Recently quit vicodin after 6 years
    Gettingclean29 is offline New Member

Default Recently quit vicodin after 6 years

I am ten days off of opiates and can't wait to start feeling normal again. The physical withdrawls are almost done except for the restless legs every night. I wake up every morning with cravings and feeling depressed. I have also been having bad anxiety over little things. I know things will eventually get better, and I know that there is no universal answer for how long I will feel like this for, but I guess I am just looking for some support, and to hear from others who are either going through the same thing or were succesfull at beating the addiction and coming out the other side. Also any tips for dealing with this "funk" would be greatly appreciated.

Htownlove is offline Member

Hey there. Ten days that's awesome!! I'm just passed seven days and I still struggle but what helps me is just concentrating on today and getting the most physical activity I can manage and that helps wonders. No matter what don't use. You should be very proud of yourself. You never have to go through this again. You are in my prayers.

Htownlove.

Anonymous Guest

hey there, gettingclean. YOU ARE CLEAN, WOOO HOOO

it depends on what you came off as to how long that funk is going to last. eg if its pills, short acting, its going to get better any day now. if it is methadone, you have another week or so of funk to go thru, it takes about 4 weeks altogether...

but know this, i came off methadone, and subs, and it does get better. i thought it didnt, after years of addiction, and finally i have a few months under my belt and its actually getting better and im pretty stoked about that.

keep it up mate. good on ya

cheeky

Gettingclean29 is offline New Member

Thank you cheekysod and htownlove for the replies. It really does help hearing from others who have gone through or are going through this. I will pray for you as well htownlove, you will get through this.

GiGiLee58 is offline Junior Member

What is this Thomas plan I keep hearing about here?... I know I need help. Is this like NA? Anonymous? As I know I do not have good support, so I am on my own.