Reality Check!! Scottish lass in need of advice, please. Need to escape the TRAMADOL!
    hugos is offline New Member

Default Reality Check!! Scottish lass in need of advice, please. Need to escape the TRAMADOL!

Hey guys,
    I am in my early 30's and have been abusing tramadol for the last 3 years. I have an highly addictive personality and have suffered with severe depression from childhood. I have always had a release valve. Self harming, alcohol, narcotics, bulimia, annorexia and anything that could distract me from dealing with things head on.

Fast forward to now. I have kicked the eating dissorders, alcohol and illiegal highs/lows and the self harming and they are a thing of the distant past. Then i was prescribed Tramadol for mild arthritis. 4tabs of 50mg a day. Within 6 months i was consuming 20+ a day. I cut back down to 10 a day until 14 months ago. My Dad passed away and i went back upto 20+ a day along with 10-15 dihydrocodine 30mg a day. Those little pills sure do keep me numb and devoid of any emotion or notion I may have of alowing myself to grieve.

I get my tramadol supply via the internet and the dhy from my doc.

I ran out of tram last Thursday and my internet supplier declined my order for the 1st time, which has left me cold turkey for 4 days now. Luckily i have dhy and i can say the withdrawls have been minimal (i have endured tram cold turkey before....it was hell on earth). I know one drug is only masking another.

After day 3 I had a reality check and cried for hours on end....the first in 14months. I felt sad and happy all at once.....i actualy FELT something!!

So yesterday i am happy at the thought my order had been declined, it was the kick i needed. I can actualy do this. I can have a life free of tram.

Today at work was awesome. I was sooo positive and looking forward to living again!!

Then i get home and check my emails...my so called declined order was approved today and disspatched and will arrive at my door tomorrow!!!

I know exactly what i will do. Pop a few kidding myself on that i will only take a few a day and by the end of the week i will be back up to the 20's.....Argh!!

Any word's of wisdom??

widowedtosoon is offline New Member

I can offer you a ear to listen and be supportive of you trying to stay clean; I too had a horrible time trying to cold turkey pills for years and it became so uncontrolable; I started the Suboxone program back in September and I really believed it was a wonderful thing. Well now that I want to get off of the Sub it seems that it will be a painful process also; if you really want to stop I think you should put your mind to it and see if you can; maybe you can send the order back? I know from my own personal demons that if you take a few now then you may continue the cycle. I am here to listen if you need; good luck to you and god bless

Cooke1984 is offline New Member

I've been depressed for a while, tryed everything, last medication I was on for my depression was ventaflaxine, similar to tramadol. I had really bad migraines so I stopped taking all my medication thinking they was causing the migraines , Anyway now I am on tramadol for my migraines, never felt better, I've looked it up and people have been prescribed tramadol for depression if other meds didnt work, The withdrawal is as bad as a ventaflaxine withdrawal. So I am going to talk to my doctor , and maybe they will keep me on the tramadol instead of the venaflaxine.