2 different docs they might think you are going around to different docs and pharmacies to get drugs. Even though their pharmacy might have only 2 scripts and 2 docs involved. They might have contacted the one doctor to give them a heads up that you had a script for the same med from another doctor. If you had them filled at different pharmacy's then I don't have any idea. I was a pharmacy tech and that was something that they would try to notice, and now with everything computerized it would be easier to keep track of. Hope this helped. I highly doubt you are on any abuser list for tylenol 3 there are so many more abused drugs than that. You can get tylenol with codeine from canada at a lower strength if you wanted to abuse that and just take more of them, so it would be kind of silly for anyone to really be concerned. Good luck.

Red face thanks

You set my mind at ease. Just to be safe, I wrote my doctor a letter explaining the whole thing so hopefully it can be straightened out. Thanks again!