Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Whatwasithinking
Quit Percocet cold turkey.
    Whatwasithinking is offline New Member

Default Quit Percocet cold turkey.

Hello, I'm a 27 year old male and I have been doing percocet recreationally for about 4-5 months now.
    When I first started I didn't know much about this drug but I was doing it occasionally with a couple new friends. I have never done them daily and I don't think that I am really physically addicted to them and I have decides that I want to stop doing them because they have put me in the hole financially but most importantly I have seen people change because of them.
    I have been snorting 30mg pills and I have done from one up to 6 of them in one day, anywhere between that range. I can feel that I'm starting to like them more and more lately and it is easy for me to get my hands on them. Lately I have also been doing them more frequently.
    The other week I went 3 days without any because I didn't have money to get them and I was feeling weak and not motivated to do anything I didn't go through the withdrawals that I have been reading here. I have faith and believe that I can quit them and even though the withdrawal wasn't really unbearable I want to know how long does it last before you start to feel normal again?
    Like I said I haven't been doing them for too long so I dont think I'm as addicted as most people who post in here but a little insight from someone who's been in my shoes and quit is greatly apriceated.

Btw I wanted to add that I can get suboxin if i wanted to. Doing a quarter of a pill (orally) definitely helps but at the same time I don't want to swap addictions and be dependent on suboxin.
    It helps to talk about it and there's definitely some knowledgable people here and I would like to know how many days until I feel better after stopping. I work as a mechanic so feeling weak and unmotivated isn't really a good thing but I can put up with it as long as I start to feel better after a couple of days.

OXYmom is offline Member

Hey I just thought I'd tell you that there are tons of people here who will support you if you want or need it. If I read correctly, you have been taking between 30-180 mgs/day of oxycodone. Right? The percs have acetominophen as well, but the oxy is what has you hooked. It is really smart to stop now. Just like you said, it will get much worse as your mind and body will crave the high from now on. But, the great news is that you should feel better soon.
    I'd say that you will feel like you have the flu for a week, max. Symptoms should peak around day 3 and then by day 5 you should feel a lot better. The runs, runny nose and sneezing may linger. And, the rls (if you get it) and no sleep may linger. But, if you treat the symptoms with benadryl and Immodium, you should feel better really soon! I promise. I am on about Day 13. I even felt really happy a few days ago. It was strange to feel that way but it felt great!! I hope you have nothing but success with your cold turkey w/d. It really is worth it. Post as often as you can and let us know how you are doing. Good luck!!

OXYmom is offline Member

I also wanted to tell you that the subs may be overkill. Just MHO. If you do take them, please have a plan and don't do them all willy nilly or it will make your symptoms drag out and you will feel much worse. Trust me, I know how tempting it is just to get a few subs and take them here and there. But, subs don't work that way. I have a great friend from this board who used them that way and her symptoms stuck around for weeks instead of a few days. I have gotten clean more times than I'd care to admit (think over 100) and I have tried every way. Cold turkey is by far the fastest and best. Just take it a minute at a time. You've got this!!

Yes between 30-180mg and I have experienced the runny nose sneezing and yawning but it hasn't been too bad. Starting today I am going cold Turkey and have one subbing left and will use that to help me with the symptoms. Thanks for the tip.

OXYmom is offline Member

I once quit using 1.5 8mg sub. Like that is ALL I had. So, I just used it oh so sparingly and it didn't harm me. But, if you have ten of the little orange monsters they can mess you up in your detox. That's all I meant. The sneezing, runny nose and yawning still plague me daily after almost 2 weeks clean. Not too bad- just several times a day. But I have been on and off the opiates for too many years so your detox might not be the same. Your symptoms might go away more quickly. I hope so! You should share your w/d experience if you can so that others who read here can see what you experience. Just a thought- either way, I will be thinking about you and cheering you on.

Thanks. I will post my daily progress here, hopefully it will motivate people like others have motivated me.
    OXYmom and what456 like this.

what456 is offline Junior Member

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing. I am starting to wonder if going off the subs at such a stressful time in my life was a good idea. However, I am in a situation where I don't really have a choice. But I don't now that I would reccommend subs to anyone. Although, I functioned taking them, I have never felt worse trying to quit. I hope you are not feeling to bad and you can stop the oxy without much trouble.
    God speed to you!